Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Struggling to stick to DD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/759295-struggling-stick-dd.html)

Demonica 02-24-2012 10:15 AM

Struggling to stick to DD

I had a situation this morning that has me mad and ready to hurt someone:mad: specifically the person who made me mad:mad:. Today is a DD and I am struggling to keep from making peanut butter/chocolate fudge for myself as a comfort food. (cuz I will eat the whole container of it by myself) How do you get thru DD's when you are angry/stressed out and all you want to do is eat?

SoHappy 02-24-2012 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonica (Post 15442430)
I had a situation this morning that has me mad and ready to hurt someone:mad: specifically the person who made me mad:mad:. Today is a DD and I am struggling to keep from making peanut butter/chocolate fudge for myself as a comfort food. (cuz I will eat the whole container of it by myself) How do you get thru DD's when you are angry/stressed out and all you want to do is eat?

I drink and drink and DRINK!!! I drink plenty during the course of a day anyway, but in times of desperation, I intentionally drink a whole lot more! This gives me something to focus on that isn't eating.

Almost anything that is calorie-free (or very, very low) works, but my favorite is making tea with two teabags in my 8 oz mug, so double strength tea, and then pouring it over my huge 16 oz sippy glass filled with ice! Just plain iced tea. And, I think it helps a person to lose weight too. Yay. Bonus.

831mariposa 02-24-2012 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonica (Post 15442430)

I'm feeling you!!! I am also having issues with emotional eating. Sooo very hard on DDs.
I am so bad at drinking water. I have become somewhat dependent on diet 7-up. I know, terrible.

Hope things get better, Demonica :aprayer:

Luna Loca 02-24-2012 11:58 AM

I exercise. It sounds cliche, but I always feel better after a walk or a good workout. Those endorphins are powerful little suckers, let me tell ya.

:hugs: I hope things get better soon!

sungoddess 02-24-2012 01:38 PM

Like Pat, I drink. Hot fluids help calm me.

Also, I busy myself with a project like knitting, oil painting, reading. The distraction helps.

Having a gossip session with my best friend leaves me feeling calmer and less likely to dive into a vat of chocolate chip cookie dough!

Beeb 02-24-2012 02:05 PM

Ask yourself if food is REALLY the answer to your getting you through being mad. Most likely you will be madder (at yourself) if you make and eat all those cookies or whatever you may eat.

Why unravel all the good you have done because some person got you upset? Write a letter to the person and tell them EXACTLY how you feel and then burn it!! Will get rid of the negative energy without undoing all the good you have done for yourself and your weight loss journey!

HTH! :console:

Yam-Yam 02-24-2012 02:17 PM

I hide. pull covers over my head. I hide. :dunno: But that's just me. :hyst:

Mommie22boys 02-24-2012 03:08 PM

SF gum. Chew, chew, chew. That and diet soda over ice.

Sorry you're feeling so ticked. :hugs:

sazzie 02-24-2012 04:22 PM

My eldest daughter just went through something similar and what she did relieved her so much.

She got a pillow, went into the closet, and screamed as loud as she could into the pillow; came out of the closet, and actually was smiling; she felt that much relief.

Oh, and as far as hunger goes for DDs........I have a OMM each DD, and I wouldn't do without them. They curb my hunger like no other food.

KeirasMom 02-24-2012 04:40 PM

Sazzie, what recipe do you use for your OMM. I'd like to try it again. Thx!

sazzie 02-24-2012 04:50 PM

Dawn,

This is the recipe I use:

2 tbsp of oat fiber
1 tbsp of psyllium husk
1 tbsp of protein powder
1 tsp baking powder
3 T egg whites
1 generous tbsp of pumpkin
pinch of salt

sweetener to taste
cinnamon to taste
ginger to taste

Da Vinci's flavor of choice (I'm fairly generous with this)

I simply mix it all together, then nuke it for 3 minutes. I nuke it that long because my microwave is not as strong as most.

If you mix it in an elongated plastic container, it can actually be cut into slices and toasted.

I don't use a mug.......I like the rectangular and the round shapes......it's fun!

KeirasMom 02-24-2012 05:50 PM

Thanks! I may try it next DD.

sunday 02-24-2012 06:07 PM

I agree with Sazzie only I like to do the oopsie with protein powder and it truly holds me over for the day. Also, I bought peppermint breath spray from Health Food Store and if I get very hungry, I spray one squirt and it has the same effect as brushing my teeth. If I am at home, I will go ahead and brush my teeth the minute my mind starts wanting to snack or go to the fridge, because that works wonders as far as keeping me from thinking about food. Rebounding while I watch my fav shows helps too.

I like to log my foods DD prior to the day, for some reason that helps me stay the course. ;)

Yam-Yam 02-25-2012 08:25 AM

Makes one serving

1/4 cup ground flax
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp coconut oil
1 egg
1 packet stevia

Directions
Mix all ingredients together in a mug and microwave for 50 seconds. Allow to cool to a safe temperature and enjoy!

this is really good and very filling!:yummy:

Beeb 02-26-2012 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sazzie (Post 15443467)
Dawn,

This is the recipe I use:

2 tbsp of oat fiber
1 tbsp of psyllium husk
1 tbsp of protein powder
1 tsp baking powder
3 T egg whites
1 generous tbsp of pumpkin
pinch of salt

sweetener to taste
cinnamon to taste
ginger to taste

Da Vinci's flavor of choice (I'm fairly generous with this)

I simply mix it all together, then nuke it for 3 minutes. I nuke it that long because my microwave is not as strong as most.

If you mix it in an elongated plastic container, it can actually be cut into slices and toasted.

I don't use a mug.......I like the rectangular and the round shapes......it's fun!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yam-Yam (Post 15444569)
Makes one serving

1/4 cup ground flax
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp coconut oil
1 egg
1 packet stevia

Directions
Mix all ingredients together in a mug and microwave for 50 seconds. Allow to cool to a safe temperature and enjoy!

this is really good and very filling!:yummy:

Calorie counts on these :yummy: sounding recipes? :notwrthy:

laranda 02-26-2012 07:17 PM

I come here and vent. :hugs:
:heart:

sazzie 02-26-2012 08:11 PM

Linda,

I count the pumpkin OMM as 90 calories.

2 tbsp oat fiber 0

1 tbsp p/husk 15

1 tbsp p/powder 30

pumpkin 20

3 T. egg white 25

b/powder 0

I have, at times, omitted the psyllium husk bringing the calories down to 75 calories, but for the most part, do use it.

Beeb 02-27-2012 01:00 PM

TY, Gracie!! :hugs:

mayleesa 02-27-2012 02:37 PM

i walk/exercise and pretend my fist blows are landing in a theraputic direction/drink crystal light/water/diet soda till my brains float out me ears!

sazzie 02-27-2012 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mayleesa (Post 15449974)
i walk/exercise and pretend my fist blows are landing in a theraputic direction/drink crystal light/water/diet soda till my brains float out me ears!

:hyst::hyst: