Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   It's Friday - what are you eating? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/759228-its-friday-what-you-eating.html)

Dottie 02-24-2012 06:02 AM

It's Friday - what are you eating?

UD

B: coffee; tuna and mayo
D: not sure yet
S: carne guisada and avocado

KeirasMom 02-24-2012 06:10 AM

It's a rare DD at home

B: Cafe Du Monde coffee with chicory
S: Broth/serrano if needed
L: Veggies and 0% Fage
D: Lean Cuisine or small chili

Having houseguests tomorrow, so I'll be doing a pretty major housecleaning for my exercise. :laugh:

Kissa 02-24-2012 06:16 AM

DD here.

So far one soya coffee, one regular coffee.

adillenal 02-24-2012 06:31 AM

UD
B - 2 eggs scrambled in coconut oil, coffee with HWC, 2 slices whole wheat toast with SF apricot preserves (465)
L - Dannon fullfat yogurt with an apple and banana (500)
D - Ground meat, cabbage and tomatoes with added brown rice (500)
S - hot air popcorn and a hot chocolate (250)

SoHappy 02-24-2012 06:35 AM

Having a DD here.

Lots and lots of cooked shredded cabbage with lite Laughing Cow cheese and maybe a cold salad of greens with water-pak tuna. Radishes and cucumber slices to snack on.

500 calories.

LightlyStarched 02-24-2012 06:36 AM

Up day.

B: Toasted English muffin. Two fried eggs. Two pork sausage. Coke Zero.

L: Beef patty with cheese & green chile & sour cream.

D: Kids have friends over and want spaghetti & meatballs. I may make a fancier pasta dish for me and Dh. Penzey's has a recipe this month for chicken cooked in zatar. It looks so yummy. Maybe I'll make that, with a side of saffron pasta w/butter. Broccoli or snap peas for veggie.

annieS 02-24-2012 06:39 AM

UD here

B = homemade vegan brioche
L = gnocchi & spinach + soy yogurt
D = japanese restaurant ... and wine !

vilanteira 02-24-2012 07:10 AM

UD today, and after my DD yesterday turned into a MD from that pre-TOM hunger beast rearing its ugly head, I need to stick very close to my UD limit today.

B: coffee, unsweetened almond milk with a scoop of whey protein, 2 soft-boiled eggs
L: shrimp, pork daikon stew, sauteed veggies
D: haven't decided yet but there will be one glass of champagne (as part of a mini-celebration thing tonight)

Will try my best to keep it under 1800.

WWC 02-24-2012 07:27 AM

DD-day 38

Breakfast--coffee with splenda
Dinner--cabbage, miracle rice, 1/2 cup turkey, 1 wedge LC cheese, and a splash of chicken broth
Lots and lots of hot water with green tea and lemon

Carmiel 02-24-2012 09:32 AM

DD

I am going to fast through until dinner today and then I am going to try that Cabbage dish that everyone seems to like. I have half a cabbage in the fridge and will mix it with some onion, garlic and shrimp, maybe some cheese...oh dear, now I am getting hungry :sad:

Beeb 02-24-2012 09:58 AM

UD and counting calories today to "reign" myself in from too many high FDs. Keeping my calories to 1600/1700 today.

Egg on bagel thin, little butter, coffee/tea w/low fat half and half. Calories so far today are: 242 leaving me 1400+ for dinner/snacks

Probably no lunch since we are going out for DF's birthday to a really nice and rich food restaurant for dinner and I want to use most of the calories left for this!. :yummy:

mykidsteacher 02-24-2012 10:46 AM

DD

b--1 egg+2 egg whites scrambled in 1 tsp olive oil
sn--1/2 container Oikos yogurt with 1 tbsp sf syrup
l--cabbage, shrimp and soy sauce
sn--rest of yogurt with 1 tbsp sf syrup
d--hamburger/sausage patty and stir fry veggies

Kissa 02-24-2012 10:49 AM

Good DD,

Add to breakfast:

S 1 soya flat white coffee
S 1 cheddar marmite cheese
D Mixed salad and 1/2 a WW macaroni cheese.

508 cals :)

Low Carb Librarian 02-24-2012 11:06 AM

DD

Coffee w/ SF creamer
Egg & 2 bacon

Don't know about the rest of the day....

Mommie22boys 02-24-2012 11:55 AM

DD here.

B: coffee w/ h&h (39)
L: ended up going out for lunch...small cup chicken noodle soup (didn't eat the chicken, so basically it was broth and a couple of egg noodles. Lol!), small mixed green salad w/ FF balsamic vinaigrette (72)
D: shrimp/cabbage stir fry w/ light sour cream (185)

That brings me to 296. However, I am just about to head off to a housewarming party, followed by a hockey mom party. There will be wine and appy's available at both. I am planning on chatting and drinking diet soda. Period.

I'm not messing up this awesome DD. So there. Humph!

MintQ8 02-24-2012 12:51 PM

DD which I may have to call a MD!

B: Berocca
L: Nothing
D: Salad, with some feta cheese and 6 kalamata olives (some nibbles of macaroni, with a little sauce and bacon)
Wine: Bottle (cough!) of champagne!!

came in at under 900 cals - and without the champers at just over 300 - so good day food wise!!! Saturday is still to be an UD!!!

Kissa 02-24-2012 12:56 PM

Vicky whoops, but you are having fun. Beware though, the scales are getting nearer, lol.

Andrea, respect, if you stick with that plan! :notwrthy:

Alcestis 02-24-2012 01:26 PM

DD

B: coffee, H&H (30)
L: soup (260), bread (90), ham (60), LC wedge (35)
S: Diet Swiss Miss (25)

I'm trying to avoid any more calories tonight. I'm a little peeved because the doctor's scale said I was only 1lb down this month, but I KNOW I'm smaller. I also know that I've been very generous with my UD calories for the last couple of weeks :o So I think it's time to buy a scale - for the first time in ten years!

itsmeshelly01 02-24-2012 03:18 PM

DD for me

Breakfast was 1/2 grapefruit and a OMM made with 1.5T oat bran, 1T oat fiber, 1T psyllium, 1t gluc, 1t baking powder, 1T greek yogurt, 3T egg whites and sf white chocolate davincis
Lunch was a salad with 2 slices 30 calorie ham, 1 cup spinach, 1 cup romaine, .5 cup mushrooms and 1T light italian dressing
Dinner is 80 calorie light soup with 1/2 zucchini, 1 celery stalk and 1 cup mushrooms added
will be at 339 for the day so i may have some sf jello with cottage cheese later for another 50 calories

Low Carb Librarian 02-24-2012 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mommie22boys (Post 15442790)
DD here.

B: coffee w/ h&h (39)
L: ended up going out for lunch...small cup chicken noodle soup (didn't eat the chicken, so basically it was broth and a couple of egg noodles. Lol!), small mixed green salad w/ FF balsamic vinaigrette (72)
D: shrimp/cabbage stir fry w/ light sour cream (185)

That brings me to 296. However, I am just about to head off to a housewarming party, followed by a hockey mom party. There will be wine and appy's available at both. I am planning on chatting and drinking diet soda. Period.

I'm not messing up this awesome DD. So there. Humph!

Wow! That sounds like a great DD! I need to try cabbage... Under 300 for all that.

KeirasMom 02-24-2012 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeirasMom (Post 15441647)
It's a rare DD at home

B: Cafe Du Monde coffee with chicory
S: Broth/serrano if needed
L: Veggies and 0% Fage
D: Lean Cuisine or small chili

Having houseguests tomorrow, so I'll be doing a pretty major housecleaning for my exercise. :laugh:

Ended up with
S: Broth/serrano (7)
L: Cucumber/LC cheese (74)
D: Small chili/habanero sauce (215)

Total = 296

ouizoid 02-24-2012 05:07 PM

Lunch: skinny latte 100

dinner: cottage cheese, greek yogurt and strawberries sliced--mio for sweetness: 200 (strawberries are such a great DD food)

dessert 100 cal bag of kettlecorn popcorn

400 and done

gotsomeold 02-24-2012 05:28 PM

This was an UD

B: 100 cal hwc in coffee
L: 120 cal tuna salad
D: DH is in town for the weekend. So we went to his fave Mexican restaurant. I calculate/figure 1450 salty (and tasty) cals there.

Which should have ended my UD.

BUT, Ummmmm, DH loves dark chocolate and ruby port ... and I found a recipe for dark choc ganache flavored with port. It was dense and rich and definitely needs some work, but rather good. Calories not counted. One was enough and then some.

Suffice to say I expect to be up a few pounds more than my normal UD rise tomorrow morning.

WWC 02-24-2012 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WWC (Post 15441924)
DD-day 38

Breakfast--coffee with splenda
Dinner--cabbage, miracle rice, 1/2 cup turkey, 1 wedge LC cheese, and a splash of chicken broth
Lots and lots of hot water with green tea and lemon

I added a SF pudding to dinner at 60 cal and a cup of tea with a splash of LF milk. I had a headache all afternoon today and felt like I needed a little more. Still under 250 cals for the day. :)

vilanteira 02-24-2012 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vilanteira (Post 15441865)
UD today, and after my DD yesterday turned into a MD from that pre-TOM hunger beast rearing its ugly head, I need to stick very close to my UD limit today.

B: coffee, unsweetened almond milk with a scoop of whey protein, 2 soft-boiled eggs
L: shrimp, pork daikon stew, sauteed veggies
D: haven't decided yet but there will be one glass of champagne (as part of a mini-celebration thing tonight)

Will try my best to keep it under 1800.

Dinner was some shrimp and small bit of broiled sea bass along with a low carb herb biscuit and raw milk cheddar. Even with 1.5 glass of champagne I'm still under by about 150 calories. Didn't expect that right before TOM so I'm pleased. I could eat a little bit of a snack if I get hungry in the next 2 hrs before bed, but I probably won't.

Mommie22boys 02-24-2012 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kissa (Post 15442972)
Vicky whoops, but you are having fun. Beware though, the scales are getting nearer, lol.

Andrea, respect, if you stick with that plan! :notwrthy:

Well, I'm nobody's hero today, lol!

The pull of tasty appetizers that were made by someone other than me was too much. I'll spare you the details. I tried to track everything the best I could and just didn't have my shrimp/cabbage stir-fry to make up for all my snacks. But still...a perfectly good DD wasted. I ended up around 1300 or so. I'm waiting to see tomorrow's weigh-in to decide if it will be a DD or what tomorrow.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Low Carb Librarian (Post 15443339)
Wow! That sounds like a great DD! I need to try cabbage... Under 300 for all that.

I take an ounce of baby bella mushrooms and sauté in some Pam, add some water and some powdered chicken bouillon, and add some old bay and the salad shrimp. Then just add your cabbage and cook it down. I stir in 2Tbls of light sour cream once I put it in my bowl...it makes it kinda creamy. Voila!! A whole bowl of yumminess!