Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2012, 12:09 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ghislaine
Stats: 197.5/184/128-138
WOE: Protein Power
Start Date: 1/2/12
First Up Day Yesterday

I've been reading the JUDDD board for a while thinking that I'd start at some point when my weight loss slows down doing Protein Power. That hasn't happened yet but I think I'm ready to make the leap anyway. I'd been thinking about having my first up day tomorrow for my birthday but since I hit nearly 1900 calories with a dinner out with my husband last night, I figured I might as well make today a DD and go from there! I'd intended on doing a bit more prep work before going into a down day but I'm giving it a go today anyway. I'm only really starting to get hungry at 1:30pm so that seems pretty good. I made an Asian style cabbage dish and I'm better now.

At 5'1" and age 36 tomorrow, I get a 1883 calorie up day and a 377 down day at 20% Weight loss mode. I'll be interested to see how it goes at even 500 calories though! I'm very much a whole foods person so I won't be going for many low fat type products.

Has anyone made the cabbage meals using red cabbage? I've been getting more red ones then green ones from my CSA share and am curious how well they'd work.
Ghislaine is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2012, 02:31 PM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MintQ8
Stats: 264.6 (restart 260.2)/255/140
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: 6 May 2014
Welcome to JUDDD!

I can't answer about the Red Cabbage question. If I think about it - they can be quite different and yet the same...

I like my red cabbage sweeter - not sure about converting a red cabbage recipe to a low cal one - but I bet it can be done.

Good luck - and I hope someone else can answer your question!
MintQ8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 03:01 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Welcome!

I put red cabbage and the Fresh Express cole slaw mix into ************ and it looks like Red cabbage is about double the green. Cals/carbs for Red is 83/20, and for green its 40/10. So if you account for the extra calories, I don't see why you couldn't use it. Maybe use a lower cal sauce (like soy sauce) instead of the laughing cow cheese to compensate?
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 03:40 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mainemom
Stats: 147/129/115 5' 1"
WOE: LC; Intermittent Fasting; Wheat Free
Start Date: January 2011
Welcome, Ghislaine! You and I are the same height. I do 500 cal DDs (the 35% wt loss mode) most times, since I'm worried I'd go overboard and say "to heck with it" if I try for much lower and then don't make that number. My UD limit is 1428 - I'm 15 yrs older than you and have to adjust my cals down as my wt goes down, but I have to admit I frequently go over that. My weight loss has been pretty slow because I don't do JUDDD perfectly. I'm finding I average about.5 /week, but I'm perfectly OK w/that, since I'm close to my goal weight and kind of easing into maintenance.

I know what you mean about the "whole foods" versus the low/no fat stuff. Atkins really got me out of that mind set, and now I have a hard time fitting them into my eating again. The red cabbage sounds yummy - I'll have to try that.

GOOD LUCK! You'll find this is an informative and supportive forum.
"...had we been discussing disorders of growth - why some people grow to be more than seven feet tall and others never make it to four feet - the only subject of discussion would be the hormones and enzymes that regulate growth. And yet, when we're discussing a disorder in which the defining symptom is the abnormal growth of our fat tissue, the hormones and enzymes that regulate that growth are considered irrelevant."
- Gary Taubes, Why We Get Fat
mainemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 07:24 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: laranda
Stats: 185lbs 5'1/147/GOAL-110
WOE: Atkins/IF
Start Date: LC Since 09 JUDDD - 1/30/12

I'm a shorty here too. I've been doing 500/1800 days.
laranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 03:45 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Ghislaine!

JUDDD is totally accepting of any eating format (and any combination). I think you are very wise to decide, "That was a great UD. Time to jump in and have my first DD."

Let us know how it goes!

AND
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 07:34 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ghislaine
Stats: 197.5/184/128-138
WOE: Protein Power
Start Date: 1/2/12
Thanks everyone! Unfortunately, it does not appear that I can do such low calorie days at this point in time. I get far too crabby when hungry which doesn't work while trying to raise a 3-year-old! She's still nursing too say I may need to up my calories. I'm going to get back on track with Protein Power and track my calories to see what overall level seems to work for me before trying again someday.
Ghislaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 02:46 PM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MintQ8
Stats: 264.6 (restart 260.2)/255/140
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: 6 May 2014
Hi - there's some other nursing mothers here - there is a thread to two somewhere.

If, I recall correctly, they eat 700-800 cals per day on DD. You definitely don't want to go to low, I imagine.
MintQ8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:18 PM   #9
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghislaine View Post
Thanks everyone! Unfortunately, it does not appear that I can do such low calorie days at this point in time. I get far too crabby when hungry which doesn't work while trying to raise a 3-year-old! She's still nursing too say I may need to up my calories. I'm going to get back on track with Protein Power and track my calories to see what overall level seems to work for me before trying again someday.
I'm sorry to read this. At 3 years old I would think your little one is just about ready to stop nursing so why not give yourself a larger calorie allowance on DDs and see how it goes? Then when she is eating on her own you can lower those DD calories or not. I started at 700 and never lowered them and I lost just fine. And yes, we all get a little crabby the first couple of DDs but it just get easier and easier to the point that UD or DD is just a "day"!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote