Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Changing body types - yay! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/757399-changing-body-types-yay.html)

marley 02-11-2012 05:10 PM

Changing body types - yay!

I'm one of the so-called 'slow losers' out there - so I take any small victory and run with it...

Has anyone else here noticed something about their body as they progress with JUDDD that may have otherwise remained hidden?

For example; I never realised that I'm actually an hourglass shape! :laugh:

I always thought I was boyish or athletic with not much of a waistline (I've got a lot of muscle tone and broadish shoulders) but it seems JUDDD has taken some extra from around the middle - leaving me with noticeable curves for the first time ever! Even at my smallest, I've always been straight up and down, so this excites me!

I've also kept the, uh, chest benefits from my last weight gain (uh, can anyone say anxiety and birth control pills!) so it's probably magnified the whole hourglass thing!

Has anyone else had any similar discoveries?

arkie1 02-11-2012 05:17 PM

i"m brand new to this WOE, so have not seen any changes, but want to say WHOO HOO to you. That's great!:jumpjoy::clap:

Carole

mykidsteacher 02-11-2012 06:22 PM

I hope the waist thing happens to me. I used to have a waistline, but now I'm almost the same measurement around my bra band, waist and abdomen.

It's great to notice the small milestones and celebrate them. It really is about more than just the number on the scale.

marley 02-11-2012 06:53 PM

Absolutely - the scale is never as responsive (for me) as my clothes are. I believe the scale is some sort of psychological torture device. :annoyed:

I hope your waist behaves too!

gotsomeold 02-12-2012 02:04 AM

That is SO cool! Especially when you consider losing inches around your waist should mean reducing stress on your heart and lungs (not to mention how much fun - and how attractive - belts can be!)

sophiethecat 02-12-2012 10:40 PM

I've lost an extra 10# during maintenance, but I've noticed since losing these last 5# (down to 135 - 140#) that the layer of fat over my legs/hips/thighs/butt is much less.

Maybe it's due to the Callanetics I've been doing since the end of Jan., but I can see and feel that my legs/other areas are firm and toned. Sometimes I find myself pushing on my legs because I can't believe how they have changed from jiggly fat layer to a feel of taut muscle (not big, bulky muscle, just tight, slim muscle).

I'm also feeling this same thing on my abs, though the muscle there isn't developed enough yet to show through as a 6pack.

It's apparently true that losing weight on JUDDD takes away the fat but not the muscle. :)

marley 02-12-2012 11:12 PM

Sophiethecat - I find myself doing the same! My thighs have never really been too big, but lately I catch myself feeling and noticing how toned and taut they feel - rather than that usual jiggle. Heh. It's nice. Callanetics is great for the toning - I am looking forward to getting back into it once I've hulled a little more of the fat off my arms and tummy!

I think I'm definitely more lean since starting JUDDD - though I did get down to a lower weight while low-carbing a few years back, I don't think I was even lean. I was that much maligned 'skinny fat' - with muscle bulk that was completely untoned!