Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2012, 04:36 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Scotty
Stats: 174/160.9/140- 5' 7.5" born in 1946
WOE: Enjoying JUDDD's freedom after years of low carb
Start Date: Every day!!! JUDD start 1/13/12
DOWN, THEN UP! WHAT'S UP WITH THAT??

Friends-

I have been doing well the last week or so of my JUDDD journey, slowly moving downward-I weigh on the morning after DD, but there are days when I am suddenly down a pound, and then suddenly UP a pound!!

I started 1/13 at about 174.

Of course, the down a pound is happily accepted, but that UP pound is extremely discouraging.

Friday morning I was a 166.6, a new low in the last 8 months, and today I am at 167.9!!

Friday I had just under my allotment of 1704-1683-of course these are always estimates, but I am pretty obsessive about putting everything in... Friday wine was also factored into the equation.

Yesterday, per a suggestion to up my DD cals, I had just under 500 instead of the 341 allotment. To be honest, I was just as hungry and am wondering if this was a mistake...

So I am wondering if there is any rhyme or reason to this or if it's just the way it goes.

I have not "cheated". The wine, several glasses of it, was within my allotment. There have been other days when I have gone up a pound when I hadn't had any wine...

Will somebody talk me down?

"If you're afraid of butter, add a little cream" Julia Child
Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2012, 05:15 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mattsmama
Stats: 188/129.2/135 5'8" 42 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: JUDDD-11/11 to present (LC-5/11-11/11)
What you are experiencing is perfectly "normal" for JUDDD. I cannot tell you how many times my weight has skyrocketed back up after a great new low. Especially around ovu time, or TOM. I used to get upset and worry. Now, I just kind of shrug it off, keep on the plan, and wait for the next new low. But I think that any woe for weight loss will result in fluctuations.
Keep on keepin' on. You are doing so very well, and you are sticking to the plan. You will see great results with time.
mattsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 05:32 AM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Am I correct in understanding you do not weigh after an UD?

Like MattsMama said, that is a pretty normal bounce. It probably means on UD you went up a over pound or and are now releasing that. It happens to me at least once a week - sometimes more than a pound for no obvious reason - and I yet I end my weekly cycle down from the previous week.

Actually, this is an interesting question...Goddess, have you not seen that kind of bounce before? When you weigh on DD have you always seen the same as or less than the previous DD's weight?
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 11:44 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

mattsmama No hormonal issues; I am happily post-menopausal... I will stick with it and just be glad that the trend is down, not up... it continues to not be easy...

gotsome Yes, I only weigh the morning after a DD and yes, I have seen it before-a pound up, then a pound down, but it takes longer for the pound to go down than it does up.... as so many have said, weight loss is not "linear". But I want it to be!! Not sure what you mean, though, about "releasing" it..

Today is an UD and having a problem journalling my cals-had an "apple pancake" from grandparents.com for when the grandsons came over-had to estimate, and it looks like my cals will be close to 2000 or above (1704 is my allotment), and that doesn't count the cosmopolitan I was planning on having during the Oscars....sigh....
Old 02-26-2012, 02:57 PM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MintQ8
Stats: 264.6 (restart 260.2)/255/140
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: 6 May 2014
Have the comsopolitan any way - bet you'll still be happily surprised after tomorrow's DD.

However, I sometimes lose after an UD - so there really is no rhyme or reason - the scale just goes down!!
MintQ8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 05:59 PM   #6
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: LC..My "Don't Have To Think Because It's Simple"!
The Scale, She "BOUNCES"!!

Hope this helps!!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 03:55 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
"Release" is just a verb I picked up somewhere and use to describe the water weight UD 'up' that vanishes after a DD. "Lose" just didn't seem magical enough to me, I guess.

I asked because, if you had not seen the bounce before it might help us pinpoint why JUDDD is still uncomfortable for you. But, dang it, you have bounced before so, to quote my cousin, "that dog don't hunt".
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 07:43 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

The UD turned into a free fall-da*n those cosmos
DH said "boy you sure had the hungries last night..."
I have no idea how many cals.... LOTS!
Today I am trying for 341 (my allotment) or less..
Beeb Yes, that helped.
gotsome I love the quote somebody has that all weight gain is water, and all weight loss is fat...

10:40 am and am not hungry, just enjoying my coffee with FF hnh and Splenda. I have cabbage "sauteed" and sauced with broth, soy and balsamic, with onion laughing cow melted in-hardly any cals-for lunch. No clue for dinner...

Last edited by Scotty; 02-27-2012 at 07:45 AM..