Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2012, 08:40 PM   #181
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: aarosali
Stats: 172.4/172.4/150's 5'9"
WOE: HCG/JUDDD
Start Date: 3/25/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuttie99 View Post
Thanks Rose. Hope you are doing well with your hcg. Hope you are feeling better. for now I will continue Juddding....
Cutie, I'm off hcg and in maintenance with JUDDD. The cold was really awful,and I had no appetite for UDs. But I just kept doing UD DD based on the high end to ensure that I took in enough cals to get better and I maintained. It really helped that my food was mostly soup with add'l veggies and meat on UDs. How is JUDDD coming along for you?
aarosali is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-2012, 07:55 AM   #182
Senior LCF Member

I went to a Functional Medicine Dr who prescribed a special food plan based on blood tests, along with supplements. I plan to continue JUDDD with that new eating plan. Fingers and toes crossed.
Old 09-22-2012, 06:23 PM   #183
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: leonak
Stats: 122/113.5/110-114
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Start 2-1-14
Hi Rosie!!

Can you explain this a bit more please:

It really depends on your weight. I followed the advice of another JUDDD BUDDD and used the calculator to get an idea of the range of calories from the high end to the low end. Then I adjust based on my current weight since the UD calories are really important. So, when I'm in maintenance, I use the calculator on the morning of my UD to ensure that my max cals for that day match my weight on that day. Hope that helps

Sounds like something I may want to try too.

Also I still am interested in the fat you mentioned a few days back too. Sometimes I over do it with all calories and jsut don't want to gain and gain.

I know you are a very busy gal so there is no rush on answering!

Are you still in maintence? I am but it is not easy for me, so I will not say I'm old just that I'm in my late 60's!

Leona

ps ( thanks for the ok to call you Rosie, makes me smile as my sister Rosie and I are so very close too )
Old 09-23-2012, 08:12 PM   #184
Senior LCF Member

Leona, I'm happy to provide additional information. When you asked what JUDDD target numbers work for me in maintenance DD/UD, I was explaining that another JUDDD BUDDD had used the calculator to find out the range of UD/DD calories based on her weight. So the lowest is based on the 20% wt loss mode and the highest is the 60% maintenance mode. This range helped her to see the highest UD and DD cals she could have at her weight without messing up the rotations.

I also use the high fat menu to help me lose after a UD gain when I've eaten out or higher than my max for UD.

I'm in maintenance, but my weight has been creeping down a bit since I've tried the high fat. So I enter my current weight in the calculator on the morning of a DD and UD and check the range of cals as I described above to be sure of my range so that I can be flexible according to what the day brings or how I feel while staying on rotation and within my calorie limits.

I hope that helps.
Old 09-24-2012, 04:55 PM   #185
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: leonak
Stats: 122/113.5/110-114
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Start 2-1-14
Thanks Rosie!

I do not go to the calculator every day like you do, but I did find my numbers and they are not much different when I put in my weights so I will not be doing it every day.

At 110 # I get a high of 1515 and at 114 # a high of 1539, which is only 24 extra calories.

For a DD at 60% I get 909 at 110 # and 923 at 114 #.

My UD numbers only change when I change my weight but not when I go from 20% to 60%. I do not count calories that close that 14 - 24 more or less calories is not a big deal for me. ( but maybe it should be )

At times I just have to find a way to get the UDDD days that got away from me and get the ## off. Right now I am good, but just in case I want a plan to get rid of some #'s that may find me!!

Thanks Rosie, so nice of you to take the time and trouble to answer me! It is appreciated!

Leona
leonak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:23 PM   #186
Senior LCF Member

Leona, thanks for your kind words. I'm happy to share anytime if it's helpful.

My new food plan is pretty bland with lots of supplements. Essentially, its meat and fish with lots of veggies with one portion of beans, one of fruit and one of nuts daily. I have to eat 5-6 times a day and drink tons of water.

After the first day I lost 3lbs of what I'm sure was water weight. I'm on this for 14 days and then they will re-assess. It's hard to get in the cals with this menu. I was lucky to get to 900 cals today. I was at 600 yesterday. I'm trying to keep the rotation, but it's hard. It may be much easier on the weekend when I have more time to eat.

Feell great and I'm not snoring at night which means all of my allergens are out of my diet for now.

Last edited by aarosali; 09-25-2012 at 08:24 PM..
Old 10-18-2012, 07:42 PM   #187
Senior LCF Member

I'm down 12 lbs!! I'll be on this eating plan for another 2 weeks and then the Dr will change up the plan. Ya gotta love it!!
Old 10-21-2012, 12:30 PM   #188
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Rosie, that is wonderful I am delighted for you.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote