Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2012, 08:38 AM   #721
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Beverly, it's a tv series. You can't get bent about the results (just like you can't get bent about having your freakin' weight on your resume!), but I felt like a million bucks at the audition. It is a good thing to feel comfortable in my own body. Happy day,
Kristin
Who knew six weeny pounds could create such a difference?

Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-2012, 08:57 AM   #722
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyjoy View Post
Beverly, it's a tv series. You can't get bent about the results (just like you can't get bent about having your freakin' weight on your resume!), but I felt like a million bucks at the audition. It is a good thing to feel comfortable in my own body. Happy day,
Kristin
Who knew six weeny pounds could create such a difference?
Oh good luck with that!! Awesome. Feeling like a million bucks is a huge NSV. And 6 pounds is a big deal.
Old 05-26-2012, 10:36 AM   #723
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kimberino
Stats: 235/141 50 yo
WOE: Atkins/now JUDDD
Start Date: 3 '09 Atkins-3 '12 JUDDD
Congratulations Kristin - you're always here pumping in kudos for us all, I'm so thrilled you get to receive some!
Old 05-26-2012, 12:55 PM   #724
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
WOE: JUDDD
Kristin, I totally get what you mean about being able to concentrate on the important stuff at hand instead of worrying about the size of your butt! It's a very freeing feeling, isn't it?! I'm glad you were able to direct your focus towards delivering a stellar performance and hope you get the role.
Old 05-26-2012, 02:01 PM   #725
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sonica
Stats: 280.5/180.0/160
My NSV - Tried on size 10 jeans and they fit!
Old 05-26-2012, 02:19 PM   #726
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brehede
Stats: 283/264/140
WOE: LC JUDDD
Start Date: January 2012
Well done everyone! It is really encouraging to hear all the successes.
My NSV is fitting into old summer clothes on our first warm weekend! They have been tight for years and didn't fit at all last year!

Dee
Old 05-26-2012, 04:02 PM   #727
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cactusrose63
Stats: 156/156/130 - 5'4", Age: 53
WOE: JUDDD 1900/800 or less if I can!
Start Date: JUDDD restart June 2014
What to eat for a small snack to hold be over until dinner I asked myself a few hours ago. So much in the pantry...not-so-healthy-for-you snacks...ice cream in the freezer...not tons mind you, but still, it's there, as an option.

My NSV for today: I chose something healthy for a snack! Not because I should, not because I would feel guilty if I didn't, not because I couldn't have something more decadent or empty calories. For the first time in YEARS, I chose, of my own accord and as a deliberate decision, something healthy to eat because I knew I wanted to feel better after I ate it.

Yes.
Old 05-27-2012, 01:36 AM   #728
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ebeads
Stats: yikes/tryingmybest/ihopeihope
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restart May 10,2012
Sungoddess, thank you for your insomnia support. People who sleep well effortlessly just do NOT understand what torture sleeplessness is.

After three days of crappy crappy sleep, I did have a pretty decent night last night and oh boy do I feel better.

HEHEH yeah, hey I bet I burn some calories trying on those different sizes of jeans. ( what a silly goose I am)

Keep those NSV stories coming . I LOVE them ... what inspiration.

Old 05-27-2012, 03:17 AM   #729
Major LCF Poster!

Sonica, Dee, I never get tired of hearing the stories of new or looser clothes. So thrilled for you both. Cactus, thanks for putting that so beautifully. I'm a bit nervous about saying that my relationship with food is improving. It feels like it, but I'm reluctant to trust myself, I guess. Your words are inspiring.
I LOVE this thread,
Kristin
Old 05-27-2012, 09:41 AM   #730
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyjoy View Post
I'm a bit nervous about saying that my relationship with food is improving. It feels like it, but I'm reluctant to trust myself, I guess.
I LOVE this thread,
Kristin
I know just what you mean about trusting yourself. So many other times in my life I have thought the same thing and then you know what happens. So I have to be so very cautious to think that I have arrived. Cannot let my guard down. But I am optimistic because I do feel my relationship with food does seem to be evolving in a positive way, I feel more relaxed when I think about food lately. Another NSV I guess. Hmmm, thinking back...since tenth grade I have not felt relaxed when thinking of food.
Old 05-27-2012, 11:29 AM   #731
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
Thanks for all the kudos!!! I appreciate each and every one of you.

Beverly, 98 pounds is so wonderful!!! Isn't it great to think about how far we've come? I don't think I'll ever get tired of thinking about all the things I can do now that I couldn't do back then. I can list them. I'm a walking gratitude list of weight loss.

Kristin, you tiny thing you!! So nice that you can feel relaxed and easy about your body and your weight. What a gift. And sending good thoughts for the results of your audition!! Wow, a real live actress! How awesome. When you get famous, we can all say we knew you when.

ebeads, hoping your sleep issues melt away. I've had insomnia during various periods of my life and it's no picnic. Wafting lavender your way and sending you peaceful sleepy thoughts. I know about the pain issues, I have an arthritic knee and I'll tell you, my knees are so much better on this WOE!! I haven't been this pain-free in probably ten or fifteen years, pretty much since I started having knee issues. The anti-inflammatory benefits of JUDDD are almost as good as the weight loss ones!

Cactusrose, that's fantastic that you're making healthy choice for yourself! It feels so empowering to not be controlled by the food, but to be in control of the food.

My latest NSV is going hiking with DH. As I mentioned, I have knee problems and especially with the extra weight, hiking was NOT an option. My DH ADORES hiking and hasn't gone in at least ten years, since our son finished Boy Scouts. I can take on the hiking trails and don't need help, which makes me feel so powerful. DH is in heaven. It's a win-win!! And we're having so much fun, and planning trips to places we can go hike. So awesome!!!!!!

"Success occurs in clusters and is born in generosity" --Julia Cameron

Describes my JUDDD Buddds perfectly.
Old 05-27-2012, 11:45 AM   #732
Major LCF Poster!

Luna, beautiful! Whole new world out there, isn't it?
Kristin
Old 05-27-2012, 05:19 PM   #733
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
My NSV is: two weeks on vaca and a really decadent cruise. Non-stretched, just cleaned size 10s fit the whole time. When I finally stepped on a scale this morning I had gained three whole pounds. I am not changing my stats because I expect them to be true again in a few days. I am SO going to enjoy getting back to serious DDs!
Old 05-27-2012, 05:29 PM   #734

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/146.4/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Welcome back Nancy! We missed you, but I'm very pleased you had a good time and the jeans still fit!
Old 05-28-2012, 03:52 AM   #735

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Brilliant NSVs as always.

Kristin, love that you are feeling so good, you too Cactus, our relationship with food can be so scary.

Luna, enjoy the hikes I am definitely feeling an improvement in my knee these days too.

Nancy, so good to have you back and what a wonderful achievement only gain 3 lbs!
Old 05-28-2012, 03:53 AM   #736
Major LCF Poster!

Yeah Nancy! No more writhing around on a bed like posessed inchworms, trying to get zippers up on pants that used to be roomy! Yeah for cruises!
Kristin
Old 05-28-2012, 06:19 AM   #737
Senior LCF Member

Luna, I am just soooo thrilled about your new found ability to hike pain free!

As a fellow hiker, I know how much this means. I have always liked to be out in nature, and I was originally from Michigan where it is flat. I have been in Tucson for about 13 years now, and still I do not tolerate hills/mountains well. But they definitely are easier at a lower weight, which I have seen now and then over the years. My new goal is to lose enough weight/inches/fat that the hiking becomes more enjoyable again.

I love how you put it, feeling powerful about the changes we are seeing in our lives.

What a bonus to plan things together with your husband, new and awesome adventures await you both!
Old 05-28-2012, 08:02 AM   #738
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna Loca View Post
T
My latest NSV is going hiking with DH. As I mentioned, I have knee problems and especially with the extra weight, hiking was NOT an option. My DH ADORES hiking and hasn't gone in at least ten years, since our son finished Boy Scouts. I can take on the hiking trails and don't need help, which makes me feel so powerful. DH is in heaven. It's a win-win!! And we're having so much fun, and planning trips to places we can go hike. So awesome!!!!!!
I always love your NSV's and look so forward to them.What a THRILL that you can hike with DH and you feel powerful and having fun. These are the things that bring tears of joy to my eyes. I am so happy for you dear JUDDD BUDDD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
My NSV is: two weeks on vaca and a really decadent cruise. Non-stretched, just cleaned size 10s fit the whole time. When I finally stepped on a scale this morning I had gained three whole pounds. I am not changing my stats because I expect them to be true again in a few days. I am SO going to enjoy getting back to serious DDs!
Boy have you been missed! That is so fantastic to fit in non-stretched clean jeans! And to only go up 3 pounds is fantastic. Great job!
Old 05-28-2012, 08:17 AM   #739

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
Awesome!! JUDDD is the best eating plan I've ever found. I'm so happy for you and hope you had just the best time ever on your cruise.

I appreciate all the pats on the back from you all. I find myself enjoying something, then thinking, "I can't wait to tell my JUDDD buddds about this!" You all mean so much to me. Thanks.
Old 05-28-2012, 03:52 PM   #740

And you to us Luna x
Old 05-28-2012, 09:50 PM   #741
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
Behind here today, but these NSV's are making the end of my holiday even happier!! Love you all and glad you are back Nancy!!!

Phyl
Old 05-29-2012, 07:04 AM   #742
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Hey all. Missed reading these for a few days, so way behind, so I'll just say, wtg everyone!

Welcome back Nancy!

My nsv yesterday, went swim suit shopping with the girls and it was FUN! It wasn't torturous trying to find ONE suit that hid everything well enough to be tolerably comfortable. Everything fit and looked pretty good (except for a one piece that made me look like a boy--weight loss has not been kind to my already small upper half). So I had CHOICES in which one I liked best, rather than which was the least of the evils.

And my dd14 told me my belly flab was almost gone, even though I still had some saggy skin. LOL. Yeah, 4 babies will do that to you.
Old 05-29-2012, 09:11 AM   #743

Got to love 'em though! So peaked you had a great shopping day with them.

My NSV is slipping into all my pretty capris with ease. Some of these haven't been on my body for 2 or 3 years and have never, ever looked as good as they do this summer.
Old 05-29-2012, 09:14 AM   #744
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykidsteacher View Post
Hey all. Missed reading these for a few days, so way behind, so I'll just say, wtg everyone!

Welcome back Nancy!

My nsv yesterday, went swim suit shopping with the girls and it was FUN! It wasn't torturous trying to find ONE suit that hid everything well enough to be tolerably comfortable. Everything fit and looked pretty good (except for a one piece that made me look like a boy--weight loss has not been kind to my already small upper half). So I had CHOICES in which one I liked best, rather than which was the least of the evils.

And my dd14 told me my belly flab was almost gone, even though I still had some saggy skin. LOL. Yeah, 4 babies will do that to you.
I've never heard anyone say that swimsuit shopping was fun!! That is truly a HUGE NSV and I am thrilled for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Got to love 'em though! So peaked you had a great shopping day with them.

My NSV is slipping into all my pretty capris with ease. Some of these haven't been on my body for 2 or 3 years and have never, ever looked as good as they do this summer.
And the great thing about capris is they have stayed in style! That is fantastic! Good for you.
Old 05-29-2012, 09:15 AM   #745
Major LCF Poster!

Oh, MAN, I love this thread!
I feel as though every NSV is mine, and as though every one of mine belongs to everybody. Happiness! Thanks,
Kristin
Old 05-29-2012, 09:18 AM   #746

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykidsteacher View Post

Welcome back Nancy!

Wow!! How awesome for you!!!! Supposedly swimsuit shopping is one of the things that most women dread the most. And you had fun and got to choose the suit that made you happy. Sounds like a real reason to celebrate!!!!
Old 05-29-2012, 09:24 AM   #747
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
Start Date: 8/18/14
I'm way behind, but congrats to all you with NSV's and Luna, big congrats on such an awesome weight loss!
Old 05-29-2012, 10:40 AM   #748
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
This is a mini, but I'm enjoying reading and I wanted to play too

my shorts from last year fit

this is a big-ish deal for me, b/c that's NOT been the case, year over year.

also, as someone mentioned a while ago here I think-- restricting calories trickles down to my wallet, and I didn't feel the need to buy any new shorts this year (thus far... I mean, if they are FALLING OFF by the end of the summer, we'll see)

Soren
Old 05-29-2012, 01:27 PM   #749
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Damazon
Stats: 234/220/190
WOE: JUDDD Primal
Start Date: April 2012
NSV so far:

1)sleeping like a log.
2)fingers/hands have stopped swelling during exercise.
3)meeting 2012 goal of reducing grocery bill by 20%.
4)I can get my grey jeans on. Can't walk, sit, move or breathe. But hey, they are on baby! After 6 months of cowering in the back of my closet.

Best take them off now. Can't feel my feet. lol.

D
Old 05-29-2012, 01:38 PM   #750
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
I had always had low blood pressure and was not wanting to accept the readings that were getting a tad too high. You know that cutoff of pre-hypertension of 120/80 area. I was above that. After JUDDDing for almost 5 months my BP averages 110/66. Much better. And this kind of annoys me but even my smallest bras are too big.
Closed Thread