Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2012, 09:50 AM   #271
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
Soph- you are thin and have done such good work changing your health! hang in there with the mental/emotional adjustment. It takes time

My bras are on the smallest hooks, which is a big problem for me. Small rib cage - too much boobage.
I just discovered I can get my compression/slimming undergarments back on. They are all mediums (from when I worked in the public eye). Helping to slim the loose skin while I continue to lose. I have to throw out a bunch of "fat undies" they are too bloomery and don't stay put. This is crazy from 10 pounds of loss. SIRT1 is a miracle!!!

Also, my tummy was completely under the water in the bath last night. No one else is going to see that, ever, but it is a big non-scale victory for me.

Plus, I put on my favorite cowgirly shirt that was altered to FIT. I can snap across chest and waist and the snaps stay done still a no go over the hips, but I am getting there. My new reinforcement of being done eating is going in and trying on something I couldn't even get on last year. GIDDY with this

Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2012, 10:09 AM   #272
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by aarosali View Post
I just want to record my victory of saying goodbye to diets and hello to the JUDDD way of eating. No more separate meals from hubby. No more fear of carbs. Mindful, yes. Fear, no.
I love this too! Congrats on food freedom, Rose!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sya_unit View Post
In my free time on DD (instead of meals) I have successfully completed three sets of slippers by crochet. And I had to figure the pattern on first! Woo hoo. And that is two weeks...What will I do the next two weeks?
Way to get things done, Sya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by janj View Post
But, for my very own NSV - and a first for me - DH has complimented me on how I look every single day this week He doesn't know about JUDDD, but keeps saying that my outfits are figure flattering. I don't recall he's ever been so positive about my wardrobe
Gotta love that hubby, Jan! And JUDDD has this way of making us look better in our clothes thanks to the fat-burning and muscle sparing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_lou_who View Post
Went to Ann Taylor last night on girls night out. Tried on twelves because the pants were my favorite color. They were way too big, no tens or eights. Sad
Whoo hoo, Lou! Going down in sizes. Have fun shopping!
Old 03-28-2012, 10:24 AM   #273
Blabbermouth!!!

Thank you, Alcestis, Beverly, Tina, Nancy and Everyone who silently "whoo hoo'ed!" with me (since I know I always cheer everyone on here and read all the posts, just don't always have time to reply personally to each one). to all my JUDDD buds!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykidsteacher View Post

My victory today, I had to go over a notch on my belt. I've been between holes for a couple weeks--too loose at the old spot, too tight one in. Today it was just right.
Whoo hoo! Getting to tighten your belt and be comfortable with it is a great feeling, Tina! I was between holes too for a while, and it's so nice to fit one (a smaller one) again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargeGunderson View Post

Was coming out of a public restroom yesterday evening, and suddenly got that uh-oh! panic that I'd forgotten to fasten my jeans. Scrambled backwards inside, and no, they were fastened – they just don't dig in anymore; they're actually getting a bit loose in the waistband!

Great, because I've been stuck on 149-151 (slight increase, even) for more than a week and it doesn't appear to have been TOM like I'd desperately hoped.
Congrats on better-fitting clothes, Marge! Soon you will need smaller sizes so don't get too comfy in those jeans. JUDDD has this fat-burning, muscle-sparing effect that makes us lose inches and look good in our clothes while the scale is asleep on the job, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BoysMom View Post
ok......this is probably in the realm of TMI, but what the heck, we are all among friends, here - right?

My underwear fits better.
Sounds like a whoo hooo to me, Marianne! You may need smaller ones before you know it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post

Sadly I have to report that my skin does fit right anymore. Anyone remember the Saggy Baggy Elephant story?
Hopefully with all the exercise you do and the continued good effects of JUDDD, you will tighten up again. KUTGW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlinggirl View Post
Well one of my victorys was when my wedding ring which was tight.. i can actually put on my right hand now.. my right ring finger was always a full size bigger than my left.. so this was exciting not that i would wear it on the wrong hand.. but it was still cool to have it fit!
Yes, be careful about loose rings, Kimberly! Congrats on the looser fit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSanderson1967 View Post
I know this has been said before... but I am just amazed... I had gastric bypass 7 years go... Stayed at my lowest of 163 for 2 seconds and started gaining again without really changing much of anything.

Ive battled weight ALLLLLLLl my life... Ive had a thyroid condition for 18 years now which made the battle that much harder.

Finally my endocrinologist tested me for diabetes due to my continued wt gain, inability to regulate my thyroid and significant family history... My A1C was 6.1 an indicator of pre-diabetes... This spurred me to start watching my carbs.... 20-30 per meal.. 3lbs on the scale... okay... going the right way. but geez.. NO/low carbs for the rest of my life....
Then I found JUDDD and for the first time in 5 years... Ive been able to lose wt without much issue... dont feel deprived and different for everyone else...
The measuring tape says its working... the scale says its working... and my oldest daughter (who tells it like it is) tells me its working....

Cant wait to see where my body goes with this.....

Hugs to all
Karen
to you too, Karen. This almost made me tears of joy to read! What a great story, and I hope everyone gets a chance to read this. You've done amazing and you deserve your losses on JUDDD. Keep enjoying and doing what you're doing, my JUDDD bud!
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!
Old 03-28-2012, 10:32 AM   #274
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mattsmama
Stats: 188/129.2/135 5'8" 42 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: JUDDD-11/11 to present (LC-5/11-11/11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSanderson1967 View Post
I know this has been said before... but I am just amazed... I had gastric bypass 7 years go... Stayed at my lowest of 163 for 2 seconds and started gaining again without really changing much of anything.

Ive battled weight ALLLLLLLl my life... Ive had a thyroid condition for 18 years now which made the battle that much harder.

Finally my endocrinologist tested me for diabetes due to my continued wt gain, inability to regulate my thyroid and significant family history... My A1C was 6.1 an indicator of pre-diabetes... This spurred me to start watching my carbs.... 20-30 per meal.. 3lbs on the scale... okay... going the right way. but geez.. NO/low carbs for the rest of my life....
Then I found JUDDD and for the first time in 5 years... Ive been able to lose wt without much issue... dont feel deprived and different for everyone else...
The measuring tape says its working... the scale says its working... and my oldest daughter (who tells it like it is) tells me its working....

Cant wait to see where my body goes with this.....

Hugs to all
Karen

I know a lot of others have responded, but I just had to jump in here and say that this post has me so excited for you! I can just feel your joy at finding this wonderful woe!
You can now start to heal your body and soul, and get on with enjoying a happy, healthy life!
Way to go!!
Old 03-28-2012, 11:01 AM   #275
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DD80
Stats: 188/165.0/145 5'10"
WOE: Organic GrassFed Gluten-Free 5/13 Dairy Free 2/14
Start Date: 1/10/12 Medi, 2/9/12 First UD, 1/1/13 New Plan
I've gone back and read the new ones and I'm so proud of everyone! These stories are truly inspiring to me.

Sophie, I haven't seen the pictures (and I'm kinda jealous of everyone who has ), but I think you do a fabulous job and you are one of the reasons that I came to try this diet. Your story...your enthusiasm...it is inspiring!

My NSV is that my mid-size pants are all loose. I had 3 pair and 1 was tighter than the others - I swear it was the grey ones, but they were a little loose (SCS and BBS), so I thought maybe it was the black...no, those are loose too. I feel like maybe I wasn't remembering correctly, but I know I have to be because I had to wear flats with 2 pair because they were "too short." Well, both the grey and the black pair I can now probably wear heels with because they aren't short anymore (read: my hips/thighs are not stretching the material up). It still feels not real - I can't get it through my head that these are loose. I also tried on my smaller pants yesterday and all fit but 1, and those were tight when I bought them (and they're white, so I won't be wearing those for awhile...).

Last edited by DD80; 03-28-2012 at 11:40 AM..
Old 03-28-2012, 11:15 AM   #276
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Karen this is just such a wonderful post, thank you for sharing it with us. I am delighted that this woe is doing for you what you way, well done.

Half of my shoes need insoles, as you say, feet lose weight too!
Old 03-28-2012, 11:31 AM   #277
Major LCF Poster!

woot DD80 love those pants, saggy crotch booty and all!
You will have to post a pic when you get into the white pants for summer.

I want some, but haven't seen any I would wear/ or tried any that aren't see through.
Old 03-28-2012, 11:40 AM   #278
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
woot DD80 love those pants, saggy crotch booty and all!
You will have to post a pic when you get into the white pants for summer.

I want some, but haven't seen any I would wear/ or tried any that aren't see through.
Thank you! I hope I get into the white ones... I think they will be less see through when they aren't like bicycle shorts... They are thicker than other pants so I think I'll be ok, but will still wear "nude" undies... If they are still see through when bigger...I don't know what I'll do.

I got mine at NY & Company (I order online for the Tall lengths). I don't know why I order white pants...I ALWAYS....ALWAYS stain everything I have that's white. Without fail. And it NEVER comes out. I have a white tank that has this small brown stain on the front that I continue to wear as an undershirt. I have it on today actually. I couldn't stand to throw it away because the stain happened like the first or second time I wore it. Funny thing is...I haven't stained it since.
Old 03-28-2012, 11:47 AM   #279
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD80 View Post
I don't know why I order white pants...I ALWAYS....ALWAYS stain everything I have that's white. Without fail. And it NEVER comes out. I have a white tank that has this small brown stain on the front that I continue to wear as an undershirt. I have it on today actually. I couldn't stand to throw it away because the stain happened like the first or second time I wore it. Funny thing is...I haven't stained it since.
Try pouring hydrogen peroxide on the stain. My mom swears by it. I also have a serious tendency to spill on my busom whenever I wear a white shirt. Always!
Old 03-28-2012, 11:54 AM   #280
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Try pouring hydrogen peroxide on the stain. My mom swears by it. I also have a serious tendency to spill on my busom whenever I wear a white shirt. Always!
I will try it! Thanks! You think it will work with this one that's set in?

And that's where I spilled... I don't even have big boobs and that's still were it all falls.
Old 03-28-2012, 12:30 PM   #281
Major LCF Poster!

it generally works for us, and mine are always set in after the peroxide fizzes out I usually spray with simple green before washing in a load with oxy clean. I always wash whites on sanitize to steam out the body oils and such.
Old 03-28-2012, 12:47 PM   #282

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
Quote:
Soph- you are thin and have done such good work changing your health! hang in there with the mental/emotional adjustment. It takes time

My bras are on the smallest hooks, which is a big problem for me. Small rib cage - too much boobage.
I just discovered I can get my compression/slimming undergarments back on. They are all mediums (from when I worked in the public eye). Helping to slim the loose skin while I continue to lose. I have to throw out a bunch of "fat undies" they are too bloomery and don't stay put. This is crazy from 10 pounds of loss. SIRT1 is a miracle!!!

Also, my tummy was completely under the water in the bath last night. No one else is going to see that, ever, but it is a big non-scale victory for me.

Plus, I put on my favorite cowgirly shirt that was altered to FIT. I can snap across chest and waist and the snaps stay done still a no go over the hips, but I am getting there. My new reinforcement of being done eating is going in and trying on something I couldn't even get on last year. GIDDY with this
I do this in the bathtub too. I have a deep jacuzzi tub so I have a little more leeway. But I'm almost there!

Mine is that today I'm really feeling that DD good feeling and energy. I've cleaned the kitchen, done two loads of laundry, made new playlists, all kinds of things! And not even remotely hungry. Yay!

Oh, and none of my summer shoes fit. I've lost weight in my feet too, and all my cute sandals that have no backs are slipping off my feet. I can hardly walk in them. On the upside, this means shoe shopping!!! DH is gonna

"Success occurs in clusters and is born in generosity" --Julia Cameron

Describes my JUDDD Buddds perfectly.
Old 03-28-2012, 12:49 PM   #283
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna Loca View Post
I do this in the bathtub too. I have a deep jacuzzi tub so I have a little more leeway. But I'm almost there!

Mine is that today I'm really feeling that DD good feeling and energy. I've cleaned the kitchen, done two loads of laundry, made new playlists, all kinds of things! And not even remotely hungry. Yay!

Oh, and none of my summer shoes fit. I've lost weight in my feet too, and all my cute sandals that have no backs are slipping off my feet. I can hardly walk in them. On the upside, this means shoe shopping!!! DH is gonna

You are gorgeous!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE the avatar!
Old 03-28-2012, 12:55 PM   #284

Quote:
Originally Posted by sungoddess View Post
Aww, shucks. Thanks. That's me with my new haircut. Just had to show it off.

This is the first time I've ever had my face as my avatar in nearly ten years on this board. This is the first time I've ever liked the way I look well enough to post it. I guess that's another NSV.
Old 03-28-2012, 12:58 PM   #285
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Yep, I had to buy new shoes too. And new undies and bras. And my ring is about to have to come off until I can get it sized. On UD's (when I'm warm) it fits better, but on DD's when I'm cold it is in serious danger of falling off. I've been watching it closely to make sure it can't slip off when I don't realize it.
Old 03-28-2012, 01:31 PM   #286
Blabbermouth!!!

your avatar, Luna

Tina, I must have lost some weight in my feet too because I always wear size 8 or 8-1/2 and now I can wear some 7-1/2 and even a few 7's.

Smaller bras and panties too.

I never wear any rings, but if I put mine on I bet they'd be loose. Pretty much the only jewelry I can stand to wear is necklaces.
Old 03-28-2012, 01:36 PM   #287
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna Loca View Post
Aww, shucks. Thanks. That's me with my new haircut. Just had to show it off.

This is the first time I've ever had my face as my avatar in nearly ten years on this board. This is the first time I've ever liked the way I look well enough to post it. I guess that's another NSV.
This thread makes me cry. The first time in nearly ten years and you now can post your photo. This is so HUGE!! This is so beyond HUGE there are no words. I am thrilled for you, and truly you are beautiful.
Old 03-28-2012, 01:39 PM   #288
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
your avatar, Luna

Tina, I must have lost some weight in my feet too because I always wear size 8 or 8-1/2 and now I can wear some 7-1/2 and even a few 7's.

Smaller bras and panties too.

I never wear any rings, but if I put mine on I bet they'd be loose. Pretty much the only jewelry I can stand to wear is necklaces.

Hmmmm...maybe we should set up a JUDDD shoe exchange. I'll take your old Louboutin's or manolo blahnik's.

You can keep the old bras and panties though.
Old 03-28-2012, 01:48 PM   #289

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
I love it too, and especially with the dark hair. So pretty!

Re: rings--I haven't worn my wedding ring in a couple of months. Good thing DH is secure!
Old 03-28-2012, 01:53 PM   #290
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Hmmmm...maybe we should set up a JUDDD shoe exchange. I'll take your old Louboutin's or manolo blahnik's.

You can keep the old bras and panties though.
Haha, more like White Stag, Route 66, and George!

I think it's just the sandals or less tightly structured shoes that I'm fitting in the lower sizes. If it was a rigid dress shoe or tennis shoe, might be a different story.

Oh - for another NSV I got carded buying wine at Kroger today! Not getting too excited over that one though... I don't think it's the anti-aging effect of JUDDD, but more like the breakout from Tom that made me look younger, lol.
Old 03-28-2012, 02:00 PM   #291

I love this thread.

And I love you all.
Old 03-28-2012, 02:34 PM   #292
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
Luna....wanted to compliment your new avatar too! Beautiful! I am so encouraged by all the wonderful NSV's. Never get tired of them.

Phyl
Old 03-28-2012, 02:48 PM   #293
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brehede
Stats: 283/264/140
WOE: LC JUDDD
Start Date: January 2012
I had a cooking victory today! I have been trying to make low carb substitutions for my children (boys 8 & 11) and struggling with the 8 year old. So far he has refused to even taste choc muffins and brownies which the rest of the family love. I have started making oopsie roll french toast with no sugar syrup & he loves it! So happy to find a substitute for cereal for breakfast! He actually said it was "awesome!". Yet another helpful tip from this forum.
Thanks!
Old 03-28-2012, 03:10 PM   #294
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brehede
Stats: 283/264/140
WOE: LC JUDDD
Start Date: January 2012
I had a cooking victory today! I have been trying to make low carb substitutions for my children (boys 8 & 11) and struggling with the 8 year old. So far he has refused to even taste choc muffins and brownies which the rest of the family love. I have started making oopsie roll french toast with no sugar syrup & he loves it! So happy to find a substitute for cereal for breakfast! He actually said it was "awesome!". This yet another helpful tip from this forum.
Thanks!
Old 03-28-2012, 07:46 PM   #295
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Alcestis
Stats: 210/151.6/149 5' 8"
Start Date: December 13th, 2011
I love this thread. I'm going to bed feeling all snuggly and fuzzy inside because you guys warm my heart
Old 03-28-2012, 07:56 PM   #296
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: krow134
Stats: 207 starting weight in 2012
WOE: Atkins
I was reading this thread for the first time!! Its great!!!! I will have to check it out again!!

I seen about the rings not fitting. True story. One day after I had gained a ton of weight, my hubby and I were sitting on the couch watching a movie. All of a sudden we heard this TING. We looked everywhere to see what it was. We thought maybe it was a stray bullet or something (we live in the country, it happens!!). Later I realized it was my wedding ring. Seriously broke in half on my finger. It was tight and I couldnt get it off! So tight that it broke under the pressure. I ended up so embarrassed over this, that I got his name tattoo'd on my ring finger and havent worn my wedding bands since! I honestly cant wait til the day I can slip that sucker on and wear it again without fear of the TING!

1st goal 163 puts me at Overweight!
2nd goal 139 puts me at Healthy weight!
3rd goal 125 puts me at Goal!

Long term, realistic goal....no medications!
Old 03-28-2012, 08:07 PM   #297
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Luna: You are gorgeous! So glad you posted your beautiful picture. Love the haircut, too!!

Sophie: Like others, I, too saw the pictures of you in your new tops and you are thin! You look wonderful and perfect. Believe it.

So many good posts. What a great thread.

My NSV is that I went to Macy's this morning because I had a $10 off and a 20% off coupon to use. As always I went to the clearance dept. I found a size 12 jeans with the cutest leather braided rope belt and top stitched pockets at 60% off original price which brought them to $30.

Tried them on and they were too big. Whaaaaaa????? Asked the sales lady who was helping me if she could find them in a 10 and the size 10's fit comfortably. I bought them and wore them all day. Thinking of never taking them off. Should I wear them to bed tonight???

Here's the thing. I'm thinking to myself, how can I be 5'9", weigh 194ish and buy a size 10. Something is wrong here.

Now I'm doubting myself and thinking I should have tried on some other size 10's not on sale. Maybe this is a fluke (even though it's in the same brand I've been buying for several years and the 12's I've been wearing and was wearing when I went to the store today are baggy in the butt). Maybe they accidentally put the wrong tag in the pants.

Although a few minutes ago when I was sitting on the "throne" for the millionth time today because it's a DD and I'm slurping water I looked at the tag again and, yes, it's a size 10!!! The tag is sewn in on the inside of the waist band.

I just can't believe it. I've gone from size 18 to 10 in 7 months. But I can't believe it. I mean really. I can't!!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Old 03-28-2012, 08:08 PM   #298
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Not even sure how this happened or really when but I realized today that I have not had any diet coke in over a week. I noticed it today since it was a DD and today I was hungry. Instead of drinking diet coke ( I did have a 2 liter bottle) I just kept drinking water. So I am now carbonated beverage free. Can't say caffeine free since I still drink coffee in the mornings. I will save some money and be healthier too.
Old 03-28-2012, 08:25 PM   #299

Yam-Yam size 10?!?!? Fantastic. Wonderful. Amazing! JUDDD is just wonderful.

Adi, diet coke is such a common addiction, good for you for kicking it. I'm not diet coke free, but I drink a lot less of it than I used to. Living at the top of 47 stairs (and having to carry those heavy two-liters up them) will do that for ya! I still drink it when I'm out and about, that's not that often since I work at home.

Thank you all for all the compliments on my avi. It must be a really good picture, I posted it on facebook and am getting lots of comments there, too.
Old 03-29-2012, 02:43 PM   #300
Major LCF Poster!

Yam-yam that is crazy good! Something about intermittent fasting is kicking my fat to the curb and reducing size quickly too. Don't look those gift pants in the mouth
Closed Thread