Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2012, 08:53 AM   #631
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
Here's mine for the day-- I'm traveling with a colleague who I really can't stand. I find him gluttonous and greedy (especially when food is involved), no social graces... I could go on, but I'm choosing to not put my energy into this little situation.

I'm being nice (ish) to him. It's the best I can do, and I'm doing it. Yay me!

Please send me Zen thoughts-- both for the flight, and for not yelling at this poor shmo.
S.

Last edited by sorenkkg; 05-12-2012 at 08:55 AM..

Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2012, 09:08 AM   #632
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmoyer1 View Post
My nsv!! I made it till 5:30 on my dd today, i haven't been able to do that since I started because my sugar would drop and I would feel lousy. today i was able to kill hunger with a little chicken broth and lot's of lemon water. I am just now starting to count my calories, because weight loss has stopped. I look forward to more dd like today!!
Betty
Yay!!! That's so nice when it happens! I love it when I have a good DD, because for me DDs are the hard part of this WOE. I have fun (sometimes too much) on my UDs and look forward to them, not so much the DDs. When the DDs are easy, this whole WOE is easy. To me anyway. Congrats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sungoddess View Post
I waited for awhile to post this NSV because I wasn't sure if it was for real or not and was going to stick. But I am tip toeing in here to say that I think I finally have a handle on my up days. When I started JUDDD, I was having trouble keeping my calories limited. If I ate certain trigger foods like tortilla chips or chocolate chip cookies, I could eat in excess of what I was supposed to be eating. Bit by bit, I saw myself gain more control. For a solid month now I have stayed within my UD limit within probably 50 calories either way. I am able to eat carbs without going on a binge. There was a day I would have to "finish it all" If I had a box of girl scout cookies, I couldn't eat two or three-- I ate the whole box. It's been like this for a long long time.

Being able to control this now makes me feel as free as a bird and as light as a cloud. The lack of carb control has been the undoing of many a diet I had been on before. I remember having lost 50 pounds doing LC. I went out to celebrate my 50th birthday and had one ice cream cone to celebrate. It opened the flood gates. All heck broke loose. I was like a a wild beast who had been starving and began to scarf in every carb in sight. I gained back those 50 pounds plus 10 as fast as I could sneeze. It has always been the destruction of my success.

Now, I am able to eat some carbs, some sugar, and stay in control. I know I am not going to be deprived. What can I say. What a victory.
This makes me so happy to read. What hope is there in your post! No, we don't have to be afraid of food--even carbs. There is hope for control AND enjoyment. It's such a peaceful feeling, isn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorenkkg View Post
Here's mine for the day-- I'm traveling with a colleague who I really can't stand. I find him gluttonous and greedy (especially when food is involved), no social graces... I could go on, but I'm choosing to not put my energy into this little situation.

Please send me Zen thoughts-- both for the flight, and for not yelling at this poor shmo.
S.
Zen thoughts headed your way. Does JUDDD make us nicer? I think so. I am more patient with others since my fraught relationship with food takes up less space in my head. I am able to be relaxed with myself and that extends to others. Hoping it's working for you as well.

"Success occurs in clusters and is born in generosity" --Julia Cameron

Describes my JUDDD Buddds perfectly.
Old 05-12-2012, 02:10 PM   #633
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Alcestis
Stats: 210/167/155 5' 8"
Start Date: December 13th, 2011
I went to the gym today for the first time in FIVE MONTHS. I herniated a disc in December (right around the time I started JUDDD) and recovery is sloooow. However, I tried out the recumbent bike at the gym and it was great!!

Soren, ugh, I loathe being in that kind of situation. Deeeeeep breathing and asking the universe for acceptance - just for a few minutes at a time - might help, even if you have to do it over and over and over again...!
Old 05-12-2012, 05:18 PM   #634

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/151/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Quote:

S.
Zen thoughts coming your way. If that doesn't work, smack him!
Old 05-13-2012, 05:17 AM   #635

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
I'm with Dawn.
Old 05-13-2012, 07:45 AM   #636
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Zen thoughts coming your way. If that doesn't work, smack him!
Old 05-13-2012, 12:58 PM   #637

I love this, we are so thoughtful and caring here to our JUDDD BUDDs, but woe betide anyone who crosses us. LOL
Old 05-13-2012, 01:33 PM   #638
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: skoolmarm729
Stats: 5'8- Size 26
WOE: LC/Water/Exercise
Start Date: Restart 4/30/12
1. I'm able to button a shirt (even though it's a tight fit) that I haven't been able to button in a very long time!

2. Because of Teacher Appreciation Week, we've had sweets in our building ALL week and I didn't have one. Not one! I love being in control!
Old 05-13-2012, 01:39 PM   #639
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoolmarm729 View Post
1. I'm able to button a shirt (even though it's a tight fit) that I haven't been able to button in a very long time!

2. Because of Teacher Appreciation Week, we've had sweets in our building ALL week and I didn't have one. Not one! I love being in control!

You are melting..... melting!!

And regarding the sweets, it's great you felt in control and on JUDDD you could have had them if you wanted them!!

Nice job!
Old 05-13-2012, 01:49 PM   #640

Sweets, bah, who needs them. Except our very, very favourite ones on UDs.

Bet that shirt looks great!
Old 05-13-2012, 02:29 PM   #641
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
My DH finished putting up a greenhouse. (75x10) I helped him today and we put on the shadecloth. We are planning on growing our veggies with the shade since they always just burn up in the summer heat here since we have no shade of any kind in the garden area. I planted little plants in the greenhouse, down on my hands and knees and didn't even realize that I didn't hurt or have any problems getting up and down. Looks like I have picked up a few healthy perks from JUDDD. Plus I did an outside craft show yesterday. Unloaded everything, set up, sold all day, packed up, hauled everything back to my car with no problems. Not even sore this morning. YEA!!! I feel like a kid again or at least a much younger person.
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/153/139 JUDDD 07/28/14
Old 05-13-2012, 02:49 PM   #642
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoolmarm729 View Post

Ooooh, big congrats on buttoning the shirt! I know what a thrill that can be!

And yes, not all sweets are worthy. Good going!
Old 05-13-2012, 02:57 PM   #643
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
My DH finished putting up a greenhouse. (75x10) I helped him today and we put on the shadecloth. We are planning on growing our veggies with the shade since they always just burn up in the summer heat here since we have no shade of any kind in the garden area. I planted little plants in the greenhouse, down on my hands and knees and didn't even realize that I didn't hurt or have any problems getting up and down. Looks like I have picked up a few healthy perks from JUDDD. Plus I did an outside craft show yesterday. Unloaded everything, set up, sold all day, packed up, hauled everything back to my car with no problems. Not even sore this morning. YEA!!! I feel like a kid again or at least a much younger person.
Those are incredible side benefits of JUDDD. I think the whole improvement in arthritis etc is beyond fantastic. What were you selling? Inquiring minds and all...
Old 05-13-2012, 03:21 PM   #644
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I am jealous! I'm figuring I'll have to put up shadecloth here in a while. Already have T-posts in for the bird netting and will only have to do part of it.

But I'm so happy to hear about no soreness! Isn't that great?! There is simply no way (at any weight) I could be as active in the garden as I am if it weren't for JUDDD. Nothing else is different.

Very glad to hear your GOOD news!

Quote:
Those are incredible side benefits of JUDDD. I think the whole improvement in arthritis etc is beyond fantastic. What were you selling? Inquiring minds and all...
Those side benefits are something I read about, heard other people talk about, but didn't really think were connected. I was just born a cynic and been burned, too.

But I'm here to tell y'all that it's not just the weight loss that is making my arthritis go away. I was sore and creaky and weighed what I do now 6 years ago. It's not just that I'm getting more exercise than I used to and I'm "limbering up". I'm not taking supplements or pills or anything for it... so what else could it be, except JUDDD?

For those with arthritis, this benefit alone is well worth investigating JUDDD, even if the person is at an acceptable weight.
Old 05-13-2012, 03:32 PM   #645
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Quote:
I raise and show dairy goats soooooo I make and sell goat milk soap and lotion to help pay for their rather large feed and alfalfa hay bill. It seems that I do most of the work and they get the benefits.

And I am loving being able to crawl around and get down on the ground and back up without having to have something handy to pull myself up. YEA for JUDDD.
Old 05-13-2012, 07:45 PM   #646
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: skoolmarm729
Stats: 5'8- Size 26
WOE: LC/Water/Exercise
Start Date: Restart 4/30/12
Sungoddess-- I keep reading posts about JUDDD and I must admit, that I'm overwhelmed by the idea of UD. I'm not sure I could handle that kind of freedom. Also, I am not sure I understand exactly how/why JUDD works.

Thank you everybody and I LOVE reading your NSV!!!
Old 05-13-2012, 08:03 PM   #647
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oropendola
Stats: 221.4/186.6/160
WOE: Belly Fat Cure -> JUDDD -> JUDDD + DrK
Start Date: January 2, 2012 -> March 8 -> July 6
Quote:

S.
Sending Zen thoughts and recommendation in SF.
Zen Day Spa - Home
Old 05-13-2012, 08:07 PM   #648
Major LCF Poster!

I've been slowly building up my exercise. I looked at my spreadsheet today and, drumroll please, this week on my exercycle I did 43 miles! When I started this my knee hurt so bad I couldn't do 20 minutes (3-4 miles).
Old 05-13-2012, 08:10 PM   #649
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I'm waiting for the day my knees don't hurt when I get on them. I'm so glad it's possible.
Old 05-13-2012, 08:12 PM   #650
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcestis View Post
I went to the gym today for the first time in FIVE MONTHS. I herniated a disc in December (right around the time I started JUDDD) and recovery is sloooow. However, I tried out the recumbent bike at the gym and it was great!!

Soren, ugh, I loathe being in that kind of situation. Deeeeeep breathing and asking the universe for acceptance - just for a few minutes at a time - might help, even if you have to do it over and over and over again...!
WTG!
Old 05-13-2012, 08:21 PM   #651
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I waited for awhile to post this NSV because I wasn't sure if it was for real or not and was going to stick. But I am tip toeing in here to say that I think I finally have a handle on my up days. When I started JUDDD, I was having trouble keeping my calories limited. If I ate certain trigger foods like tortilla chips or chocolate chip cookies, I could eat in excess of what I was supposed to be eating. Bit by bit, I saw myself gain more control. For a solid month now I have stayed within my UD limit within probably 50 calories either way. I am able to eat carbs without going on a binge. There was a day I would have to "finish it all" If I had a box of girl scout cookies, I couldn't eat two or three-- I ate the whole box. It's been like this for a long long time.

Being able to control this now makes me feel as free as a bird and as light as a cloud. The lack of carb control has been the undoing of many a diet I had been on before. I remember having lost 50 pounds doing LC. I went out to celebrate my 50th birthday and had one ice cream cone to celebrate. It opened the flood gates. All heck broke loose. I was like a a wild beast who had been starving and began to scarf in every carb in sight. I gained back those 50 pounds plus 10 as fast as I could sneeze. It has always been the destruction of my success.

Now, I am able to eat some carbs, some sugar, and stay in control. I know I am not going to be deprived. What can I say. What a victory.
Yes it is! I packed my chips away for a later time. It was too easy to eat just 3 or 4 more. A major victory!
Old 05-14-2012, 10:21 AM   #652
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Babsbabs
Stats: HW203 SW163.8/152.8/145
Start Date: March 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by oropendola View Post
I've been slowly building up my exercise. I looked at my spreadsheet today and, drumroll please, this week on my exercycle I did 43 miles! When I started this my knee hurt so bad I couldn't do 20 minutes (3-4 miles).
Wow, 43 miles is a lot of miles in one week! I am glad your knee is better as it it not fun to exercise with pain.
Old 05-14-2012, 11:00 AM   #653
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cactusrose63
Stats: 156/156/130 - 5'4", Age: 53
WOE: JUDDD 1900/800 or less if I can!
Start Date: JUDDD restart June 2014
Non scale bonus just 10 days in. My stretch capris fit a bit loosely and I don't look like a stuffed sausage in them! I actually got to wear them out in public!
Old 05-14-2012, 11:12 AM   #654
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Wonderful, magical, healthy nsv's here! Congrats all.
Old 05-14-2012, 12:59 PM   #655
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oropendola View Post
Wow- I did no where near that on mine. Congrats! You make me want to do it too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusrose63 View Post
Non scale bonus just 10 days in. My stretch capris fit a bit loosely and I don't look like a stuffed sausage in them! I actually got to wear them out in public!
Just think-- in 20 more days they will be around your ankles
Old 05-14-2012, 01:31 PM   #656
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: Oh, ya know..every morning!
Today's the first day I've noticed this, but my just washed stretchy jeans haven't taken long to feel comfy and not skin tight all freakin' day long.

Love reading everyone's NSV's even if I don't comment much on them!!

Last edited by vanilla_latte; 05-14-2012 at 01:32 PM..
Old 05-14-2012, 01:36 PM   #657

Woo Hoos! I love them all.
Old 05-14-2012, 02:08 PM   #658
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: casmira
Well, I've just spoken to my Mum - I got her started on this about three weeks ago. She has high cholesterol from the liver thing rather than food, but she's heavier than she should be as well. Anyhow, she tells me today that she's noticed a great improvement in her breathing and her energy levels, and we know from past experience that this tends to correspond with a reduction in her cholesterol as well.

So it's kind of magic.
Old 05-14-2012, 03:02 PM   #659
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by casmira View Post
Well, I've just spoken to my Mum - I got her started on this about three weeks ago. She has high cholesterol from the liver thing rather than food, but she's heavier than she should be as well. Anyhow, she tells me today that she's noticed a great improvement in her breathing and her energy levels, and we know from past experience that this tends to correspond with a reduction in her cholesterol as well.

So it's kind of magic.
That is so, so great! Very happy to hear this kind of news!!
Old 05-15-2012, 09:01 AM   #660
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusrose63 View Post
Soon they'll be loose.
Closed Thread