Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Cheking in after UD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/758794-cheking-after-ud.html)

Sweety0107 02-20-2012 08:04 AM

Cheking in after UD

Greetings all,
Yesterday was my much needed UD after a very hard DD.

I ate 650 more calories than I should have... My norm is 1936 and I ate 2586.
I've read that the appetite suppression will kick in soon...

How has eating over your allotted UD calories affected your weight loss?

Kissa 02-20-2012 08:24 AM

I am maintaining but generally I don't have a problem after overrating on my UDs.

It happens sometimes though, as it did a week or so back when I gained 4.5 lbs after an UD. Followed it with a regular DD and said goodbye to 4 of the 4.5 lbs. Got to love JUDDD.

Sweety0107 02-20-2012 09:06 AM

I got on the scale this am and it was exactly the same as yesterday!?!
... Thats a good thing... right?

Beeb 02-20-2012 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissTan1 (Post 15431125)
I got on the scale this am and it was exactly the same as yesterday!?!
... Thats a good thing... right?

Yes, that is a good thing BUT now you need to make today a good DD or you will probably see an upward movement on that scale tomorrow. :sad:

If you are finding that you are so hungry on your DDs maybe you need to up those DD calories a bit. Give yourself another 50 or 100 calories and see if it helps. Also, don't start eating until you are REALLY hungry. I have found this helps amazingly well. I now don't start to eat until about 2 or 3 in the afternoon and even then I probably could go longer if I had to. This helps to make my "eating window" shorter for the day, thus I am not hungry at the end of the day. Before I know it it's time for bed and I have eaten just the amount of calories I should have.

HTH :high5:

gotsomeold 02-20-2012 11:26 AM

It happens to many people from time to time. Chuckle, the trick is to not let it happen too many times.

One wild-n-wicked UD can result in water weight gain in the next couple of days (how quickly it shows up will depend on your metabolism). Make the next DD a good one and most or all of that weight will vanish. So, the impact of over eating once in a while is a small slow down to weight loss.

Many people find, after the DD invoked sirtuin enzymes build up enough in their systems they don't get nearly as hungry (or hungry at all). That can happen within a few DDs. It took me three and a half weeks (being post-menopausal seems to make everything happen more slowly). I knew the day it happened because my whole relationship to food and hunger was suddenly different.

So, one over-the-top UD is really nbd. However if it happens many times it might create a stall or even a real weight gain. I encourage you to plan the next few UDs. Think about the things you want to eat again then allocate them to an UD so each individual day comes in around 2000 cals.