Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2012, 11:49 AM   #91
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Gee!

Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2012, 01:57 AM   #92
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
On lc, I noticed my acid reflux almost went away.

On JUDDD, I am eating most of my carbs as leafy veggies. But I am testing individual starchy and sweet foods. By keeping each food stand-alone, I am beginning to isolate what causes my acid reflux to return.

Looks like wheat gluten is high on the lost. Sigh, I may be a poster child for Wheat Belly. And I do so love my sister's homemade bread .
Old 03-05-2012, 05:24 AM   #93

Maybe it is worth a little acid reflux now and again to eat a little homemade bread...

Great class at the gym to today. I am doing jumping jacks again. Havent been able to do them for years, used to kill my knees.
Old 03-05-2012, 07:01 AM   #94
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DD80
Stats: 188/165.0/145 5'10"
WOE: Organic GrassFed Gluten-Free 5/13 Dairy Free 2/14
Start Date: 1/10/12 Medi, 2/9/12 First UD, 1/1/13 New Plan
Non scale victory - I hae successfully limited sweets to every other day! This is huge for me. Now, I may go overboard on them on UDs, but I'm not having them on DDs at all. HUGE!
Old 03-05-2012, 07:59 AM   #95
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
Honestly, these NS victories inspire me so much. Today is a DD, and I always read this thread on DD's to help me remember the benefits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post

On JUDDD, I am eating most of my carbs as leafy veggies. But I am testing individual starchy and sweet foods. By keeping each food stand-alone, I am beginning to isolate what causes my acid reflux to return.

Looks like wheat gluten is high on the lost. Sigh, I may be a poster child for Wheat Belly. And I do so love my sister's homemade bread .
I am your twin poster child. Can't tolerate the wheat. I hope I get to the point of taking in carbs that are mostly veggies. I make more LC treats than I want to be eating. Good going!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Maybe it is worth a little acid reflux now and again to eat a little homemade bread...

Great class at the gym to today. I am doing jumping jacks again. Havent been able to do them for years, used to kill my knees.
THAT is promising. I haven't done a jumping jack since high school. Here's the only kind I can do-

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD80 View Post
Non scale victory - I hae successfully limited sweets to every other day! This is huge for me. Now, I may go overboard on them on UDs, but I'm not having them on DDs at all. HUGE!
Ok, you've inspired me. I am going to try limiting sweets to every other up day.

Awesome!!!
Old 03-05-2012, 08:07 AM   #96
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sungoddess View Post
Honestly, these NS victories inspire me so much. Today is a DD, and I always read this thread on DD's to help me remember the benefits.

I am your twin poster child. Can't tolerate the wheat. I hope I get to the point of taking in carbs that are mostly veggies. I make more LC treats than I want to be eating. Good going!

THAT is promising. I haven't done a jumping jack since high school. Here's the only kind I can do-

Ok, you've inspired me. I am going to try limiting sweets to every other up day.

Awesome!!!
I just did jumping jacks the other day in zumba...just about killed me! I'm glad that I can inspire you! It's tough, but I like to be able to think "I can just have that tomorrow." Sweets fit much better into a UD...I'm always afraid I'll ruin my DD by having them because I can't eat just one.

Good luck! I can't wait to hear about your progress!
Old 03-05-2012, 08:19 AM   #97
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: E.W.
Stats: 318/297/ a lot less
WOE: Fast5
Start Date: restart again 1/17/2014
For a couple of years I have had 4 things like warts on my arm and leg. After
starting JUDDD they gradualy shrunk. I went off plan for about a month and they
stoped shrinking but after starting back on JUDDD one is gone and the other three
are almost gone too.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:43 AM   #98
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vilanteira
Stats: in maintenance
WOE: juddd/lower carb
Start Date: low carb: 2008, juddd: 10/24/11
Quote:

Quote:
That makes three of us. I'm gluten-sensitive and have known for years. Acid reflux comes hand in hand with wheat for me, along with indigestion and other unpleasant issues. Thankfully, I don't really miss bread/wheat-items much. I'm more of a rice person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.W. View Post
stoped shrinking but after starting back on JUDDD one is gone and the other three
are almost gone too.
Wow, that is truly amazing! I love hearing stuff like this because it helps reaffirm the health benefits of this woe.
Old 03-05-2012, 02:27 PM   #99

[quote=DD80;15468146]I just did jumping jacks the other day in zumba...just about killed me! /QUOTE]

Reminder, we are rocking, and I am 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.W. View Post
are almost gone too.
I love that, you and I feel so very, very good.

[QUOTE=vilanteira;15468568 I'm gluten-sensitive and have known for years. Acid reflux comes hand in hand with wheat for me, along with indigestion and other unpleasant issues. [/QUOTE]

MYydear BIL suffers from gluten problems, but we travel the world together and somehow make it work.

Love how JUDDD is working for yo u.
Old 03-05-2012, 04:05 PM   #100
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: laranda
Stats: 185lbs 5'1/147/GOAL-110
WOE: Atkins/IF
Start Date: LC Since 09 JUDDD - 1/30/12
Quote:
Thanks Laranda.

What a thrill getting into the little jeans. We won't let you slip up. Just keep coming here, and all the support will keep you on the straight and narrow.

And anyway, who wouldn't want to do JUDDD, only dieting half the time.
Thanks, Kissa, here I am, for my daily support

Quote:
Motivating thought Elle - keep this up and your sister will not be able to 'borrow' your clothes 'cause they won't fit her at all!

A few days ago I just got into my first pair size 10 jeans in twenty years. Want to race to see who gets an 8 first?
Congratulations! And, you're on! Challenge accepted I don't EVER remember being in the single digits for sizing, maybe as a child It will be truly momentous
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
Exciting when we slip into an article of clothing, expecting it will be too small, and it FITS.
As to the loss of actual pounds, if you are truly measuring your foods and
counting your calories to know you are hitting your numbers, maybe it's time to revisit your calculations. Is it possible that you miscalculated? Is it possible that you added in exercise, and that is giving you too many calories? (Most of us use the little or no exercise setting) Maybe you're calculated too high? Or
maybe you're not eating enough?

Maybe your body is just taking a break from actual fat loss and is currently busy redistributing. LOL But if you're getting smaller and new things are fitting, you've got to be doing something right.
I do measure and log every bite, but I admit that I have not been hitting my numbers like I should. My calculated down day was about 360, but I changed it to 500, which soon became 600 and if I would go over that I would exercise the rest away. I have not been a good juddder. But the weight loss halt was before that week...the gradual raising of calories was me getting discouraged, like, oh well, it's not going to make a difference anyway, pity party. But the the new size was quite encouraging, so here I am on my down day, determined to stick with it.

Quote:

Sorry to hear that. I have the same problem with gluten. But I bet you're glad you know what's causing the problems.

Mini goal: 159 - MET 5/5/11 !
Mini goal (unexpected): fit into a sz 12 jacket! 5/18/11
Mini goal: 145 (license weight) - we met, briefly 10/10/11
Mini goal: 132 (no longer overweight)
Old 03-07-2012, 07:53 AM   #101
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
These are really inspiring! So happy for you all!

I have a few more too, this is a re-post from the whoo hoo thread yesterday.

*Just found out that apparently my scales weigh me about 2# heavy. So I weighed less than I thought I did through the whole month of Feb., when it looked like I was at the high end - and even above - my maintenance range. Evidently I have even sunk below my maintenance range for a good deal of the time and didn't know it until yesterday!

*Also I can see the difference JUDDD makes in my shape and skin because the last time I weighed this little (low to mid-130s) I looked gaunt. While I still need toning, I don't look as "skinny-fat" as I would have on a regular diet since JUDDD spares muscle. I can feel the muscle beneath my skin, despite the fact that I have almost never exercised on JUDDD and had only recently started doing any exercises at all and they were gentle (but stopped about 2 weeks ago due to life circumstances). I can feel ab muscles, leg muscles, etc.

And my face doesn't look gaunt from weighing less, it looks normal and has its plumpness in the right places, unlike the last time I weighed this little.

*Finally, I've gone down a wee bit in measurements since I last measured on February 1st. Today I see that I am down another half inch in my waist, another half inch on my bust, and another half inch on thighs both together.
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!
Old 03-07-2012, 07:55 AM   #102
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
These are really inspiring! So happy for you all!

I have a few more too, this is a re-post from the whoo hoo thread yesterday.

*Just found out that apparently my scales weigh me about 2# heavy. So I weighed less than I thought I did through the whole month of Feb., when it looked like I was at the high end - and even above - my maintenance range. Evidently I have even sunk below my maintenance range for a good deal of the time and didn't know it until yesterday!

*Also I can see the difference JUDDD makes in my shape and skin because the last time I weighed this little (low to mid-130s) I looked gaunt. While I still need toning, I don't look as "skinny-fat" as I would have on a regular diet since JUDDD spares muscle. I can feel the muscle beneath my skin, despite the fact that I have almost never exercised on JUDDD and had only recently started doing any exercises at all and they were gentle (but stopped about 2 weeks ago due to life circumstances). I can feel ab muscles, leg muscles, etc.

And my face doesn't look gaunt from weighing less, it looks normal and has its plumpness in the right places, unlike the last time I weighed this little.

*Finally, I've gone down a wee bit in measurements since I last measured on February 1st. Today I see that I am down another half inch in my waist, another half inch on my bust, and another half inch on thighs both together.
Amazing non-scale victories! Good job!
Old 03-07-2012, 09:25 AM   #103

New coat, small! Less than half price too.
Old 03-07-2012, 10:59 AM   #104
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Well, I guess it is time to dig out the next size down pants out of my closet. My black jeans are way too baggy and the pants I am wearing today are really too loose also. Last week I was kind of between sizes but it looks like the next size down is in order this week.
I wear sweat pants after I get home to do my outside chores. The ones I wore last night were really loose and the elastic waist wasn't doing a thing to keep them up. I needed a belt.
Looking forward to spring break and getting a lot accomplished since I am feeling so much more energy.
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/132/139 JUDDD 01/01/2011
157/148/139 JUDDD 07/28/2014
Old 03-07-2012, 11:27 AM   #105
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Enjoy your new coat, Kissa! Saved money too - woot!

Congrats, Adi, on needing smaller pants!
Old 03-07-2012, 01:44 PM   #106

Adi, the goats will appreciate your style, get those littler pants!
Old 03-07-2012, 06:21 PM   #107
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Quote:
Adi, the goats will appreciate your style, get those littler pants!

When the little ones jump on me they can pull my pants down they are so loose, so I need to wear something else. I could get embarrased if someone was driving by. Or they could get embarrased.

My secretary noticed how baggy my pants were today. She is kind of fascinated with my fasting days and eating days but she really doesn't need to lose weight, she just wants to be supportive. In other words she doesn't offer me cake on a fasting day.
Old 03-09-2012, 09:16 AM   #108
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I am almost at the two month mark on JUDDD and I am continually impressed with how my relationship with food improves.

Prior to JUDDD, if I felt like I "blew it" ( which could be any deviation from my intended plan) I felt like "what the heck" and I would proceed to blow it major big time! Sometimes that meant going on a binge.

Last Thursday was an up day and I ate a lot more calories than I intended to eat that day. Previously my mind set would have been to think, well I blew it, so I am going to continue on for a few days blowing it even more.

Aside- I know that is really crazy thinking.

This time, I just forgave myself for going over my limit, didn't get into the mentality that I had blown it, and moved on to having a spectacular DD the next day.

This is a really big deal for me. If I can eradicate that line of thinking I am going to be so much healthier, including mentally. No more beating myself up for perceived mistakes.

I really want a healthy relationship with food and I feel this is a great start for me.

Feeling JUDDD happy.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:26 AM   #109

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
Beverly, I know just what you mean. I'm learning that food is just food. It can't make me happy, entertain me, take care of me or soothe me. I have to do that for myself.

I'm learning that my expectations around food are unrealistic...when I expect that a good meal is going to make me happy, and it doesn't, I'm disappointed. When in reality it was a perfectly good meal, it just wasn't the end-all, be-all that I anticipated. What I'm learning is that my happiness is in my own hands, not controlled by the food I do or do not eat. And that, unless I'm hungry, eating is not going to make me feel better.

Kissa, awesome news on the coat, size small! I would be thrilled to be in a medium, it's the smallest I've ever been, even in high school.

Adi, definitely sounds like some new pants are in order before you're

"Success occurs in clusters and is born in generosity" --Julia Cameron

Describes my JUDDD Buddds perfectly.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:31 AM   #110

Gave away 4 pairs of pants this week, the ones I am wearing today will have to go too.
Old 03-10-2012, 05:02 PM   #111
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna Loca View Post
Beverly, I know just what you mean. I'm learning that food is just food. It can't make me happy, entertain me, take care of me or soothe me. I have to do that for myself.

I'm learning that my expectations around food are unrealistic...when I expect that a good meal is going to make me happy, and it doesn't, I'm disappointed. When in reality it was a perfectly good meal, it just wasn't the end-all, be-all that I anticipated. What I'm learning is that my happiness is in my own hands, not controlled by the food I do or do not eat. And that, unless I'm hungry, eating is not going to make me feel better.

What valuable lessons you have learned. You hit the nail on the head for me. I have had those same expectations of food.So much of my eating has been emotional. Thanks for expressing that so perfectly!

Kissa- so after giving all your pants away, are you running around nekked?
Old 03-11-2012, 08:53 AM   #112

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
Quote:
What valuable lessons you have learned. You hit the nail on the head for me. I have had those same expectations of food.So much of my eating has been emotional. Thanks for expressing that so perfectly!
Well, learnING. I don't have it down by any stretch. I still struggle with this, but it's getting better.

Quote:
Kissa- so after giving all your pants away, are you running around nekked?
Yes, inquiring minds want to know! I can see the headlines now: "Hot Mama scandalizes London"!!
Old 03-11-2012, 03:11 PM   #113

Okay..

Today I wore a little pencil skirt that has been a 'joke' object in my wardrobe for years. FIL (95) was coming over for lunch. Looked ridiculously baggy and he asked me how I was losing so much weight.... thought he was too old to notice things like that.
Old 03-12-2012, 05:58 AM   #114
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: synger
Stats: Start: 310 Current: 259
WOE: Calorie and carb counting, IR Diet framework
Start Date: IR/PCOS: Dx pre-diabetic 3/2010
Quote:
Okay..

Today I wore a little pencil skirt that has been a 'joke' object in my wardrobe for years. FIL (95) was coming over for lunch. Looked ridiculously baggy and he asked me how I was losing so much weight.... thought he was too old to notice things like that.
Men are NEVER too old to notice a pretty woman.
Old 03-12-2012, 06:12 AM   #115
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: HW164/137.8/135-139
Ah Cindy,

How so sweet of your fil to notice how you've lost so much weight!

Nothing wrong with his mind, eh?!
Old 03-12-2012, 02:11 PM   #116

So right, and he is still driving and caring for himself at home. We are so fortunate.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:26 AM   #117
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: 2BoysMom
Stats: Too pissed to talk about it
WOE: Keeping it simple- Hi Fat, Mod Protein and Lo Carb
Start Date: 1.26.2004 - 1st time. This time 1.1.2014
I LOVE the fact that when I sit down, the waistband of my jeans no longer digs into my tummy!
Old 03-13-2012, 12:47 PM   #118
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
So right, and he is still driving and caring for himself at home. We are so fortunate.
That's incredible

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BoysMom View Post
I LOVE the fact that when I sit down, the waistband of my jeans no longer digs into my tummy!
awesome!
Old 03-14-2012, 01:26 PM   #119
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 9/22/14
I just started JUDDD again, so I have nothing to report yet.

I've had quite a few NSV with just doing low carb (skin, facial/neck slimmer, body reshifting), but certainly hope to be reporting the BPS (Baggy Pant Syndrome ) for myself soon again. I did experience it when I did JUDDD a few years ago and it was a wonderful feeling!

Very inspiring, ladies, keep up the good work!!
Old 03-15-2012, 03:26 PM   #120
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanilla_latte View Post
I just started JUDDD again, so I have nothing to report yet.

I've had quite a few NSV with just doing low carb (skin, facial/neck slimmer, body reshifting), but certainly hope to be reporting the BPS (Baggy Pant Syndrome ) for myself soon again. I did experience it when I did JUDDD a few years ago and it was a wonderful feeling!

Very inspiring, ladies, keep up the good work!!
Oh I LOVE that-- BPS! I am starting to get that again with this pair of jeans.

You are making me hungry for a latte!
Closed Thread