Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2012, 07:09 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: fleur
WOE: one toe into starting JUDD
Start Date: 1/18/2012
Difficulty w/DDs pre TOM?

I'm 53 and just going through my first week pre TOM since starting on JUDDD a little over 3 weeks ago. That pre TOM week has often been a very TIRED time for me for quite a while now.

I had been doing very well getting through the DDs recently, but on Saturday I was having difficulty keeping to my calorie limit (only trying to go as low as 650-700 and have a lot to lose), then gave in and went into MD territory and well into UD calories. I did another UD the following day, then a DD yesterday (but only able to keep it to 800 calories). I'm feeling tired and should have TOM in a day or two.

Has anyone else experienced this and does it get easier to cope with the DDs on that week of the month? My energy had improved significantly before this week because of JUDDD.

Thanks for any responses.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-2012, 07:36 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vilanteira
Stats: in maintenance
WOE: juddd/lower carb
Start Date: low carb: 2008, juddd: 10/24/11
I've gone through 3 full cycles since I started JUDDD, and for me, it never gets easier during those couple days pre-TOM. I usually have the same problem around OV time as well, so it's actually twice a month for me. Ah, the joys of being a woman! I do try my best to keep calories within my limits but will also tell myself to be ok with it if I go up into MD calories on a DD and over the limit on an UD during those couple days of the month.

I'm sure this was happening before JUDDD when I was just low carbing, but now I'm much more aware of my body and hunger due to the calorie limits. I never counted anything except carbs when low carbing so I had no idea if I was actually eating more from one day to another.

You are definitely not alone though, and knowing this about ourselves at least helps us prepare for it when it comes every month.

Last edited by vilanteira; 02-14-2012 at 07:38 PM..
vilanteira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 07:38 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Have you been happy with your losses on JUDDD, Vilanteira?
fleur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 07:39 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vilanteira
Stats: in maintenance
WOE: juddd/lower carb
Start Date: low carb: 2008, juddd: 10/24/11
I've definitely been really happy with my losses! I stalled with no losses at all for 5 months while doing vlc this past year, and have lost 15 lbs so far on JUDDD. It's a dream come true for me.

Last edited by vilanteira; 02-14-2012 at 07:40 PM..
vilanteira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 07:45 PM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Yes!!! During these times, it's all I can do not to eat the house down!

I don't know if it will get better or not. I thought I had a slightly better time with it this month though simply because I was aware this time that it was hormones causing me to become a ravenous beast. Before I wasn't as aware of the cycles affecting my appetite and my body, but I quickly saw a pattern emerge on JUDDD. I've become more body aware.

On LC, I usually sailed along in calm ketosis, but I seem to recall hungrier times that got hold of me, and times where I was craving carbs, and I bet those were the hormonal monster at my door then too.

During these hormonal times on JUDDD, I allow extra calories on DD and pray the worst of it hits me on FD! lol.

You are definitely not alone!
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!

Last edited by sophiethecat; 02-14-2012 at 07:47 PM..
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 07:53 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for the support, ladies . We are all in this together. I really depend on the help I get on these boards. Don't know how I could keep up this WOE without it.
fleur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 10:48 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
Yes!!! During these times, it's all I can do not to eat the house down!

I don't know if it will get better or not. I thought I had a slightly better time with it this month though simply because I was aware this time that it was hormones causing me to become a ravenous beast. Before I wasn't as aware of the cycles affecting my appetite and my body, but I quickly saw a pattern emerge on JUDDD. I've become more body aware.

On LC, I usually sailed along in calm ketosis, but I seem to recall hungrier times that got hold of me, and times where I was craving carbs, and I bet those were the hormonal monster at my door then too.

During these hormonal times on JUDDD, I allow extra calories on DD and pray the worst of it hits me on FD! lol.

You are definitely not alone!
Thats so me....I just get over the OV starvation and gain....then I get hit by the Tom lots...its hard to be a woman (but the clothes are better!)

hugs
Jo
x
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 11:36 AM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: JUDDD
I love black tea but it does not love me. It makes me violently sick if I drink it with nothing in my tummy. Coffee gives me appetite suppression without the nausea Oh, but my english childhood makes me miss tea with milk. When I was in England and Ireland this fall, I loved my full english brekkies with tea with milk and sugar. yum.
ouizoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 01:38 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Yep, tom hungry beasties find me too. Knowing it's going to happen helps, as does giving yourself permission to have more cals if you need them. You may not use them, but having them available seems to help somehow.
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 01:49 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mommie22boys
Stats: 211/199/135 5'5.5"
WOE: Paleo/ JUDDD
Start Date: Originally 6/7/07, Now 4/1/13
Yep! Those two days right before TOM strikes can seem like a feeding frenzy!

What I have started doing is just taking it easy on myself mentally. If I end up over my calorie limit, I don't beat myself up. If I just HAVE to eat something even though I'm out of calories, I have it. No biggie. JUDDD is so forgiving that I've not really noticed that my weight-loss is suffering because of this. In fact, I have a tendency to have a nice little drop on the scale in the first day or two of TOM, even with the feeding-frenzy-style eating.

You know the laws of dieting. All gains are water weight. All losses are of fat! --SoHappy
Mommie22boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 06:33 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: synger
Stats: Start: 310 Current: 259
WOE: Calorie and carb counting, IR Diet framework
Start Date: IR/PCOS: Dx pre-diabetic 3/2010
pre-TOM sees me with DDs closer to 600-700 calories, mostly due to needing a bit more fat to keep me satisfied. A slice of cream cheese. A spoonful of peanut butter. A cup of tea with some cream. Otherwise I will eat the house down!
synger is offline   Reply With Quote