Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   JUDDD makes for more free time!!! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/758233-juddd-makes-more-free-time.html)

Grace 02-17-2012 06:24 AM

JUDDD makes for more free time!!!

I've just realized how much more free time I have now that I'm Juddding instead of low-carbing. I used to spend hours looking at low carb recipes on the internet trying to find suitable substitutes for "forbidden" foods. Then there were all the hours I spent in the kitchen making my own low-carb bread, hoisin sauce, barbeque sauce, etc and cleaning up the mess. I know that every low-carber isn't necessarily spending as much time as I was because some are content with just a protein and a salad - easy peasy. But I love to cook and peruse recipes and try new things. Now I cook every other day which means cleaning the kitchen time has been slashed in half, I glance at this board first thing in the morning to see how everyone is doing and then I'm FREE for the day! I'm so in love with this new feeling of freedom from restriction and obsession with food! My next goal is to get some of that free time working for me in the form of exercise.

KeirasMom 02-17-2012 06:25 AM

What a great realization! Congratulations!

sophiethecat 02-17-2012 06:44 AM

Congrats, Grace! :hugs: I also love that I don't have to spend extra time experimenting with LC recipes that may not turn out right or taste right, but can use my old tried-and-true recipes or am free to try out any recipe I want! :jumpjoy:

Eieio 02-17-2012 06:53 AM

Hearrey hear ry.
Yes that's how I felt. Was trying to cook for myself. Finally gave up on bread like food.
It was always gross and some times the chickens would ate it. Expensive to boot.

Grace 02-17-2012 06:58 AM

Ya'll are exactly right about the cost of some lc failures! I've certainly had my share of those! I really hadn't thought about the money saving feature not only of ingredients but of DH and me eating only half the time! Woohoo! More money for new smaller clothes!!!:jumpjoy:

gotsomeold 02-17-2012 11:12 AM

Post on the non-scale victories or the whoo hoo's!!! With all the money and energy you are saving on DD, we expect nothing less than gourmet wonders on UD!!! :clap::clap:

Loretta V 02-17-2012 12:05 PM

I am new to Juddd but I too love the time and food it saves. Also not having so many dishes to do. It might be easier for me since I am single and don't have anyone else to cook for.

JanetTN 02-18-2012 06:29 AM

I also love the savings in money and time. My favorite thing is not having to look at the eye rolls or listen to the "oh great.....another one of mom's diet food experiments" ever again.

gotsomeold 02-18-2012 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JanetTN (Post 15426264)
I also love the savings in money and time. My favorite thing is not having to look at the eye rolls or listen to the "oh great.....another one of mom's diet food experiments" ever again.

:jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy: