Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2012, 09:18 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: thurms
Stats: 201/201/130 5'3"
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: Starting 3/27/2014
Newbie help please!

I've done a lot of reading over the past few days regarding this eating plan.
I would like to give it a shot!! I

I entered my stats on the Dr. J website and it shows that my up day calories should be 1800 and my down day should be 450. Is this all the info I need to get started? Just stick to these numbers on the designated days?

Do you have to be on the nose with these numbers? I would suspect that the down day number would need to be pretty close but up day? I was hoping to eat within reason and not have to count anything on those days, but I will if that is what the plan requires.

Are there any certain guidelines to what you must eat to make up those 450 calories on the down day?

Thanks for any words of advice!!

Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2012, 09:28 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Try reading this WHAT IS JUDDD? COME INSIDE AND SEE!!

Most folks here recommend starting with an Up Day, so that you feel well nourished and realise all the great food choices can be enjoyed on JUDDD.

'On the nose' is of course ideal, but I think you could call the lower number 500 and do just fine.

JUDDD is all about calories so you can eat any food that takes your fancy provided you note the calories. On your Up Days you may not need to count too carefully, but I think to begin with it would be wise. The difference between 100 grams of, say, cheddar and 200 grams of cheddar, is over 400 calories. Not something to be ignored, lol.

Good luck and post often. Everyone here is happy to advise and listen.

Most of us use one of the calorie counting sites and there is a thread here listing them all.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:30 AM   #3
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: LC..My "Don't Have To Think Because It's Simple"!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thurms View Post
I've done a lot of reading over the past few days regarding this eating plan.
I would like to give it a shot!! I

I entered my stats on the Dr. J website and it shows that my up day calories should be 1800 and my down day should be 450. Is this all the info I need to get started? Just stick to these numbers on the designated days?

Do you have to be on the nose with these numbers? I would suspect that the down day number would need to be pretty close but up day? I was hoping to eat within reason and not have to count anything on those days, but I will if that is what the plan requires.

Are there any certain guidelines to what you must eat to make up those 450 calories on the down day?

Thanks for any words of advice!!
to JUDDD! There isn't too much you need to do but just follow your DD and UD calories and eat the foods you love.

DD calories should not go over but going under is just fine. UD calories should be right up to the number, but if you go lower it's OK, but try to stay no lower than 100 or 150 calories to get the max out of JUDDD.

And I will suggest, strongly, that even though Dr. J says we don't have to count calories on our UDs it's a good idea, especially until you get the hang of JUDDD. You would be very surprised on how many of us thought we were eating that suggested UD calorie number without counting them but when we input our actual food for an UD we found we were way over on the calories or way under and neither of these "ways" are good.

This has been happening to me since I have been in maintenance and thought I could just have free days (no counting calories) on my UDs. Boy, am I finding out this is a bad idea! I am eating way too much and now I'm counting calories on my UDs again and NOT going over those suggested calories to get rid of the extra 3 pounds over goal (DD weight ) I have put on from my free days!

Just do the plan as suggested and you will do wonderful. Here are the links I always suggest and seem to give the most info and help!

Don't Let Those DD Calories Scare You Into NOT Trying JUDDD!

JUST GIVE IT A CHANCE, 2 WEEKS IS ALL!!

YOU GOTTA EAT!!

The Scale, She "BOUNCES"!!

HTH!

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”

Last edited by Beeb; 02-27-2012 at 09:31 AM..
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:33 AM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote