Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2012, 10:44 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: crazynanc
Stats: 148/144/113
WOE: JUDDD/FastFive/5:2
Start Date: November 2011
Getting Discouraged

So I've been doing JUDDD since November (poorly with Thanksgiving/Christmas - ended up losing 8 pounds and gaining it all back).

So I started fresh in January and am down 10 pounds. But I've been at the same weight for the last 3 weeks.

I'm 5'1, currently 138 pounds, 27 years old. I've been sticking with 500 dd and 1500 ud. I've tried going down to 350 dd as recommended but I'm just too hungry to do that.

Unfortunately stress is probably not helping since my mom found out I'm trying to lose weight and now wants me to get down to a size 6 when I go to visit her in June. I'm currently a size 10.

I did my first hour of callenetics yesterday to start to incorporate exercise back into my regime.

Just need some encouragement.
crazynanc is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2012, 11:14 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
How did you come up with 1500 calories for your UD number? I get 1698 for you.. well, round that to 1700 calories for your UDs. You are another of petite stature, but quite young, and that boosts your calorie needs higher, despite your height.

And then your DD calorie numbers come in at 20%=340, 25%=425, and 30%=509... so the lower you go on your Down Days, the faster you might expect to lose weight, but certainly holding to 500 calorie DDs is well within your number to lose.

Did you ever go through a period of doing your Up Days at that 1700 calorie level that is your magic number? Often enough, if we arbitrarily lower our UD calories as well as eating our already very low DD calories (at whatever number we are holding to on DDs).. we find that it doesn't help speed our weight loss along after all. In fact, it makes our body decide to hold onto more fat, if possible, lest we are in a famine and not finding enough food. And when we hold that low over a period of time, it pretty much proves to our brain that, .....yes.. it must have been right. There must be a famine out there, because obviously this body isn't finding enough to eat! Time to slow metabolism and conserve body fat.....

Well, that's only a thought. But it might be a nice experiment to do calories of 500/1700 for two or three weeks and really respect those numbers. Don't go much under and don't go much over. Really try to hit your target calories pretty close. And then see how weight loss goes for you in the next three weeks.
Old 02-27-2012, 11:17 AM   #3

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
As Callan would say, "just keep going". You are doing the right stuff for yourself, it'll happen when it'll happen. I think at your size, the Callanetics will do wonderful things for your shape. Mine is still hidden under a layer of fat, the muscle helps but the fat has to go before I can really get that great shape that Callanetics gives you.

Any particular reason your mom is hung up on size 6? What happens if you aren't there in June? Other people's expectations can be really crazymaking.

I suggest you also check in on the Callanetics challenge thread on the Exercise board. Some good info there on form and good encouragement.

JUDDD works, you just gotta keep working it. This is a pretty encouraging group, I know you'll get lots and lots of support here.

"Success occurs in clusters and is born in generosity" --Julia Cameron

Describes my JUDDD Buddds perfectly.
Luna Loca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 11:21 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Hey Crazy! It is good to see you again!

Sympathies for Mom trying to set your goals for you. Ten pounds gone is very good.

That stall has to be coming from somewhere. Have you tried upping your UD calories to the 1600 - 1700 range? You may be holding UD so low that you are slipping into starvation mode.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 11:33 AM   #5
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
No disrespect to your Mom, but what does it matter to her what size you are? You have lost 10 pounds and THAT should be !!

Be the size YOU want to be and are happy with now right now OR in June! Adding stress and trying to get to a size someone else, even those we love the most, have determined to be right for us just doesn't help at all.

Don't be discouraged!! You are doing a great job and I will suggest you only listen to those you see the great job you are doing and can offer positive encouragement right now.

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 03:57 PM   #6

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Hope I am not that Mother... cut out the size labels, and lie!

But seriously, I concur, try the 1700 UDs and the 500 DDs for a couple of weeks of rotations.

And definitely keep up with Callanetics. ( I should)
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 08:13 AM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: crazynanc
Stats: 148/144/113
WOE: JUDDD/FastFive/5:2
Start Date: November 2011
Thank you all for the encouragement. I had a very good down day yesterday and have planned out a slightly higher ud for today (yay for homemade blueberry pie). You guys are the best!
crazynanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 09:05 AM   #8
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazynanc View Post
Thank you all for the encouragement. I had a very good down day yesterday and have planned out a slightly higher ud for today (yay for homemade blueberry pie). You guys are the best!
Now how about sharing that pie?!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote