Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2012, 04:45 PM   #211
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MargeGunderson
Stats: 178/130/120
WOE: LC; LG, no wheat, VVLS(ugar)
Start Date: Feb. 1, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Just testing then?
Actually I get in, buckle up, start the car, start to back out then suddenly remember it's in my pocket. Then I do that exact same thing nearly time I get in, even several in one day. Which made the old way that much more irritating – now it's just another pleasant reminder of how well this is going!

Congrats to everyone with your milestones! Inspiring and exciting to read about them all!

Oh, and this woman who lives in my mom's senior apartment complex congratulated me today and said she can see I've lost a lot. Friends have said it a couple of times, but when it's someone who had no idea you were trying, you can't write it off to charity no matter how cynical you are.

Then she added, "You know, normally I would never ask such a thing because you never know when it might be something medically scary, but you just look so healthy and alive and so much more energy than I've ever seen you have, I was sure it couldn't possibly be anything bad!"

I managed not to grab her in a huge bear hug which is probably good; who knows how strong these spinach-fueled Popeye arms have gotten along the way?

Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2012, 05:13 PM   #212
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by MargeGunderson View Post
Actually I get in, buckle up, start the car, start to back out then suddenly remember it's in my pocket. Then I do that exact same thing nearly time I get in, even several in one day. Which made the old way that much more irritating – now it's just another pleasant reminder of how well this is going!

Congrats to everyone with your milestones! Inspiring and exciting to read about them all!

Oh, and this woman who lives in my mom's senior apartment complex congratulated me today and said she can see I've lost a lot. Friends have said it a couple of times, but when it's someone who had no idea you were trying, you can't write it off to charity no matter how cynical you are.

Then she added, "You know, normally I would never ask such a thing because you never know when it might be something medically scary, but you just look so healthy and alive and so much more energy than I've ever seen you have, I was sure it couldn't possibly be anything bad!"

I managed not to grab her in a huge bear hug which is probably good; who knows how strong these spinach-fueled Popeye arms have gotten along the way?
Wooowww!! I this and that lady!!!

Great job, Marge. I must have missed your intro post - so sorry, but wanted to you!
Old 03-21-2012, 07:53 PM   #213
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lianora Mosswood
Stats: 165/121/115 5'3" 54 yrs
WOE: locarb primal juddd
Start Date: January 2011
Best NSV I Can Think Of!

One of the things I learned between Atkins and Paleo was what foods work for me and what foods are toxic for me, and that was a big NSV. Then even though I did not follow the Leptin reset, it got me to really thinking about snacking, so I don't do that anymore--another big win!

But JUDDD! What I am learning here is all about my relationship with food: when I eat, why I eat, what I eat and why I eat it, what hungry means. . . this list goes on. I'll bet most of you can identify with the idea that you have had a "bad relationship" with food, and trying to break up with it is darn hard.

My biggest NSV, finally, at age 53, is that I have a new food relationship that is based on respect, health, understanding and an occasional naughty indulgence!
Old 03-22-2012, 03:27 AM   #214
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Oh, this is such a happy thread! So many wonderful things are happening to so many wonderful people.

Lianora, I think I know exactly what you mean! Food as a BFF I understand and am comfortable around is a newly discovered, but I think enduring, pleasure.

My latest adventure:
Yesterday I stopped into the grocery on my way to lunch with friends. I was charging out of the store in my usual, subtle manner - grinning at everyone I met because the day was gorgeous and it was my UD, and traveling about mach 10. An older gent (my age) on his way in, stepped in front of me (only way to slow me down) and said, "Do you know how beautiful you are? Whatever you are doing, keep doing it!"

Wow. I love JUDDD.
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.

Last edited by gotsomeold; 03-22-2012 at 03:33 AM..
Old 03-22-2012, 04:21 AM   #215
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Alcestis
Stats: 210/160/155 5' 8"
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: December 13th, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
My latest adventure:
Yesterday I stopped into the grocery on my way to lunch with friends. I was charging out of the store in my usual, subtle manner - grinning at everyone I met because the day was gorgeous and it was my UD, and traveling about mach 10. An older gent (my age) on his way in, stepped in front of me (only way to slow me down) and said, "Do you know how beautiful you are? Whatever you are doing, keep doing it!"

Wow. I love JUDDD.
I love it!!! I can totally imagine this scene - and that gentleman was right!
Old 03-22-2012, 05:29 AM   #216
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcestis View Post
I love it!!! I can totally imagine this scene - and that gentleman was right!
Ditto!!
Old 03-22-2012, 05:29 AM   #217
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lianora Mosswood View Post
One of the things I learned between Atkins and Paleo was what foods work for me and what foods are toxic for me, and that was a big NSV. Then even though I did not follow the Leptin reset, it got me to really thinking about snacking, so I don't do that anymore--another big win!

But JUDDD! What I am learning here is all about my relationship with food: when I eat, why I eat, what I eat and why I eat it, what hungry means. . . this list goes on. I'll bet most of you can identify with the idea that you have had a "bad relationship" with food, and trying to break up with it is darn hard.

My biggest NSV, finally, at age 53, is that I have a new food relationship that is based on respect, health, understanding and an occasional naughty indulgence!
This is very cool! Congrats!
Old 03-22-2012, 06:59 AM   #218
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Eieio
Stats: 155/140/130 (130)
WOE: Atkin, JUDDD
Start Date: Dec-10
Finding all of u is my NSV.
Lucky me. Smile and hugs to all
Yes I'm on my JUDDD high circling the airport!
Old 03-22-2012, 06:59 AM   #219
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Eieio
Stats: 155/140/130 (130)
WOE: Atkin, JUDDD
Start Date: Dec-10
With tons of coffee on board.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:01 AM   #220
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Lianora, I love your post. I am learning the lesson, very late in life, that this occasional feeling of hunger is just fine. I am not going to die.

Nancy, what a wonderful NSV! And yes, of course he is right. You are beautiful in every way.

Love you Eieio.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:08 AM   #221
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eieio View Post
Finding all of u is my NSV.
Lucky me. Smile and hugs to all
Yes I'm on my JUDDD high circling the airport!
your post made my day! So sweet! Luv you, EI! And that last bit so funny, I'm just imagining it.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:11 AM   #222
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MintQ8
Stats: 264.6 (restart 260.2)/255/140
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: 6 May 2014
Nancy - how wonderful - that sort of thing really gives you a great high!!

For me today - just as he was off to bed (I have to stay up late to watch my rubbish on telly!) - he quickly poked his head back round the bedroom door and said you're looking smaller!

I love my dh!!!
Old 03-22-2012, 07:23 AM   #223

You got a good one, VIcky.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:33 AM   #224
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

AWWWW Vicky.

I knew all those vanishing inches had to be showing! A spouse (chuckle, it works both ways) who notices and says something is worth his weight in dark chocolate!
Old 03-22-2012, 08:04 AM   #225
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
Honestly, these posts bring sweet tears to my eyes. I hearing the happiness and joy in your cyber voices. It truly inspires me so much,

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargeGunderson View Post

What could be better than looking healthy and alive and full of energy. What an awesome thing to say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lianora Mosswood View Post

I am right there with you! This is such a HUGE NSV for so many of us. I have hated food and loved food in my life and finally am feeling comfortable in my relationship with it.
Quote:
Oh, this is such a happy thread! So many wonderful things are happening to so many wonderful people.

My latest adventure:

Wow. I love JUDDD.
OMG! Next time that happens, could you slip the guy my phone number and tell him you know another available lady who is JUDDING? Congrats, that is just fantastic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MintQ8 View Post

For me today - just as he was off to bed (I have to stay up late to watch my rubbish on telly!) - he quickly poked his head back round the bedroom door and said you're looking smaller!

I love my dh!!!
I love your DH too. What a wonderful man to give you such kudos.

I am so happy for everyone!
Old 03-22-2012, 08:17 AM   #226

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Great NSVs here! You all rock!
Old 03-22-2012, 08:32 AM   #227

Gallery: Momto2boysNJ
Stats: 2 be Physically Fit
WOE: LC for ME!
My size 13 shorts from last summer fit

DH's NSV is kind of a scale victory. He's been doing a Biggest Loser Challenge since January some time. This week, after doing Judd for 2 dd & 1 ud - won the challenge this week.
Old 03-22-2012, 09:48 AM   #228
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DD80
Stats: 188/165.0/145 5'10"
WOE: Organic GrassFed Gluten-Free 5/13 Dairy Free 2/14
Start Date: 1/10/12 Medi, 2/9/12 First UD, 1/1/13 New Plan
The pants I'm wearing today I only bought a few months ago but I them so much! They are long enough to wear heels with, a light grey color, they don't need to be ironed, and even always have a crease.

Today, however, I noticed a little "BPS." Ok, it's not so bad. But, it's weird how the butt get saggy for all of us though, you know? We all have weight to lose in different areas, yet, butt always gets saggy first. Isn't that weird?

Ok, so that's not the real NSV. I have "SCS." What is SCS, you ask?

.....Saggy Crotch Syndrome......

How does this even happen? How does one lose weight in their crotch? Riddle me that!!!!

NSV yes, but I LOVE these pants!

Oh, and ETA to add a to all the fellow NSVers! Keep the stories coming! I may not comment on all of them, but I read them and continue to be inspired by them!

Last edited by DD80; 03-22-2012 at 09:50 AM..
Old 03-22-2012, 11:10 AM   #229
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

DD you may have to start buying clothing in a too-small size - just so they will fit by the time you get home from shopping.
Old 03-22-2012, 11:54 AM   #230
Blabbermouth!!!

Aww, great hubby, Mint!

Congrats to you AND your hubby, Susan!

DD, it feels weird to congratulate you on your saggy crotch, but we have to find these joys where we can! Really, you are doing a wonderful job, and I think you better enjoy your pants while you can cause smaller sizes are on the horizon.
Old 03-22-2012, 12:00 PM   #231

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
Quote:

Lianora, I think I know exactly what you mean! Food as a BFF I understand and am comfortable around is a newly discovered, but I think enduring, pleasure.

My latest adventure:

Wow. I love JUDDD.
Love this!!
Old 03-22-2012, 12:27 PM   #232

Saggy crutch!
Old 03-22-2012, 12:31 PM   #233
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DD80
Stats: 188/165.0/145 5'10"
WOE: Organic GrassFed Gluten-Free 5/13 Dairy Free 2/14
Start Date: 1/10/12 Medi, 2/9/12 First UD, 1/1/13 New Plan
Quote:
DD you may have to start buying clothing in a too-small size - just so they will fit by the time you get home from shopping.
It's a good thing that I have 4 different sizes of pants in my close at any given time. I just got rid of a few of my biggest sizes. I really never want to be in them again!

And Sophie, thank you and I agree that yes...totally weird to congratulate on my new "thin crotch." Seriously....it doesn't even make sense.

Kissa - I know, right? It's hilarious!
Old 03-22-2012, 01:31 PM   #234
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
What a great bunch of NSV"s !! Could NOT be happier for everyone.:

Phyl
Old 03-22-2012, 05:46 PM   #235
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lianora Mosswood
Stats: 165/121/115 5'3" 54 yrs
WOE: locarb primal juddd
Start Date: January 2011
I love these posts!
Old 03-22-2012, 05:56 PM   #236
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Mommywithplenty
WOE: JDDD,low carb due to allergies
Start Date: March 2012
Currently I don't fave a working scale(thanks kids!) but I have just started 4 days ago and my bloating is gone I can wear a shirt I was unable to a 2 weeks ago! So excited about this diet!
Old 03-23-2012, 06:06 AM   #237

Well 'Mommy', who need a scale when you can literally see yourself shrinking like that?

My NSV was in my Aerobic/toning class this morning. This is possibly the toughest of all the class I go to, I do a wide variety.

Anyway, I was flying around, dancing my heart out and grinning as I went, when I looked around the studio at the other class members. I was the only one smiling.

I am almost certainly the oldest in the class and I keep up with them all which is great, but I seem to be the only one LOVING it.

I just love my life, thanks JUDDD, Juddd Buddds and the smiley fairy who sits on my shoulder.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.
Old 03-23-2012, 08:52 AM   #238

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
Quote:
Well 'Mommy', who need a scale when you can literally see yourself shrinking like that?

My NSV was in my Aerobic/toning class this morning. This is possibly the toughest of all the class I go to, I do a wide variety.

Anyway, I was flying around, dancing my heart out and grinning as I went, when I looked around the studio at the other class members. I was the only one smiling.

I am almost certainly the oldest in the class and I keep up with them all which is great, but I seem to be the only one LOVING it.

I just love my life, thanks JUDDD, Juddd Buddds and the smiley fairy who sits on my shoulder.
LOVE this!! Keep on grinnin', you've got lots to grin about!!
Old 03-23-2012, 08:59 AM   #239
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
Quote:

Cindy, you just make me smile all the time. You are so full of life, so happy, so energetic, so positive. I just wanted you to know that you make me feel happy with your posts. I am not far behind you in age, and you truly inspire me. I think, hey maybe I can be like Cindy!! Thanks.
Old 03-23-2012, 10:30 AM   #240
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: 2BoysMom
Stats: Too pissed to talk about it
WOE: Keeping it simple- Hi Fat, Mod Protein and Lo Carb
Start Date: 1.26.2004 - 1st time. This time 1.1.2014
My husband curled up around me the other night (spoon style) and said...."wow, your butt IS smaller!"
Closed Thread