Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2012, 09:18 AM   #31
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Oh yes, the metabolism thing. I was thin until I was 40. I had my only child and have fought being overweight ever since. That would be 22 years. Thanks son.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2012, 09:23 AM   #32
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
One way to test, if you want to go for it, would be to take a month or so and eat at those higher numbers. See what the results are. But, once again, you have to measure and count calories or you won't know whether you are getting high enough, or staying low enough. Just saying that if you don't KNOW you are doing the calories, you won't know if those are the correct numbers. LOL But, I guess that goes without saying.

A couple of weeks doesn't usually tell us too much, but it could begin to give you a hint, and four weeks should result in something.. enough to tell you whether you are on the right track with your calorie numbers.

And, if you increase your calories, you can be enjoying some extra good eating while you see if it's working!
Old 02-23-2012, 09:57 AM   #33
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/146.4/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
Oh yes, the metabolism thing. I was thin until I was 40. I had my only child and have fought being overweight ever since. That would be 22 years. Thanks son.
I feel your pain. I was quite underweight for a long time, got put on "fattening" protocol, gained some, maintained, then hit my late 20's and the metabolism slowed down further. I didn't get huge, but gained quite a bit, then had my daughter when I was 32! This is the first time in 8 years I feel like I "might" be able to get to my pre-pregnancy weight. Thanks Keira! It's a good thing I really love that munchkin!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 10:26 AM   #34
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kaysol
I always tell my kids that - "see how much I love you? I will never wear a bikini again just so I could have you" - I never mention all the cookies...
kaysol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 12:21 PM   #35
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Carmiel
Stats: 203/163.4/155
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 2/12/2012
I just read an article called Experiments with Intermittent Fasting by Dr. John M. Barardi. He did some self testing with various methods of IF and reported on the results. Anyhow, what I mostly got from the article (and I think it applies perfectly in this situation) is that we need to "self-test." Here are his rules for self-testing:
  • Try something that makes sense, is simple, and that you can do every day.
  • Commit to doing this one action every day for a reasonable period of time, usually a few weeks.
  • Measure the things that’ll give you objective feedback on how it’s going.
  • Stick with the intervention until your pre-determined time is up, even if your measures go up and down.
  • Assess the success of your actions based on the overall measures – the general trend over time.
  • At the end of the predetermined period, if the intervention’s working, keep doing it.
  • If it’s not working, or stops working, make a small change, one you’re confident you can do.
  • Keep repeating until you reach your goal.
Carmiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 01:33 PM   #36
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kaysol
Great advice, makes perfect sense... you never know if something works if you dont give it enough time...
kaysol is offline   Reply With Quote