Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2012, 11:36 PM   #331
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: 2BoysMom
Stats: Too pissed to talk about it
WOE: Keeping it simple- Hi Fat, Mod Protein and Lo Carb
Start Date: 1.26.2004 - 1st time. This time 1.1.2014
Was wearing one of my favorite pair of denim shorts tonight. They are noticeably looser than last summer, but have enough lycra in them that they are still fine to wear as they kind of "spring back".

I did pull out the waist though to show DH how much room there really was in them - and while he was appropriately appreciating my efforts, I commented, "you know what? I bet I could pull them off without even unzipping them!"

He laughed and replied - "Now that's something I'd like to see!"

So........I did.

(But for those of you with a dirty mind....we then went right back to watching TV - hey, "Justified" was on! )

If you want something badly enough, you'll find a way. If you don't you'll find an excuse.

Team in Trainining alumni - San Diego marathon 2005. Half marathon in San Francisco 2007! Working hard to wipe out blood cancers.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2012, 04:12 AM   #332
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Old 04-04-2012, 04:42 AM   #333
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Alcestis
Stats: 16/10/8 5' 8"
WOE: JUDDD 1850/600
Start Date: December 13th, 2011

And congrats on the shorts-victory!
Old 04-04-2012, 04:59 AM   #334

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/144 - 150/155, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Maintenance - 5:2/JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by MargeGunderson View Post

If you click on a post in your e-mail update, you may not be logged in when you first enter that thread. It'll nearly always put you on the top of the thread then. If you try again after you're logged in, it usually works. But don't feel silly or incompetent if it doesn't; various editions of various browsers can cause all sorts of quirks!
Thanks. I always log in before I look at anything, and it happens with every single thread, so I suspect it's whatever edition I'm using.
Old 04-04-2012, 07:05 AM   #335
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BoysMom View Post
Was wearing one of my favorite pair of denim shorts tonight. They are noticeably looser than last summer, but have enough lycra in them that they are still fine to wear as they kind of "spring back".

I did pull out the waist though to show DH how much room there really was in them - and while he was appropriately appreciating my efforts, I commented, "you know what? I bet I could pull them off without even unzipping them!"

So........I did.

(But for those of you with a dirty mind....we then went right back to watching TV - hey, "Justified" was on! )
Congrats on the looser shorts!
Old 04-04-2012, 08:26 AM   #336
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BoysMom View Post

So........I did.

Too funny! I love it.

For my most recent NSV, I am happy to see some medical changes which is one of the reasons I am doing JUDDD. I reported before about my blood pressure, but yesterday it was even better!! Last December it was around 160/92. After two months on JUDDD I saw it going down and yesterday it was 119/76. Good heavens, but that was good to see. The nurse stated the number and I had to look at the machine myself to see if she was reporting correctly!! It's like a little miracle to me.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:28 AM   #337

That is such good news Beverly, I am delighted for you.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:31 AM   #338

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
Beverly, that is awesome. DH is having the same wonderful effect. It's so wonderful that this woe is so healing and normalizing of our body systems while we lose the weight. It's good for our health AND our vanity! How many times can you say that?
Old 04-04-2012, 08:33 AM   #339

Indeed.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:36 AM   #340
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sungoddess View Post
Too funny! I love it.

For my most recent NSV, I am happy to see some medical changes which is one of the reasons I am doing JUDDD. I reported before about my blood pressure, but yesterday it was even better!! Last December it was around 160/92. After two months on JUDDD I saw it going down and yesterday it was 119/76. Good heavens, but that was good to see. The nurse stated the number and I had to look at the machine myself to see if she was reporting correctly!! It's like a little miracle to me.
Wonderful, Beverly! That's awesome!

I know my BP has always been fine, but on JUDDD it has been consistenly lower in a good way when I get it checked.

And, I don't know this is true for everyone, but this makes the 3rd post I've noticed lately where something ELSE magical seems to kick in on JUDDD at around the 8 - 10 week mark. Some of the things I've experienced and read on the forum that had happened for others: Improved mood, improved blood pressure, more weight dropping/fat burning without any other change.

If any new JUDDD buds can keep track of this in their own experience and the "veterans" can look back over records and see if they noticed some sort of significant improvement in their mental/emotional/physical being at around the 8 - 10 week mark on JUDDD?
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!
Old 04-04-2012, 09:26 AM   #341
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
That is such good news Beverly, I am delighted for you.
Thanks for you ongoing support. I appreciate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna Loca View Post
Beverly, that is awesome. DH is having the same wonderful effect. It's so wonderful that this woe is so healing and normalizing of our body systems while we lose the weight. It's good for our health AND our vanity! How many times can you say that?
I am really excited for your DH as well. The thought of not having to go on BP medicine is thrilling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
Wonderful, Beverly! That's awesome!

I know my BP has always been fine, but on JUDDD it has been consistenly lower in a good way when I get it checked.

And, I don't know this is true for everyone, but this makes the 3rd post I've noticed lately where something ELSE magical seems to kick in on JUDDD at around the 8 - 10 week mark. Some of the things I've experienced and read on the forum that had happened for others: Improved mood, improved blood pressure, more weight dropping/fat burning without any other change.

If any new JUDDD buds can keep track of this in their own experience and the "veterans" can look back over records and see if they noticed some sort of significant improvement in their mental/emotional/physical being at around the 8 - 10 week mark on JUDDD?
Is that so? 8-10 weeks? I would LOVE to see if others experienced some things around that time. I love the idea of keeping track of these things and I have been doing that. I can't WAIT to see what others report. Linking it to a certain time period on JUDDD is VERY interesting to me.
Old 04-04-2012, 11:58 AM   #342
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Wonderful news on the lowered bp!

My NSV today is that I can zip the dress!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I posted when I got home from my mom's that my Grandma had given me a dress that no longer fits her (she's 95, and shrinking, lol). It's a size 6, and so pretty. But I couldn't get it zipped all the way (side zipping and wouldn't go up the last inch or so--about 1/2" from closing). This dress is what motivated me to lose a few more pounds and get to 125.

I tried it on this morning and IT ZIPS!!!! I'm def wearing it for Easter. YAHOO!
Old 04-04-2012, 12:15 PM   #343

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykidsteacher View Post

I posted when I got home from my mom's that my Grandma had given me a dress that no longer fits her (she's 95, and shrinking, lol). It's a size 6, and so pretty. But I couldn't get it zipped all the way (side zipping and wouldn't go up the last inch or so--about 1/2" from closing). This dress is what motivated me to lose a few more pounds and get to 125.

I tried it on this morning and IT ZIPS!!!! I'm def wearing it for Easter. YAHOO!
Old 04-04-2012, 12:31 PM   #344
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

I love it when that zipper goes up all the way. Fantastic news!! Post a picture!
Old 04-04-2012, 02:05 PM   #345

Wonderful, Tina.
Old 04-04-2012, 03:03 PM   #346
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
Lovin all the great NSV"s today!!

Tina,wish I had a "new" dress for Easter. Considering shopping, but still am not quite to goal and guess not motivated enough. A few lbs. prob. wouldn't make a lot of difference depending on the cut though. I better "get on my horse" if I'm gonna do that!! Do post a pic. Would love that!

Phyl
Old 04-04-2012, 03:37 PM   #347
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

Yipppeee!!! The dress! She zips! Size 6, you tiny thing!

You didn't have to drop to 125# to wear it, did you?

Raises the chant with everyone else: "pictures, pictures, PICTURES, PICTURES!" OK, no pressure, Tina, lol.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:51 PM   #348
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: laranda
Stats: 185lbs 5'1/147/GOAL-110
WOE: Atkins/IF
Start Date: LC Since 09 JUDDD - 1/30/12
Congrats Tina!

Another vote for a pic here

I'm not sure if this counts as a non-scale victory but...TOM has been a breeze this month. I usually have horrible cramps during it's entire duration. I had cramps *one* day only, I took some fish oil that day and have been feeling fine ever since! Even on LC I never experienced this benefit...I am so happy about this, I don't feel debilitated by the pain anymore. Yay juddd!
Old 04-05-2012, 12:47 AM   #349
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Mimosa23
Stats: 227.2/203.2/160
WOE: NK/ IF
Start Date: 2 January 2014
I'm in awe not only by the weightloss everyone is showing, but these non scale victories are the best! So motivating!

Congratulations to everyone and thanks for sharing!!!!!!

So, my first NSV...

I managed to close a pair of jeans that I had relegated to the back of my wardrobe!!! And... I'm sitting down in them and they are not uncomfortable! YAY!

Actually, I have tons of jeans in all different sizes, so probably my future NSV will be all about the jeans, LOL!

Anyway, on to the next pair that I cannot close today, hopefully in a couple of weeks I'll have another WooHoo to post! xxx

female, 38y/o, 5'10"

UK/European LCF Hangout: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...-1-2014-a.html
Old 04-05-2012, 09:18 AM   #350
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by laranda View Post
Congrats Tina!

I'm not sure if this counts as a non-scale victory but...TOM has been a breeze this month. I usually have horrible cramps during it's entire duration. I had cramps *one* day only, I took some fish oil that day and have been feeling fine ever since! Even on LC I never experienced this benefit...I am so happy about this, I don't feel debilitated by the pain anymore. Yay juddd!
Well I count it as a victory!! I am so glad I don't have to deal with that any longer. I am so happy you are not feeling the pain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimosa23 View Post
I'm in awe not only by the weightloss everyone is showing, but these non scale victories are the best! So motivating!

So, my first NSV...

I managed to close a pair of jeans that I had relegated to the back of my wardrobe!!! And... I'm sitting down in them and they are not uncomfortable! YAY!

Actually, I have tons of jeans in all different sizes, so probably my future NSV will be all about the jeans, LOL!

Anyway, on to the next pair that I cannot close today, hopefully in a couple of weeks I'll have another WooHoo to post! xxx
Congrats on your first NSV!! I call this JUDDD JEAN magic! JJM! So many of us are seeing that kind of NSV. It is SO wonderful to zip them, sit in them, AND feel comfortable.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:03 AM   #351
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: carla70
Stats: 215/215/150
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 03/10/2013
All the NSV's on here are so great!

I had my first NSV last night - I was at my parents and was walking by my dad and he says you have lost weight and then mom chimes in yes I can tell you have. I said I have only lost 9 pounds. They both said it was noticeable. It was nice to hear. JUDDD and exercise are working!
Old 04-05-2012, 10:39 AM   #352

Quote:
Congrats Tina!

I definitely think this counts as a non-scale victory. I used to have bad cramps every month (before I had kids) and they are terrible! I'm glad this is working to make your TOM easier.

Quote:

So, my first NSV...

I'm all about the jeans NSVs. That's pretty much all I wear and one of the easiest ways to tell if you've lost weight. Well, on me at least, because most of the weight I have left to lose is in jeans territory, IYKWIM.

Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carla70 View Post
All the NSV's on here are so great!

I had my first NSV last night - I was at my parents and was walking by my dad and he says you have lost weight and then mom chimes in yes I can tell you have. I said I have only lost 9 pounds. They both said it was noticeable. It was nice to hear. JUDDD and exercise are working!
It's so nice to hear compliments on your hard work! And how wonderful that you have supportive parents who will compliment you...I know so many have toxic parents who are not supportive. I'm so glad for you on both counts!

"Success occurs in clusters and is born in generosity" --Julia Cameron

Describes my JUDDD Buddds perfectly.
Old 04-05-2012, 04:38 PM   #353

Lovely NSVs here, especially when the family make good comments.
Old 04-05-2012, 07:12 PM   #354
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
When I lost my weight in 2003, I bought an entire new wardrobe and since I dressed up everyday, I have way too many clothes in size 8 filling two closets. I got rid of all of my larger things so I have been wearing the same few things over and over since I refuse to buy new dress clothes in larger sizes. Again.
Today I had to go to a meeting and needed to wear a dress. (In my opinion). I knew I had a couple of size 10's somewhere in my closets so I dug around last night and found one. Tried it on and to me it looked too big. Don't know how since I weigh 10 pounds more than I did when I started buying 8's and 10's. Anyway, found a size 8 in a dress similar in style and Yes, I wore it to work today. Perfect fit. Makes no sense but I now have plenty of clothes to wear so I will be wearing dresses again to work everyday. Bye bye old stuff.
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/148/139 JUDDD 01/08/12
Old 04-05-2012, 07:41 PM   #355
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Adi, that is WONDERFUL! How exciting to find you have a whole wardrobe of clothes just waiting for you to wear. You will be stylin'!
Old 04-05-2012, 07:57 PM   #356
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Thanks Tina. I can now go through and get rid of whatever is too big too. Closet cleaning time.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:04 PM   #357
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Yayy, Laranda! So glad this is improving for you! Some other JUDDD buds have mentioned the same type of pain-relief from JUDDD, so you are right on track!

Quote:
So, my first NSV...

Jean whoo hoos are truly great, Mimosa! Because jeans are normally pretty form-fitting and of relatively rigid material, losses and improvements in them are of a truth, a wonderful gauge in weight-loss world! Your'e doing GREAT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carla70 View Post

Awesome, Carla! And those parents you have

Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
When I lost my weight in 2003, I bought an entire new wardrobe and since I dressed up everyday, I have way too many clothes in size 8 filling two closets. I got rid of all of my larger things so I have been wearing the same few things over and over since I refuse to buy new dress clothes in larger sizes. Again.
Today I had to go to a meeting and needed to wear a dress. (In my opinion). I knew I had a couple of size 10's somewhere in my closets so I dug around last night and found one. Tried it on and to me it looked too big. Don't know how since I weigh 10 pounds more than I did when I started buying 8's and 10's. Anyway, found a size 8 in a dress similar in style and Yes, I wore it to work today. Perfect fit. Makes no sense but I now have plenty of clothes to wear so I will be wearing dresses again to work everyday. Bye bye old stuff.
Size 8 is smallllll!!!! WTG, Adi! Another benefactor of the JUDDD magic! Go you!
Old 04-05-2012, 08:35 PM   #358
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_lou_who View Post
Soph- you are thin and have done such good work changing your health! hang in there with the mental/emotional adjustment. It takes time

My bras are on the smallest hooks, which is a big problem for me. Small rib cage - too much boobage.
I just discovered I can get my compression/slimming undergarments back on. They are all mediums (from when I worked in the public eye). Helping to slim the loose skin while I continue to lose. I have to throw out a bunch of "fat undies" they are too bloomery and don't stay put. This is crazy from 10 pounds of loss. SIRT1 is a miracle!!!

Also, my tummy was completely under the water in the bath last night. No one else is going to see that, ever, but it is a big non-scale victory for me.

Plus, I put on my favorite cowgirly shirt that was altered to FIT. I can snap across chest and waist and the snaps stay done still a no go over the hips, but I am getting there. My new reinforcement of being done eating is going in and trying on something I couldn't even get on last year. GIDDY with this
Thank you, Lou!!

And gotta that SIRT1! It does everything for ya - from letting your whole tummy rest under the bathwater to fitting in your fave cowgirl shirt (YEEEHAAAWW!) to complete undergarment mayhem!! Go Lou!!!!
Old 04-06-2012, 12:39 AM   #359
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
Again....I NEVER tire of hearing the latest NSV's.

Adi...You MUST be at or close to goal. At your height, in size 8,that's a slender gal!!!

Phyl
Old 04-06-2012, 01:07 AM   #360
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/114.8/128 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD - 1/1/12 + intermittent LCHF
I missed this thread for a few days. Whoa! It sounds to me like we need to start chanting 'New AVI! Come On, Show It Off! New Avi!' at several people.

Beverly, the bp news is beyond wonderful. I am so happy when I read that and other posts like Tina's decreased inflammation! Concrete proof some of us are truly see health improvements - as in - live long and prosper is just so .

Sophie, the only change I noticed in the 8 - 10 week range was my bright red cheeks and nose began dimming to normal skin color. That is getting better and better, I no longer glow in the dark.

Emotionally, about week four I felt something akin to ketosis euphoria (kind of feeling elevated from the inside) kick in. And it has stuck around most of the time since then.
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
Closed Thread