Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2012, 11:35 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lovinlowcarb
Newbie please check my normal calories and dd calories

Hi all, my name is Teresa Sewell, I am 55 years old and have been unemployed for almost 2 years now, I am the mother of 2 boys ages 14 and 19 I am 5'4" and currently weigh 258lbs. I input everything into Dr. Johnson's calorie calculator and this is what I came up with my normal calories should be 2184 and my DD calories should be 437 can anyone tell me if this is correct because this is a lot of calories and I have hypothyroidism and I am not sure I can lose on these calories and I have a lot of weight I would like to lose.
lovinlowcarb is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-2012, 11:59 AM   #2
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinlowcarb View Post
Hi all, my name is Teresa Sewell, I am 55 years old and have been unemployed for almost 2 years now, I am the mother of 2 boys ages 14 and 19 I am 5'4" and currently weigh 258lbs. I input everything into Dr. Johnson's calorie calculator and this is what I came up with my normal calories should be 2184 and my DD calories should be 437 can anyone tell me if this is correct because this is a lot of calories and I have hypothyroidism and I am not sure I can lose on these calories and I have a lot of weight I would like to lose.
At your weight/age/height I think those calories look just fine. I would suggest you try them for 2 weeks and see what happens. If you don't lose and gain then lower the UD calorie number by about 200 calories. If you don't lose or gain then lower that UD number by about 100/150. If you are losing OK, even a small loss, I would leave them alone.

If you add your 2 days together you are getting an average of 1310.5 calories a day, which would be a good weight loss number if you were on another plan or calorie counting everyday and doing these calories everyday. When I started I was doing an average of 1200 a day (UD and DD added together and divided by 2) and I was 151 pounds. You are a bit heavier than I am so you will need more calories to help the burn.

HTH

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 12:09 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Beeb

Thanks so much for looking at my numbers I have tried every diet there is out there to lose this weight and I have lost about 80 lbs on WW only to regain it all and some more. I am hoping this up day and down day will help me a lot. Do you mind me asking how long you have been JUDDING? Thanks again.
Old 02-25-2012, 04:45 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: theredhead
Stats: 229/147/145
WOE: Atkins/hCG/maintaining EASILY with JUDDD
Start Date: 09/04/03
Teresa, welcome!

You're going to love JUDDD! I, too, have done it all. I'm even a lifetime member of Weight Watchers, but I stayed at my goal for exactly six seconds, lol.

Spend some time reading the threads in this forum and you'll get to know us and how things work. Ask questions any time. I'm looking forward to seeing your progress and getting to know you better.
theredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 04:47 PM   #5
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinlowcarb View Post
Thanks so much for looking at my numbers I have tried every diet there is out there to lose this weight and I have lost about 80 lbs on WW only to regain it all and some more. I am hoping this up day and down day will help me a lot. Do you mind me asking how long you have been JUDDING? Thanks again.
I have been a JUDDD BUDDD now for 7 months, as of March 1. I LOVE this WOE and will never do anything else. I find it very doable and the mini fast
DDs actually are great in how they make me feel! I'm full of energy and not hungry at all!

UDs are so good because I can eat whatever I want, no food restrictions, and that was my problem after a while when I was doing LC, WW or any other WOE I tried. And JUDDD is SO forgiving that if I get too on my UDs and eat a bit too much it will come right off after doing a good DD.

How can I not love something this easy and doable, plus be able to maintain my weight for the last 4 months as I have? NO where, I can tell you!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 04:55 PM   #6
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Sounds good to me as well! You've nailed the numbers. All you have to do is respect them, and I'll bet you will be very, very, VERY pleased with how your weight loss comes along.

Do expect a lot of ups and downs on the scale, so many of us weigh daily, but only rely on the average of the week to compare to the average of the previous week to tell us we're losing weight week after week after week.

Glad you're joining us here!
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 05:56 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Thanks to all of you

Thanks to all of you for your help, I am looking forward to starting JUDD tomorrow, I look forward to getting to know each of you better and see your success on JUDD, I would love to lose about 80 lbs and I hope it goes fast because I really don't have much patience, the UD sound fantastic to me.
Old 02-26-2012, 06:04 AM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
to JUDDD, Teresa!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 06:12 AM   #9
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: pinemeadows
Teresa, from what I've read, those numbers look about right.

I know there are experts here who can guide you along this journey, which why I'm going to be joining you too!
pinemeadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 06:20 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: annieS
WOE: vegetarian/JUDDD
Start Date: january to march 2011 / 2nd start 16 feb 2012

you'll love it ! JUDDDing is so easy, you will forget all about the others WOE !
annieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 06:31 AM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Lovinlowcarb and Pinemeadows!
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 08:48 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Just coffee and creamer on DD

I am about to start JUDD tomorrow and would like to start with a DD I was wondering if just having coffee and creamer or iced tea sweetened with Splenda all day would be acceptable, I'm talking about eating no solid foods at all I need to lose a lot of weight and would like to be able to fit into my old shorts before summer gets here. Thanks for the warm welcome and I look forward to becoming friends with all of you.
Old 02-26-2012, 10:51 AM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Hey lovin'!

I guess the first thought that leaps into my mind is, have you done a liquid fast before?

If you are used to only drinking your calories, that can work quite well. I suggest you give it a try but have a plan to jump into solid food if you become weak or uncomfortable. Plan small meals and allow more than your calculated DD calories just in case (many of us start at about 700 cals then work down).

JUDDD is enormously flexible. Feeling good and having energy is part of the magic. Plan your first DD so, at the end of the day you think, well I was hungry but I felt pretty good!
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote