Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2012, 03:15 PM   #451
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/146.4/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mykidsteacher View Post
Got my license renewed today, and I actually LIKE my photo! Can definitely see the differences from 6 years ago when I was so much heavier. I think I look so much younger now than then. I wanted someone to ask for my id at the store just so I could show it off. ROFLOL
Awesome! That made me look at mine, and I realized I actually weigh 26.2 pounds LESS than my drivers' license says! I know we all lie about our weight on our DL's, but really, that's ridiculous!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2012, 04:00 PM   #452
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Yeah, I'm less than my dl weight too. But only by 4 pounds, so I left it. LOL
Old 04-17-2012, 05:57 PM   #453
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
WOE: JUDDD
Great NSV Tina!! LOVE IT!!!

Phyl
Old 04-18-2012, 09:36 AM   #454
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazzie View Post
Did you tell her?
Yes I did. I did tell her that my primary doc had put me on the DASH diet and during that time, I didn't lose any weight and it had no positive effect on my blood pressure. I told her I was doing JUDDD which was a type of intermittent fasting. I told her there was tons of great research on it. She said that it didn't sound all that healthy...
WHAT???? I said you are looking right at the proof of it being healthy!! My blood pressure is now great!! She just kind of nodded, but she did record it in my chart and said she would look into it.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:57 AM   #455
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: Maintaining ±4 lbs.
Wow~!!

Even seeing the proof in black and white, she still remained a doubting Thomas!
Old 04-18-2012, 12:04 PM   #456
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sungoddess View Post
I told her I was doing JUDDD which was a type of intermittent fasting. I told her there was tons of great research on it. She said that it didn't sound all that healthy...
WHAT???? I said you are looking right at the proof of it being healthy!! My blood pressure is now great!! She just kind of nodded, but she did record it in my chart and said she would look into it.
Odds she forgets all about it? We are accepting bets. Warning: if that nurse rally grasped the idea that nutrition and health hold hands, IF and caloric restriction would not be strange to her.

Beverly, that BP is way beyond anything an emoticon can express. Every day, in every way, you are rebuilding your own health. Weight loss is just one component of the wonderful things you are doing for yourself while noshing gourmet chocolates!
Old 04-18-2012, 12:18 PM   #457
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sazzie View Post
Wow~!!

Even seeing the proof in black and white, she still remained a doubting Thomas!
I know... I was hoping she would spread the word, but she seemed disinterested in hearing more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
Odds she forgets all about it? We are accepting bets. Warning: if that nurse rally grasped the idea that nutrition and health hold hands, IF and caloric restriction would not be strange to her.

Beverly, that BP is way beyond anything an emoticon can express. Every day, in every way, you are rebuilding your own health. Weight loss is just one component of the wonderful things you are doing for yourself while noshing gourmet chocolates!
You just brought tears to my eyes with that comment because it is so true. I think of how terribly ill I was last July and how far I have come. I have to keep looking at the print out of my BP to see if I was dreaming it or if it is really real!! I am hoping my lipid panel is as improved. And oh yes my dear, the yummy gourmet chocolates!! Yesterday I celebrated my newest BP reading with just that- Cocobon wine from Trader Joes, and dark chocolate with sea salt. *sigh* life is good!
Old 04-18-2012, 01:03 PM   #458
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
It is indeed a fabulous perk!! Today's reading was even lower for me- 110/65. I haven't seen those numbers for years!! My nurse asked me, just what are you doing????
Whoo hoo, Bev!!! Congrats on this major health accomplishment! You've got blood pressure like a child This woe sure fits you to a T and seems like it reverses aging quite well, lol.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:10 PM   #459
Major LCF Poster!

Awww, Bev, I could not be happier for you.

Phyl
Old 04-19-2012, 08:12 AM   #460
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
Whoo hoo, Bev!!! Congrats on this major health accomplishment! You've got blood pressure like a child This woe sure fits you to a T and seems like it reverses aging quite well, lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotitnow View Post
Awww, Bev, I could not be happier for you.

Phyl
Thank you, my VERY SUPPORTIVE friends.
Old 04-19-2012, 03:08 PM   #461
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MargeGunderson
Stats: 178/130/120
WOE: LC; LG, no wheat, VVLS(ugar)
Start Date: Feb. 1, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Marge is here, missed you Marge.
Aw, thanks, I missed you all! My connection will be spotty for awhile, until I pay down some of my medical debt and can afford my own access again, but I will check in whenever I can!
Old 04-19-2012, 03:15 PM   #462

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Old 04-19-2012, 03:19 PM   #463
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Yes I did. I did tell her that my primary doc had put me on the DASH diet and during that time, I didn't lose any weight and it had no positive effect on my blood pressure. I told her I was doing JUDDD which was a type of intermittent fasting. I told her there was tons of great research on it. She said that it didn't sound all that healthy...
Wow, my doctor has been an angel on earth for years now, even calling me personally to chew me out for avoiding my followups because I'm broke.

But beyond that, she also listens to and respects her patients, what a rarity! She isn't 100 percent on board the Atkins train, big surprise, but she never sneers at anything like that and always, always tries to find some respectful compromise even when she thinks we're headed down the wrong road. She emphasized she prefers a balanced diet, but also strongly encouraged me to keep off the bad carbs and praised the obvious weight loss and improved BP.

Even as kind and respectful as she is, I was nervous awhile ago to confess I hadn't had my BP meds for two months because I was broke. I told her how relieved I was she didn't take my head off for my stupidity, and she said like it's the most obvious thing in the world (which it is, to anyone not in the medical field ), "I need you to be honest with me to be able to help you, and if you're afraid to tell me what's going on, that's bad for both of us!"

And yes, I was in the medical field for 11 years, and worked with a lot of docs and nurses (only one of which was like her), so I can say that!

Oh and as of today, I'm on zero BP meds; we check back in two weeks to see if I get to stay off them completely. We went from two, to one, to half-dose and now none, with drastically decreased BP numbers, all since Feb. 1.

Encouraging a food addict to "just have one treat, so you'll stay motivated and on track" is like encouraging an alcoholic to just have one drink so they won't fall off the wagon.
Old 04-19-2012, 03:53 PM   #464

Take a bow Marge x
Old 04-19-2012, 04:00 PM   #465
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Marge, you must be on cloud nine!!

Old 04-20-2012, 04:39 AM   #466

Now that is brilliant Beverley...
Old 04-20-2012, 09:17 AM   #467
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Take a bow Marge x
Thanks! And I actually can now, with about half of my belly out of the way!
But without my LCFs? Never would've happened. Never would've survived the now month-long stall I'm still fighting through without you folks!
Old 04-20-2012, 09:18 AM   #468
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Marge, you must be on cloud nine!!

Is that me in there, looking all nice and thin? And it looks so cozy and comfy!
Old 04-20-2012, 10:50 AM   #469
Major LCF Poster!

Marge, this truly is a "VICTORY" in every sense of the word. I applaud you and so happy for you. Our health (as you already know) is such an important part of this "game"!!!

Phyl
Old 04-22-2012, 07:29 AM   #470
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I noticed another skin change. I tend to get these small (some not so small)yellowish bumps around my eye area. Not skin tags, but something a doctor described as a deposit of cholesterol in the eyelid region or 'Xanthoma' . I had one removed once, but it left a scar and they come back. I guess because of high LDL levels. Well, I was washing my face and noticed two were gone!! Yes indeed that makes me thrilled. Not only because I don't want them there, but it probably means my cholesterol levels are improving!!

Here's to prettier eyelids!!!
Anyone else have some NSV's to report??

disclaimer- this is not my beautiful eye

Last edited by sungoddess; 04-22-2012 at 07:41 AM..
Old 04-22-2012, 07:48 AM   #471
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Starting this. Day 4. That's a victory.
Enjoying chocolate and peanut butter already. Maybe I'll go wild and have an orange today.
HOPE is a victory. Sure, about having my body where I'd like it, but more about feeling kind and generous toward myself. "Here! Have a little dessert! Try the pie!" that kind of thing. I could weep when I contemplate doing that without fear or guilt. So hope, yeah.
Old 04-22-2012, 08:20 AM   #472

I hear you JoyJoy!

And Beverly that is incredible. I knew they were to do with cholesterol and I am amazed they are going.
Old 04-22-2012, 10:10 AM   #473
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyjoy View Post
Enjoying chocolate and peanut butter already. Maybe I'll go wild and have an orange today.
HOPE is a victory. Sure, about having my body where I'd like it, but more about feeling kind and generous toward myself. "Here! Have a little dessert! Try the pie!" that kind of thing. I could weep when I contemplate doing that without fear or guilt. So hope, yeah.
Yes'm!! Glad you found this way of LIVING!
Old 04-22-2012, 10:29 AM   #474

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
Quote:
That's a victory we call all celebrate each and every up day. And even sometimes on a down day. I had a homemade chocolate croissant on a down day once (it was just a pilsbury crescent roll with a little bit of dark chocolate inside, rolled up and baked).

We don't have to be afraid of food anymore. What bigger victory is there?
Old 04-22-2012, 04:02 PM   #475
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Absolutely HOPE is a victory. I feel the same way. I had run out of hope, and finding it again means everything.

Quote:
I hear you JoyJoy!

And Beverly that is incredible. I knew they were to do with cholesterol and I am amazed they are going.
Thank you Cindy. It is incredible to me.
Old 04-22-2012, 04:32 PM   #476
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Alcestis
Stats: 210/165/155 5' 8"
Start Date: December 13th, 2011
This thread always makes me feel warm and cozy inside

My NSV is that I was away on the Cape this weekend and although I didn't stick to my rotations very well (if at all), I didn't feel stressed because I KNEW that a couple of DDs will take care of any upward bounces. Just as significantly, I didn't go hog wild on food, because I never feel deprived and I know I can eat what I want most of the time. I ate food that was a little richer than I usually have, but I ate it mindfully, joyously, and in peace.
Old 04-22-2012, 04:37 PM   #477

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/146.4/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Love this one Alcestis!
Old 04-22-2012, 06:15 PM   #478
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcestis View Post

My NSV is that I was away on the Cape this weekend and although I didn't stick to my rotations very well (if at all), I didn't feel stressed because I KNEW that a couple of DDs will take care of any upward bounces. Just as significantly, I didn't go hog wild on food, because I never feel deprived and I know I can eat what I want most of the time. I ate food that was a little richer than I usually have, but I ate it mindfully, joyously, and in peace.

It's so freeing! I can at last feel normal again. At least with regards to eating.
Old 04-22-2012, 06:39 PM   #479
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcestis View Post

This is wonderful!

And Hope is definitely a victory!

Great on the eye improvement SG. I have one of those on my left eyelid, never knew what it was called. Hope it goes away for me too.
Old 04-23-2012, 02:22 AM   #480
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Mimosa23
Stats: 227.2/192.1/160
WOE: Keto
Start Date: 2 January 2014
YAY for everyone and their NSV's!!!! It's great to hear about all the health improvements and the improvements to our overal looks and moods!

Very motivating and inspiring, thanks for sharing!

My NSV for today are health and looks related:

I have a nasty case of blepharitis and have horrible infection flare ups in my right eye. The last time I had a flare up was at the end of February, and I even had to stay in hospital.
This last Friday I felt my eyelid burn and itch again, and it looked red. Saturday was my DD and it went away by itself! I've not had this happen before! I've got to take extra care with my eyes, and once an infection of the eyelid starts, I can't stop it. This time it went away by itself.

Not sure if it's to do with SIRT1, or my general health, but I'm thinking that since my immune system is completely shot from all the antibiotics I got a couple of months ago, I'm ascribing the victory to SIRT1!

Also, my jeans were really loose (they are skinny jeans) and I decided to measure myself, and I've lost about 1.5 inches from my thighs, 1.5 from my hips and 2.5 from my waist! Almost time to go down a size in jeans!!!! (which is good, there's plenty of them in my closet and they haven been worn for ages!)

female, 38y/o, 5'10"

my blog:
http://crazybeautyhealth.blogspot.de/
Closed Thread