Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   JUDDD hasn't failed me, I've failed JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/757993-juddd-hasnt-failed-me-ive-failed-juddd.html)

cammie 02-15-2012 07:55 AM

JUDDD hasn't failed me, I've failed JUDDD

I have been experimenting for the past few weeks to see if this way of eating will help me with maintenance. It has been going all right, and I've certainly found the down days much easier than I expected. The up days have been very challenging though because I have tended to overeat a bit. I prefer to stay low carb so eating higher carb foods was never a factor for me. It was mainly the idea of being able to eat 1600 calories in a day and NOT gaining weight that I was looking forward to! I've been an emotional binge eater for years and was warned by several people that it's not a good plan for me because of that.

What I have decided is that the up/down schedule doesn't really fit into my life as well as I would have liked. I feel like I do much better with down(ish) days Monday to Thursday and then three up(ish) days for the weekend and that's not at all what Dr. Johnson intended.

I have learned that the occasional day of very low calories feels good and that I quite like skipping a few meals here and there (IF style). I've also learned that two lower calorie days in a row will provoke a huge calorie backlash, LOL!

So I've enjoyed playing around with this WOE but don't think it's for me in the long term. It was another learning experience, and it's been one with a lot of positive experiences!

sophiethecat 02-15-2012 08:13 AM

Glad you gave it a good shot, Cam! :hugs: No plan is perfect for everyone all the time, and so it's good to experiment and see what works for you. Stick around to chat if you'd like - you're always welcome here! Let us know how you're getting along in maintenance. Don't be a stranger. :hugs:

DD80 02-15-2012 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cammie (Post 15418483)
I have been experimenting for the past few weeks to see if this way of eating will help me with maintenance. It has been going all right, and I've certainly found the down days much easier than I expected. The up days have been very challenging though because I have tended to overeat a bit. I prefer to stay low carb so eating higher carb foods was never a factor for me. It was mainly the idea of being able to eat 1600 calories in a day and NOT gaining weight that I was looking forward to! I've been an emotional binge eater for years and was warned by several people that it's not a good plan for me because of that.

What I have decided is that the up/down schedule doesn't really fit into my life as well as I would have liked. I feel like I do much better with down(ish) days Monday to Thursday and then three up(ish) days for the weekend and that's not at all what Dr. Johnson intended.

I have learned that the occasional day of very low calories feels good and that I quite like skipping a few meals here and there (IF style). I've also learned that two lower calorie days in a row will provoke a huge calorie backlash, LOL!

So I've enjoyed playing around with this WOE but don't think it's for me in the long term. It was another learning experience, and it's been one with a lot of positive experiences!

All we can do is try! I'm glad you tried it! It seems like you learned something about how YOU eat and what is comfortable for you along the way. That's great! :high5:

gotsomeold 02-15-2012 10:01 AM

You have not failed anything!!!

I am glad the JUDDD experiment taught you more about yourself. The more we know about ourselves, the better and longer and happier our weight loss and maintenance will be.

Don't be a stranger :shake:

Speck333 02-15-2012 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotsomeold (Post 15418929)
You have not failed anything!!!

I am glad the JUDDD experiment taught you more about yourself. The more we know about ourselves, the better and longer and happier our weight loss and maintenance will be.

Don't be a stranger :shake:

:goodpost: