Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   It's saturday, what are you eating ? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/758388-its-saturday-what-you-eating.html)

annieS 02-18-2012 12:34 AM

It's saturday, what are you eating ?

Bonjour Bonjour ladies,

UD here today

B = homemade crumpets with maple syrup
L = veggy falafel & greens, soy yogurt
D = diner at friends, supposed to be "french carribean"... we'll see !

have a great day everyone :heart:

gotsomeold 02-18-2012 04:31 AM

Bonjour!

DD, goal 500

B: hwc in coffee (100)
L: tuna on romaine lettuce (150)
S if needed: hwc in some more coffee (50)
D: this will get interesting. Dinner should be a cabbage dinner under 200 cal. But we are going to a friend's b'day party in a very fancy restaurant. My strength of character may be challenged by my love of fine food.

itsmeshelly01 02-18-2012 04:48 AM

DD for me

protein shake this morning and im gonna make a big pan of cabbage, chicken and cheese adn eat on that the rest of the day.
Will be under 500

MintQ8 02-18-2012 05:34 AM

DD

Fasted till early evening then:
Sweet Low Joule Pickles
300grms of Prawns
2 bunches of Asparagus
2 portobellow mushrooms
Way too much diet coke!

350 cals or so for the day! Needed a good down day!

WWC 02-18-2012 06:09 AM

DD--day 32.

Breakfast--coffee

Lunch--Fage 0% 1cup, with stevia and one tbls chocolate PB2

Dinner--cabbage, 3oz chicken, 1 wedge LC cheese and miracle noodles.

Lots of hot tea water, I'm going to cut down on the lemon today to see if it helps my dry eyes feel better. :D

Dottie 02-18-2012 06:24 AM

UD
B: Coffee; small steak with a little meunster cheese melted on top
D: king ranch chicken casserole
S: chicken thighs (boneless and skinless, not sure yet what I'm doing with them, maybe a stir fry)
Snack: 1 or 2 macaroon cookies

giggles4me 02-18-2012 06:32 AM

Second DD
B: coffee with cream and Oatmeal
D: not sure yet
Hope to stay under 400

Mommie22boys 02-18-2012 06:38 AM

DD today and I've been sick...today i'm really feeling lousy.

B: nothing yet...sitting at Dr.'s office waiting to be seen
L: nothing? I have no appetite.
D: also questionable...

Of course, yesterday I felt ravenous. I chalked it up to "feed a cold" syndrome. :stars: I was quite Up, Up, and Away. :cry:

thomasina838 02-18-2012 06:57 AM

DD # 2 for me.

B: 8 oz chicken breast
D: 3 oz chicken breast and cucumber

total about 380 cals. i do use walden farms BBQ and other sauces like alfredo or scampi. no cals, no carbs, no fat, no sugar, no food.

KeirasMom 02-18-2012 07:13 AM

DD

B: Black Cafe Du Monde coffee
E: 2 hours at roller rink with DD7
L: Probably small chili
D: Probably Lean Cuisine

Will be out most of the day, so no time to prep or cook.

Sedona 02-18-2012 07:57 AM

DD

And I am going to try and eat as little as possible and not go over 400 calories. I *think* I have dipped below the 200 mark but refuse to get on the scale until after a down day.

I am going to get into my cleaning gear here soon and this will help me not think about food. :up:

mykidsteacher 02-18-2012 08:40 AM

UD (and may be a free day)

b--2 scrambled eggs, decaf black coffee, sf raspberry omm
l--finger foods and ladies craft luncheon (I refuse to try to count this)
s--??

Kissa 02-18-2012 08:50 AM

DD here have been travelling between homes.

B/L 1 baby marmite cheddar
S hot, sweet, non-fat milk and water. I had forgotten how much I love this and will have a lot now I've remembered it, lol. I will just call it 'hot milk' I think.

2 rich tea biscuits with the hot milk

I have a challenge this evening too. Going to friends for champagne and nibbles. Will try to keep the calories down.

KeirasMom 02-18-2012 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kissa (Post 15426563)
DD here have been travelling between homes.

B/L 1 baby marmite cheddar
S hot, sweet, non-fat milk and water. I had forgotten how much I love this and will have a lot now I've remembered it, lol. I will just call it 'hot milk' I think.

2 rich tea biscuits with the hot milk

I have a challenge this evening too. Going to friends for champagne and nibbles. Will try to keep the calories down.

I love hot 2% milk with SF syrup or splenda. DH thinks I'm insane. Never tried nonfat or with water though.

OndoGirl 02-18-2012 08:58 AM

DD: 500
B: Lotsa Coffee with non-dairy creamer and splenda, 1.7 ounce of chicken breast and a mouthful of leftover collard greens - 187
L: nothing
Dinner: 313 cals left over...probably some sardines on crispbread with low cal cheese-maybe some more collards with it..
S: Diet Swiss Mix - 25 cals (if I have cals leftover from dinner)

Kissa 02-18-2012 09:16 AM

@ Dawn it is very watery but still tastes of milk and is a real comfort food for me. My Mother used to give me milk and water with sugar when I was little and I loved it. She called it minky dinky,:laugh:. Of course, back in the 40s and early 50s it was full fat milk, don't think anything else was available.

I read somewhere recently that low fat milk products are good at helping weight loss. Although I am maintaining, every little bit helps. And after years on Atkins it is lovely to be able to enjoy skimmed milk freely. Although, strangely, I will always be a full fat Greek Yoghurt girl. :hyst:

sophiethecat 02-18-2012 09:42 AM

FD here.

12:30 p.m. had 3 small pieces leftover pizza + handfuls of potato chips. Now having a glass of wine.

Boy, don't I eat healthy? :p :laugh:

Kissa 02-18-2012 01:13 PM

Well it isn't quite a DD but neither is it a MD.

Ended up enjoying 3 glasses of Champagne (which of course has no calories!).

A few smoked salmon blinis, mini sausages and then home for left over chicken curry, well the sauce without the chicken.

My guess is 700 calories.

Pami 02-18-2012 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kissa (Post 15426616)
...it is very watery but still tastes of milk and is a real comfort food for me. My Mother used to give me milk and water with sugar when I was little and I loved it. She called it minky dinky, :laugh: ...

I am not a milk fan; the only way I've ever liked it was ice-cold, watered down
skimmed milk. It was basically milk-flavored ice water. BUT now I'm thinking of
trying the fat-free version of minky dinky with Splenda. Sounds like it would be
just the thing with a couple graham crackers- and besides, who can pass up a
drink called "minky dinky"? I just love that!

MintQ8 02-18-2012 01:33 PM

Funny I remember 'minky dinkys' - but couldn't have told you what they were (for those who don't know - I'm Kissa's daughter!)

laranda 02-18-2012 01:39 PM

Today is an UD! The house is empty, so I was free to make a mess of the kitchen, yay!

L - salmon burger w/ roasted brussel sprouts and homemade espresso w/ soy milk

That's all so far, and I made quite a mess, but everything is delicious! *heaven*

Feel better Andrea! :heart:

Kissa 02-18-2012 01:42 PM

Oh that made me go all tearful. :cry: I know I gave you minky dinky when you were tiny too Vicky.

Pami, let's start a trend here, minty dinky and graham crackers, (well a rich tea biscuit for me here in the UK).

Kissa 02-18-2012 01:43 PM

"Funny I remember 'minky dinkys' - but couldn't have told you what they were (for those who don't know - I'm Kissa's daughter!)

Oh that made me go all tearful. :cry: I know I gave you minky dinky when you were tiny too Vicky.

Pami, let's start a trend here, minty dinky and graham crackers, (well a rich tea biscuit for me here in the UK).

Pami 02-18-2012 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kissa (Post 15427138)
"Funny I remember 'minky dinkys' - but couldn't have told you what they were (for those who don't know - I'm Kissa's daughter!)

Awwwww named after your dear daughter, how sweet!! :love:

I'm leaving now for church- may just pick up some skimmed milk on my way home-
if so, I'll have minky dinky and graham crackers for tomorrow's UD breakfast.

Kissa 02-18-2012 02:22 PM

Sweet, indeed, but just a typo, lol.:hyst::hyst::hyst:

SummerAnne 02-18-2012 02:48 PM

My first UD... Had the best burger EVER at a fairly new restaurant for lunch. I don't know if it's because it really is the best or that today followed my first DD. :hyst:

1/2 lb fresh ground sirloin cooked medium, spring mix, tomato, 2 slices cheese, 'tucker' sauce that I couldn't begin to describe what it resembles, and 4 inches of fried onion rings. I could only eat half. (after taking most of the onion rings off to eat as a side!)

Oh yeah... I'm dragging DH there, well, I guess Wednesday after class since Tuesday will be a DD!

sophiethecat 02-18-2012 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sophiethecat (Post 15426690)
FD here.

12:30 p.m. had 3 small pieces leftover pizza + handfuls of potato chips. Now having a glass of wine.

Boy, don't I eat healthy? :p :laugh:

Had some dark chocolate dipped in peanut butter, more wine.

A grapefruit.

Now having a raspberry jam muffin made by my MIL and half-caff coffee.

It's just me and DH here so food is kinda "piece-y" this evening.

KeirasMom 02-18-2012 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeirasMom (Post 15426319)
DD

B: Black Cafe Du Monde coffee
E: 2 hours at roller rink with DD7
L: Probably small chili
D: Probably Lean Cuisine

Will be out most of the day, so no time to prep or cook.

Burned 527 calories at the rink. It's 3:20 and I haven't eaten anything yet. Thinking I'll have the small chili for dinner and end up under 250 for the day, which will put me at negative net calories. I really feel accomplished when I have negative calorie days. :jumpjoy:

Pami 02-18-2012 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pami (Post 15427154)
I'm leaving now for church- may just pick up some skimmed milk on my way home-
if so, I'll have minky dinky and graham crackers for tomorrow's UD breakfast.

I did get the milk- and some yogurts and some muesli. I had 1/3 cup of muesli in
a 6-ounce cup of yogurt. It was much better than I expected- will have to do
that more often. Earlier I had a Polish sausage and a slice of LC bread and a squirt
of yellow mustard. So not like me- on a DD. This stupid cold has turned into an
earache now, and I'm taking some NSAIDS; they tear up my stomach, so as long
as I'm taking them, I won't be able to do my 0-cal DDs. :sad: 410 cals today

So, back to minky dinky- how do I dilute the milk? Equal parts milk and water?
I missed the French theme party, so I will do a British theme hot milk to make it
up. Also, what is a rich tea biscuit? I'm thinking something like shortbread....

adillenal 02-18-2012 07:52 PM

UD
ate two meals at the concession stand at a craft show so I am sure I will be up-way up tomorrow. But it sure was good though.