Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2012, 05:12 AM   #61
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: HW164/137.8/135-139
You're coming along quite nicely!!!
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2012, 07:56 PM   #62
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Sounds like it's going well!
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:21 PM   #63
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: aarosali
Stats: 172.4/172.4/150's 5'9"
WOE: HCG/JUDDD
Start Date: 3/25/12
Gracie and Tina - thanks for the encouragement!

I've been doing maintenance JUDDD as I was not able to plan my meals the way I'd like. I exercised every evening and ate as close to DD and UD as I could. So far only 1lb over my weight after HCG.

Today was my first DD for loss. I plan to follow the cals for 20% loss if I can. Here is today's menu:

2 eggs cooked in 1 tsp coconut oil
1 can sardines in olive oil
1 small piece of garlic bread
coffee with cream
unsweetened iced oolong tea
stevia sweetened hot tea (healthy fasting tea)

I've been a bit hungry this evening. During the day, I was fine as I was busy at work.
aarosali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 07:29 PM   #64
Senior LCF Member

Today was an UD. Menu:
b - 2 eggs cooked in coconut oil
b - 1 can sardines in olive oil
b - 1 slice Ezekiel bread
b - small slice avocado
l - left over pasta and meat sauce
l - big salad with honey mustard dressing
d -handful reeses peanut butter cups, rum and ginger ale, few chips and salsa

I barely made it to 1900. Tomorrow is another DD.
Old 04-04-2012, 06:40 PM   #65
Senior LCF Member

After UD yesterday I'm only up .4lbs. OMG!!! Had another DD today. No hunger to speak of. Drank my teas and that worked for me. Menu today:

2 eggs in coconut oil
1 can sardines
1 slice Ezekiel bread
coffee with cream
tea and water all day
4 shrimp and small handful of chips and salsa

I'm lovin' JUDDD. It's so easy. I can feel the weight coming off. My clothes are already getting loose thanks to inches coming off. I'm not feeling deprived at all as I know I can eat what I want every other day. And, I'm not in the least bit stressed about food. The weekend is coming up and I have an event to go to. No worries at all.I know I'll be back on DD on Monday. This WOE is a beautiful thing.
Old 04-04-2012, 06:51 PM   #66
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by aarosali View Post
After UD yesterday I'm only up .4lbs. OMG!!! Had another DD today. No hunger to speak of. Drank my teas and that worked for me. Menu today:

2 eggs in coconut oil
1 can sardines
1 slice Ezekiel bread
coffee with cream
tea and water all day
4 shrimp and small handful of chips and salsa

I'm lovin' JUDDD. It's so easy. I can feel the weight coming off. My clothes are already getting loose thanks to inches coming off. I'm not feeling deprived at all as I know I can eat what I want every other day. And, I'm not in the least bit stressed about food. The weekend is coming up and I have an event to go to. No worries at all.I know I'll be back on DD on Monday. This WOE is a beautiful thing.
Whooooheeee, Rose! You got it down! WTG!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 06:55 PM   #67
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Sophie!!!
Old 04-06-2012, 06:35 PM   #68
Senior LCF Member

Down 1.4lb after my DD and up 2lb after my UD. I'm interested to see how much I gain after an UD as I used to gain lots if I ate any carbs in P3. Today was a DD/MD. We'lll see what the scale says. I'm doing UDs on the weekend.
Old 04-06-2012, 07:28 PM   #69
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarosali View Post
Down 1.4lb after my DD and up 2lb after my UD. I'm interested to see how much I gain after an UD as I used to gain lots if I ate any carbs in P3. Today was a DD/MD. We'lll see what the scale says. I'm doing UDs on the weekend.
Looks like the scale is bouncing just the way it's supposed to!

I'm very interested to see how the weekends work out for you!

Keep us posted, OK?
Old 04-08-2012, 06:34 PM   #70
Senior LCF Member

So this is my first JUDDD weekend where I was doing JUDDD for losses. It was kind of scary to see the scale go up two days in a row over the weekend. The usual panic that I'd gain and not be able to recover hit me hard. I continued to eat normally, but I took a 5 mile walk today just to clear my head.

The best thing about it is the my hubby has been so happy to be able to eat with me. We went out on Sat to a b'day lunch and had a great time.Today we had lobster and steak for our Easter Dinner. He's so thrilled to have me eating with him and not stressed about gains.

Tomorrow is a DD and I have no desire to eat at all because I really want the weekend gain to go away. I plan to have a green shake for breakfast and a small salad for lunch. That's it.

I understand that JUDDD has a bounce factor and that we can recover from it after the DDs. Just haven't had the experience myself. When I did JUDDD for maintenance, I didn't have much of a gain on the weekend at all. Only .4 or .6 lbs which were gone quickly after the Monday DD.

No worries, I'm not panicking, but I'm concerned.

Gracie - thanks for visiting. I'm looking for a major bounce back after Mon and Wed DD.
Old 04-09-2012, 06:41 PM   #71
Senior LCF Member

I was up again today. But not panicked. I ate a small salad for lunch and had a can of tuna and 1 slice of Ezekiel bread for dinner. When I got home from work after I'd eaten dinner, I was down 2 lbs. So the bounce is happening. I have faith.
Old 04-10-2012, 06:58 PM   #72
Senior LCF Member

Down 4lbs this morning! The bounce is real! I'm not back where I was before the weekend, but if I did well with my UD today and I'm stellar tomorrow for my DD, I can get back to where I started.

I noticed today that I barely got hungry. I had to think about eating up to 1900 cals. Menu:
b - coffee, cream, venison, egg, slice Ezekiel bread
l - grilled chicken sandwich, mustard, cheddar and monteray jack cheese, mayo, bbq chips
s - pine nuts
d - lentil soup and tortilla chips

I didn't want junk food. I would have been just fine not eating at all, but I'm very concerned about maintaining the gap between DD and UD cals. I treated myself to a mini shopping spree. Found lots of nice spring dresses that fit beautifully!

Last edited by aarosali; 04-10-2012 at 07:08 PM..
Old 04-10-2012, 07:37 PM   #73
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
WTG on the big whoosh, Rose! And glad you had fun dress-shopping. What a great way to treat yourself to a spring of being slimmer and feeling better!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:34 PM   #74
Major LCF Poster!

WHOOSH! Yay! And hooray for shopping. It is such a treat to shop for smaller clothes. Enjoy them!
Old 04-11-2012, 06:56 PM   #75
Senior LCF Member

Tina and Sophie - It was so awesome to go shopping. At first I selected clothes in the size I thought I was and was thrilled to find that I fit into one size down . OMG!!

Today I was up 1lb after my UD and I had another stellar DD. Menu:
b - coffee and cream, 1 slice Ezekiel bread, 1 tbs peanut butter
l - large romaine lettuce salad with red cabbage and 2 tbs low fat dressing
d - Yogi healthy fasting tea

I forgot to mention yesterday that I had a unique experience in the grocery store at lunch. I went to get a salad, and had the opportunity to have nuts and when I counted the calories I decided not to have them. This is huge for me. Before JUDDD I would have bought and eaten the entire package of nuts.

Knowing that I can have whatever I want as long as I hit the number of calories without crazy weight gains is really working for me.
Old 04-12-2012, 04:39 PM   #76
Major LCF Poster!

Yay for being able to go a size down!!! That is fantastic.
Old 04-12-2012, 07:11 PM   #77
Senior LCF Member

Down 2.4lbs this AM after a good DD. Today was insane at work and I succumbed to a bit of candy, but not much. Then didn't want dinner. Hope I made up the cals. Menu:

b - coffee, cream, green smothie (spinach, parsley, apple, grapes, flax seed oil, chia seeds, protein powder), 2 slices Ezekiel with peanut butter
l - half a turkey sandwich, 1 oz bag potato chips, few reeses peanut butter cups
d - few bites of homemade nachos (beef, cheese, nacho chips, salsa), glass of wine

I won't be able to post much over the weekend. Will catch up on Monday.
Old 04-16-2012, 06:24 PM   #78
Senior LCF Member

So my pattern has been that I haven't been able to have a good Friday DD so I turn it into a MD and have two UDs on Sat and Sun. Same thing happened this weekend, so I'm up quite a bit after bouncing all the way back down as of last Wednesday.

Today was a DD and I was able to walk about 2 miles after work. I'm hoping to see a nice bounce down in the morning. Planning a low carb UD tomorrow.
Old 04-17-2012, 06:48 AM   #79
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cuttie99
Stats: 5'2 171
WOE: post hcg, lost 60lbs
Start Date: Juddd 4/30, restarted 11/30
rosali, thank you soo much for sharing your experience. I just finished my last round of hcg. Lost over 60 lbs. but the thing I dislike about hcg is the gains that come from eating carbs or too much salt or you don't even know what caused it which can be very frustrating.

It seems like you are eating whatever you want as long as you stick with your calorie count. It's unbelievable!! Do you gain after exercise?

Is it ok to do up days on sat and sun? And can we do 2 dd in a row?

You mentioned correction days in a previous posts. Do you still HAVE to do them after a treat day? Or does the DD take care of them? I really dislike CD's witha passion!

Please keep us posted. Thank you so much you are really inspiring me to do JUDDD. I am just scared of gaining!!
cuttie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:39 AM   #80
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm a veteran HHCGer and boy was I struggling even in P3! I was always up 3-5 lbs from LDW, and I didn't want to be there! That was not my intent on protocol.

I started JUDDD in my 4th month of P4, and I was to my original goal within 2 weeks of starting and have stayed there for over 5 months now.

Doing the UD/DD rotation is critical for better weight loss, and even though I started with a MD on Wednesdays of each week, I changed to regular rotation.

I've never done two DDs in a row, as that is counterproductive. You need enough fuel on UDs for a successful DD.
The same applies to UDs. I think I've had one instance in these last 6 months where a social event prevented me from regular rotation, and I did have 2 UDs in a row. I won't do them intentionally, however.

ETA: I abhorred CDs to the enth degree!!!!

Gracie's Journal

Last edited by sazzie; 04-17-2012 at 09:41 AM.. Reason: Addition
Old 04-17-2012, 06:41 PM   #81
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuttie99 View Post
rosali, thank you soo much for sharing your experience. I just finished my last round of hcg. Lost over 60 lbs. but the thing I dislike about hcg is the gains that come from eating carbs or too much salt or you don't even know what caused it which can be very frustrating.

It seems like you are eating whatever you want as long as you stick with your calorie count. It's unbelievable!! Do you gain after exercise?

Is it ok to do up days on sat and sun? And can we do 2 dd in a row?

You mentioned correction days in a previous posts. Do you still HAVE to do them after a treat day? Or does the DD take care of them? I really dislike CD's witha passion!

Please keep us posted. Thank you so much you are really inspiring me to do JUDDD. I am just scared of gaining!!
Congrats on 60lbs down!!! That's an awesome accomplishment! I have the same issue with maintenance after hcg. I became very sensitive to carbs and salt and could regain the loss from a round of P2 in a few days. I did CD after CD and was totally frustrated. I can totally relate to what you're going through.

With JUDDD I do DD on MWF, and UD on SS. On my DD I eat about 300-400 cals. It's so easy for my after hcg. I just eat one of my hcg meals and drink lots and lots of stevia sweetened tea or plain water. Knowing that I can eat the next day makes a huge difference for me. I'm able to push past the hunger easily with that knowledge.

Our JUDDD BUDDDS don't recommend 2 DDs in a row. But they do recommend a DD, then an MD (your DD cals + UD cals, divided by two), and then an UD.

I do two UDs on Sat and Sun.

I don't gain after exercise, but I do moderate exercise. For example, I walked 5 miles one day and 2 miles the next.

Regarding the CDs, I think that the DDs handle treats however you need to watch it on Sat and Sun if you do back to back UDs on the weekend. I try to make one day a treat day and the next day a strict low carb day. In both cases I stick strictly to the max number of cals. I allow myself to exceed the cals a bit if needed, but make sure I don't eat less.

I'm happy that my experience is helpful to you. I'm still a newbie and I am relying a lot on JUDDD BUDDDs who have been very kind to share their experience and knowledge with me. The support on this site is awesome.
Old 04-17-2012, 06:50 PM   #82
Senior LCF Member

I had a bounce up over the weekend. Didn't get to exercise at all. DD on Monday and I bounced down again. Today was an UD.

I'd like the bounces to be smaller than they are. However, I've been reading on this site that some bodies take longer to adjust to JUDDD. So I'm hanging in there as I believe that this is for me and I need to give the 'magic' time to kick in. I'm technically maintaining as my bounce up and bounce down result in the same weight in the end.

I'm not restricting what I eat, but I am watching the cals carefully to ensure that there is a huge gap between my DD and UD cals. With HCG maintenance, I watched cals and carbs and still gained. It made no sense. First, I was told I didn't eat enough. Then I was told I ate too much. Then I didn't eat the 'right' no salt no sugar foods. Geez! It was beyond frustrating. This way of eating lets me drive my menu based on what I like and as long as I watch the cals, the scale responds as expected. That works for me.
Old 04-18-2012, 03:31 AM   #83
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Rosali. I will keep reading up on Juddd and your progress. SO far I am able to maintain ok in P4 but I haven't started to add things in yet like bread and high sugar fruits or chocolate etc..... Something That i found was very interesting in my last p4 was that it seems I was very sensitive to salt. since sometimes these rounds don't give us a lot of time to experiment and investigate I am not 100 % sure.

This is what I came across.... It seemed that if I ate processed foods ( restaurant meal)that were high in salt but also ate foods high in potassium I didn.t gain as much weight. I then noticed that if I drank lots of coconut water (sugar free) and regular milk like several cups of it in a day I would start to lose my water weight. We do not nearly get enough postassium as we are suppose to. We need at least 4,000mg a day. Each cup of milk has about 300-400mg.The funny thing is when I drank 3 cups of milk and coconut water I consumed a lot of carbs and didn;t gain! which doesn't make sense.They always warned me to stay away from milk and drink heavy cream. Unfortunately, I had to start a new round so I didn't get a chance to check out my theory but I researched that potassium and salt work together as diuretic. If this theory is correct, I should be able to eat carbs with out gaining and should be able to eat out in moderation and just drink lots of high potassium liquids or foods.... so if my theory does not work out the next time i add something then I will most likely be turning to JUDDD.

Also maybe this would work well in Juddd too. you would just have to watch the calories.
Old 04-18-2012, 05:53 PM   #84
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thanks Rosali. I will keep reading up on Juddd and your progress. SO far I am able to maintain ok in P4 but I haven't started to add things in yet like bread and high sugar fruits or chocolate etc..... Something That i found was very interesting in my last p4 was that it seems I was very sensitive to salt. since sometimes these rounds don't give us a lot of time to experiment and investigate I am not 100 % sure.

This is what I came across.... It seemed that if I ate processed foods ( restaurant meal)that were high in salt but also ate foods high in potassium I didn.t gain as much weight. I then noticed that if I drank lots of coconut water (sugar free) and regular milk like several cups of it in a day I would start to lose my water weight. We do not nearly get enough postassium as we are suppose to. We need at least 4,000mg a day. Each cup of milk has about 300-400mg.The funny thing is when I drank 3 cups of milk and coconut water I consumed a lot of carbs and didn;t gain! which doesn't make sense.They always warned me to stay away from milk and drink heavy cream. Unfortunately, I had to start a new round so I didn't get a chance to check out my theory but I researched that potassium and salt work together as diuretic. If this theory is correct, I should be able to eat carbs with out gaining and should be able to eat out in moderation and just drink lots of high potassium liquids or foods.... so if my theory does not work out the next time i add something then I will most likely be turning to JUDDD.

Also maybe this would work well in Juddd too. you would just have to watch the calories.
What an interesting theory. Of course every 'body' is different. You may have found something that works for you. I was very low in potassium and iron during hcg, evidenced by blood tests. I had to take an iron tablet and a potassium supplement daily. I still take the potassium supplement but my foods seem to be providing the iron now that I'm on JUDDD.

I'm a firm believer in 'what works for you'. On JUDDD I'm eating all sorts of carbs (bread, cake, pasta, candy, sugar, alcohol) in moderation and I'm not seeing the 10lb gains that I used to. I'm bouncing up 3 - 5 lbs and bouncing right back down again after DDs. I'm okay with watching the cals if that results in maintenance. What used to frustrate me in P3 and P4 was watching the cals and still seeing the scale move up and up.

Please keep me posted on your decsion.
Old 04-18-2012, 05:57 PM   #85
Senior LCF Member

Up 1.6lbs today after an UD. I know that we aren't supposed to track the bounce daily but I'm using this to help me determine the 'sweet spot' for my DD and UD cals so that I can start losing.

Today was DD. I had a small burger with lettuce mayo mustard and ketchp, a 1 oz bag of chips and a small cookie. About 500 cals today. Had that at lunch and drank water the rest of the day. I like the freedom to have a meal like that and still feel the effect of the DD. I can feel the cals moving in my bod.

Tomorrow is an UD. Woo hoo!!
Old 04-19-2012, 01:39 PM   #86
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Rosali for all the advice. I feel confident Judd will work for me too. I will give myself 3 weeks on P4 and if I start to struggle will join juddd!!!

what do you mean by finding your sweet spot? Are you trying to figure out the most amount of calories for your dd so you can lose weight, like decrease it under 500? Or you need to decrease your UD? I thought if we just used the calculator we should be good!! lol I want it to be easy! lol
Old 04-19-2012, 01:54 PM   #87
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Aarosali, you are doing really well. Lots weigh daily, have you seen some of the wonderful charts of the bounces?

Glad you are going to stick with it Cuttie. Many of us find we are better off with a few more or less calories to get the best weight loss, or maintenance. This takes time, first of all just go with the flow and follow Dr Js numbers as well as you can.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 06:16 PM   #88
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thanks Rosali for all the advice. I feel confident Judd will work for me too. I will give myself 3 weeks on P4 and if I start to struggle will join juddd!!!

what do you mean by finding your sweet spot? Are you trying to figure out the most amount of calories for your dd so you can lose weight, like decrease it under 500? Or you need to decrease your UD? I thought if we just used the calculator we should be good!! lol I want it to be easy! lol
I'm trying to find the combo of DD cals and UD cals that result in loss for me. Of course I"m only 2 weeks in, so my cals may be okay, but I"m only maintaining right now at 300-400DD and 1900 UD. Each person is different. I've noticed that many people have found the best combo right away. Given that I'm comimg off of hcg, it may simply be a waiting game for me.
Old 04-19-2012, 06:18 PM   #89
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Aarosali, you are doing really well. Lots weigh daily, have you seen some of the wonderful charts of the bounces?

Glad you are going to stick with it Cuttie. Many of us find we are better off with a few more or less calories to get the best weight loss, or maintenance. This takes time, first of all just go with the flow and follow Dr Js numbers as well as you can.
Thanks for the encouragement. Yep, I have seen the bounce thread and I'm definitely in that category. I'm constantly amazed that I bounce down each time.
Old 04-22-2012, 05:03 AM   #90
Senior LCF Member

This is an UD weekend. I'm still bouncing up and down. I think the bounces are smaller now from my UDs. I'm going to continue in this way to see when the losses start happening. I feel sure that they will.

I am noticing that my 'real' hunger is starting to match that of my thin high metabilism hubby (he still weighs more than me since he's much taller - just had to get that in . Yesterday was an UD We ate breakfast yesterday around 8:30 am. He had cereal, milk, 1 banana, 2 eggs with cheese and 4 slices bacon. I had two bananas, 2 eggs and 2 slices of bacon. At about 1:30 we were both hungry at the same time. Again we ate together. He had twice as much as I did, but we ate the same foods. Later that evening, we were both not very hungry. I had a small meal and he ate twice as much. I ended up at almost 2 lbs up but with no potty action (PA). I want to think that had I had PA I may only be up a few ounces. Anyhow, my point is that we were hungry for the first time around the same time, and I essentially ate like he did, just fewer cals since I weigh less than he does.

That simply made my day, and his. He's missed this as I've been on hcg for what seems like forever and I was always either on the 'juice' with restricted meals or on a correction day. So, even though I'm still bouncing and not losing, I'm happy to be able to eat 'normally' and still maintain my weight.