Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2012, 09:03 AM   #661
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oropendola
Stats: 221.4/186.6/160
WOE: Belly Fat Cure -> JUDDD -> JUDDD + DrK
Start Date: January 2, 2012 -> March 8 -> July 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by casmira View Post
Well, I've just spoken to my Mum - I got her started on this about three weeks ago. She has high cholesterol from the liver thing rather than food, but she's heavier than she should be as well. Anyhow, she tells me today that she's noticed a great improvement in her breathing and her energy levels, and we know from past experience that this tends to correspond with a reduction in her cholesterol as well.

So it's kind of magic.
Yay! I'm so glad she's doing better.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2012, 10:43 AM   #662
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
Just wanted to report for DH. He's been watching his blood pressure really closely, has stopped taking one of his meds for blood pressure. Due to losing weight, he was having to transition from the large blood pressure cuff to the smaller (normal ) sized one, but it was giving him higher readings...the doctor assured him this was normal, that's why they use the larger cuff. However, the larger cuff no longer fit right so he was using the smaller one.

This morning, even with the smaller cuff, his readings were 122/73!

"Success occurs in clusters and is born in generosity" --Julia Cameron

Describes my JUDDD Buddds perfectly.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:57 AM   #663
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
Luna, that is astounding! So glad for him and you both.

The very real health benefits of this way of life can't be praised too highly!
Old 05-15-2012, 01:06 PM   #664
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
Casmira....soooo happy for your mom.

Luna...What a wonderful thing for your DH. That's hugely important.

These things make my Tuesday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phyl
Old 05-15-2012, 01:16 PM   #665
Junior LCF Member

Stats: HW 1/2011: 191 CW: 165 GW: 145, then we'll see
WOE: lost 23 lbs on Medi Weightloss '11, now JUDDD
Start Date: JUDDD start: May 15, 2012
I love this thread.

I am looking forward to some new NSV's in the near future. meanwhile, I am still reveling in my latest one: the ability to cross my legs comfortably.
Old 05-16-2012, 06:29 AM   #666
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: stargazer
Stats: 190/166/147 5' 10"
WOE: Juddd/ Dukan
Start Date: March 2012
I borrowed some work trousers from my son. They always pinched dreadfully at the waist. They are high rise.

Today I buttoned them up and they are comfortable. Perhaps not that impressive since my son is six four and no sylph, but it's progress.
Old 05-17-2012, 08:57 AM   #667
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna Loca View Post
Just wanted to report for DH. He's been watching his blood pressure really closely, has stopped taking one of his meds for blood pressure. Due to losing weight, he was having to transition from the large blood pressure cuff to the smaller (normal ) sized one, but it was giving him higher readings...the doctor assured him this was normal, that's why they use the larger cuff. However, the larger cuff no longer fit right so he was using the smaller one.

I am jumping for joy for you!! I hearing about the improved medical issues. I have had the same success with my BP so far. The healing powers are wonderful. This is super cool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by practicemakeperfct View Post
I love this thread.

I am looking forward to some new NSV's in the near future. meanwhile, I am still reveling in my latest one: the ability to cross my legs comfortably.
Can't wait for that to happen to me!! Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazer View Post
I borrowed some work trousers from my son. They always pinched dreadfully at the waist. They are high rise.

Today I buttoned them up and they are comfortable. Perhaps not that impressive since my son is six four and no sylph, but it's progress.
That is fantastic progress. Congrats!!
Old 05-17-2012, 11:50 AM   #668
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna Loca View Post

Woot woot for hubby! Healthier and healthier.
Old 05-17-2012, 11:51 AM   #669
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazer View Post

A positive experience is a great motivator.
Old 05-17-2012, 11:53 AM   #670
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by practicemakeperfct View Post
I love this thread.

This ia an amazing feeling! WTG!
Old 05-17-2012, 12:57 PM   #671
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cactusrose63
Stats: 156/156/130 - 5'4", Age: 53
WOE: JUDDD 1900/800 or less if I can!
Start Date: JUDDD restart June 2014
I am feeling smaller and my summer hiking shorts feel looser than last time I put them on about a month ago. At that time I had to spray them with water so they were damp so when I put them on they would stretch and fit! Today I did not have to do that. I still have a bit of a muffin top when wearing them, but I have made progress losing inches in these 2.5 weeks, even though I have only lost about 2 pounds. Excited to see what is next!
Old 05-17-2012, 07:49 PM   #672
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusrose63 View Post
I am feeling smaller and my summer hiking shorts feel looser than last time I put them on about a month ago. At that time I had to spray them with water so they were damp so when I put them on they would stretch and fit! Today I did not have to do that. I still have a bit of a muffin top when wearing them, but I have made progress losing inches in these 2.5 weeks, even though I have only lost about 2 pounds. Excited to see what is next!
We celebrate the victories.
Old 05-18-2012, 04:08 AM   #673

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
So happy to see these lovely successes, especially the health related ones. Love JUDDD
Old 05-18-2012, 09:41 AM   #674
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
My favorite thread. Yeah for everybody! Stargazer, I just packed away my son's pants, which are finally too loose for me. He is 6'5". Makes me laugh,
Kristin
Old 05-18-2012, 09:50 AM   #675
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ebeads
Stats: yikes/tryingmybest/ihopeihope
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restart May 10,2012
I have been on and off Atkins my whole life. Problem is, I do go off and then regain. I am getting much older now and last year was especially hard, I started really going for sugar and other carbs at the holidays. I gained so much so fast it was totally disheartening. A couple of months ago I was in total " I GIVE UP" mode and none of my jeans/pants fit so I ordered a few cheapies on Ebay in 4x. What wound to my emotions. *sigh* Somehow I got it together a week ago to restart Atkins. At least I know it always works. I am already back in my next size down jeans and will be banishing the 4x ones to the bottom back of the cupboard. YAY I already notice a difference in how I feel when walking. I am going to try and try to stick with it. The older I get , the harder it is to carry the overweight. *sigh*
Old 05-20-2012, 02:32 PM   #676
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyjoy View Post
My favorite thread. Yeah for everybody! Stargazer, I just packed away my son's pants, which are finally too loose for me. He is 6'5". Makes me laugh,
Kristin
That's great!! 6'5"huh?Wow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebeads View Post
I have been on and off Atkins my whole life. Problem is, I do go off and then regain. I am getting much older now and last year was especially hard, I started really going for sugar and other carbs at the holidays. I gained so much so fast it was totally disheartening. A couple of months ago I was in total " I GIVE UP" mode and none of my jeans/pants fit so I ordered a few cheapies on Ebay in 4x. What wound to my emotions. *sigh* Somehow I got it together a week ago to restart Atkins. At least I know it always works. I am already back in my next size down jeans and will be banishing the 4x ones to the bottom back of the cupboard. YAY I already notice a difference in how I feel when walking. I am going to try and try to stick with it. The older I get , the harder it is to carry the overweight. *sigh*
So long 4x!!! Way to go!!
Old 05-20-2012, 04:37 PM   #677
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
I had a nsv today! Went to lunch and shopping with some friends. My dd (14yo, 5'5" size 1) needed some church clothes. One of the ladies shopping is someone I've admired as being tiny. So I asked her to try on a skirt (elastic waist) so I could gauge if it would fit my dd (lady is a size 2-4). It was a bit snug in the hips on her, so I figured it would fit my dd fine.

Well, just for grins, I slipped it on while I was trying on some other stuff, and if FIT me! And was not snug in the hips. I was stunned. I am in no way shaped like this lady (she hasn't had kids, so actually still has a flat tummy for one, lol). But it felt so good to know I could where that skirt if I wanted to. Perfect fit on my dd btw, and she loved it.
Old 05-20-2012, 05:28 PM   #678
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
WOO HOO, Tina!!!

I know you were grinning from ear to ear when you saw it fit!

Way to go!
Old 05-20-2012, 07:10 PM   #679
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
Tina, I'm grinning from ear to ear just imagining this! How awesome.

Phyl
Old 05-20-2012, 08:18 PM   #680
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Alcestis
Stats: 210/169/155 5' 8"
Start Date: December 13th, 2011
I'm beaming too! That's seriously awesome
Old 05-20-2012, 08:23 PM   #681

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/155.4/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mykidsteacher View Post
I had a nsv today! Went to lunch and shopping with some friends. My dd (14yo, 5'5" size 1) needed some church clothes. One of the ladies shopping is someone I've admired as being tiny. So I asked her to try on a skirt (elastic waist) so I could gauge if it would fit my dd (lady is a size 2-4). It was a bit snug in the hips on her, so I figured it would fit my dd fine.

Well, just for grins, I slipped it on while I was trying on some other stuff, and if FIT me! And was not snug in the hips. I was stunned. I am in no way shaped like this lady (she hasn't had kids, so actually still has a flat tummy for one, lol). But it felt so good to know I could where that skirt if I wanted to. Perfect fit on my dd btw, and she loved it.
Old 05-20-2012, 09:47 PM   #682

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
Quote:

What a wonderful NSV!!!!!!! Wow! That must have felt good!!!!!!
Old 05-21-2012, 08:26 AM   #683
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: Oh, ya know..every morning!
I did a little "shopping" in my closet and found I can finally fit in a shirt I bought a couple of years ago as well as a few I haven't been able to wear in quite awhile. Yeah, I keep clothes forever and won't say how long I've had some things hoping to wear them again someday. Or, like the aforementioned new shirt, the ones I bought when I was losing weight and thought I'd get in them "soon".
Old 05-21-2012, 10:35 AM   #684
Major LCF Poster!

Yay Vanilla! Closet shopping and getting into previously too small clothes is wonderful!
Old 05-21-2012, 10:41 AM   #685
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

That's fantastic!
Old 05-21-2012, 10:44 AM   #686
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanilla_latte View Post
I did a little "shopping" in my closet and found I can finally fit in a shirt I bought a couple of years ago as well as a few I haven't been able to wear in quite awhile. Yeah, I keep clothes forever and won't say how long I've had some things hoping to wear them again someday. Or, like the aforementioned new shirt, the ones I bought when I was losing weight and thought I'd get in them "soon".
Woot woot! What a wonderful feeling!
I have to admit I bought many size small clothes when Gottschalks went out of business. I WILL get into those one day!
Old 05-21-2012, 01:12 PM   #687

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Tiny, tiny Tina! WTG

Vanilla, I love wardrobe shopping but have got to the bottom of mine now. There is nothing there small enough.

Today I had a sort through my wardrobe for clothes I intend to send to charity. There are a lot of them... I guess that is a nice NSV.
Old 05-21-2012, 09:45 PM   #688
Major LCF Poster!

Nice indeed Kissa! Needing smaller clothes than you have in your wardrobe is a great nsv! Happy shopping!
Old 05-22-2012, 10:10 AM   #689
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: Oh, ya know..every morning!
Quote:
Yay Vanilla! Closet shopping and getting into previously too small clothes is wonderful!
Quote:
Originally Posted by oropendola View Post
Woot woot! What a wonderful feeling!
I have to admit I bought many size small clothes when Gottschalks went out of business. I WILL get into those one day!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Vanilla, I love wardrobe shopping but have got to the bottom of mine now. There is nothing there small enough.

Today I had a sort through my wardrobe for clothes I intend to send to charity. There are a lot of them... I guess that is a nice NSV.
Thanks, ladies, it's fun! And yes, it IS a nice NSV, Kissa!!
Old 05-22-2012, 04:44 PM   #690
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Tiny, tiny Tina! WTG

Yes it is!
Closed Thread