Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2012, 06:41 PM   #151
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: aarosali
Stats: 172.4/172.4/150's 5'9"
WOE: HCG/JUDDD
Start Date: 3/25/12
Leona, here are the allowed foods on the hcg diet:

Tea or coffee in any quantity without sugar. Only one tablespoonful of milk allowed in 24 hours. Saccharin or other sweeteners may be used.

100 grams (3.5 oz) of veal, beef, chicken breast, fresh white fish, lobster, crab or shrimp. All visible fat must be carefully removed before cooking, and the meat must be weighed raw. It must be boiled or grilled without additional fat. Salmon, eel, tuna, herring, dried or pickled fish are not allowed. The chicken breast must be removed raw from the bird. 1 can tuna fish (in water) has also been allowed.

Vegetables below (steamed, or eaten raw):
Spinach
White, yellow or red onions
Lettuces of any kind
Cucumbers
Tomatoes
Celery
Cabbage
Broccoli or Cauliflower

Fruits - An apple or an orange or a handful of strawberries or one-half grapefruit.

Here are a couple of meals that work for me on DDs using these foods:

Salad - 3 cups romaine lettuce, 1 can tuna or 3.5 oz chicken breast (water fried or baked), 1/2 apple cut into small pieces, Annie's low fat gluten free Gingerly dressing

Meat and steamed red cabbage - 3.5 oz allowed meat (water fried or baked), fairly large wedge of red cabbage steamed. Season both with salt and pepper (freshly ground). Orange wedges for desert or snack.

Shrimp and broccoli - 3.5oz steamed shrimp, large portion of steamed broccoli both seasoned a bit. Baked apple with cinnamon for desert.

All of these are big meals with really low calories. You feel like you're eating a lot, when in fact the calorie count is below 500. You feel full from all the veggies and satisfy that mental desire to eat for a long time.

Hope that helps.
aarosali is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-2012, 06:43 PM   #152
Senior LCF Member

I ate a grilled chicken salad at a resturant for lunch and had the romaine lettuce salad (previous post) for dinner. By my calculation, I had about 600 cals due to the lunch. Didn't walk today. We had major storms. We'll see what tomorrow brings.
Old 08-10-2012, 07:52 PM   #153
Senior LCF Member

I only lost .2 this AM. It's possible that the salad dressing in the restaurant had higher cals than I estimated. No worries. Today I ate only my prepared foods. Got up to about 1850. Had lots of running around and did a zumba class.
Old 08-10-2012, 08:36 PM   #154
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
I am impressed with you diligence arose! Thank you for letting us observe!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 06:58 AM   #155
Senior LCF Member

Sunday, I'm glad my journey is informative to you. It takes time to figure out what works. Of course some lucky ones figure it out sooner than others. I'm crawling along and learning lots.

Only up .4 after a UD so I seem to be back on my losing train. Today is DD and I'm sticking with salad.
Old 08-12-2012, 12:23 PM   #156
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: leonak
Stats: 122/115.5/110-114
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Start 2-1-14
Quote:
Originally Posted by aarosali View Post
Leona, here are the allowed foods on the hcg diet:

Tea or coffee in any quantity without sugar. Only one tablespoonful of milk allowed in 24 hours. Saccharin or other sweeteners may be used.

100 grams (3.5 oz) of veal, beef, chicken breast, fresh white fish, lobster, crab or shrimp. All visible fat must be carefully removed before cooking, and the meat must be weighed raw. It must be boiled or grilled without additional fat. Salmon, eel, tuna, herring, dried or pickled fish are not allowed. The chicken breast must be removed raw from the bird. 1 can tuna fish (in water) has also been allowed.

Vegetables below (steamed, or eaten raw):
Spinach
White, yellow or red onions
Lettuces of any kind
Cucumbers
Tomatoes
Celery
Cabbage
Broccoli or Cauliflower

Fruits - An apple or an orange or a handful of strawberries or one-half grapefruit.

Here are a couple of meals that work for me on DDs using these foods:

Salad - 3 cups romaine lettuce, 1 can tuna or 3.5 oz chicken breast (water fried or baked), 1/2 apple cut into small pieces, Annie's low fat gluten free Gingerly dressing

Meat and steamed red cabbage - 3.5 oz allowed meat (water fried or baked), fairly large wedge of red cabbage steamed. Season both with salt and pepper (freshly ground). Orange wedges for desert or snack.

Shrimp and broccoli - 3.5oz steamed shrimp, large portion of steamed broccoli both seasoned a bit. Baked apple with cinnamon for desert.

All of these are big meals with really low calories. You feel like you're eating a lot, when in fact the calorie count is below 500. You feel full from all the veggies and satisfy that mental desire to eat for a long time.

Hope that helps.
Rosie - Thanks ever so very much for this! It sure does help to get info like this! Now to stick to my calories!

Leona
leonak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 03:18 PM   #157
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/146.4/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Can you give an example menu showing how you achieved those ratios? I'm such a math-phobic, and I've often wondered how to get that kind of spread. Thanks!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 03:47 AM   #158
Senior LCF Member

Another succcessful DD. Down 1.8. I'll try another high fat day today to see if it works again.

What I like about this experiment is that this may be a way for me to recover faster from breaking the rotation due to unplanned social events. Note that my UDs and DDs have been low carb, but I'll begin adding carbs back in.
Old 08-16-2012, 05:54 AM   #159

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/146.4/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Wow, looks like it worked out well! Thank you for sharing your menu.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 03:50 PM   #160
Senior LCF Member

Down .8 this AM after another high fat day. Not bad. Today was a DD. I'll go back to regular UDs now that I've lost the gain and then some.
Old 08-18-2012, 06:34 AM   #161
Senior LCF Member

Down 1.6 after a DD. Okay I'm loving these losses. Going to do high fat again today. At this rate I could hit my goal. So I'm going to ride this as long as I can.

Yesterday's DD was interesting. I went out for lunch. Had a grilled chicken salad with vinegrette dressing, an apple, and water fried chicken breast with steamed cabbage for dinner. It was a lot of food. And I didn't exercise.

JUDDD magic is definitely in play.
Old 08-18-2012, 06:38 PM   #162
Senior LCF Member

Eeeek! I ran into some chocolate covered almonds and a glass of wine today. I was so sure that it threw off my percentages that I went for a walk/jog for 93 min trying to burn off as many cals as possible. According to the calculators I burned about 600 cals. I entered all of my food including the chocolate into an online tracker and the percentages were 70/19/11. Fingers and toes crossed that I don't have a gain or at least not a major gain.
Old 08-19-2012, 12:11 PM   #163
Senior LCF Member

Up 2 lbs this morning. Not too bad. But no DD today. Another social event. Staying within my UD cals. Monday will be DD and regular rotation. This wads good learning event. I'll stay away from high fat on weekends when I need flexibility. Just stuck to the UD and DD range.
Old 08-19-2012, 01:08 PM   #164

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Been too busy to post. I am thrilled to read how well you are getting on.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 03:27 PM   #165
Senior LCF Member

Today I looked at peanut butter

I have Jif right now, for 4 Tablespoons it would give me:

32 g of fat
16 g of carb
14 g of protein

What brand are you using to give you the 70% of fat?

How is this working for you Rosa? Sounds like a winner as I love peanut butter right our of the jar!
Old 08-20-2012, 05:08 PM   #166
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Gulf Coast Girl
Stats: Goal Feb '10. Lost 163 lbs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonak View Post
Today I looked at peanut butter

I have Jif right now, for 4 Tablespoons it would give me:

32 g of fat
16 g of carb
14 g of protein

What brand are you using to give you the 70% of fat?

Without doing the math that looks close to 70% ish, leonak. It's 70% of total calories - with fat being 9 per and carbs/prot only being 4.
Gulf Coast Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 05:17 PM   #167
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulf Coast Girl View Post
Without doing the math that looks close to 70% ish, leonak. It's 70% of total calories - with fat being 9 per and carbs/prot only being 4.
Thanks for the info, guess I'm just too old to completely understand this all! So the 70% is ok for the calories of fat, but the carb and protein are not too good. Oh My, my head is

I do very much appreciate your taking the time to help!

Leona - the senior citizen!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-20-2012, 06:42 PM   #168
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Gulf Coast Girl
Stats: Goal Feb '10. Lost 163 lbs.
Quote:
Thanks for the info, guess I'm just too old to completely understand this all! So the 70% is ok for the calories of fat, but the carb and protein are not too good. Oh My, my head is

I do very much appreciate your taking the time to help!

Leona - the senior citizen!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't say that. I think it's confusing to everybody at some point. I think the biggest thing is people forget that fat is multiplied by 9 which is a lot more than the 4 for carb/prot. So we'll see something like 8 grams fat and 7 grams protein and think 'oh they're pretty equal' when fat is a good chunk more of total cals.

Here's the math for your peanut butter

32 g of fat 32 x 9 = 288
16 g of carb 16 x 4 = 64
14 g of protein 14 x 4 = 56

So total cals (288+64+56) = 408

fat: 70% of 408 is 285.6 cals and your pb is 288
carb: 15% of 408 is 61.2 cals and your pb is 64
prot: 15% of 408 is 61.2 cals and your pb is 56

So you'd only be off a few on the carb/prot. Since the %'s are meant to be the measure of your total days food not just the one specific food I would think the PB would be close enough to be ok.
Old 08-20-2012, 06:50 PM   #169
Senior LCF Member

Leona, I use Jif too. If you use a free food calculator like ******, all you need to do is select a food and then look at the percentage of fat to protein to carbs. I eat my Jif from the jar too. It feels like cheating and I'm losing. OMG, it doesn't get better than that.

I'm happy to help you come up with a simple high fat menu if you'd like. I need to know you UD max cals. This way you can try it to see if it works for you. It's not necessarily a long term way of eating. But it's useful when you're craving fat and when you need to lose after an indulgence.

Jennifer - thanks so much for helping!
Old 08-26-2012, 05:49 PM   #170
Senior LCF Member

I had an amazing JUDDD weekend. On Friday I had a DD with no exercise, some carbs, and I ate late. I gained. On Sat I had an UD with 60 min of exercise, lots of wine, desert, sweet potatoes and lost 1.4 lbs. Amazing!

Today I had way too much to eat and no exercise, but I had a great time. Tomorrow is a strict DD with exercise.
Old 08-27-2012, 05:12 AM   #171
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cuttie99
Stats: 5'2 171
WOE: post hcg, lost 60lbs
Start Date: Juddd 4/30, restarted 11/30
Hi Rosa,

Thanks soo much for posting your hcg journey. I did 3 rounds. the first I lost about 30 lbs the second 10 and the 3rd 8- 10. I lost a total of 60 but can't recall the exact amount actually!! The point is my last round was very slowww... Sometimes I think doing that sacrafice for 8-10 lbs was not worth it.

I am soo happy for you for losing 14 lbs!!! That's awesome. May I ask how many rounds you have done? I also heard that if you are close to your goal weight you don't lose that much. maybe that was the case for my poor wt loss. Are you close to your goal weight?

You wrote that you are doing no starch no sugar for 3 weeks in P3 while following juddd. do we have to do that to not gain after hcg for at least 3 weeks or do you know of people that just resumed a normal diet right after p2. If you have reintroduced carbs and sugars into your body, how has your body responded?

Congrats again! and thanks for sharing!!!

What ever you are craving now will be there for you to eat when you are done losing weight!!
cuttie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 04:43 PM   #172
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuttie99 View Post
Hi Rosa,

Thanks soo much for posting your hcg journey. I did 3 rounds. the first I lost about 30 lbs the second 10 and the 3rd 8- 10. I lost a total of 60 but can't recall the exact amount actually!! The point is my last round was very slowww... Sometimes I think doing that sacrafice for 8-10 lbs was not worth it.

I am soo happy for you for losing 14 lbs!!! That's awesome. May I ask how many rounds you have done? I also heard that if you are close to your goal weight you don't lose that much. maybe that was the case for my poor wt loss. Are you close to your goal weight?

You wrote that you are doing no starch no sugar for 3 weeks in P3 while following juddd. do we have to do that to not gain after hcg for at least 3 weeks or do you know of people that just resumed a normal diet right after p2. If you have reintroduced carbs and sugars into your body, how has your body responded?

Congrats again! and thanks for sharing!!!
Cutie, thanks so much for your support! I did about 7 rounds of hcg. And, at my lowest had lost almost 50lbs to get into the 150's. But, maintenance evaded me and I kept gaining and re-losing the same weight over and over. Very frustrating. It's quite a sacrifice, I agree. And to re-gain over and over...well you get the picture.

Yes, I have seen that when you're close to goal weight, the last lbs come off very slowly. I'm finally close to goal with the help of JUDDD. I still follow the 3 weeks of P3 although I know of others who've gone straight into JUDDD with carbs with no problem. I have major issues with carbs so I have to take it slowly. I've reintroduced carbs but stay mostly low starch and low sugar. So I have veggies and beans mostly and can handle them pretty well. Still use stevia for my sugar. And I found that I can do high fat to overcome a gain when I do have carbs and/or sugar.

Hope that helps!
Old 09-04-2012, 04:49 PM   #173
Senior LCF Member

I've been battling a major cold since last Tuesday. I swear that the kids planned to spread a cold bug around so that they could have sick days at home and not go to school. It started with a major sore throat and it's now a head cold. I'm stuffed up all the time and have to take meds to sleep at night. My ears are popping and this morning I woke up with a migraine that won't go away. Oh, how I wish Excedrine was still around. I'm taking the 'like Excedrine' brand from my local grocery store but it isn't working. Sigh! Yep, major pity party going on here.

I'm eating homemade chicken soup (no noodles) and drinking homemade lemonade with stevia.
Old 09-04-2012, 05:34 PM   #174
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarosali View Post
Leona, I use Jif too. If you use a free food calculator like ******, all you need to do is select a food and then look at the percentage of fat to protein to carbs. I eat my Jif from the jar too. It feels like cheating and I'm losing. OMG, it doesn't get better than that.

I'm happy to help you come up with a simple high fat menu if you'd like. I need to know you UD max cals. This way you can try it to see if it works for you. It's not necessarily a long term way of eating. But it's useful when you're craving fat and when you need to lose after an indulgence.

Jennifer - thanks so much for helping!
Rosie and Jennifer - Thanks for showing me a bit about this fat to protein stuff And just for Jennifer "I'm not too old to learn" How sweet that was to hear I know one should never say those words too

Hope it is ok to call you Rosie as that is my sister's name! Yes, your help would be great if you have the time and are up to it as I know a cold can be the pits! My UD calories are to be 1540, but I find that hard to do, my DD are 616 at 40 %. So eating high fat did it for you after you had a UUUD Day?

Thanks once again! You both have been great to help me

Leona

Hope the cold gets better Rosie!
Old 09-05-2012, 08:23 AM   #175

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Feel better soon Rose.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:47 PM   #176
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: TryingJudd
Stats: Started Judd on 3.26.12
WOE: Judd
Start Date: 3.26.12
I am not in maintenance yet (far from it) but am curious what JUDDD target numbers work for you in maintenance DD/UD. I am worried I will have to do a very low UD forever and wondered how you successful JUDDDers are faring in that department?
TryingJudd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 04:15 AM   #177
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cuttie99
Stats: 5'2 171
WOE: post hcg, lost 60lbs
Start Date: Juddd 4/30, restarted 11/30
Thanks Rose. Hope you are doing well with your hcg. Hope you are feeling better. for now I will continue Juddding....
cuttie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 07:31 PM   #178
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Rosie and Jennifer - Thanks for showing me a bit about this fat to protein stuff And just for Jennifer "I'm not too old to learn" How sweet that was to hear I know one should never say those words too

Hope it is ok to call you Rosie as that is my sister's name! Yes, your help would be great if you have the time and are up to it as I know a cold can be the pits! My UD calories are to be 1540, but I find that hard to do, my DD are 616 at 40 %. So eating high fat did it for you after you had a UUUD Day?

Thanks once again! You both have been great to help me

Leona

Hope the cold gets better Rosie!
Thanks Leona! I'm much better now. That cold really threw me for a loop. I ended up staying home from work for three days plus a weekend. Yes, please feel free to call me Rosie! The high fat really works for me. But, I don't think I can eat high fat as a way of eating. Just as a way to lose a few extra lbs after a particularly high bounce after a UD.
Old 09-21-2012, 07:32 PM   #179
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Feel better soon Rose.
Thanks Cindy! I feel much better now. It took some time to completely leave my system.
Old 09-21-2012, 07:36 PM   #180
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryingJudd View Post
I am not in maintenance yet (far from it) but am curious what JUDDD target numbers work for you in maintenance DD/UD. I am worried I will have to do a very low UD forever and wondered how you successful JUDDDers are faring in that department?
It really depends on your weight. I followed the advice of another JUDDD BUDDD and used the calculator to get an idea of the range of calories from the high end to the low end. Then I adjust based on my current weight since the UD calories are really important. So, when I'm in maintenance, I use the calculator on the morning of my UD to ensure that my max cals for that day match my weight on that day. Hope that helps.