Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2012, 07:09 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Buttercup204
Stats: 204/197/165
WOE: NK/JUDDD
Need some encouragement

I have a heck of a time sticking to my DD's lately. I find I am "restarting" more than anything and don't lose one bit. Then TOM comes to visit and blam, I am up the 5-7lbs I just lost and I cry. Oh and then it sticks around after TOM leaves...more crying. However this time I am blaming medication for my appetite troubles and weight gain (prednisone course both this month and in December). If I could stick to my plans longer than a day I would be okay. *sigh* I need motivation. Right now I am just resolved to running off the extra fat I have accumulated since December. I am *trying* my best to get back on the bandwagon. Saturday was a good DD, Sunday MD and today UD. I hope I can get 3 miles done on the treadmill as its snowing outside today and I have definitely eaten enough carbs for the energy I need. UGH! If only I could keep my resolve! I think I just need to come up with a plan for all contingencies with regards to my DD temptations and a regular schedule of what I eat.

Here's my plan so far:
DD eating schedule:
Breakfast:
Atkins shake OR coffee with 1TBs HWC, SF Torani syrup + Plain nonfat Greek Yogurt 4oz + 4 Medium Strawberries (160cals)
Lunch:
Grilled chicken caesar salad w/1TBs dressing or FF dressing (190)
Dinner:
Light meat (chicken, fish) 3oz, 1-2 cups veggies (120+50) 170
Dessert:
SF Jello + Small fruit (50-70cals)
570-590 total
Possibly less as I will probably often not eat breakfast and just have the coffee which would put me under 500.

However I think the exercise could be making me hungrier??? It curbs my appetite for a few hours after I do it but its later that I get ravenous. Should I only exercise on my UDs??? I get really great losses if I exercise on my DDs and don't "re-eat" my calories for it. I usually run 2 miles on a DD which at my weight is about 260 cal burn.

Any help/enouragement would be greatly appreciated. Do you guys think I should start over and stick to shakes for the first two weeks of DDs to get back on track?

-Michelle
2nd Mini-goal: 190
3rd Mini-goal: 185
4th Mini-goal: 180
5th Mini-goal: 175
6th Mini -goal: 170
Goal: 155-165 & size 8/10 or whatever weight gets rid of my wobbly bits!

Last edited by Buttercup204; 02-27-2012 at 07:11 PM..
Buttercup204 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2012, 07:44 PM   #2
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
The exercise could be doing that, but I wouldn't stop it just because of this. Exercise is great for you, as you know and if you lose good while doing it on DDs I would just tough it out for a few more weeks and see what happens.

The other thing I want to suggest is maybe do more proteinveggie based meals on your DDs instead of the shakes, fruit, and yogurt. Eggbeater omelet with veggies and laughing cow cheese instead, for example.

My experience has been if I eat fruit first thing in the morning I'm crazy hungry all day long. Have no understanding of this, only a guess that it's the natural sugar that is causing me to be more hungry, especially since I don't eat all that much on DDs anyway. If I still to good protein/veggie based meals I'm good at keeping that DD hunger at bay.

HTH

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 08:55 PM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
I agree with Beeb. I rarely have anything with sugar, even fruit sugar, on DDs. I do have greek yogurt, as it has tons of protein for a few calories (I use Fage 0%-100 calories and 18 grams of protein for 6 oz!). I just add a little liquid splenda or Mio water enhancer.

Lunch is usually a big salad with some sort of protein. I'm stuck on imitation crab meat right now. 40 calories for 1/4 cup. I'll also often have a whole peeled sliced cucumber with one wedge of laughing cow. Usually I'll have this with my salad if I skip breakfast.

Dinner is usually a small Wendy's chili or a Lean Cuisine.

I'm always under 400 calories, and sometimes exercise, burning as much as 700 calories without feeling too hungry or fatigued.

We're all different, so this may not work for you, but I'd totally suggest more protein and less sugar on DDs for at least a few to see how you do.

JUDDD got me where I want to be!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 04:28 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
I came to JUDDD from lc.

And I very carefully introduced one starchy/sweet carb at a time. Ate, say half an apple, with protein (to slow down the insulin response) then waited to see how I felt. At first sweet/starchy foods definitely left me feeling hungry - very hungry.

So I spent a few weeks on protein - fat (love my hwc) - leafy veggie. After a few weeks, I introduced refined/sweet carbs one at a time again. And saw a change in the way my body responded.

Gradually, as that old JUDDD magic took over, I was able to reintroduce foods. Potato and rice first, bread next, fruit and candy took the longest at about a month. Now I can eat anything without triggering hunger.
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 04:33 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
OH! And I agree with you - in the past when I have taken prednisone it really mixed up/messed up how my body functioned. Worse, the things-going-wrong that need steroids to stabilize can also have an impact.

Golly, with so much going on, your body may still be scavenging energy to rebuild health. Maybe you should try doing your hardest/longest exercising on UDs for a week or two.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 08:18 AM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: crazynanc
Stats: 148/144/113
WOE: JUDDD/FastFive/5:2
Start Date: November 2011
You can do it! I've been discouraged lately too since I've been on a stall. But if you just stick with it for a couple of days (and get encouragement from all the wonderful people here) you can get right back into it!

One thing I've found is that on dd's I need to chew! If I have shakes/broth/yogurt I just don't feel full. Good luck!
crazynanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 08:37 AM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Hey Buttercup, sorry you're struggling, and glad you came to the board to get help.

You're still kinda new at JUDDD, so perhaps you're over-exercising on DD. I don't think I would have been able to do anything on DDs in the beginning. It took time to adjust to DDs and now I can exercise on them, but I don't do a lot. Perhaps your body just needs more adjustment time to the low calorie days before it can come up with the energy for a lot of exercise without provoking a ravenous response.

JUDDD itself will help you burn off the fat without wearing yourself out trying to run it off. I mean, exercise if you like, but part of the "magic" of JUDDD is that it burns off fat for you while retaining your muscle. So don't stress yourself trying to frantically run off fat.

I'm sure your medication has had something to do with the increased appetite too.

Hope you feel better soon!
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote