Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   OMG!!! Could it really have been this easy! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/758395-omg-could-really-have-been-easy.html)

itsmeshelly01 02-18-2012 05:47 AM

OMG!!! Could it really have been this easy!

So most everyone knows the struggles i have had losing this last 5lbs. Some days have been easier than others. I have wanted to do it but pretty much decided that if i didnt i still loved eating the JUDDD way and would regardless. This is especially for you newbies.
I have been doing Mon, Wed, Fri, DD's. Sun, Tue, Thur, UD's and Sat MD (medium day). I have been going back adn forth with the same 5 lbs forever. I have been eating my carbs again which has been wonderful but still it has gotten frustrating at times. This last Saturday morning I weighed and every Sat is after a DD and that is usually my lowest for the week and I was at 145, which is a little above where i usually am on Fri at 144. I had tooth problems last week and i know my weight was up from that. But that sat i decided to go ahead and go to the normal JUDDD rotation DD/UD/DD/UD..... Sat i had my wisdom tooth removed, UD, still ate all my calories though. My weight started going down everyday from the hectic week before with my body fighting infection. Well, i had a couple of tough DD's this week and my UD's were up there. Around 1900 to 2000 calories adn i have been staying about 1700 to 1800. I have just been hungry this week.
Yesterday was an UD and i ate quite a bit.
Here is the wonderful kicker!!! I am down to my lowest weight since i started JUDDD. I was 143 this morning!!! AFter a 2000 cal UD!!! :jumpjoy::jumpjoy:
I have been going down in weight all week, some days were just a tenth of a pound but still going down. All i can think is that really doing the real rotation and actually upping my calories on my UD's and making sure to eat my 500 on DD's has been the key. I am amazed and soooo happy.
Today is a DD so i know i will even be a little lower tomorrow and if this goes this way i will finally be at my 140 goal by the end of next week!!! I'm just thrilled. Im glad i have hung in there.

So to you newbies, do the rotation and keep those UD's high and the DD's where you feel comfortable.
To the old JUDDDers, thank you guys for all of the support. There have been so many times i wanted to quit. I feel great that i have gone down just that one pound. It has made a huge difference and for it to be after a major UD that really is the icing on the cake!!!:jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy:

galinva 02-18-2012 06:01 AM

WTG!!!:jumpjoy::clap::jumpjoy:

andi2508 02-18-2012 06:08 AM

That's brilliant! :)

Redeemed 02-18-2012 06:35 AM

That's great Shelly, I hope you're recovered from that wisdom tooth.

gotsomeold 02-18-2012 06:58 AM

When you said you were going to do the straight rotation, I wondered if something wonderful would result. Congratulations!!!!

theredhead 02-18-2012 07:19 AM

I'm so happy for you, Shelly! :D

WWC 02-18-2012 07:21 AM

Hurray for you! :jumpjoy: That is terrific news and very timely for me because it is harder to have DDs on the weekend when the whole family is around. I had been considering making one of those days a medium day, but I'm NOT going to now. Thank you on passing on your success and insight! :love:

KeirasMom 02-18-2012 08:23 AM

WTG! :jumpjoy:

sungoddess 02-18-2012 08:28 AM

awesome!! :high5::clap::clap::clap:

itsmeshelly01 02-18-2012 08:28 AM

Thanks guys. Part of the biggest reason i did the MD on the weekend was because i was so afraid of being home and being around so much food and not being able to resist and because of being home with family and maybe wanting to go out or whatever but it has been surprisingly easy. I thought it would be so hard to be home and not be starving for all the food in the fridge and cabinets but i learned from being home last week a few days that it wasnt hard at all. Thats when i decided to go ahead and do the regular rotation. My family just has to understand. I have been doing JUDDD so long that my BF doesnt say anything anymore because he is wonderfully happy that i can eat carbs. He loves it.
I just cant believe it was this easy. Why didnt i just do this a long time ago. I didnt really realize the truth in the every other day routine working so well. I am a true believer now!!!

WildIrishRose 02-18-2012 08:29 AM

Shelly, congrats! That is wonderful! I hope you have recovered from having your wisdom tooth removed!!

mattsmama 02-18-2012 08:38 AM

:goodpost:

So glad to see you so happy! You have really stuck with it, and now you are reaping the rewards!! What a great example for others! :high5:

vilanteira 02-18-2012 08:43 AM

Shelly, I'm so glad to see things moving where you want it to! I know how you've been struggling with this.:hugs: I've actually found the same results myself. The straight UD DD rotation regularly (with a rare MD thrown in only for emergency schedule changes etc) is the only way I can lose.

monica1210 02-18-2012 09:15 AM

Shelly, that was a great post and I am so happy for you!

Eieio 02-18-2012 09:29 AM

So happy for u. U made my morning!
U work hard at exercising nd eating correctly. Funny u think how easy it was. U r one tough cookie! Awesome.
I'm like u in fighting a few left over pounds. Thanks for sharing it HELPS US ALL.
Shelly rocks!

pjsam1156 02-18-2012 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itsmeshelly01 (Post 15426136)
So most everyone knows the struggles i have had losing this last 5lbs. Some days have been easier than others. I have wanted to do it but pretty much decided that if i didnt i still loved eating the JUDDD way and would regardless. This is especially for you newbies.
I have been doing Mon, Wed, Fri, DD's. Sun, Tue, Thur, UD's and Sat MD (medium day). I have been going back adn forth with the same 5 lbs forever. I have been eating my carbs again which has been wonderful but still it has gotten frustrating at times. This last Saturday morning I weighed and every Sat is after a DD and that is usually my lowest for the week and I was at 145, which is a little above where i usually am on Fri at 144. I had tooth problems last week and i know my weight was up from that. But that sat i decided to go ahead and go to the normal JUDDD rotation DD/UD/DD/UD..... Sat i had my wisdom tooth removed, UD, still ate all my calories though. My weight started going down everyday from the hectic week before with my body fighting infection. Well, i had a couple of tough DD's this week and my UD's were up there. Around 1900 to 2000 calories adn i have been staying about 1700 to 1800. I have just been hungry this week.
Yesterday was an UD and i ate quite a bit.
Here is the wonderful kicker!!! I am down to my lowest weight since i started JUDDD. I was 143 this morning!!! AFter a 2000 cal UD!!! :jumpjoy::jumpjoy:
I have been going down in weight all week, some days were just a tenth of a pound but still going down. All i can think is that really doing the real rotation and actually upping my calories on my UD's and making sure to eat my 500 on DD's has been the key. I am amazed and soooo happy.
Today is a DD so i know i will even be a little lower tomorrow and if this goes this way i will finally be at my 140 goal by the end of next week!!! I'm just thrilled. Im glad i have hung in there.

So to you newbies, do the rotation and keep those UD's high and the DD's where you feel comfortable.
To the old JUDDDers, thank you guys for all of the support. There have been so many times i wanted to quit. I feel great that i have gone down just that one pound. It has made a huge difference and for it to be after a major UD that really is the icing on the cake!!!:jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy:

:goodpost:PERFECT testament to those who need to adjust their rotation schedules or numbers a bit to get those results!:clap:
WTG!!:jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy:

Kissa 02-18-2012 10:00 AM

:jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy:

I am so thrilled for you Shelly, I know you have been quite down about things lately. You so deserved this loss.

Yes, I guess the truth is that for most of us the rotation UD DD UD DD is the way to go. I had to put in an MD this week and it was fine, but I like the balance of the usual rotation.

The less we tweak it the better it works. :D

mykidsteacher 02-18-2012 10:13 AM

Wonderful!

I am amazed at how often INCREASING calories is what causes the weight to start coming off for people. It really is true that everyone has a 'sweet spot'. Sometimes it can take a while to find it, but it often seems to be the opposite of what you think will work for you.

sophiethecat 02-18-2012 10:46 AM

WHOO HOOO Shelly!! :jumpjoy: So happy for you, girl! :hugs:

In WLM, I just tried to keep with the DD/UD rotation, although I might have had to do a MD once or twice. Things are much looser in maintenance, but I know during WLM I disliked MDs cause it felt like they were throwing a wrench (a delay in other words) in my WL.

You have found your sweet spot - awesome!!! There's so much power with knowledge, and now you know how to eat to lose, and you also know how to eat to maintain when you get to that point (which won't be long at all!) :jumpjoy:

Speck333 02-18-2012 10:59 AM

Increasing calories seems to be working for me, too, Shelly.

Although, I will say, every body is different. I had medium days every week back in Oct/Nov and was losing. Even so, I'm doing a straight rotation now, too, because the conditions that had me needing the medium day no longer exist.

laranda 02-18-2012 12:04 PM

GREAT to hear!!! I know you've been working hard, I'm so happy for you! It seems a little backwards to me on some up days that eating "more" will probably result in a better loss, wow! I'm so glad u shared, congrats again! :jumpjoy:

:heart:

Joedi 02-18-2012 12:42 PM

So pleased to read your happy post Shelly!:jumpjoy::jumpjoy:
I know only too well how hard it has felt for you at times :hugs:

And once you are at goal...you will know exactly how to maintain, too!

big hugs
Jo
x

itsmeshelly01 02-18-2012 03:45 PM

Thanks everyone. It is so crazy to realize eating more helps but without that MD I guess it kinda makes sense. Its hard to wrap your head around it though. I bought some girl scout cookies today. I have never bought them myself because of eating lowcarb. It was great! I had to sneak one of the new lemon crescent cookies. They are wonderful. Only 140 calories for 5 of them so they aren't bad and of course I got thin mints and peanut butter creams. I cant wait until tomorrow. These will be an UD essential until they are gone. I need to portion them out I think...lol.

MLE 02-19-2012 09:32 AM

:high5:
So excited for you Shelly! After everything you've gone through lately, you deserve this kind of reward! And, enjoy and savor every bite of those Girl Scout cookies!:yummy:

LadyKT 02-19-2012 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mykidsteacher (Post 15426612)
Wonderful!

I am amazed at how often INCREASING calories is what causes the weight to start coming off for people. It really is true that everyone has a 'sweet spot'. Sometimes it can take a while to find it, but it often seems to be the opposite of what you think will work for you.

:goodpost: I suggest this to stallers on the main board and you'd think I told them to cut off their own heads by the way they react to the advice! I've seen it time and time again when people increase cals after some time.

gotsomeold 02-19-2012 11:22 AM

Amen, LadyKT! People take calories down so low they throw themselves into a starvation mode stall. Give the body something to work with and wonderful things can happen.

(Isn't it fun, knowing the secret: calories do matter, just not in the way we were taught to think of them.)

LadyKT 02-19-2012 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotsomeold (Post 15428812)
Amen, LadyKT! People take calories down so low they throw themselves into a starvation mode stall. Give the body something to work with and wonderful things can happen.

(Isn't it fun, knowing the secret: calories do matter, just not in the way we were taught to think of them.)

Thankie, thankie. I suggest to some to break a stall by eating more, somewhere along the lines I hear "but i have metabolic issues". I'm just gonna go out on a limb and say maybe its because too much of a deficit for too long is just not good.....and maybe they should eat more! :hyst:

Just sayin'.....

SoHappy 02-19-2012 01:57 PM

After being around here for many years, I really do think that there are some people whose bodies react to extremely low carbs as though they are absolutely in starvation, regardless of them getting plenty of calories overall from protein and fats.

For these people, it seems as though their brains equate lack of carbohydrate foods as a lack of enough food overall. I've seen time and time again, when more carbohydrate food is added back into the diet, without even upping the calories all that much, that weight loss resumes and will continue.

I really don't know why this would be particularly.. only that it seems to be the case sometimes. It also seems to occur that if the person can really do very low carb FAST, and get their weight off reasonably quickly, they can often just get to goal straight away on pure low carb and they're just fine. But if they *dilly-dally* along the way, going off plan and regaining some and then back on, and sort of taking a long time at it, that sort of thing, many seem to reach a point where their body no longer seems to respond to doing very low carb very well. And even when they lower the calories weight loss doesn't happen easily. Or when they eat more.. still not really losing much weight. It's like low carb itself doesn't work very well for them anymore.

And then, add some carbs back in and WHOA.. weight loss starts in again. Well, except that the extra carbs often times will give them some initial water weight regain, and that scares some back into that very low carb attempt once again, where they continue to not lose much. Whereas, if they'd just kept up the diet with just a tad bit more carbohydrate in it, that water weight would stabilize and weight loss would take off.

Not saying this applies to everyone, certainly! But I've seen it happen over and over enough to believe it applies to quite a few. :sad:

SoHappy 02-19-2012 02:00 PM

Oh! Forgot the most important part! YAY, SHELLY! :laugh:

LadyKT 02-19-2012 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoHappy (Post 15429153)
After being around here for many years, I really do think that there are some people whose bodies react to extremely low carbs as though they are absolutely in starvation, regardless of them getting plenty of calories overall from protein and fats.

For these people, it seems as though their brains equate lack of carbohydrate foods as a lack of enough food overall. I've seen time and time again, when more carbohydrate food is added back into the diet, without even upping the calories all that much, that weight loss resumes and will continue.

I really don't know why this would be particularly.. only that it seems to be the case sometimes. It also seems to occur that if the person can really do very low carb FAST, and get their weight off reasonably quickly, they can often just get to goal straight away on pure low carb and they're just fine. But if they *dilly-dally* along the way, going off plan and regaining some and then back on, and sort of taking a long time at it, that sort of thing, many seem to reach a point where their body no longer seems to respond to doing very low carb very well. And even when they lower the calories weight loss doesn't happen easily. Or when they eat more.. still not really losing much weight. It's like low carb itself doesn't work very well for them anymore.

And then, add some carbs back in and WHOA.. weight loss starts in again. Well, except that the extra carbs often times will give them some initial water weight regain, and that scares some back into that very low carb attempt once again, where they continue to not lose much. Whereas, if they'd just kept up the diet with just a tad bit more carbohydrate in it, that water weight would stabilize and weight loss would take off.

Not saying this applies to everyone, certainly! But I've seen it happen over and over enough to believe it applies to quite a few. :sad:

:goodpost: Well said Pat! Sometimes people also have an issue with bread/grain carbs - but not vegetable carbs. I think we are on to something....:cool: