Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2012, 06:35 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
WHY Do I Keep Doing This?

It's the middle of the month, dead on OV, and I am up 3lbs after a good dd!
Now, I know its probably ov, it happens most months. So WHY do I feel so instantly gutted? My first thought is " juddd has stopped working for me, my weight is on its way back up, I will need to start restricting more!"
Today is an UD, and I am not enjoying my food because I am so aware of my gain.
I KNOW this isn't logical, but it is how I am feeling, and I wanted to get it out and share it with people who will sympathize.
Thanks for listening juddd buddds!
Hugs
Jo
X

"Eat today for the clothes you want to wear tomorrow!"
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-2012, 06:46 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!

Just keep reminding yourself that it's not fat, and it's only temporary. I know it's hard, but the more months you see it come and then see it go, the easier it should become. Try to enjoy today!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 06:53 AM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: andi2508
Hi, I am exactly the same, 3 lbs on mid month for no reason. I know what it is but it is still really hard to see the scales go up. I have ended more diets than enough because of this. We know that the scales will come back down in a couple of days just hang on in there.
andi2508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 08:27 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vilanteira
Stats: in maintenance
WOE: juddd/low carb
Start Date: low carb: 2008, juddd: 10/24/11
I've literally just gone through this the past few days, so I completely understand. After the past 2 good DDs this week, I was still up 2.5 lbs for no reason, and I looked at my calendar and realized it was OV time. Even though I know this and know that it's just water weight that will definitely go down, it still throws me for a loop to see the jump up on the scale. I've been tracking every month so far though, so it's gotten a bit easier because I'm actually anticipating it now, but still, no one wants to see a jump up on the scale. Sure enough, this morning I'm down 2 of those lbs, without any change in my usual eating. I go through this pre-TOM too.

You're definitely not alone. Don't worry, it will definitely go down again.
vilanteira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 08:41 AM   #5
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
Slide over on the bench, I'm sure this applies to a lot of us no matter what plan we're on
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 08:54 AM   #6
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: lil miss
WOE: LCMW
Start Date: 1/1/13
Yep, same thing here.

WHY do we do this to ourselves, our "inner voices" can be so cruel! Keep your chin up and remember it will be gone in a few days! Talk back to that inner voice!
lil miss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 09:04 AM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedi View Post
It's the middle of the month, dead on OV, and I am up 3lbs after a good dd!
Now, I know its probably ov, it happens most months. So WHY do I feel so instantly gutted? My first thought is " juddd has stopped working for me, my weight is on its way back up, I will need to start restricting more!"
Today is an UD, and I am not enjoying my food because I am so aware of my gain.
I KNOW this isn't logical, but it is how I am feeling, and I wanted to get it out and share it with people who will sympathize.
Thanks for listening juddd buddds!
Hugs
Jo
X
I think it's a hugely positive thing that you recognize that it's water weight, that you know it's temporary, and that it does no good to worry about it. I love it when my own negative thought patterns change for the better too. It's great that you came here to talk about it and not keep it all inside (where it tends to stew and simmer into more and more worry).

That said, I know exactly the letdown you feel at seeing the scale go up. There's nobody out there, I don't care who they are, who enjoys seeing the scale go up when they don't want it to...who doesn't feel at least a little disappointment when they see a higher number, even if they logically know what caused it. I think it's just human nature.

The scale will go down again before you know it and you'll maintain where you want once more. Keeping track of hormonal changes over the months seems to help me feel calmer about it all too. For example, I've noticed pre-Tom I will have at least a couple days where I want to eat the house down. At first it kinda scared me because I thought "Oh no - where did all my nice appetite suppression go - is it gone forever - am I gonna eat like a team of linebackers forever now and gain it all back - is JUDDD magic gone - etc. etc." But the hunger did go away and I started tracking a pattern. Whew! I can trust me body after all.

I hope you're having a great day, Jo. Take care.
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 11:57 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Restart: July 14,2014 Restart
I always over eat around this time... I get that "why am I working so hard for nothing" feeling. I haven't been able to get over it yet. Maybe it is all the hormones working on my thoughts.
Low Carb Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 12:24 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: KathyL
Stats: 205/118-122/125 5'4" Age 53
WOE: low glycemic index in 2011 JUDDD in 2012
Start Date: January 2011
BTDT many times myself. And now I'm at that age in life where the water weight comes but the cycle might or might not. And sometimes it's twice a month rather than once. Very frustrating.
KathyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 01:54 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Being a girl is such a pain sometimes. Our weight fluctuates, completely outside anything within our control, simply because of our hormones. SO not fair.

But you know what it is, it happens to probably most of us (me too), and you know it will be gone in a couple of days.

Don't use it as an excuse to dump what you know works, just keep working your woe, and when the neg self talk starts, come back and read this thread.

mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 02:10 PM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hockey_gal
Stats: 172/156/150 5'7.5 Goal met: Aug 19/11
WOE: Moderate LC
Start Date: Aug 2010
Oh Joedi

I do weigh every day bc it really keeps me on track...but I try just keep my weekly average in mind. Weight is going to fluctuate. As with all areas of life, we have to sometimes recognize that we are not totally in control. I am going to retain water based on hormones and there is nothing I can do about it. Monitoring what we eat and how much we eat gives us the illusion of control. But sadly, we are not totally in control. That is life.

Hugs!
hockey_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 03:19 PM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: itsmeshelly01
Stats: 260/150/162
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: eating lowcarb since 2005
I know how you feel. I have been on tons of meds this week with my bad tooth and my body has been fighting infection. I gained 5lbs in 2 days, with a DD in there. Talk about frustrating. But I had the horrible wisdom tooth pulled yesterday and am having a great DD today so hopefully it will come right back off and yours will too.
itsmeshelly01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 03:23 PM   #13
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Speck333
WOE: Semi-Primal
Oh yes. Ovo, TOM, exercise, salt... water, water everywhere, and not a drop to drink!! And logically you know it is just water, and yet those nasty thoughts creep in and ruin our days.
Speck333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 05:05 PM   #14
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: dasiey
Same here...
It makes me wonder

why me
dasiey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 07:45 PM   #15
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Water, for sure!! And it will be gone before you know it and you will be able to put that "silly monster in your head" back in the closet for a little while. Through it may right be gone and may come back again, at least you KNOW what it is, so no stress, just patience!!!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 07:50 PM   #16
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Carmiel
Stats: 203/163.4/155
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 2/12/2012
While there are many times when I wish I could turn back the clock a few years, I have to say that after reading about all the grief TOM causes with weight loss and water retention in both the HCG forums and here on this forum I am almost glad that I went through menopause years ago. I guess there are a few advantages to getting older
Carmiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 04:18 AM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
I am 100% in agreement with you, Carmiel. I did not enjoy menopause. But I sure like the aftermath!

Joedi, I think what you are experiencing is perfectly normal. I also think nothing but time will relax that stress.

So many of us have lost weight before. And kept it off for months or years. Then watched as it crept or leaped back up and up and up. On some subconscious level, any rise in weight means the magic has stopped and everything is about to spiral out of control - just like it did last time.

Over time, as your subconscious sees TOM or vacations or even stress does not derail the train as long as you keep the rotation going, that fear will go away. Until then, give yourself a hug and tell yourself, "It's alright. This is perfectly natural and I'm still in control." Eventually you will look at the scale, think 'dang OV', and go on with your day without giving it another thought.
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 03:02 PM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DD80
Stats: 188/165.0/145 5'10"
WOE: Organic GrassFed Gluten-Free 5/13 Dairy Free 2/14
Start Date: 1/10/12 Medi, 2/9/12 First UD, 1/1/13 New Plan
I'm with you too. I have the same feelings. I *know* it's just water weight (who gains 3 lbs in a day), but I still get frustrated.

I was telling the girl at the Medi clinic that I notice that (on any weight loss program) I usually have 3 weeks of ok results (maybe like, .6 loss, .2 gain, .3 loss) and then after my period is over, I lose like 3-4 lbs. When I was on Weight Watchers (well, technically, I still am), this happened to me several months in a row. Now that I know that about myself and my weight loss, it does help to ease those weeks where I gain or don't lose much...because I know that if I stick it out, I will have a whoosh after my period.

ANYWAY, the point of the story, is that she said that she sees A LOT of women that have the same weight loss cycle - even women who are already at menopause. So, maybe keep that in mind!

You are doing great! Don't be discouraged!
DD80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 03:06 PM   #19

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Hugs x This too shall pass.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 10:46 AM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Thanks so much for everyone who replied to my distress call!

I KNOW my anxiety is out of proportion, but I still think with my ED head most of the time.

I just dont trust myself to maintain...why should I, I never have before.

After another FF/DD I am back down to 132.25.

I need to save this thread...cos I will probably be going through it all again..in two weeks with tom!

hugs
Jo
x
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 10:52 AM   #21

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Print it and carry it in your handbag to review whenever that ugly ED monster raises its ugly head.

You've done amazingly!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 11:28 AM   #22
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)

Joedi, you are doing very, very well!!!
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 02:49 PM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
right there with you!
we have to look at the overall trend of loss and maintenance. these bodies were made to work through these rotten cycles, so we keep on pedaling
b_lou_who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 03:05 PM   #24
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mll5872
Stats: 200/182/150 Ultimate goal; 1st goal 180 (10bls);
WOE: Low Carb/JUDDD
Start Date: Restart August 2011
The same thing happens to me too. . . alas, we just got to stick with our woe and get through it. It helps that we have the support we need right here on LCFs. Thank goodness!
mll5872 is offline   Reply With Quote