Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2012, 07:06 AM   #91
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Wonderful isn't it, sharing life with our families again?
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2012, 07:23 AM   #92
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cuttie99
Stats: 5'2 171
WOE: post hcg, lost 60lbs
Start Date: Juddd 4/30, restarted 11/30
Rosali, just wondering if the losses have kicked in yet? Hope all is going well!!
cuttie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 05:18 AM   #93
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: aarosali
Stats: 172.4/172.4/150's 5'9"
WOE: HCG/JUDDD
Start Date: 3/25/12
I tested my carb sensitivity in a major way these past 9 days. I went on vacation and ate carbs every day. Not much sugar, but lots of bread, pasta, wine, and ice cream. Did a lot of walking too. And I only gained 2 lbs! I can barely believe it.

Before JUDDD I would have gained much more. I can eat normally again!

Today is a DD. I'm going to do LC JUDDD to see if I can lose 10 lbs this month.
aarosali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 05:25 AM   #94
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuttie99 View Post
Rosali, just wondering if the losses have kicked in yet? Hope all is going well!!
I didn't have any losses before I went on vacation, but I'm thrilled to be only 2 lbs up after vacation. I ate whatever I wanted and was convinced that I would see a huge gain. It was awesome to see the scale this AM. I'm hoping that LC JUDDD will work for me.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:15 AM   #95
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Magic! Sounds like you've got some. WTG!
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 10:09 AM   #96
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Awesome report, Rose! And I think it's cool that you noticed a matched metabolism with your DH. And great that you enjoyed your vacation so thoroughly and saw such little gain. JUDDD magic in effect! You're doing a great job, my JUDDD bud!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:26 AM   #97

WTG Even though you weren't losing it looks as if there some JUDDD magic going on there.
Old 05-05-2012, 06:25 AM   #98
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykidsteacher View Post
Magic! Sounds like you've got some. WTG!
Tina, something's definitely happening. My body dictated what I'd eat. Some days more and others less. No cravings of any kind. I drank mostly water and wine the whole time. Funnily enough, I ate practically no sugar except for the gelato that we had just about every day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
Awesome report, Rose! And I think it's cool that you noticed a matched metabolism with your DH. And great that you enjoyed your vacation so thoroughly and saw such little gain. JUDDD magic in effect! You're doing a great job, my JUDDD bud!
Sophie, my hubby didn't gain any weight during our vacation and he ate way more than I did, so my 2lb gain is definitely within the same metabolism range with his. While on vacation we walked a lot each day, so I'm continuing that now that we're back to keep the metabolism high.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
WTG Even though you weren't losing it looks as if there some JUDDD magic going on there.
Cindy, yep, I'm thrilled to see JUDDD in action. It's hard to explain, but I finally feel normal again. Food doesn't have the hold it used to over me. I can make good choices and am rewarded for it.

Thanks so much for your support JUDDD BUDDDs!!!
Old 05-05-2012, 06:34 AM   #99
Senior LCF Member

I lost 2.8 after my DD on Thursday, and I'm only up .2 after my UD yesterday. OMG!!! My bounce was only .2!!! Now, this could very well be because I did a LC UD after eating carbs like crazy on vacation. Anyhow, I'll take it.

Yesterday's menu:
b - coffee with unsweetened almond milk, banana, yogurt, protein powder
s - pine nuts
l - tuna salad with ezekiel english muffin
d - wine (smile) and almond meal cake (made from scratch)

Today is another DD. I'm also going to exercise today. I usually do back to back UDs on Sat and Sun, but since I'm on a 'roll' so to speak, I'm sticking with the alternation through next week to see what I can achieve.
Old 05-05-2012, 06:46 AM   #100
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: KJ-43
Stats: HW 279 198/168/170
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: 10/30/06 ,restart 1/2/14,7/2/14
Hello Juddder,

I am curently in maintance and have seen the scale as low as 167 and as high as 176(those uu and away days) when I have those it take over a week to get back down. My question today is about exercise and my calories so Thursday was a dd and I ran a mile,took an aqua Zumba class and a regular Zumba class that day. My total calories were 862 and calories burned were 1104 and yesterday after spending several hours doing yardwork...btw a wear a heartrate monitor..i burned way over 1000 calories and my calorie intake was 1998. This does not happen all the time but on dd when a do Zumba I burn alot and now I am taking kickboxing and its a high calorie burn. My question is does this mess with my Juddd magic or does my body still know the difference in what I ate. I don't want to mess with the magic.

kj
Old 05-05-2012, 06:54 AM   #101
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ-43 View Post
Hello Juddder,

I am curently in maintance and have seen the scale as low as 167 and as high as 176(those uu and away days) when I have those it take over a week to get back down. My question today is about exercise and my calories so Thursday was a dd and I ran a mile,took an aqua Zumba class and a regular Zumba class that day. My total calories were 862 and calories burned were 1104 and yesterday after spending several hours doing yardwork...btw a wear a heartrate monitor..i burned way over 1000 calories and my calorie intake was 1998. This does not happen all the time but on dd when a do Zumba I burn alot and now I am taking kickboxing and its a high calorie burn. My question is does this mess with my Juddd magic or does my body still know the difference in what I ate. I don't want to mess with the magic.

kj
KJ, great question. I hope a more experienced JUDDD BUDDD can answer you. My experience with exercise is limited. While on vacation I exercised more than I usually do by walking quite a bit. I am assuming that the exercise helped me to burn the add'l cals and contributed to my low gain. Back home, when counting cals, I'm following the calorie calculations for a sedentary lifestyle even when I exercise. There's a thread about exercising - What was your exercise for today, that may be helpful to you.
Old 05-06-2012, 06:16 PM   #102
Senior LCF Member

Down another 2.8 this morning after a DD with exercise. I had an UD today and didn't do as well staying within cals. We had company over and I ate a bit more than I should. Also looking at my percentages, I had too many fats and carbs together. So I expect a major bounce in the AM, but I'm looking for a clean week now that I'm back to work.

What I like the most is that I know that I can recover nicely from today's cals. In fact, getting to my full cal allowance on my UDs will be a challenge this week, but I'm going to plan as well as I can in order to get there.
Old 05-07-2012, 11:20 AM   #103

Nice work Aarosali, this is just how I feel too.
Old 05-07-2012, 11:59 AM   #104
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: HW164/maintaining 135-139
Aarosali,

You are sounding so confident and relaxed now.

It is comforting to know that if we do go over our allotted UD calories, that the next 1-2 DDs simply takes care of business.
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 07:57 PM   #105
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Nice work Aarosali, this is just how I feel too.
Thanks Kissa!
Old 05-10-2012, 07:59 PM   #106
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sazzie View Post
Aarosali,

You are sounding so confident and relaxed now.

It is comforting to know that if we do go over our allotted UD calories, that the next 1-2 DDs simply takes care of business.
Gracie, you're right, I'm getting used to the routine and the bounce up and down. Not as worried as I used to be. I bounce high after my Sunday indulgence, but was back down after two DDs. Love it!
Old 05-10-2012, 08:06 PM   #107
Senior LCF Member

I've had 'clean' DDs and UDs this week so far. Today's UD was a challenge. I was craving a green smoothie, so the one I had for breakfast was 500 cals with kale, spinach, grapes, parsley, chia seeds, flax seed oil, and stevia. I wasn't even hungry at lunch and didn't want coffee at work. I had a cheddar burger with no bread and shoe lace fries for lunch. Then I snacked on jelly beans, and chocolate. I worked out for dinner and had to have dinner to make up my cals. So I had chicken, potatoes and chick peas with a small drink.

I absolutely love the fact that I can eat what I want and know that tomorrow's DD will handle it.
Old 05-13-2012, 08:25 AM   #108
Senior LCF Member

We celebrated Mothers Day yesterday for my mom. I'm sure I went way over my UD cals, yet my bounce wasn't as high as it has usually been, and I'm not up to the highest bounce weight that I've ever had. I would like to think that I've now experienced a real weekly loss of about 2 lbs which would be terrific.

I woke up this morning expecting a huge gain and that didn't happen. Today is a DD but also a travel day so I'll retain some water weight. Next week will be a bit of a challenge as I'll be out of town with no scale to weigh daily. My plan is to guess as much as I can and exercise each day to counter any miscalcuations on my part.

Still, I have the confidence that any gains will be corrected with a few DDs. Ya gotta love it.
Old 05-15-2012, 07:59 PM   #109
Senior LCF Member

I'm on travel this week. I'm not able to stick with the DDs and UDs as well as I can at home. I'm doing the best I can with the cals as I don't have a scale to see what's happening. I'm making sure to exercise every day and I'm making the best choices I can.
Old 05-20-2012, 06:58 PM   #110
Senior LCF Member

I'm back. Travel has made it hard for me, but I'm back on JUDDD this week. I'm actually looking forward to a few DDs. I've also been excercising while on travel and I think that helped a bit too.

So far I've bounced back to the weight I started at and haven't gone any higher. Ya know, I can live with that. No other maintenance plan has worked like that for me. Hope to see a good bounce down this week.

I'm honestly thinking to use hcg to get back down a bit and use JUDDD for my maintenance. It may be the best way for me. Still toying with the idea, but I have about 1 month of no travel coming up that would be an ideal time to do this. I know I can maintain my losses with JUDDD now and that combined with the knowledge that I can lose with hcg seems to be good combination for me.

But first, on to a good JUDDD week.
Old 05-22-2012, 08:45 PM   #111
Senior LCF Member

Okay, I've decided to do a round of HCG. I'm going to eat lots of fat daily instead of doing a huge load. I'm also going to continue to exercise during this round. I'll start on Sunday so that I start the 500 cals on Tuesday. My plan is to go straight into JUDDD with 3 weeks of no starch no sugar then move to including starch and sugar while continuing JUDDD.

I'll do my best to fully document progress.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:29 PM   #112
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Sounds interesting. Will be watching to see how it goes. A friend of mine has lost 35 pounds on hCG this spring. She is looking great. I planted the JUDDD bug as an option for maintenance.
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 06:31 PM   #113
Senior LCF Member

Tina - I hope that your friend finds JUDDD to be as good for maintenance as we do. I think it's a perfect complement to hcg. In fact, a friend of mine is currently on hcg and I've given her information on JUDDD.

Today was my first hcg dose. Just eating normally today and tomorrow. Not loading since I've done hcg before and I'm not in 'diet' mode. I'll start the 500 cals on Tuesday.

I think hcg has a lot to do with one's mind set. Yes, there is definite deprivation during the losing phase. But, I don't get hungry. Just wish I had more variety. That is manageable when I see the results of pounds and inches lost. The hard part is the re-entry phase, called P3, where you start eating again and try to stay within 2 lbs of the lowest weight achieved. That has been my nemisis. I couldn't figure out the correct number of calories or foods to eat. Gaining more than 2 lbs over the lowest weight meant that I had to be in 'correction' mode. The hcg gurus would tell me that I wasn't eating enough, then that I was eating too much, then that I was eating the wrong combination of foods. It was beyond frustrating. With JUDDD I have much more confidence that I can maintain within that 2lb range and then transition to adding carbs and sugar (called P4) without fear of major out of control gains.

I like structure. HCG brings structure. I know what I'm allowed to eat and the number of calories I'm allowed to have while in the losing phase (P2). JUDDD provides structure for maintenance. I know how many calories to eat and I can learn what foods make me gain and which don't while knowing that I can lose any gains very easily.

Oops, I didn't mean to write such a long post.
Old 05-27-2012, 07:42 PM   #114

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aarosali View Post
Okay, I've decided to do a round of HCG. I'm going to eat lots of fat daily instead of doing a huge load. I'm also going to continue to exercise during this round. I'll start on Sunday so that I start the 500 cals on Tuesday. My plan is to go straight into JUDDD with 3 weeks of no starch no sugar then move to including starch and sugar while continuing JUDDD.

I'll do my best to fully document progress.
I will be watching with great interest and rooting you on to success!

I do have one question.... so when you finish P2 and then do three weeks of P3 (no starch no sugar) I assume that will have you into pretty strong ketosis, as without any starches or sugars, there will be almost no carbohydrate foods. So you should be pretty emptied of any *water weight* by the end of this period. Right?

And then when you move back into eating starches and sugars again, won't you be regaining those pounds of lost water weight? So, won't that be quite a bit above merely two pounds? Which is where you have to do the corrections?

Now, I really don't know much about hcg, so I'm probably really confused about how this will all play out for you! But I'm sure going to be hoping this works just as slick as can be for you!
Old 05-27-2012, 08:08 PM   #115
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
I do have one question.... so when you finish P2 and then do three weeks of P3 (no starch no sugar) I assume that will have you into pretty strong ketosis, as without any starches or sugars, there will be almost no carbohydrate foods. So you should be pretty emptied of any *water weight* by the end of this period. Right?

And then when you move back into eating starches and sugars again, won't you be regaining those pounds of lost water weight? So, won't that be quite a bit above merely two pounds? Which is where you have to do the corrections?
Pat, you are so sweet. Thanks for the awesome support! The P3 phase of hcg is no starch no sugar, however you can have fruit and wine in moderation. I haven't felt like I was in ketosis in P3.

You are spot on with your analysis of the water weight. I think what you described happens between P2 and P3. I think I was emptied of water weight after P2 which caused me to feel like I was gaining quickly in P3. I'd be over 2lbs by the 3rd day of P3 very easily. That would put me immediately into a correction day cycle that never stopped. I'm hoping that JUDDD in P3 will counter that effect and help me to stabilize better during P3 and later in P4.
Old 05-27-2012, 08:14 PM   #116

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarosali View Post
Pat, you are so sweet. Thanks for the awesome support! The P3 phase of hcg is no starch no sugar, however you can have fruit and wine in moderation. I haven't felt like I was in ketosis in P3.

You are spot on with your analysis of the water weight. I think what you described happens between P2 and P3. I think I was emptied of water weight after P2 which caused me to feel like I was gaining quickly in P3. I'd be over 2lbs by the 3rd day of P3 very easily. That would put me immediately into a correction day cycle that never stopped. I'm hoping that JUDDD in P3 will counter that effect and help me to stabilize better during P3 and later in P4.
When this plan was developed so many hears ago, perhaps Simeons and the others of that time didn't know about ketosis and water weight loss, nor the water weight regain from adding back in the higher carbs. Just thinking that maybe trying to hold this gain to only two pounds is just not logical. Maybe the allowance for water regain from carbing up should be somewhat higher than that. LOLOL (I'd need to allow for several times that two pounds myself.. 'cause my carb-ups would be pretty good ones! :-)
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 06:14 PM   #117
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
When this plan was developed so many hears ago, perhaps Simeons and the others of that time didn't know about ketosis and water weight loss, nor the water weight regain from adding back in the higher carbs. Just thinking that maybe trying to hold this gain to only two pounds is just not logical. Maybe the allowance for water regain from carbing up should be somewhat higher than that. LOLOL (I'd need to allow for several times that two pounds myself.. 'cause my carb-ups would be pretty good ones! :-)
Pat, it's very likely that they didn't take ketosis and water weight into consideration. We'll never know. Many people have maintained within 2lbs after P2, so I can't say definitively that the allowance of 2lbs is correct or not. I can tell you that I have not been successful at maintaining at that level. JUDDD has given me hope.

Today was the second dose and it became harder to eat. I haven't been hungry but I know that what I have eaten in the past few days will be the fuel that I need to keep going while the hcg builds up in my system. I typically lose all hunger right away. I ate the things I would miss the most, but didn't eat as much as I normally do.

On to the losing phase starting tomorrow.
Old 05-28-2012, 06:22 PM   #118

Good luck, aarosali. Keep us in the loop, and we'll be cheering for you!
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 04:01 PM   #119
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Pat!!

I've completed 3 days of the 500 cals and have lost 7.8 lbs so far. I didn't do JUDDD last week so that I could eat more fat instead of loading. Interestingly enough I gained about 5 lbs in just that one week.

That at least makes me realize that when I go off of JUDDD I stand to gain, so I will need to be very careful to limit the occasions when I'm off of JUDDD.

Week 1 losses in hcg are very encouraging, however they will taper off in the following weeks. My goal is to lose at least 20lbs after any gains from eating to prepare, so I consider myself to be 2.8lbs down.

I'm hoping to add some moderate exercise starting this weekend.
Old 06-02-2012, 07:48 AM   #120
Senior LCF Member

hcg update - Down another 1.2lbs this morning. I'm going to exercise today. Just a zumba class that I love in my area. Stats:

Days completed - 4
Total lbs lost - 9