Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   More interesting info on Alternate Day Fasting (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/758587-more-interesting-info-alternate-day-fasting.html)

MintQ8 02-19-2012 09:08 PM

More interesting info on Alternate Day Fasting

Just read this..

Ageing study looks at fasting to live longer - The West Australian

interesting!

sophiethecat 02-19-2012 09:15 PM

Thanks, Vicky! :clap: I was just doing more reading on this subject too tonight. Glad you posted! :high5:

sunday 02-19-2012 09:54 PM

Yes, there is also a few youtube videos that are quite fascinating that specifically addressed that ADF is conducive to living longer as well as many, many other amazing health benefits! If it is okay to post them here, I will be glad to add them. :)

MintQ8 02-19-2012 11:57 PM

I think - and perhaps Dottie, or another administrator can please confirm, we can post links to things that are not in competition with netrition and are not trying to sell stuff - but I'm not 100% sure - off to find the rules!!

MintQ8 02-20-2012 12:02 AM

Here's LCF policy http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ma...ification.html

It seems if links are 'informational' or 'educational' we're okay.

shirlc 02-20-2012 06:50 AM

Thanks for posting this, Vicky! I love to read this stuff to reaffirm the health benefits of this WOE. JUDDD simply sounds (and is) too good to be true!!!

Kissa 02-20-2012 07:31 AM

Thanks for posting this Vicky,:hugs:

KeirasMom 02-20-2012 07:38 AM

From the first paragraph, I was sure the slant was going to be "anti" fasting, but it ended up just reporting the facts. I was a bit irked by the "starving" comment.

Thanks for sharing Vicky!

sunday 02-20-2012 08:19 AM

Pat Lowry, is a big contributor to the Yahoo ADF forum and his videos are very educational. I believe he has been doing ADF for approx. 5 years and he is the reason that I have been so excited about trying this WOE. He has 3 videos which are numbered and this is the 1st. I was thrilled to learn about how ADF can increase the enzyme that protects the heart against disease! :)

shirlc 02-20-2012 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeirasMom (Post 15430495)
From the first paragraph, I was sure the slant was going to be "anti" fasting, but it ended up just reporting the facts. I was a bit irked by the "starving" comment.

Thanks for sharing Vicky!

I didn't notice the "starving" comment the first time I read it. That sure makes it sound like a fun thing to do. :stars:

sunday 02-20-2012 08:32 AM

Be sure to watch these two also! I am very jazzed about all of the health benefits that Intermittent Fasting provides! I now understand why folks who have done it and made goal, continue to enjoy this WOE!!! :jumpjoy:

Kissa 02-20-2012 08:50 AM

Thanks what great stuff.

sungoddess 02-20-2012 09:21 AM

I LOVE the threads that point out links that support this style of living. It is very confirming.

shirlc 02-20-2012 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunday (Post 15430726)
Pat Lowry, is a big contributor to the Yahoo ADF forum and his videos are very educational. I believe he has been doing ADF for approx. 5 years and he is the reason that I have been so excited about trying this WOE. He has 3 videos which are numbered and this is the 1st. I was thrilled to learn about how ADF can increase the enzyme that protects the heart against disease!

I watched these and they are very affirming about ADF. It helps me to keep hearing that this is a healthy WOE besides being a great way to lose weight!!!

sophiethecat 02-20-2012 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunday (Post 15430726)
Pat Lowry, is a big contributor to the Yahoo ADF forum and his videos are very educational. I believe he has been doing ADF for approx. 5 years and he is the reason that I have been so excited about trying this WOE. He has 3 videos which are numbered and this is the 1st. I was thrilled to learn about how ADF can increase the enzyme that protects the heart against disease!

Thanks for posting that, Sunday :) I watched his other 2 videos as well. I got pretty excited when he described his fasting regimen, which sounds very much like Pirate Jenny's MUDDD which I've done sometimes and lost weight on both in WLM and maintenance and continued to reap JUDDD health benefits on). It's "24 hour" days instead of the (approx) 36 hour fasting for JUDDD.

If I understand right, the main difference in what he does and MUDDD is that on his "DD" he fasts completely from after dinner one night until time for dinner the next night. On MUDDD, I would eat during the DD portion of my day - sometimes 500 to 800 calories.

MUDDDg was pretty much cake... easy, especially since I made it even easier on myself by having longer than 24 hour FDs! (this was in maintenance).

Now if I go back to MUDDD, I could probably do a complete fast or an almost complete fast on the DD portion of it since I'm much more adjusted to the JUDDD way, and the SIRT 'zymes are working better.

I've been back to doing regular JUDDD for over a month now, having DDs on M-W-F and FDs between and on Sat-Sun. I've been thinking about going back to MUDDD for a while, and I probably will soon. In maintenance, I enjoy changing things up now and then. :)

Anyway, interesting stuff! And if anyone finds more articles or vids, be sure to post them here. :) :up:

JanetTN 02-20-2012 01:14 PM

Sounds like we are going to get to enjoy our healthy, skinny bodies for a really long time

sunday 02-20-2012 01:40 PM

Sophie,
Yes, he is fasting from dinner on Feast day until dinner the next day, so that every other day he doesn't eat breakfast/lunch. I think that will be what I end up going to after I get the rotation down to an art.

I will have to go and re-read on the MUDDD info and see if I may like doing that also! :sing:

Sedona 02-20-2012 05:34 PM

Great thread and videos - thanks for posting.

mattsmama 02-20-2012 07:23 PM

Thank you for the article and videos!!! I thoroughly enjoyed all of it. I am so excited about all the benefits of our woe!

mykidsteacher 02-20-2012 08:06 PM

I'm considering transitioning to MUDDD now that I've been maintaining pretty steady for a couple of weeks. I don't know if I could completely fast dinner to dinner though. I'm one who needs to eat breakfast (even if it's just one egg) or I get shaky and REALLY grumpy. I actually eat more of my calories early in the day (breakfast/lunch) and then don't eat much for supper.

But I want to make sure I'm doing good with getting my UD cals in the way I should before I change anything up.

Tilly 02-20-2012 08:17 PM

Looking forward to reading all of this when I have time. Thanks for sharing.