Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   DOWN, THEN UP! WHAT'S UP WITH THAT?? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/759598-down-then-up-whats-up.html)

Scotty 02-26-2012 04:36 AM

DOWN, THEN UP! WHAT'S UP WITH THAT??

Friends-

I have been doing well the last week or so of my JUDDD journey, slowly moving downward-I weigh on the morning after DD, but there are days when I am suddenly down a pound, and then suddenly UP a pound!!

I started 1/13 at about 174.

Of course, the down a pound is happily accepted, but that UP pound is extremely discouraging.

Friday morning I was a 166.6, a new low in the last 8 months, and today I am at 167.9!!

Friday I had just under my allotment of 1704-1683-of course these are always estimates, but I am pretty obsessive about putting everything in... Friday wine was also factored into the equation.

Yesterday, per a suggestion to up my DD cals, I had just under 500 instead of the 341 allotment. To be honest, I was just as hungry and am wondering if this was a mistake... :dunno:

So I am wondering if there is any rhyme or reason to this or if it's just the way it goes. :annoyed:

I have not "cheated". The wine, several glasses of it, was within my allotment. There have been other days when I have gone up a pound when I hadn't had any wine...

Will somebody talk me down? :p

mattsmama 02-26-2012 05:15 AM

What you are experiencing is perfectly "normal" for JUDDD. I cannot tell you how many times my weight has skyrocketed back up after a great new low. Especially around ovu time, or TOM. I used to get upset and worry. Now, I just kind of shrug it off, keep on the plan, and wait for the next new low. But I think that any woe for weight loss will result in fluctuations.
Keep on keepin' on. You are doing so very well, and you are sticking to the plan. You will see great results with time.:shake:

gotsomeold 02-26-2012 05:32 AM

Am I correct in understanding you do not weigh after an UD?

Like MattsMama said, that is a pretty normal bounce. It probably means on UD you went up a over pound or and are now releasing that. It happens to me at least once a week - sometimes more than a pound for no obvious reason - and I yet I end my weekly cycle down from the previous week.

Actually, this is an interesting question...Goddess, have you not seen that kind of bounce before? When you weigh on DD have you always seen the same as or less than the previous DD's weight?

Scotty 02-26-2012 11:44 AM

mattsmama No hormonal issues; I am happily post-menopausal... ;) I will stick with it and just be glad that the trend is down, not up... it continues to not be easy...

gotsome Yes, I only weigh the morning after a DD and yes, I have seen it before-a pound up, then a pound down, but it takes longer for the pound to go down than it does up.... :laugh: as so many have said, weight loss is not "linear". But I want it to be!! :p Not sure what you mean, though, about "releasing" it..

Today is an UD and having a problem journalling my cals-had an "apple pancake" from grandparents.com for when the grandsons came over-had to estimate, and it looks like my cals will be close to 2000 or above (1704 is my allotment), and that doesn't count the cosmopolitan I was planning on having during the Oscars....sigh....

MintQ8 02-26-2012 02:57 PM

Have the comsopolitan any way - bet you'll still be happily surprised after tomorrow's DD.

However, I sometimes lose after an UD - so there really is no rhyme or reason - the scale just goes down!!

Beeb 02-26-2012 05:59 PM

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ju...e-bounces.html

Hope this helps!! :console:

gotsomeold 02-27-2012 03:55 AM

"Release" is just a verb I picked up somewhere and use to describe the water weight UD 'up' that vanishes after a DD. "Lose" just didn't seem magical enough to me, I guess.

I asked because, if you had not seen the bounce before it might help us pinpoint why JUDDD is still uncomfortable for you. But, dang it, you have bounced before so, to quote my cousin, "that dog don't hunt".

Scotty 02-27-2012 07:43 AM

The UD turned into a free fall-da*n those cosmos
DH said "boy you sure had the hungries last night..."
I have no idea how many cals.... LOTS!
Today I am trying for 341 (my allotment) or less..
Beeb Yes, that helped.
gotsome I love the quote somebody has that all weight gain is water, and all weight loss is fat... :laugh:

10:40 am and am not hungry, just enjoying my coffee with FF hnh and Splenda. I have cabbage "sauteed" and sauced with broth, soy and balsamic, with onion laughing cow melted in-hardly any cals-for lunch. No clue for dinner...