Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2012, 04:01 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: oneoftwo
Stats: 146/120/120 (maintain 118-120max) 5'3.5"
WOE: Atkins/HCG one round to goal/JUDDD to maintain
Ok another exercise and calories burned question

Ok so if I am doing a long run (for my half marathon training) on a DD, do you think it would be better to have a DD the day before or the day of?

I usually run in the AM (usually between 6-9am). So not sure if "food fuel" wise it is better to have an UD the day before my run or the day of? Thoughts?

As I mentioned before I will usually be burning betwee 500-1000 calories per run depending on my scheduled distance
oneoftwo is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-2012, 04:10 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneoftwo View Post
Ok so if I am doing a long run (for my half marathon training) on a DD, do you think it would be better to have a DD the day before or the day of?

I usually run in the AM (usually between 6-9am). So not sure if "food fuel" wise it is better to have an UD the day before my run or the day of? Thoughts?

As I mentioned before I will usually be burning betwee 500-1000 calories per run depending on my scheduled distance
For my own needs (and I no longer work out as hard as you do) but if I was running that early on the morning, I would do it following a good UD the day before, even to the point of making sure I saved a goodly number of those previous UD calories to have at suppertime. I'd rely on a good fuel *fill* from that UD to stand me in good stead for my long run the following morning.

So I'd run early on my DD, and then I'd feed myself some protein. The run would be fueled from the previous UD, so shouldn't be more difficult than most runs are, burning that many calories should hopefully require my body to also pull some fuel from my body fat reserves, especially if my run was more sustained and not too *sprint-y*.. and then I'd get in that protein feed to aid my body in repairing and replenishing my muscle tissue of any fiber loss the run cost me.
Old 02-25-2012, 04:11 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mattsmama
Stats: 188/129.2/135 5'8" 42 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: JUDDD-11/11 to present (LC-5/11-11/11)
My last run was only 4.5 miles at 10 min/mile. So I don't think I run as long as you. I would plan the run for a DD, and have a small snack as a provision just in case. Do you have one of those wonderful little pouches? I would stick a little granola bar in there.

I think I run better having an UD the night before.

Last edited by mattsmama; 02-25-2012 at 04:13 PM..
mattsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 06:36 PM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mom22boys
Stats: 147/124.6/118 5'2"
WOE: Juddd & Low Carb
Start Date: Started Juddd 2/1/12
I run 6 miles 4 times a week and do so much better in the morning after an up day. The problem is that then I am hungry later on that day. I have found it better when I do not eat before the run and then have all of my calories left for the rest of the day. I usually go to bed looking forward to breakfast the next morning

Good luck on your 1/2 marathon
mom22boys is offline   Reply With Quote