Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2012, 03:05 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Spank'd
Stats: 223/217/145
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Restarted 1/11/14
DeLurking!

Hi everyone!

Nobody's seen me around these parts before, but I thought I'd finally own up to you all being so extremely helpful in getting my weight loss back on track.

Yes, I owe it to those of you who have reached maintenance, and the way you really have so much enthusiasm for JUDDDing.

I too am an Atkid, and at times past, a pretty rabid one. I knew Atkins was the way to go, and kept at it, and kept at it,... and... kept.... at... it... until it really just became too much effort for too little return.

I'd watch everyone get to goal. I'd be so unhappy and yes, angry, that I couldn't do what seemed so easy for everyone else. I worked just as hard. I sweat in workouts too. I cut out whatever the Atkins gurus said to do. Whatever. Everyone else lost weight but me, no matter WHAT I did.

After a year of steady weight loss, it got bad. The next 8 months I only lost 8 pounds, even by working out, eating clean, using supplements, trying all sorts of voodoo... it just depressed the heck outta me. In 2006 I pretty much gave up trying to lose weight.

So, mid-2011, my stepdaughter wants someone to diet with. Keeps asking me. I keep saying I'm not in a good place emotionally to diet. You really have to have your game on to lose 80 pounds, yanno?

So I go and get a bodybugg in July and strap it on. It shows my calorie burn, and I use it to keep calories under what I'm burning. Simple, right? But it's not. I am losing literally no weight. July to October, I lost a grand total of 8 pounds, to 221. So now I'm totally stressed again.

October 20, I restarted Atkins Induction, because no other diet even came close to letting me shed pounds. By the end of two weeks, I lost another 8 pounds, and got to 213. And then the stalling started again. Two and a half weeks later, on November 14, still at 213, I started the Alternate-Day Diet. JUDDD.

I was skeptical, and rightfully so. I've been through 17 years of dieting on and off, and yo-yo'd without ever getting even NEAR goal once. Not even close.

So now I'm here to tell you, plain and simple. Yeah, it works. I eat 500ish on my down days, and 1900-2000 on my up.

Today I weigh 192.6, after an up day. Yesterday morning I weighed 192.2.

20 pounds in 13 weeks. It would have been more, but I had to take some antihistamines through January, and they stalled me. I literally lost a month of weight loss time, and STILL LOST 20 POUNDS.

I am the lowest I've been in six years. In another 11 pounds, I'll be lighter than I've been since 1998.

I'm not rockin' JUDDD, it's rockin' ME. And I love it.

So thanks again, everyone here. YOU made the difference, just by being here for me to lurk and learn.

Last edited by Spank'd; 02-17-2012 at 03:11 PM..
Spank'd is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2012, 03:29 PM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: andi2508
Thats awesome!
andi2508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 03:36 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mattsmama
Stats: 188/129.2/135 5'8" 42 yo
Start Date: JUDDD-11/11 to present (LC-5/11-11/11)
Incredible!! I feel your frustration with the Atkins stall, and I am so thrilled you found the "magic". What a wonderful thing it will be to watch you succeed, and we will all be here to cheer you on!

Last edited by mattsmama; 02-17-2012 at 03:37 PM..
mattsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 03:47 PM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spank'd View Post
Hi everyone!

So thanks again, everyone here. YOU made the difference, just by being here for me to lurk and learn.
this! I love your enthusiasm and I'm so happy and proud for you!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 04:55 PM   #5

Gallery: Pami
WOE: LC JUDDD

Looking forward to reading more about your success!!
Pami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 05:05 PM   #6

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
Fantastic! What great weight loss! You're doing so great!!
Luna Loca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 05:11 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: theredhead
Stats: 229/152/150
WOE: Atkins/hCG/maintaining EASILY with JUDDD
Start Date: 09/04/03
I'm so glad you came out of "lurkdom" to let us know of your success! KUTGW!
theredhead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 05:26 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
Brava!
b_lou_who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 05:54 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Thanks again, all. I will post when I have something significant to add, or can offer any nuggets.

Paying it forward is another way to say thank you.

And I'll consider myself truly successful one year after starting maintenance.
Old 02-17-2012, 07:59 PM   #10
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: marley
Stats: 155/132/120 - 5'5"
WOE: Pescetarian/LC
Start Date: LC (Jun 2006) JUDDD (Oct 2011)
Great post - I'm sure it hits a nerve with many of us!

As an aside, I really like the way you write!
marley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 08:21 PM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
So glad you came out of lurkdom to share. And WTG on the weight loss! Hope you'll stick around now with us.
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 10:44 PM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MintQ8
Stats: 264.6 (restart 260.2)/255/140
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: 6 May 2014
Excellent - we all need to hear this type of news!!

Thanks for coming out of Lurkdom to share!
MintQ8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 12:33 AM   #13
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Speck333
WOE: Semi-Primal
Nice to meet ya!
Speck333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 12:41 AM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Isn't it awesome to talk about "one year of maintenance" and believe it is going to happen? Stick with us, Spank'd. You are part of this community and we need your wit & wisdom! Total Welcome and congratulations on your - already - great success!
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 04:52 AM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: itsmeshelly01
Stats: 260/150/162
Start Date: eating lowcarb since 2005

so glad you came out of lurkdom!!! There are wonderful people here, dont be shy.
itsmeshelly01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 09:07 AM   #16

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Wow, what a great read. I am so thrilled that you have lost so well on this wonderful diet.

Thank you for sharing and being an inspiration to others. Please pop back in to the WHooHoo thread to share this and your future success.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 10:31 AM   #17
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Awesome, Spank'd! Thanks for coming out of lurkdom to play with us and for sharing your story! Great to hear your success and joy on this woe so far, and I know it will continue. my new JUDDD bud!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 12:01 PM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
What a great first post...welcome to Juddd

I understand your frustration, I did Atkins for 6 months, and lost nothing...its so hard to see everyone else doing well, when you are doing the same as them with no results

Looking forward to sharing your journey to your goal....and beyond!

hugs
Jo
x
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 04:27 PM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pjsam1156
WOE: JUDDD for life, baby!!
Start Date: Feb 2009; RESTART: Nov. 2011 as EX-LCer
Spank'd!
It's so great that JUDDD is working so well for you. I feel EVERYONE gets to a certain Atkins "stall point," eventually. The magic of JUDDD and the fact that it keeps the metabolism guessing is something that is not seen in most other WOEs. Hence, stalls and regains abound.
Glad you came out of lurkdom! Keep us posted!!
pjsam1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 01:00 PM   #20
Senior LCF Member

This is what I'm talkin' about. Just the complete and utter support of the ladies here is what makes me keep coming back to check on everyone's progress.

Yes, it's like coming out of a long, dark tunnel with no end when I can not only say, but BELIEVE I'm getting to goal that makes the difference here.

17 years is an extremely long time to keep trying different methods. To keep looking for a way to lose the weight. To reclaim the body I left behind so very long ago. Regaining it as it was is not going to happen, too many years have passed.

I weep for my younger self who got encased in so much fat and hopelessness for so very long. I feel badly for my daughter and my current husband, who only got brief glimpses of me at a lower weight, but still only saw me at 30-40 pounds overweight.

So many conflicting theories are a huge part of the problem. I believed the approach about eating many small meals a day. I believed the approach about eating low fat. I believed the approach about eating low carb. I believed the approach that THIS PILL will absolutely, positively work and take the fat OFF!OFF!OFF! I believed that sweating to the oldies would work. I believed that using weights would work. I believed if I kept my calories lower than my intake and did HIIT, it would work.

Again, I say... 17 years.

From 34 to 50 years old.

What the heck is wrong with this picture? I'm healthy. I have no allergies to food. I have good muscle tone. I just could not shed this weight.

I'm still not sure Johnson has it right. His book and web site have too many holes to be completely airtight with the science. His huckstering of Resveratrol makes me want to smack him upside the head and ask him why he, of all people, is trying to make money off people who are desperate. (I felt the same way about the directions Atkins had gone, even before his death.)

But then came this site, and the ladies who showed me how it's done. Until now, I kept off the forum because I'd been on weight loss forums for years, and last time, once the weight loss crawled to a halt, I got all sorts of advice that frankly, should never have been given. It pointed me in a direction that made me doubt my health and blame my body, when (unknown to me until recently) it was still simply a matter of finding the right approach. The end result of this advice killed my spirit, made me conclude dieting was no longer worth the effort if my body wasn't going to get the medical attention it "needed", and quickly put me in a depression.

There are still a few trust issues from those days. But this is a new forum, none of the old names are here (it was a different forum completely), and I will never again fall victim to bad advice, even if given with a good heart.

Which is why I wanted to see for myself if JUDDD worked. All by myself, without muddying the waters with good intentions.

And now I deemed it time to reveal how much good you ladies have done, without even realizing it. I'm sure there are more like me, watching and seeing if this can be something they can do, and more, whether it will work FOR THEM.

It can, and it will. Just see if it won't.

And my screen name? Spank'd, because that's what diets did to me before. I'd just feel spanked, and punished like a little kid.

Last edited by Spank'd; 02-19-2012 at 01:10 PM..
Old 02-19-2012, 01:04 PM   #21

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Hi everyone!

Nobody's seen me around these parts before, but I thought I'd finally own up to you all being so extremely helpful in getting my weight loss back on track.

Yes, I owe it to those of you who have reached maintenance, and the way you really have so much enthusiasm for JUDDDing.

I too am an Atkid, and at times past, a pretty rabid one. I knew Atkins was the way to go, and kept at it, and kept at it,... and... kept.... at... it... until it really just became too much effort for too little return.

I'd watch everyone get to goal. I'd be so unhappy and yes, angry, that I couldn't do what seemed so easy for everyone else. I worked just as hard. I sweat in workouts too. I cut out whatever the Atkins gurus said to do. Whatever. Everyone else lost weight but me, no matter WHAT I did.

After a year of steady weight loss, it got bad. The next 8 months I only lost 8 pounds, even by working out, eating clean, using supplements, trying all sorts of voodoo... it just depressed the heck outta me. In 2006 I pretty much gave up trying to lose weight.

So, mid-2011, my stepdaughter wants someone to diet with. Keeps asking me. I keep saying I'm not in a good place emotionally to diet. You really have to have your game on to lose 80 pounds, yanno?

So I go and get a bodybugg in July and strap it on. It shows my calorie burn, and I use it to keep calories under what I'm burning. Simple, right? But it's not. I am losing literally no weight. July to October, I lost a grand total of 8 pounds, to 221. So now I'm totally stressed again.

October 20, I restarted Atkins Induction, because no other diet even came close to letting me shed pounds. By the end of two weeks, I lost another 8 pounds, and got to 213. And then the stalling started again. Two and a half weeks later, on November 14, still at 213, I started the Alternate-Day Diet. JUDDD.

I was skeptical, and rightfully so. I've been through 17 years of dieting on and off, and yo-yo'd without ever getting even NEAR goal once. Not even close.

So now I'm here to tell you, plain and simple. Yeah, it works. I eat 500ish on my down days, and 1900-2000 on my up.

Today I weigh 192.6, after an up day. Yesterday morning I weighed 192.2.

20 pounds in 13 weeks. It would have been more, but I had to take some antihistamines through January, and they stalled me. I literally lost a month of weight loss time, and STILL LOST 20 POUNDS.

I am the lowest I've been in six years. In another 11 pounds, I'll be lighter than I've been since 1998.

What a wonderful and exciting story! Glad JUDDD is working so well for you. It works wonderfully for most folks. You get the numbers right and stick to them, and the magic usually happens.

I expect you can ride this all the way to goal weight, and then you'll be another one who has to keep increasing calories to prevent more weight loss than you had intended. LOL

If you can do JUDDD for weight loss..... You're going to LOVE maintenance!
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 02:21 PM   #22

Quote:
This is what I'm talkin' about. Just the complete and utter support of the ladies here is what makes me keep coming back to check on everyone's progress.

I weep for my younger self who got encased in so much fat and hopelessness for so very long. I feel badly for my daughter and my current husband, who only got brief glimpses of me at a lower weight, but still only saw me at 30-40 pounds overweight.

But then came this site, and the ladies who showed me how it's done.

And now I deemed it time to reveal how much good you ladies have done, without even realizing it. I'm sure there are more like me, watching and seeing if this can be something they can do, and more, whether it will work FOR THEM.

And my screen name? Spank'd, because that's what diets did to me before. I'd just feel spanked, and punished like a little kid.
Spank'd, you are almost my alter ego. I wasted so many years struggling with my size. I loved Atkins (though not the 'buy me' part) and it almost worked. And yet for the past 3 or 4 years I could not get back to my goal weight, no matter what I tried.

Like you, I started to see JUDDD mentioned here and there, and eventually looked into these threads. What an amazing group of women. What an amazingly simple answer to our weight problems.

But like you, there is now way I am going to be sold Resvetrol (can't even remember how to spell it!).

I have loved reading your post. Please forgive me for editing it here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
What a wonderful and exciting story! Glad JUDDD is working so well for you. It works wonderfully for most folks. You get the numbers right and stick to them, and the magic usually happens.

I expect you can ride this all the way to goal weight, and then you'll be another one who has to keep increasing calories to prevent more weight loss than you had intended. LOL

Spank'd ,you won't need me to tell you that ^^^this^^^ lady is one of the very, very special people who makes these threads so powerful. Pat, you have been a true guru, to me, and to so many people here.

Thank you from us all.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.

Last edited by Kissa; 02-19-2012 at 02:23 PM..
Old 02-19-2012, 02:25 PM   #23

Quote:

But then came this site, and the ladies who showed me how it's done.

Spank'd, you are almost my alter ego. I wasted so many years struggling with my size. I loved Atkins (though not the 'buy me' part) and it almost worked. And yet for the past 3 or 4 years I could not get back to my goal weight, no matter what I tried.

Like you, I started to see JUDDD mentioned here and there, and eventually looked into these threads. What an amazing group of women. What an amazingly simple answer to our weight problems.

But like you, there is now way I am going to be sold Resveratrol.

I have loved reading your post. Please forgive me for editing it here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post

Spank'd ,you won't need me to tell you that ^^^this^^^ lady is one of the very, very special people who makes these threads so powerful. Pat, you have been a true guru, to me, and to so many people here.

Thank you from us all.
Old 02-19-2012, 06:08 PM   #24
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Spank'd!!! Thank you so much for paying it forward! I am a beginner to JUDDD who has had success losing at other weight loss plans, but can't seem to keep it off and maintain. So I yo-yo. I am thrilled to hear of your success and glad to know you are sticking around!
I am very excited to see JUDDD magic work for me!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 06:53 PM   #25
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Actually, GREAT POST!! Thanks so much for delurking and being willing to put yourself out there to inspire and motivate all of us, Spank'd!

I for one am looking forward to many more good "reads" to be written by you.

Oh, and !!!!
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 08:52 AM   #26
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: dasiey
Awesome
dasiey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:03 AM   #27
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Alcestis
Stats: 210/157/155 5' 8"
Start Date: December 13th, 2011
Actually, good THREAD! Glad you're with us, Spank'd.
Alcestis is offline   Reply With Quote