Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2012, 05:10 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: marley
Stats: 155/132/120 - 5'5"
WOE: Pescetarian/LC
Start Date: LC (Jun 2006) JUDDD (Oct 2011)
Changing body types - yay!

I'm one of the so-called 'slow losers' out there - so I take any small victory and run with it...

Has anyone else here noticed something about their body as they progress with JUDDD that may have otherwise remained hidden?

For example; I never realised that I'm actually an hourglass shape!

I always thought I was boyish or athletic with not much of a waistline (I've got a lot of muscle tone and broadish shoulders) but it seems JUDDD has taken some extra from around the middle - leaving me with noticeable curves for the first time ever! Even at my smallest, I've always been straight up and down, so this excites me!

I've also kept the, uh, chest benefits from my last weight gain (uh, can anyone say anxiety and birth control pills!) so it's probably magnified the whole hourglass thing!

Has anyone else had any similar discoveries?
marley is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2012, 05:17 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Location: Smack Dab in the center of Arkansas (Go Razorbacks!)
Gallery: arkie1
Stats: 286 highest 257/250.8/??
WOE: Low Carb-IF/cngd d to JUDDD/lc on 2/9/12 (230)
Start Date: Feb 8, 2010 IF ON 8-14-11
i"m brand new to this WOE, so have not seen any changes, but want to say WHOO HOO to you. That's great!

Carole
arkie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 06:22 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
I hope the waist thing happens to me. I used to have a waistline, but now I'm almost the same measurement around my bra band, waist and abdomen.

It's great to notice the small milestones and celebrate them. It really is about more than just the number on the scale.
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 06:53 PM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Absolutely - the scale is never as responsive (for me) as my clothes are. I believe the scale is some sort of psychological torture device.

I hope your waist behaves too!
Old 02-12-2012, 02:04 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
That is SO cool! Especially when you consider losing inches around your waist should mean reducing stress on your heart and lungs (not to mention how much fun - and how attractive - belts can be!)
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 10:40 PM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
I've lost an extra 10# during maintenance, but I've noticed since losing these last 5# (down to 135 - 140#) that the layer of fat over my legs/hips/thighs/butt is much less.

Maybe it's due to the Callanetics I've been doing since the end of Jan., but I can see and feel that my legs/other areas are firm and toned. Sometimes I find myself pushing on my legs because I can't believe how they have changed from jiggly fat layer to a feel of taut muscle (not big, bulky muscle, just tight, slim muscle).

I'm also feeling this same thing on my abs, though the muscle there isn't developed enough yet to show through as a 6pack.

It's apparently true that losing weight on JUDDD takes away the fat but not the muscle.
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!

Last edited by sophiethecat; 02-12-2012 at 10:41 PM..
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 11:12 PM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Sophiethecat - I find myself doing the same! My thighs have never really been too big, but lately I catch myself feeling and noticing how toned and taut they feel - rather than that usual jiggle. Heh. It's nice. Callanetics is great for the toning - I am looking forward to getting back into it once I've hulled a little more of the fat off my arms and tummy!

I think I'm definitely more lean since starting JUDDD - though I did get down to a lower weight while low-carbing a few years back, I don't think I was even lean. I was that much maligned 'skinny fat' - with muscle bulk that was completely untoned!