Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2012, 12:17 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: annieS
WOE: vegetarian/JUDDD
Start Date: january to march 2011 / 2nd start 16 feb 2012
Why, oh WHY !!!!

This is happening again.
Exactly like the last time I JUDDDed, only faster !

Here are my numbers so far :
(weight in kilos, always after a DD)

2/15 64.0 (back on JUDDD)
2/16 63.2
2/18 63.1 (TOM's here)
2/20 62.9
2/22 62.9 (still )
2/24 63.0

I understand stall when it happens after a month of dieting but come on ! I didn"t even finish my first rotation that I was already stalling....

It's sincerly not motivating... I'm gonna give it 2 more DD but I already kinda lost hope
My DD are always under 500, my UD between 1900 & 2000, I calculate everything, I exercise 2 or 3 times a week and still.... nothing :
And in case you wonder, my clothes don't feel any bigger

Any moral support & advice would be appreciated.....

Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2012, 01:14 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MintQ8
Stats: 264.6 (restart 260.2)/255/140
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: 6 May 2014
Hmmm....

1kg, = 2.24lbs - over 9 days when you've had TOM - not too bad in my opinion!! Your starting weight is approx 143.36 lbs - and now you are at 141.12 - not a bad drop with TOM, as I have already said!!! TOM affects us all differently.

How tall are you??

Not knowing your details - I have put in the following in the calculator:
Female, 5'4" or 162cm, 30 years old - and your cals come out at:
DD: 340, UD: 1700

Playing around with height - which seems to make the most difference - even if I put you at 6' tall (182cm) & 40 years old the numbers come out at: DD 338 and UD 1688

So my only thoughts can be, that at your current weight your UD are perhaps too high??

You should perhaps be looking at 500 and 1700?? Particularly, as I understand the JUDDD calculator page is a little higher than others. This gives you an average of 1100 per day. I'm around 40 - 42 kgs heavier than you and my average is 1250 - so 1100 for that lower weight doesn't seem too wrong.

I hate to tell someone to eat less calories - but that may be what is needed.

Or youjust need to get away from TOM and see what happens after 2 weeks...

Good luck!
Old 02-24-2012, 01:53 AM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Adding to what Vicky said...

It takes between two and four weeks for sirtuin enzymes (AKA: JUDDD magic) to build up in most bodies. Some people do lose weight before the magic really takes over, but some people do not. Giving up in the first week is giving up before the magic can really get started.

Something else.....

We do have people on this board reporting 4 or 5 pound weight loss every week. That is wonderful, but it is not the norm. For most people JUDDD is a fairly slow way of losing weight. 1 to 3 pounds a week is more average.

JUDDD is slow, but very steady. Once enough of the enzymes are in your body (and you keep them there with the DD/UD rotation) unexplained stalls are rare.

Many of us feel 1 or 2 pounds a week will get us where we need to be.
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 02:02 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Thank you Vicky for the calculation and everything...
When I do it I get :

I could try to eat less on UD, but that's not gonna happen today ... I already had a 500 cal breakfast and tonight we're dining out in the best japanese restaurant in town (real jap : no sushi, lot of fried food !)

You're right, i lost 1.1 kilo already, but when I look at the number what I see is 1 kilo the first 4 days and then a week of stalling.....

@ Gotsomeold
you're right, I should wait for the magic to start.... although I feel it started already : I'm not hungry at all on DD, and struggle to eat "that much" on UD !!!

Anyway, let's give it 1 or 2 more weeks......

thanks for the support ladies
annieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 02:44 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You're younger then I had - that gives you more cals - and you have included Light Exercise - a lot of people just keep the exercise as nothing - but I can't see that it is wrong to include it - otherwise there wouldn't be the option!

I think you need another 2 weeks minimum - no TOM and time to let SIRT1 kick in!!
MintQ8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 03:03 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

I'm so not patient.... i must say, my dream is to get to 60-something kilos for my bday, march 28th.... Let's hope the magical gene kicks in real soon
And yes, i'll be good and patient and give it 2 more weeks...
Now, let's enjoy a good UD!!
Old 02-24-2012, 03:46 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Annie, it breaks my heart to tell you that you may have a condition known as 'Greedy TOM'.

In this condition, TOM grabs and holds onto everything it can. This has given rise to many famous sayings like:

"My weight loss was going so well! What happened?"

"I didn't eat anything! I didn't drink anything! How did I gain weight?"

and

"--ing hormones!"

Fortunately, the condition usually goes away the same time TOM leaves (unless you have greedy ovulation too).

Hmmm, there are advantages to being old enough to have forgotten TOM.

Last edited by gotsomeold; 02-24-2012 at 03:48 AM..
Old 02-24-2012, 04:51 AM   #8
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Hi, Annie! It's great to see you back here!

For the majority of us, it is BIG mistake to add that exercise calculation to get our calories! It ends up giving us too many calories for very good weight loss, because in most instances... we really don't exercise hard enough and long enough to lose all those additional calories that we are being given and are eating. And if you actually DO burn up all those exercise calories WHY would you want to eat them back again. If you can get rid of them at this time through exercise, be happy and don't eat them back into your body and your fat cells.

So when you figure your calories without counting in exercise, you get 1709 calories on your Up Days, not the 1900 to 2000 calories that you have been consuming, which I think is too high.

If you are holding your DD calories down quite well, and you hold your UD calories to about this new number of 1709, I believe you will be even more successful than you are right now, which I think is quite good considering that TOM has been in the picture, and it's been less than 2 weeks.

I believe that if you eat well and eat the right number of calories on all days, you will slim down wonderfully well, and at a reasonable speed for good health.

Good luck! And it wonderful to see you back here!
Old 02-24-2012, 06:44 AM   #9

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Stick with it mon amie. C'est la vie, n'est pas?
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 06:57 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

thank you ladies !

@gotsomeold
I must say, my TOM is usually reaaally cool. Never had PMS whatsoever, no water retention and it never lasts more than 4 days... I never even witnessed an increase in my weight before/during/after TOM...

@SoHappy
I see ... I shouldn't count in exercise... It was too good to be true 1700 is fine I guess, at least I won't feel like stuffing myself like I do now ! although I should be carefull when going out or drinking wine, those calories pile up so fast !

While i'm asking question I have another one !

today (friday) is UD
saturday is a DD
sunday has to be an UD (I have a cooking class !)
and monday I have a business lunch....

is it better to have 2 UD in a row (sunday/monday) and go on with a DD on tuesday or should I try to have a high DD/lowish MD on monday (having lunch and nothing else) and keep the rotation going (UD tuesday, DD wednesday...)
???

what do you think ?
Old 02-24-2012, 07:08 AM   #11

If it were me I'd go for an MD on the Monday, unless you end up having a very light lunch (unlikely in France I imagine, as iced tea is not big at business lunches there!). Then a good DD on Tuesday.

I find a good lunch on a medium day quite easy.
Old 02-24-2012, 07:09 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by annieS View Post
thank you ladies !

@gotsomeold
I must say, my TOM is usually reaaally cool. Never had PMS whatsoever, no water retention and it never lasts more than 4 days... I never even witnessed an increase in my weight before/during/after TOM...

@SoHappy
I see ... I shouldn't count in exercise... It was too good to be true 1700 is fine I guess, at least I won't feel like stuffing myself like I do now ! although I should be carefull when going out or drinking wine, those calories pile up so fast !

While i'm asking question I have another one !

today (friday) is UD
saturday is a DD
sunday has to be an UD (I have a cooking class !)
and monday I have a business lunch....

is it better to have 2 UD in a row (sunday/monday) and go on with a DD on tuesday or should I try to have a high DD/lowish MD on monday (having lunch and nothing else) and keep the rotation going (UD tuesday, DD wednesday...)
???

what do you think ?
If it were me, I'd have Monday be my DD as scheduled, even knowing that it was probably going to be a higher calorie Down Day than is normal. And then, I'd just go on with my rotation from there.

I'd do the best I could to hold the DD calorie number to something as reasonable as I could, and I wouldn't worry about it after that. This doesn't happen all the time, and I doubt there will be much of any damage done from it.

I'd say that getting your UDs more in that 1700 calorie range will be more important for your weight loss progress, since you normally do well and stay low-calorie on your DDs.

Last edited by SoHappy; 02-24-2012 at 07:15 AM..
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 07:15 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
If it were me I'd go for an MD on the Monday, unless you end up having a very light lunch (unlikely in France I imagine, as iced tea is not big at business lunches there!). Then a good DD on Tuesday.

If the Monday calories are going to be quite high, yeah.. I agree with you, and I'd call it a MD too. But if she can hold the calories to the DD/lowish MD that she indicated, just calling it a DD and going from there might also work for her.

Regardless of either, I doubt she'll run into much of a problem. I think both you and I are not too rigid with this sort of thing. LOL If it works, it's not broken.
Old 02-24-2012, 07:40 AM   #14

I so agree. Annie is going to beat it this time, I am confident.

I am working on my metabolism the way I have seen you describe it Pat. I keep pushing my Up days up, and keeping my DDs doable. Seems to be working so far, thanks for the tips.
Old 02-24-2012, 07:50 AM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

The lunch might stay quite lite, we're going to a lovely japanese place, if I ask for a bento without rice and avoid fried stuff I should be fine and stay under 500 !

(for those who don't know, I used to live in Japan for 5 years and I work now as a japanese translator/interpreter ... that's why I go so often to japanese restaurants !)
Old 02-24-2012, 08:03 AM   #16

Quote:
I so agree. Annie is going to beat it this time, I am confident.

I am working on my metabolism the way I have seen you describe it Pat. I keep pushing my Up days up, and keeping my DDs doable. Seems to be working so far, thanks for the tips.
Glad it's working for you too, Cindy. I think sometimes folks are so impatient for weight loss, that they overlook the long term benefits of healing that JUDDD will do for a person if they do it well. There seems to be something about that Up/Down spread in our calories that works on us and eventually brings about some healing to us, and even aids our metabolism.

So I always think the first thing is to try it and stick with it for awhile, then lower the cals if IF that becomes necessary for loss, but then in maintenance, see how far you can push the envelope. LOL Some of us find that eventually we can push it up to a quite generous calorie level, while not having to hold our DD calories quite so low, and that's certainly a lot of relaxed fun.
Old 02-24-2012, 08:17 AM   #17
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Won't repeat all the WONDERFUL suggestions and info here but will add this and this link:JUST GIVE IT A CHANCE, 2 WEEKS IS ALL!! and also say that you ARE losing weight and at a great pace, in my opinion. You may not be losing everyday but you are losing weekly it seems. So many factors come into play when we are in weight loss mode and little things; salt, hormones, higher carbs then we are use it, etc. make that scale go up and down. Here is another link that may help, also: The Scale, She "BOUNCES"!!

I think you being too hard on yourself, expecting a little more than may happen. I always try to remember at times like this that it took years for the weight to come on me and it's going to take some time for it to get off. Heck I was happy with my 1 to 2 pound loss every 10 days or so when I started JUDDD.

You ARE losing, don't stress!!

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 09:23 AM   #18
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Last year was when I finally gave up on the idea that Quick Weight Loss means it will stay off. Sometimes you CAN get it off quickly. However, in my experience, it can come back on just as quickly.

I carefully read the many wonderful posts by Pat and Beeb and Cindy and others before starting JUDD. I had no high hopes of losing 5 pounds in a week or any such thing.

The miracle for me is that the weight I take off now pretty much, on average, stays off. It's not coming off with lightening speed. For a while the inches were falling off very fast, though. I think that's because of the super fat burning power of UDs and DDs.

I'm happy to look at my daily weight graph and see the trend going down. When I think of times in the past few years when I lost quickly, it would only take a few months to gain it all back and I would reach another new high.

For the first time in a long time, I feel like I'm going to keep going down. If I can lose as much in 2012 as I lost in 2011, I will be well beneath my goal and now this WOE has taught me an enjoyable and doable plan for keeping it GONE! Hang in there and stay focused. It will happen for you and you will believe.

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 09:42 AM   #19

What she said. ^ ^ ^

Try to get to the mindset that you aren't in a race or a competition.. you're in your life, living it. What you do today and this week and this month matters, and how you do each day is part of what is forming the *you* that you will be in your future.

So eat well and respect your calorie numbers and enjoy your life as you are experiencing every day of it. And you'll become slim sooner or later, and improve your overall health as you continue.
Old 02-24-2012, 11:05 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by annieS View Post
The lunch might stay quite lite, we're going to a lovely japanese place, if I ask for a bento without rice and avoid fried stuff I should be fine and stay under 500 !

(for those who don't know, I used to live in Japan for 5 years and I work now as a japanese translator/interpreter ... that's why I go so often to japanese restaurants !)
It looks to me as if you have good DD there. No need to stretch it to a MD. I love Japanese food but despite many years living in the Far East have not yet visited Japan. What an amazing experience to live there.

I have so enjoyed reading these last few encouraging posts. What a wonderful group of people visit these threads. Love ya!
Old 02-25-2012, 12:21 AM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Hello everyone...

It's always like that. I come to the bbs to complain "bouhouhou, I'm a poor french girl with a ****ed up metabolism" (imagine that with the french accent) and then, the following day, after a quite heavy UD (I'd say around 1800) ... I'm down 1 lbs !
hihihi... I feel so stupid now

Anyway, thank you again for all your thoughfull messages ! As Kissa says it's truly a wonderful group of people that's here !
Old 02-25-2012, 02:52 AM   #22
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Annie, I imagined you crying then weighing and laughing in a French/Japanese accent - much more fun that way!

One of my brothers has lived in Tokyo for twenty-something years. He went there on business and stayed for career and love - his wife is Japanese and their children are delightful. Someone family member makes the trip over every year.

Aethlefirth, JUDDD is not a low-calorie diet. Just as many low carbers eventually find they must consider calories to maintain weight loss, we use calories to ensure we are working within the scientific bounds of the WOE. Take a look What Is JUDDD? Come inside and see.

Last edited by gotsomeold; 02-25-2012 at 02:55 AM..
Old 02-26-2012, 09:57 AM   #23

I love a happy ending...
Old 02-27-2012, 12:00 AM   #24
Senior LCF Member

good morning ladies !

today is my DD/japanese lunch, I tried to check the menu but it's different every day... if it's rice + side i'm fine, if it's a noodle dish I might go way over the 500 !!!

BTW, it's funny, for the 2nd time in a row the scale went down after an UD (didn't move after the two last DD) ... maybe it's the gene kicking in I'm at 62.5 now, wich means -3kg/6lbs in 2 weeks. Quite good, I must admit !!!

I'll report on the DD-lunch later on !

Have a great DD/UD/whateverDay everyone !!!
Old 02-27-2012, 12:47 AM   #25

Very good, I'd say....
Old 02-27-2012, 01:33 AM   #26
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Me too!!
MintQ8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 02:46 AM   #27
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Six pounds in two weeks?!? That is wonderful. I hope you had a happy, satisfying lunch!
Old 02-27-2012, 02:49 AM   #28
Senior LCF Member

sorry ladies, false alarm ! (and mistype !!) ... I lost 1.5kg/3lbs in 2 weeks !!!
still good though

I'm on my way to the restaurant. looks like it's soup, ginger sauce chicken & rice... should be ok ^^

talk to you later !
Old 02-27-2012, 05:35 AM   #29
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ah, three pounds in two weeks is still better than I did when I started! For some of us JUDDD magic takes longer to settle in. You really are doing very, very well.
Old 02-27-2012, 08:00 AM   #30

Well, that is still good. Hope the lunch is satisfying, delicious and low calorie.