Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2012, 02:42 PM   #511
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: TryingJudd
Stats: Started Judd on 3.26.12
WOE: Judd
Start Date: 3.26.12
Oooh new clothes - congrats to you Alcestis and KeirasMom and all the baggy jeans folks! This is one of the rewards I will definitely be giving myself when I get a bit farther along and can start throwing out the stuff I am wearing now. For now trying to stay out of the stores so I don't waste money on clothes that will CLEARLY be too big for me in a month or two (please, please, please).

Last edited by TryingJudd; 04-29-2012 at 02:43 PM..

Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2012, 03:39 PM   #512
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcestis View Post
I just spent two hours shopping in Macy's this afternoon. Trying on those size 12s I'd given up on and looking pretty darned fabulous. This WOE is going to bankrupt me
Size 12's. Woo hoo!!!!! Shop at resale stores for awhile. There are some great bargains.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotitnow View Post
Bev...Just noticing again the 90lbs. lost. Goodness, that's fabulous. You are also a super-star!!!

Phyl
Thank you so muich!!!
Old 04-30-2012, 04:39 AM   #513
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10

Scale victory Bev!
Old 05-01-2012, 03:54 PM   #514

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
Don't want this thread to die.

I have two--both kinda weird. One is that my ribcage is becoming more prominent--especially when I'm laying down. DH commented on how "bony" I'm getting. No one's called me bony in, um, forever.

Second one is that my shirt looks almost as good tucked in as it does out! Almost.
Old 05-01-2012, 05:09 PM   #515
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna Loca View Post

I have two--both kinda weird. One is that my ribcage is becoming more prominent--especially when I'm laying down. DH commented on how "bony" I'm getting. No one's called me bony in, um, forever.

Second one is that my shirt looks almost as good tucked in as it does out! Almost.
Woot, Woot, WOOTY-WOOT!! That's something I'm *really looking forward to! Very glad for you!

Next thing you know, you'll be out shopping for belts because you can really show them off now.
Old 05-01-2012, 05:12 PM   #516
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Alcestis
Stats: 210/170/155 5' 8"
Start Date: December 13th, 2011
Quote:

Woohoo Luna! I can't remember the last time I even considered tucking in my shirt. When I read your post I thought, "Oh yeah, I guess people do that. Hey... I could maybe do it."

That's something else to look forward to!!!
Old 05-01-2012, 07:35 PM   #517
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Oh yeah on the tucking in shirts and wearing belts. I haven't done that in so long, and now I LOVE wearing them that way.

This thread is way too important to let it slip into oblivion.
Old 05-02-2012, 05:40 AM   #518
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Better With Age
Stats: 169/158.9/145
Start Date: March 21, 2012
The victory is that my husband is now seeing the JUDDD magic work on me so he said he was going to do JUDDD with me. He did the first two weeks with me but the DD were not fun for him and he was not seeing results. So he started today with me on my DD and will shoot for 800 or 900 and see what happens.

Melissa
Old 05-02-2012, 07:47 AM   #519
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

Who knew we had bones, right?? And a tucked in shirt- wow, I haven't done that since I was 12!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Better With Age View Post
The victory is that my husband is now seeing the JUDDD magic work on me so he said he was going to do JUDDD with me. He did the first two weeks with me but the DD were not fun for him and he was not seeing results. So he started today with me on my DD and will shoot for 800 or 900 and see what happens.

Melissa
Huge victory. It is such validation when someone uses us as a role model to inspire a new way of life for themselves.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:30 AM   #520
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: Oh, ya know..every morning!
My muffin "bottom" .. you know, that lovely area between your belly button and the nether regions .. I'm noticing it's beginning to shrink a bit and there's not as much to grab.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:38 AM   #521
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
I finally have something to add to this thread (and YAY to Bev, 90lbs total, OMG you're my hero!)

I've been traveling more for work now than in the past few years, and I can say that on this last trip (as opposed to the one I did at the end of Feb/early March)-- the seatbelt on the plane was a bit looser, and the bathroom was a wee bit more roomy.

Since I almost always go on the same airline/same type of airplane to the same place, I can continue to evaluate... sort of like trying on smaller jeans, but more public and expensive

Keep up the good work JUDDD BUDDS
Soren

Plan to Win, Win when you Plan (re: food)
Old 05-02-2012, 09:43 AM   #522
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: TryingJudd
Stats: Started Judd on 3.26.12
WOE: Judd
Start Date: 3.26.12
Yah for a more comfortable plane ride Soren!

My NSV happened yesterday during an UD when I FINALLY understood what some of you talk about having to force feed more calories at the end of the day. I was full and comfortable and several hundred calories short of my ceiling so had to convince myself to eat a bit more to stay on plan. New experience for me. I really thought you were all just a different breed because I have never had that happen though I often went OVER my UD ceiling and need to really watch calories and diet on UDs to stay within limits. Maybe those UDs will get easier with time, too?

Happy Judding!
Old 05-02-2012, 09:45 AM   #523
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanilla_latte View Post
My muffin "bottom" .. you know, that lovely area between your belly button and the nether regions .. I'm noticing it's beginning to shrink a bit and there's not as much to grab.
Love it! Never heard of a muffin bottom, but I get it. Great news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorenkkg View Post
I finally have something to add to this thread (and YAY to Bev, 90lbs total, OMG you're my hero!)

I've been traveling more for work now than in the past few years, and I can say that on this last trip (as opposed to the one I did at the end of Feb/early March)-- the seatbelt on the plane was a bit looser, and the bathroom was a wee bit more roomy.

Since I almost always go on the same airline/same type of airplane to the same place, I can continue to evaluate... sort of like trying on smaller jeans, but more public and expensive

Soren
Well isn't THAT wonderful! I have a terrible fear of flying. Not because I fear crashes, but I fear not fitting in the seat well or having the seat belt go around me! I hate it when you are stuffed in the middle seat and people kind of "size you up" as you come down the aisle hoping you aren't sitting next to them. Before, I couldn't get the tray to come down and sit on the top of my thighs, so I would go without eating the meals. I so badly want to feel normal on airplanes. Thanks for posting this because it is a reminder to me and motivating. AND OMG those bathrooms... I just want to celebrate the day when things like airline seats and seat belts and amusement park rides all fit! Well done Soren.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:54 AM   #524

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorenkkg View Post

Soren
That's awesome!! And on the bolded.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:13 AM   #525
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Babsbabs
Stats: HW203 SW163.8/152.8/145
Start Date: March 2012
I love reading everyone's NSV's! I am so glad that this thread is still here! I finally had an unexpected NSV today. I went shopping today and noticed that some of my new JUDDD thinking is changing more than my eating. I went to several of my favorite shops today and couldn't find anything to purchase and then I realized that I am looking at shopping the same way that I have learned to look at food. I was asking myself "do I really really want this and is it really worth the money (calories)?" "you can get it if you want it but is that what you really want?" I think this diet is going to save me money on food and clothes but I also think that I am going to need some new things soon!
Old 05-02-2012, 11:28 AM   #526

Babs, look at you making wise choices...not just with food but in other areas of your life!!! A true victory and one that will serve you well!!!!
Old 05-02-2012, 12:08 PM   #527
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Luna! I think that you are right. JUDDD has been such a great find for me as I have a tendency to go to extremes with things and this way of eating has helped me to really see that that is ok but made me aware that I still need to balance everything out. It has also helped me to become much more conscious that even when I am not paying attention to my choices I am still making them. I seem to be in an introspective mood today!
Congratulations on moving into maintenance Luna! I hope to get myself over there soon too,
Old 05-02-2012, 02:11 PM   #528

Lovely NSVs here.

My NSV is that in my toning class yesterday, while doing my 'squats', we had to hold onto our forearms. My forearms felt as if they belonged to someone else... no extra flesh there!
Old 05-02-2012, 08:28 PM   #529
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
Lovin these NSV's. I see myself in all of them. Hurray for everyone of us. Happy Happy Joy Joy!!!!! Sooooooooooooooo glad for my BUDDS!

Phyl
Old 05-03-2012, 06:58 AM   #530
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: Oh, ya know..every morning!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TryingJudd View Post
Yah for a more comfortable plane ride Soren!

My NSV happened yesterday during an UD when I FINALLY understood what some of you talk about having to force feed more calories at the end of the day. I was full and comfortable and several hundred calories short of my ceiling so had to convince myself to eat a bit more to stay on plan. New experience for me. I really thought you were all just a different breed because I have never had that happen though I often went OVER my UD ceiling and need to really watch calories and diet on UDs to stay within limits. Maybe those UDs will get easier with time, too?

Happy Judding!

Isn't it great?! The morning of an UD has me trying to gather as much food as I can to take to work and wondering if it'll be enough with whatever I eat after work to reach my UD calories. What an odd and novel thing to have to do!!
Old 05-03-2012, 07:00 AM   #531
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Whooo hooo on all these great NSV, guys! Keep em comin'!
Old 05-03-2012, 09:02 AM   #532
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Lovely NSVs here.

My NSV is that in my toning class yesterday, while doing my 'squats', we had to hold onto our forearms. My forearms felt as if they belonged to someone else... no extra flesh there!
Woohoo! I have 2 to share, one sort of related to this. Except for me, it's been my thighs that have seemed unfamiliar. The past few days, I've been noticing that they feel smaller and more toned. Which is weird, because I am NOT an exerciser. I did walk 2 miles yesterday, but that is the first thing I've done in weeks.

I remember Sophiecat talking a couple months ago about poking her legs and feeling more muscle under the skin, and that's exactly what I've been doing the past few days. I even showed dh this morning that I have muscle definition in my thighs! He was appropriately impressed and didn't laugh at me. This is so cool!

My second NSV is tape measure related. My weight hasn't changed in the past 2 weeks, still 125. But I've lost 1/2 inch in my ribcage and 1/2 inch in my right thigh (bearing out my observation above). So JUDDD is still re-sculpting me, even without a scale change.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:47 AM   #533
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykidsteacher View Post
Woohoo! I have 2 to share, one sort of related to this. Except for me, it's been my thighs that have seemed unfamiliar. The past few days, I've been noticing that they feel smaller and more toned. Which is weird, because I am NOT an exerciser. I did walk 2 miles yesterday, but that is the first thing I've done in weeks.

I remember Sophiecat talking a couple months ago about poking her legs and feeling more muscle under the skin, and that's exactly what I've been doing the past few days. I even showed dh this morning that I have muscle definition in my thighs! He was appropriately impressed and didn't laugh at me. This is so cool!

My second NSV is tape measure related. My weight hasn't changed in the past 2 weeks, still 125. But I've lost 1/2 inch in my ribcage and 1/2 inch in my right thigh (bearing out my observation above). So JUDDD is still re-sculpting me, even without a scale change.
Those are great woohoos! Love to read about your continued success and it is great that the benefits extend into maintanence.
Improved muscle tone is a fantastic plus and would explain the lost 1/2 inch!
Old 05-03-2012, 11:03 AM   #534
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bmoyer1
Stats: 196/149.2/125
WOE: lc
Start Date: January 2005
these nsv are sooo exciting.

I am only 1 real month in but am down 10 lbs, so happy about that.

as far as nsv's ...hubby is eating this way with me now.
but the biggest is I have regained hope, no....not hope...confidence.
I thought about it today while taking a walk in the gorgeous sunshine, with the birds singing..(cue music lololol)
I am coming out of the other side of menopause, I have tried every diet and lost and regained, I have worked out every day and then walked too, and then lifted weights, We took up bike riding and roller blading and tennis and starved ourselves on hcg, and every time something would happen and it would come back. Really ladies, I had given up, I figured I would rather have the weight on me and eat what I wanted and stop worrying and obsessing about food, than to feel like such a fool, I mean seriously, who believed I was really doing all that stuff? I should have been skinny, really I should have been.

This way of eating has restored my confidence, I knew how to lose weight when I was young, and when I look back, it was because this was pretty much how I ate, I was too busy to worry about food, and would forget to eat one day, and then eat like crazy the next lol. alright, sorry for so many words...I love JUDDD
Betty

Last edited by bmoyer1; 05-03-2012 at 11:05 AM..
Old 05-03-2012, 12:25 PM   #535
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmoyer1 View Post

I thought about it today while taking a walk in the gorgeous sunshine, with the birds singing..(cue music lololol)
I am coming out of the other side of menopause, I have tried every diet and lost and regained, I have worked out every day and then walked too, and then lifted weights, We took up bike riding and roller blading and tennis and starved ourselves on hcg, and every time something would happen and it would come back. Really ladies, I had given up, I figured I would rather have the weight on me and eat what I wanted and stop worrying and obsessing about food, than to feel like such a fool, I mean seriously, who believed I was really doing all that stuff? I should have been skinny, really I should have been.

This way of eating has restored my confidence, I knew how to lose weight when I was young, and when I look back, it was because this was pretty much how I ate, I was too busy to worry about food, and would forget to eat one day, and then eat like crazy the next lol. alright, sorry for so many words...I love JUDDD
Betty
Isn't this way of eating great! It is so freeing to have that confidence back!
Old 05-03-2012, 01:29 PM   #536

Quote:

Betty
Betty I love everything you say in this post. You have tried so hard. All of us here have tried so hard.

We read the books and believed the science. In many ways I still do. I want so much to say, Low Carb is the right way to live. Taubes, Atkins and the rest were my mentors.

But. Dr Johnson has given me my life back.

I eat well and healthily, most of the time. (Not this evening.) Each day I look at the scale in astonishment as it shows me a a weight that is lower that any I hoped for in years. My clothes not only fit but are too big (again).

But, as you say, I am confident that I can eat and enjoy my life. Yes, on a DD I may say to my friends the I don't want to eat their choice of foods. But the following day I enjoy all the great foods our 21st century planet has to offer me.

Must go now to finish my wine and eat my dark chocolate chilli chocolate.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.
Old 05-03-2012, 02:08 PM   #537
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bmoyer1
Stats: 196/149.2/125
WOE: lc
Start Date: January 2005
mmmmm chocolate lol
yep, I am free..
Betty
Old 05-03-2012, 02:17 PM   #538

Old 05-03-2012, 05:50 PM   #539
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
Quote:

Betty
First off, CONGRATULATIONS!

Second... YESSSSSSSSS! I've written here several times about how I never had a weight problem at all when I ate this way well into adulthood. It's like getting my old self back. Feels great.

KUTGW, I just know you're going to succeed!
Old 05-04-2012, 02:49 AM   #540
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: annieS
WOE: vegetarian/JUDDD
Start Date: january to march 2011 / 2nd start 16 feb 2012
Yeah ! I have a NSV to share

Yesterday my dear fiancé told me my jeans were too baggy, that I should wash them to tight them up... but they were right out of the washing machine, the fittest they could be ... yeah me !

Closed Thread