Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2012, 10:43 AM   #1
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: lil miss
WOE: LCMW
Start Date: 1/1/13
Can you make sense of this?

These might not be "EXACT," but basically:

Week 1 lost 2.8
Week 2 lost 3
Weeks 3-4 nothing, scale bouncing up
Week 5 down 1.6 more for a new low

I was losing steam, I ate a bit more than 500 on DD's this last week [when I lost again] and I didnt go way over my ceiling on UDs but allowed myself to a bit. I also did NOT exercise the last week.

Normally I lift weights, use elliptical and run 5 days a week.

WHY did I finally lose? Did I lose bc I actually needed a little more calories?

Is it cyclical? Like I will only lose the first 2 weeks of my cycle?

It averages to like .24 lb a week which I think is super slow although I am happy for any losses!

Any thoughts?

Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2012, 11:44 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
I don't know how you get .24 pounds per week.

If I understand correctly, you lost 7.4 pounds in 5 weeks, which averages out to 1.48 pounds per week, a good loss.
Luna Loca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 02:56 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DD80
Stats: 188/165.0/145 5'10"
WOE: Organic GrassFed Gluten-Free 5/13 Dairy Free 2/14
Start Date: 1/10/12 Medi, 2/9/12 First UD, 1/1/13 New Plan
Weight loss does cycle with your period. I won't lose any (maintain or go up slightly) the week before my period. I usually will drop after my period is over - and the amount is more substantial. Hormones, water weight, everything makes a difference.

I assume that also, because you didn't work out, your muscles aren't holding on to the water that they usually do in order to grow. You might see a slight gain when you start working out again, or you may not, but it's ok either way. For example, after a weight workout, I'm always up the next day and usually don't lose it for 2-3 days. You will see losses. Just keep up the good work and don't get discouraged. I used to not be happy unless I saw a loss - and trust me, a loss still makes me ECSTATIC! But, if I maintain or gain a bit, I know that I will see a loss soon. I can usually tell when I've retained water (I drank 4 liters of water and peed 4 times all day...yeah, retaining) and I can tell when I'm losing that water. I also try to remember that I feel great because I'm doing what I like to do. I'm working out, I'm seeing changes in my body, and I'm not gaining all the time and feeling crappy (emotionally and physically) because my eating is out of control.

So, I predict you will see losses again. Just keep up with your routine!

Last edited by DD80; 02-22-2012 at 02:57 PM..
DD80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 04:24 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Bumping this in the hope more of our heavy-duty exercisers will - forgive me - weigh in with how they are combining JUDDD and significant exercise.

I do know there have been several threads from people who find their weight loss pattern changes around TOM. I am years past speaking to that cycle.

And I have noticed in myself and in many threads that over time (months) the pattern eating/losing does seem to settle down and become more consistent and dependable. That probably comes from getting used to the eating the DD/UD rotation. But it may also come from reduced inflammation and enhanced health.
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 05:37 AM   #5
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: lil miss
WOE: LCMW
Start Date: 1/1/13
Thanks for the responses!

Luna, I was writing from memory so my info may have been off. There might be a couple more weeks of not losing or something, sufficed to say when one does the math the loss was not impressive and so many people here are losing like gangbusters.

DD80 Thank you so much for what you wrote, it means alot. I need to not give up and get discouraged. I am going to save your post! I am back to working out this week so Saturdays weigh in will be interesting.

So hard to pin point when hormones are constantly changing so, is it the exercise, the allowance of wee bit more calories, hormones, water retention etc.

Again, I appreciate everyone's responses!
lil miss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 08:15 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DD80
Stats: 188/165.0/145 5'10"
WOE: Organic GrassFed Gluten-Free 5/13 Dairy Free 2/14
Start Date: 1/10/12 Medi, 2/9/12 First UD, 1/1/13 New Plan
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil miss View Post
Thanks for the responses!

Luna, I was writing from memory so my info may have been off. There might be a couple more weeks of not losing or something, sufficed to say when one does the math the loss was not impressive and so many people here are losing like gangbusters.

DD80 Thank you so much for what you wrote, it means alot. I need to not give up and get discouraged. I am going to save your post! I am back to working out this week so Saturdays weigh in will be interesting.

So hard to pin point when hormones are constantly changing so, is it the exercise, the allowance of wee bit more calories, hormones, water retention etc.

Again, I appreciate everyone's responses!
I'm so glad that I helped. You are doing really well! I know it's frustrating!

Just so you know - I workout 4-6 times/week for 60-90 mins each time (except this week and I'm annoyed that I've been sick - I like working out!) I've done the weight loss dance so many times, I know how it works. Trust me. When I was doing weight watchers, I noticed how I lost (because I had to track it) and at first the losses were great and consistent, and then it was like. -.6, +.2, -.3, then week after period was over it would be -3.4. No joke. Every month. The lady at Medi-weightloss confirmed that many women lose this way - even women who have gone through menopause.

Plus, I've been working out for a long time. I do body pump for weights now, but have done the machines, and I always am up after a weight workout. I know I said it before, but remember - our muscles hold on to water after a workout so that they can repair themselves and grow. You WANT more muscle!! Then you can eat more!
DD80 is offline   Reply With Quote