Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2012, 07:43 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: qbert
I need some advice for DD...

I do fairly well controlling my appetite in the morning/early afternoon on my DD. I try to save as many calories as possible for the evening because I consistently get extremely hungry by 4-5pm. I've tried drinking tea or increasing liquids but I find it so difficult to deal with hunger every night on my DD. Funny thing, most of the time I do not wake up feeling hungry so somehow it passes during the night. I guess I'm wondering if there is a better way to cope cause I am going to be doing this for a long time and I really do feel like DD are kind of torture for me. That every other day DD comes so quickly

Does anyone else ever get hungry at night? Maybe I'm in the minority.
qbert is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2012, 07:46 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: JUDDD
I wonder if you would be less hungry if you had a big dose of protein in the afternoon, like a 100 calorie protein shake with 20-24 g of protein--you also may need more DD calories. How many are you eating now? I have had 600 calorie DDs, where that afternoon protein is what I need to make my evenings better. I also plan for a 20 calorie diet hot cocoa in the evenings. Seems to really chase away the hungries.
ouizoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 08:01 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: qbert
I try to keep it as low as I can on a DD, under 500 if at all possible. The lower the cals, the worse the hunger. Yesterday I think I had about 520. I was fighting hunger at 10pm. It's not like I need a big snack either, sometimes just a small amount of food seems to end that feeling but of course, I have no calories left by then. I have also used the low cal hot choc (I only use half a package to save cals) but that doesn't seem to do it either. Maybe I need to save as much protein as possible for night. Honestly, UP or DD, my body clock seems to be more inclined to crave food at the end of the day.
qbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 08:13 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: JUDDD
then save 100 calories worth of protein for 8pm! Or have a giant salad! AND eat more than 500 cals--try 600 and see how you go--it is no good if you are that hungry and miserable!
ouizoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 08:16 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
I find I have to have protein during the evening meal. Fortunately, for me it does not take much. Try starting low, stop to see how you are feeling, and work your way up if needed. Then, as you learn what your body needs, you can better arrange calories around the need.
gotsomeold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 08:20 AM   #6
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by qbert View Post
I do fairly well controlling my appetite in the morning/early afternoon on my DD. I try to save as many calories as possible for the evening because I consistently get extremely hungry by 4-5pm. I've tried drinking tea or increasing liquids but I find it so difficult to deal with hunger every night on my DD. Funny thing, most of the time I do not wake up feeling hungry so somehow it passes during the night. I guess I'm wondering if there is a better way to cope cause I am going to be doing this for a long time and I really do feel like DD are kind of torture for me. That every other day DD comes so quickly

Does anyone else ever get hungry at night? Maybe I'm in the minority.
Don't get that hungry. Eat before this extreme hunger starts and it will help to make the rest of the day easier. This I had to find out the hard way and whenever I do get extremely hungry like this I KNOW for the rest of the day I will want to eat the paint off the walls, if I could!

HTH!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 08:39 AM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
At 10 p.m. when you feel like you are going to die from hunger, measure out one 8 ounce cup of fat free, plain Greek yogurt. (I like to use those clear plastic disposable cups). Sweeten it with a bit of Splenda or Stevia or whatever zero calorie sweetener you have. Add several drops of vanilla extract and stir it up. After you eat this, you will not be hungry. And, as low as you have your calories for that DD, the magic SIRT 1 gene has already kicked in so most of the calories from the yogurt will be vaporized. You will sleep like a baby and be surprised to see the scale way down in the morning.

Protein requires a lot of energy to digest and burns calories just to get through the system. In fact, for every 100 calories of lean protein you eat, it takes 30 calories for your body to process it. (it has a 30% Specific Dynamic Action SDA). So, in reality you are only consuming 70 calories and SIRT1 won't allow you to store ANY of those 70 as fat. They will be used to nourish your muscles and organs and will also be used to produce Leptin and control your appetite the next day.

Just try it. It is very satisfying and sleep inducing. The protein in Greek yogurt (23 grams for 8 oz) has a magic way of pulling fat and water out of your tissues and it's so good for your skin and all your organs. As you get a good night's sleep and your liver has something to work on, the hormone Leptin will be produced. It's the appetite control/satisfaction hormone. It is produced while we sleep and our livers are doing the purifying miracle that can only happen while we get our zzzzzzzzzz's.

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote