Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2012, 08:13 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: monica1210
Stats: 168/148/135-140 5'6" Age 45
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: 1/2/2012 started NK 9/7/13
Please talk me down!

Ok, probably because I have been working crazy 12+ hours and not been coming to this forum for support, I have been dabbling with the thought of switching to Fast 5.

Now, perhaps its because my weight is a little stall-y right now. Or perhaps it's because tracking my calories is just ONE MORE THING TO ADD TO MY LIST OF THINGS TO DO.

With Fast 5, you don't have to track calories (although I guess you technically don't have to count them on the UD, strictly speaking).

This morning my husband looked at me and asked why I would change something that was working (but the stall!). He's got a point. Am I getting ready to self-sabotage?

Yes, I have PMS. Yes, I am probably retaining water. Yes, I am an idiot. Hmmmmmm, I think I just talked myself out of it. HAHA!
monica1210 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2012, 08:43 AM   #2
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Deep breath!! Now, visualize how wonderful our JUDDD plan is, even with the counting, how amazing you feel doing it, how much weight has already been lost.

Now, find a few minutes to make a plan for DDs, like eating the same things, or using the same amount of calories for each meal to simplify. Give over to your JUDDD plan for a few more days and if by, let's say, next Thursday you still feel the need to "change", then do so.

BUT, give it a little more time first. I think you will be more happier with whatever decision you decide to make for a plan if you wait until you are a little more "clear" and balanced.

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 08:55 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mommie22boys
Stats: 211/199/135 5'5.5"
WOE: Paleo/ JUDDD
Start Date: Originally 6/7/07, Now 4/1/13
Whoa, Nelly!! No need to panic here.

I agree (I think?) with your analysis. You've been super busy (and stressed, I'm sure), which makes it difficult to devote time to weight loss. You DO know that JUDDD works, and the best part is that JUDDD forgives. You've stalled, but you aren't gaining, right? That's great considering how busy you've been AND considering you said you're retaining water. Just pick up today with an UD or a DD and jump back in. Look at the what are you eating today threads to get ideas...this might help you track your calories too, if you can see what others are eating on DDs. Many times, posters in that thread will list how many calories are in the things they're eating. Might be helpful.

One other thing, on DD's it's very easy to eat in fast-5 fashion, if that's something you're interested in. I just have coffee/h&h and other liquids until late afternoon. It makes counting calories less stressful, because you're not counting them all day long. Plus, when you leave the majority of your calories for dinner, it's easier to just eat "normally". Having a 500-or-so calorie dinner is pretty easy to manage. In fact, it might even feel like too much to eat after not really eating all day.

Good luck. Now, get off that ledge!!

You know the laws of dieting. All gains are water weight. All losses are of fat! --SoHappy

Last edited by Mommie22boys; 02-23-2012 at 08:56 AM..
Mommie22boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 08:59 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

I love you guys!

Thank you! I will treat myself to a nice and controlled UD and get back on track with a great DD tomorrow.

I just needed hugs and support and lots of deep breathing!!!
Old 02-23-2012, 09:03 AM   #5
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/151/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
A good stress reliever I find is looking over what I've eaten in the past. If you're tracking, you can see what worked well for you, then plan your whole week around that.

I'm pretty boring. I have mostly the same things every DD and find it's really easy and hassle free. UDs I pretty much have the same breakfasts and lunches, and then mix it up with dinner so I never get bored.

Stress can also stall or slow weight loss. If that's what's happening, I don't think changing your WOE is going to help at all.

You can also combine Fast-5 with JUDDD if you want.

Whatever you decide, good luck!

Atkins 10/24/11 @ 277.6
JUDDD 12/12/11 @ 267.8
January 2013 @ 165.0: Maintaining however feels the most comfortable with little bouts of WLM thrown in here and there.
January 2014 @ 145: Maintaining with 5:2 and/or JUDDD
July 2014, weight is creeping up: Back to JUDDD.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:07 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gharkness
WOE: RNY Gastric Bypass 02-02-2007
I'm one of those same-same DD'ers too. I don't like to have to spend a lot of time figuring what I'm going to eat, so I have my go-to DD foods and I make it even easier by waiting until at least 4:30 before starting to eat. Makes life much simpler, and I have learned that I really will NOT starve to death, despite all feelings to the contrary! (I guess, when looking at it this way, I do alternate-day Fast-5's).

So, set your plan for your DD's and go with it. Gets rid of the stress!
gharkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:34 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jbinme
WOE: JUDDD
I don't really have anything to add but
Jbinme is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:57 AM   #8

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
Deep breath!! Now, visualize how wonderful our JUDDD plan is, even with the counting, how amazing you feel doing it, how much weight has already been lost.

Now, find a few minutes to make a plan for DDs, like eating the same things, or using the same amount of calories for each meal to simplify. Give over to your JUDDD plan for a few more days and if by, let's say, next Thursday you still feel the need to "change", then do so.

BUT, give it a little more time first. I think you will be more happier with whatever decision you decide to make for a plan if you wait until you are a little more "clear" and balanced.
I agree. ^ ^ ^ And a good point made here by Beeb is to do a period of ALL Down Days being exactly the same. You can plan them ahead of time, often even measuring out portions and bagging. I've done this when I knew I was going to be facing a busy period, and it really helps.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 10:09 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: theredhead
Stats: 229/147/145
WOE: Atkins/hCG/maintaining EASILY with JUDDD
Start Date: 09/04/03
I also want to point out that although Fast 5 is a great plan, it's still pretty easy to overdo the calories. I'm one of those crazies that can gain weight on Fast 5 if I just eat whatever I want in that five-hour window. It's too easy to justify eating more because I'm narrowing my time limit.

I hope you'll stick with us, whatever you decide.
theredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 11:21 AM   #10

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by theredhead View Post
I also want to point out that although Fast 5 is a great plan, it's still pretty easy to overdo the calories. I'm one of those crazies that can gain weight on Fast 5 if I just eat whatever I want in that five-hour window. It's too easy to justify eating more because I'm narrowing my time limit.

I hope you'll stick with us, whatever you decide.
^^^ This is me, too.

And also remember the health benefits of that nice 36-hour fast. SIRT1 is activated. Cholesterol profiles are improved. Blood pressure goes down. Plus a bunch of other stuff that I can't remember right now.

I hope life eases up on you a bit and you can stick with what's working for you.
Luna Loca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 11:30 AM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Add me to the list of JUDDDers unintentionally livin' the Fast-5 life.

I have my 100 cal of hwc in coffee in the morning then don't eat until I get hungry. Which is happening later and later and later. I was amused to realize when I planned this week's meals, without thinking I only planned dinner on DDs.

Monica, do what is best for you. We want you happy and healthy!

Last edited by gotsomeold; 02-23-2012 at 11:32 AM..
gotsomeold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 11:31 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

you all!

I am back! (Cue the Gloria Gaynor)

I decided to treat today as an UD and move on. I really appreciate the reminders of why I love this plan in the first place.

THANK YOU!!!!!!
Old 02-26-2012, 12:14 PM   #13

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
How is it going Monica? We can't let you go, too glamorous!
Kissa is online now   Reply With Quote