Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2012, 08:11 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: norwegianwife
Stats: 195/169/160
WOE: JUDDD
First DD and having HCG flashbacks!

Hey everyone!
First, I am really EXCITED to be here and doing JUDDD. The science makes sense to me and I like the fact that the DD's are just that, ONE DAY.

I have two failed attempts at the HCG diet, each round lasted 16 and 12 days respectively. The first time I followed Simeons protocol with 500 calories using homeopathic drops. By the 16th day I could hardly function. No energy and starving. The second time I used prescription HCG pellets and followed the 750 calorie protocol. Much better, but still, I never got to that 'feel no hunger' place that so many people on HCG talk about. After 12 days I just couldn't deal with the exhaustion, no energy, headaches, starving all the time feelings.
My body just didn't FEEL right.
My journey has been about learning to LISTEN to my body. To learn the difference between being HUNGRY and EMPTY and learning that it is ok to be empty.

All that to say...When doing my calculations on Dr. Johnson's site, my 20% DD is 372 calories.

NO WAY.

I determined today to at least go with 500, but by 3pm, I needed something more. So I had a can of tuna. Feel better.

I know I can restrict calories, but do I have to go so LOW??? Can I start out at the 40% level, which for me is 848 and work my way down???

I am assuming the body gets used to fasting, I just know that for NOW, I know I can do 750 calories. I did it on HCG. And I know I can do it for ONE day.

I just HATE the splitting headaches, foggy head, no energy, ect that come with the VLC days.

So, can I start at the upper end and work my way down????

Thanks for the input! Love reading all the threads on here, it's a great community!
norwegianwife is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-2012, 08:20 AM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Yes, start higher if you need and work your way down.
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 08:53 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DD80
Stats: 188/165.0/145 5'10"
WOE: Zoneish, Organic, GrassFed, Gluten-Free 5/13
Start Date: 1/10/12 Medi, 2/9/12 First UD, 1/1/13 New Plan
Quote:
Originally Posted by norwegianwife View Post
Hey everyone!
First, I am really EXCITED to be here and doing JUDDD. The science makes sense to me and I like the fact that the DD's are just that, ONE DAY.

I have two failed attempts at the HCG diet, each round lasted 16 and 12 days respectively. The first time I followed Simeons protocol with 500 calories using homeopathic drops. By the 16th day I could hardly function. No energy and starving. The second time I used prescription HCG pellets and followed the 750 calorie protocol. Much better, but still, I never got to that 'feel no hunger' place that so many people on HCG talk about. After 12 days I just couldn't deal with the exhaustion, no energy, headaches, starving all the time feelings.
My body just didn't FEEL right.
My journey has been about learning to LISTEN to my body. To learn the difference between being HUNGRY and EMPTY and learning that it is ok to be empty.

All that to say...When doing my calculations on Dr. Johnson's site, my 20% DD is 372 calories.

NO WAY.

I determined today to at least go with 500, but by 3pm, I needed something more. So I had a can of tuna. Feel better.

I know I can restrict calories, but do I have to go so LOW??? Can I start out at the 40% level, which for me is 848 and work my way down???

I am assuming the body gets used to fasting, I just know that for NOW, I know I can do 750 calories. I did it on HCG. And I know I can do it for ONE day.

I just HATE the splitting headaches, foggy head, no energy, ect that come with the VLC days.

So, can I start at the upper end and work my way down????

Thanks for the input! Love reading all the threads on here, it's a great community!
I had the same response to HCG. Al my friends were cruising through...no appetite and happy as clams with the menu. I was bored and S.T.A.R.V.I.N.G. on day 2. If I saw another piece of chicken, I would have .

I'm a newbie here, but I agree with Ms. Cat above (she is a great source of wisdom here). Up your calories on your DD's a bit and slowly lower them as you can. I try to keep my DD's low carb/high protein as well - it helps with cravings and you can last longer between meals. I am a week in to this diet and yesterday was actually a great DD. I really wasn't that hungry, which is unusual for me. Stick with it and make sure to EAT on your UD's. It is a hard concept to get into our heads (I'm still working on it), but it really does help with appetite supression on your DDs.

Last edited by DD80; 02-14-2012 at 09:02 AM..
DD80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 09:21 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: synger
Stats: Start: 310 Current: 259
WOE: Calorie and carb counting, IR Diet framework
Start Date: IR/PCOS: Dx pre-diabetic 3/2010
I started at 700-800 on DDs. NOw I aim for 500 but allow an extra 100 if I have a really hungry DD. But then, I still have a LOT to lose compared to most here, and a few days of higher numbers don't seem to bother me much.
synger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 09:25 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Hi! Welcome to Juddd!
I started off doing the 35% number...about 600ish cals...and used it all through my weightloss.
Sometimes you dont need them all, but it was good to have them!
Funnily enough, its only now that I am doing maintainance that I stick with about 500...cos I dont count on my Ud's!
Bet you will be at goal in no time!

hugs
jo
x
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 10:55 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/114.8/128 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD - 1/1/12 + intermittent LCHF
Oh dear Norway, don't make yourself sick! Take your calories up then start planning how to take them down as you get more used to this woe.

I encourage you to pay careful attention to your body's reaction to different foods. Some of us need carbs on DD. Some of us need protein. What makes you feel full the longest? What gives you energy? Tune your DD menu and gradually reduce calories by sticking to the right foods.

Test and tune and learn more about the unique being that is you! But don't make yourself sick!!
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 11:03 AM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: norwegianwife
Stats: 195/169/160
Hi Synger, Jo and Nancy!

nancy, I agree with you 100%. In general I go for my biggest calorie bang for the buck so to speak. Whole eggs, coconut milk, coconut oil, tunafish. I know I do well with high fat, low carb, but I also know that my body needs some carbs. i like to treat carbs sparingly, as I am a type 2 diabetic, me and wheat do NOT get along.

Jo, I think you are correct, I will be able to lower the calories of DD's as I get further into it, I just need to get into the pattern.
I landed right under 800 calories today.

My UD number is 1800, so I will be smart with what I choose tomorrow!

Nancy, I have family right outside of Asheville in Burnsville! LOVE Ashville. GREAT little city!!
norwegianwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 11:35 AM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/114.8/128 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD - 1/1/12 + intermittent LCHF
My sister and her DH used to live in Burnsville. The mountains are lovely there.

But, of course, you know all about striking and glorious mountains.

PS: I am a fiend for coconut oil.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 12:33 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
even with those "flashbacks" remember that it is only one day, there is always a tomorrow where you get to eat well, get healthier, and not feel deprived!
the only one day mentality will get you through down days without too many issues.
b_lou_who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 01:23 PM   #10
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Cruzcrzy
Stats: 183/135/129-131
Quote:
Originally Posted by b_lou_who View Post
even with those "flashbacks" remember that it is only one day, there is always a tomorrow where you get to eat well, get healthier, and not feel deprived!
the only one day mentality will get you through down days without too many issues.
SO TRUE!!! The every other day is doable. I STILL can't believe I survived two rounds of hhcg. I'm glad I did, but, it was TOUGH. Every other day I can deal with. Start higher on your calories, around 700-800 and work your way down, if you need to. Welcome to JUDDD .
Cruzcrzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 04:40 PM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: itsmeshelly01
Stats: 260/150/162
Start Date: eating lowcarb since 2005
I started at 600 to 700 and worked my way down. Quite a few have done this. You grg used to it in no time. I have gone as low as 300 now on some days but feel better if I stay between 400 and 500. You will get there in no time. Juddd is really wonderful and it is true that you can do anything for one day.
itsmeshelly01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 08:44 PM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MintQ8
Stats: 264.6/239.2/140
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: 9 June 2013
You may also find it easier to lower your cals if you start eating later in the day!
MintQ8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 04:46 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pjsam1156
WOE: JUDDD for life, baby!!
Start Date: Feb 2009; RESTART: Nov. 2011 as EX-LCer
Quote:
Originally Posted by MintQ8 View Post
You may also find it easier to lower your cals if you start eating later in the day!
That's what I would recommend--hold off on eating as long as you can on a DD (I can only make it til 1 or 2 PM or I get a headache). But, the longer you can hold off (some JUDDDers can hold off til dinner), the more cals you will have left for later in the day so you don't feel so hungry.
Good Luck!!
pjsam1156 is offline   Reply With Quote