Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2012, 07:11 AM   #31
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
I guess I posted this one somewhere else.

For decades I have had ugly pouches under my eyes (historical proof of years of sinus infections I think). In week five they started tightening up. I think this shows some long-term inflammation is going bye-bye. Still have a way to go but golly, I don't miss them.
This post is partially what inspired me to start. I have wanted to get rid of my undereye pouches so much!! I hope this happens for me!!

All of these posts are wonderful and inspirational. I read them over each day.

Today I have a new one to add. I have arthritis. For quite some time I use baby steps when going up the steps in my house. I mean I step up with my right foot, and then bring my left foot onto the same step. It takes quite awhile to get up the steps.
Last night, I walked up the steps ALTERNATING STEPS. Right foot on one step, left foot on the next. I got up in less than half the time. This is HUGE! There is some internal healing going on for this to happen. This is as exciting as the 10 pound loss.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2012, 07:17 AM   #32
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by sungoddess View Post
Today I have a new one to add. I have arthritis. For quite some time I use baby steps when going up the steps in my house. I mean I step up with my right foot, and then bring my left foot onto the same step. It takes quite awhile to get up the steps.
Last night, I walked up the steps ALTERNATING STEPS. Right foot on one step, left foot on the next. I got up in less than half the time. This is HUGE! There is some internal healing going on for this to happen. This is as exciting as the 10 pound loss.
Wonderful - how exciting to hear!! Looks like you've been on JUDDD for a month now - so yes, you are due to start experiencing that lowered inflammation now too!
Old 02-17-2012, 08:01 AM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Grace
I started a new thread on this and then realized I could have put it here. My big non-scale WooHoo is the extra free time I have. I no longer spend hours reading low-carb recipes searching for suitable substitutes for real food. I just eat the real food and LOVE it!! Cleaning the kitchen only every other day is a big time saver too!
Old 02-18-2012, 08:39 AM   #34
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Quote:
This post is partially what inspired me to start. I have wanted to get rid of my undereye pouches so much!! I hope this happens for me!!

All of these posts are wonderful and inspirational. I read them over each day.

What a wonderful bonus, I am thrilled for you. I definitely feel less discomfort in my one arthritic knee, though I did a lot of walking yesterday and it was sore. Can't ask for too much, but every little helps.

Agreed on the LC recipes Gracie.

I posted this in the whoohoos but I'll do it here too, At a party last night where a lot of my gym friends were present, on of their husbands asked me if I was an instructor. ... Made me feel very good.
Old 02-18-2012, 09:45 AM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: artemis19
Stats: lost 125 lbs (size 22W to 4)/8/6
WOE: LC my way/calorie and carb cycling
Start Date: off and on since 2004
Love being able to fit into pants I haven't been able to wear in a while. And I also seem to save money on groceries!
Old 02-18-2012, 04:09 PM   #36
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
At a party last night where a lot of my gym friends were present, on of their husbands asked me if I was an instructor. ... Made me feel very good.
OMG that is truly a non-scale victory. I would be so happy if someone said that to me!!

Today after shopping, I realized what some others have stated- I am spending less money on food!!

(part of it is now I do not feel I have to finish off whatever I have started eating. Shades of deprivation from the past. I felt I HAD to eat the whole pint of ice cream. Now I can take out a scoop and leave the rest for another day. )
Old 02-18-2012, 06:56 PM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JanetTN
Stats: too much/getting there/just right!
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Jan 2012
My first NSV I noticed was that my knees had stopped hurting.

I have a huge mirror in my operatory at work and when I looked at myself yesterday I thought I looked really rested. Now I think it might be the eye bag reduction thing everyone is talking about.

Another small victory for me is that I am staying off the scale. I am tired of it dictating my mood or determining whether a diet is working for me by the number I see. I plan to weigh once a month and let my clothes tell me how I am doing.
Old 02-18-2012, 09:32 PM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cherryhair
Stats: 230.4/215.8/160
Start Date: 1/4/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanetTN View Post
My first NSV I noticed was that my knees had stopped hurting.

I have a huge mirror in my operatory at work and when I looked at myself yesterday I thought I looked really rested. Now I think it might be the eye bag reduction thing everyone is talking about.

Another small victory for me is that I am staying off the scale. I am tired of it dictating my mood or determining whether a diet is working for me by the number I see. I plan to weigh once a month and let my clothes tell me how I am doing.
Old 02-19-2012, 08:18 AM   #39
MLE
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MLE
Stats: 175/140/130 5'5"
WOE: Atkins/Crackin'
Start Date: June 2010/New start in 2012
What a great thread! Thanks for starting this Sungoddess!!
It is necessary at times to get the mind off of "the numbers" and focus on other really important aspects of a healthy lifestyle/woe, at least for me.
NSV, hmmm, let me think...
*Knowing that I CAN control what I put in my mouth...I do it every DD!
*Being able to distinguish between REAL hunger and appetite stimulated by stress/boredom/tiredness/anxiety/PMS/etc.
*Being more mindful about what I eat but less paranoid at the same time (anyone relate?) - loving the freedom from "dieting", per se.
*I drink a LOT more water and tea, and less soda.
*My late-30's acne has cleared up and my TOM acne is reduced.
*My "pear-shaped" body is changing to more of an hour-glass - my thigh's are usually the last place I loose and they are definitely changing for the better!!
*My clothes from college are starting to fit again!
*I have more stamina during exercise.
*My body recovers from exercise faster.
*DH comments on the change in my body frequently = boosts my self-esteem.
*Definitely less self-concious about being naked, which DH LOVES.
*I feel leaner, sexier, stronger!
Lost 30lbs. in 6 months with Atkins
Learned the value of carbs with CTFLC
Trying JUDDD on for size
Minigoal - 135lbs.
GOAL - 125lbs.
Old 02-19-2012, 10:08 PM   #40
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Spank'd
Stats: 223/217/145
Start Date: Restarted 1/11/14
I'll pop in on this thread.

1. Spending less on food overall.
2. My husband enjoys going to restaurants with me that were previously off limits, like sushi, pho, and pizza.
3. Like another poster here said, I am "shopping" in my old "skinny clothes" boxes, and things are fitting.
4. I am looking forward to wearing summer clothes.
5. I fit into the motorcycle pants I bought last year which didn't go past mid-thigh in November. I'll be able to ride in them once the weather heats up just a bit more.
6. When I do go shopping again, it won't be at Lane Bryant. Or Catherine's. Or in the plus area in any department store.
7. I'm no longer looking for a diet that works.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:31 AM   #41
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spank'd View Post
7. I'm no longer looking for a diet that works.

THAT!!!!!

It is so wonderful.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:38 AM   #42
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: synger
Stats: Start: 310 Current: 259
WOE: Calorie and carb counting, IR Diet framework
Start Date: IR/PCOS: Dx pre-diabetic 3/2010
Okay... I'm going to the indoor pool with my family today, because it's a school and work holiday. I put on my bathing suit. I knew I'd been losing some inches, and I expected the belly to be comfie (rather than the normal snug-to-tight). But my bosom is completely lost in the top! It's gonna be interesting in the water... it's not quite so loose that I think I'll float out, but I think it's gonna take a few laps to get used to it!
Old 02-20-2012, 08:59 AM   #43

Wonderful, and funny. I await an update on how you kept your modesty....
Old 02-21-2012, 06:30 AM   #44
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: synger
Stats: Start: 310 Current: 259
WOE: Calorie and carb counting, IR Diet framework
Start Date: IR/PCOS: Dx pre-diabetic 3/2010
Had a GREAT time at the pool... I always forget how much I enjoy it until I go again. Kept my modesty, but definitely felt weird. Especially when sitting in the hot tub, or doing deep-water running, where I was mostly vertical. My bosom is more "floaty" than it used to be (probably because it's more saggy when not in water!). But when water-walking or doing laps (or sitting in the sauna) it was fine.

Definitely going to have to get a smaller suit this spring.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:50 AM   #45

Swimsuit shopping is always a bit of a challenge isn't it? They never look right in a changing room environment.
Old 02-23-2012, 12:04 PM   #46
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

The more I meticulously monitor my calories intake, the more I realize how much I was actually overeating on a daily basis. LC worked for me for awhile and then I stopped losing. Perhaps it was because I wasn't also lowering my calories as I lost weight. I thought as long as I kept my carbs at certain point, I could eat what I wanted. Maybe it was simply I was eating too many calories.

On my UD's, it is VERY easy for me to eat way way more than I should be so with the help of the calorie counters, I am now able to control that and see exactly what foods quickly pack on the calories and which foods I can eat more of.

This has been a really good learning experience for me.
Old 02-23-2012, 12:10 PM   #47
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: shirlc
Stats: 144/130.5/130-5'5"
WOE: Low/Mod Carb, JUDDD (JUDDD, 10/25/11 at 141.5)
Start Date: March, 2006
Quote:
The more I meticulously monitor my calories intake, the more I realize how much I was actually overeating on a daily basis. LC worked for me for awhile and then I stopped losing. Perhaps it was because I wasn't also lowering my calories as I lost weight. I thought as long as I kept my carbs at certain point, I could eat what I wanted. Maybe it was simply I was eating too many calories.

On my UD's, it is VERY easy for me to eat way way more than I should be so with the help of the calorie counters, I am now able to control that and see exactly what foods quickly pack on the calories and which foods I can eat more of.

This has been a really good learning experience for me.
Amen to this!!!
Old 02-24-2012, 06:22 AM   #48

Popped into a new gym to ask about class timetables. The receptionist showed me their schedule and when I started to copy them said "No, that one is for the over 55's only".

Very smile making.
Old 02-24-2012, 08:44 AM   #49
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/114.8/128 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD - 1/1/12 + intermittent LCHF
Quote:
"No, that one is for the over 55's only".

Vicky, aren't you glad you have those genes?
Old 02-24-2012, 08:50 AM   #50

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
I have one:

My skin is getting better. I normally have a red face all of the time--nose, cheeks and chin. I am very self-conscious about this and never leave the house without foundation to cover it up.

One day last week, I was looking at my face in the mirror and, although I could tell that I didn't have the foundation on, I felt like I was okay without it. Not stunning, but okay. I put on some eyeliner and mascara and left the house.
Old 02-24-2012, 09:41 AM   #51
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Carmiel
Stats: 203/163.4/155
Start Date: 2/12/2012
Quote:
Popped into a new gym to ask about class timetables. The receptionist showed me their schedule and when I started to copy them said "No, that one is for the over 55's only".

Very smile making.
Love this!!
Old 02-24-2012, 09:45 AM   #52
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Carmiel
Stats: 203/163.4/155
Start Date: 2/12/2012
This morning I handed one of my co-workers a box of Girl Scout Cookies that I had bought last week to take out and share with the rest of the guys in the warehouse...he says: "Not me, I'm not eating these, I want to look as good as you are looking."
Old 02-24-2012, 09:46 AM   #53
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

Very smile making.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna Loca View Post
I have one:

My skin is getting better. I normally have a red face all of the time--nose, cheeks and chin. I am very self-conscious about this and never leave the house without foundation to cover it up.

One day last week, I was looking at my face in the mirror and, although I could tell that I didn't have the foundation on, I felt like I was okay without it. Not stunning, but okay. I put on some eyeliner and mascara and left the house.

These are both so exciting!! JUDDD- better than beauty from a bottle!
Old 02-24-2012, 10:57 AM   #54

Thanks everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna Loca View Post
I have one:

That is just wonderful Luna Loca. I used to have rosacea, and when I lost 84 lbs 10 years ago, it went!. It only reoccurs in very hot weather now. I will be interested to see if that happens now that I have the anti inflammatory properties of JUDDD working too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmiel View Post
This morning I handed one of my co-workers a box of Girl Scout Cookies that I had bought last week to take out and share with the rest of the guys in the warehouse...he says: "Not me, I'm not eating these, I want to look as good as you are looking."
Well how very nice!
Old 02-24-2012, 11:49 AM   #55
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/114.8/128 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD - 1/1/12 + intermittent LCHF
Come to think of it, my rosy red cheeks and Santa Claus nose are looking a lot more human these days.
Old 02-24-2012, 12:57 PM   #56

Old 02-26-2012, 01:42 PM   #57
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

A person I haven't seen for about six months said , wow you are looking great! You've dropped weight and you are glowing!!
Old 02-26-2012, 02:12 PM   #58

Nice, very nice!
Old 02-28-2012, 08:48 AM   #59
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Anyone have some updates?? I only weigh myself once a month so I look for the non-scale blessings JUDDD gives us. I am in need of some additional motivation today. Any one have any updates to this thread?
Old 02-28-2012, 09:07 AM   #60
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
I'll say that I love the flexibility on JUDDD, especially in maintenance.

With a traumatic health event going on in my family, I have been running back and forth to a hospital an hour-and-a-half away most days, and been quite stressed, pre-menstrual, etc. yet have been maintaining OK. After 2 FDs in a row, I switched to my version of MUDDDg on Thursday and therefore I haven't had to think so much about food, calories, and when to eat or not to eat.

I think things are starting to settle down but I plan to continue MUDDDg at least for a while to come.

ALSO

I have to wear a belt to hold my jeans up. (need to shop at Goodwill soon!)

I need a new, much smaller bathing suit by the end of May. The one I bought last year was when I was at my biggest and though I spent a lot on it for just one season (a sort of last-minute beach trip and I had to get something right then), I am of course glad I only got to wear it once, and that I need a much smaller one. Maybe when I get my new one in the coming months I will do a before/after shot wearing each bathing suit at the size I am now.
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!
Closed Thread