Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Looking for restaurant suggestions :) (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/757333-looking-restaurant-suggestions.html)

sophiethecat 02-10-2012 08:32 PM

Looking for restaurant suggestions :)

Making a decision for an upcoming meal out... might go to a non-chain restaurant, but between the three chains below, which would you choose and what is your favorite meal there? (no calories or nutrients barred, lol)

Red Lobster
Applebees
Olive Garden

mayleesa 02-11-2012 03:22 AM

olive garden....haven't been there in awhile honestly but they have a wonderful trio meal...like chicken parm, spaghetti and lasagna...the bread sticks and salad is free in the beginning and the italian margarita is YUM!

gotsomeold 02-11-2012 03:33 AM

Red Lobster is my fave of the three. I can eat seafood daily. And I really enjoy those cheese biscuits.:yummy:

ccrickett 02-11-2012 03:53 AM

Red Lobster is our "birthday treat place", love the ceasar salad - the blooming onion - the hot biscuits - the .......

itsmeshelly01 02-11-2012 03:57 AM

I think right now because im just enjoying carbs again i would do olive garden. I think i have only been there once since i started eating lowcarb 7 yrs ago...lol It wasnt that i couldnt eat there but it was just too hard to not want all of the wonderful pasta dishes so i just made easier decisions.
But red lobster is also wonderful, steak and lobster is one of my faves!!!

Bonnie 02-11-2012 04:01 AM

Red Lobster is our birthday treat place too. I usually have the steak and lobster, green salad and veggie. It has been quite some time since I have had one of their cheese biscuits but I don't think they are that great and find them easy to pass up. I've never eaten at an Olive Garden and I don't like Applebee's menu.

Pami 02-11-2012 05:17 AM

Red Lobster Admiral's Feast- it's all breaded & fried, so none of it reheats well-
if you have to take something home, take the potato and biscuits

1280 calories
73g fat
6g sat fat
4300mg sodium
92g carb
63g protein

gotsomeold 02-11-2012 05:39 AM

On vacation last weekend, in a little, local restaurant I had cheese/bacon cornbread. And spicy coleslaw. MMMMMM - who needs a main course? I brought the meal I ordered home and six of us split it for lunch the next day.

KeirasMom 02-11-2012 05:47 AM

Another vote for Red Lobster. I always get the King Crab. Mmmm!

Dottie 02-11-2012 06:54 AM

Red Lobster: The one here has really well cooked steak dishes (a cook that knows rare from medium rare lol).
Olive Garden: I could eat just their salad and be 100% happy lol. Haven't been there in a long time though.

sungoddess 02-11-2012 04:41 PM

I love Red Lobster. That's my vote! But whatever you decide, enjoy!!:yummy:

mykidsteacher 02-11-2012 06:26 PM

Red Lobster would get my vote too. I love the grilled shrimp and scallop skewers, shrimp scampi, crab legs, and of course lobster. It's always tough to figure out what combo I want.

I have a hard time doing steak out, since we raise our own grass-fed beef, and conventional beef just doesn't taste the same as ours.

Olive Garden would be a close second though. Just not sure how my bg would handle all the carbs from the pasta. And I can't go to OG and NOT get pasta and eat breadsticks.

sophiethecat 02-15-2012 08:19 PM

Thank you, Everyone! We ended up going to a local non-chain place, but I appreciate the replies and will keep them in mind for future outings. :)

SummerAnne 02-19-2012 10:17 PM

I discovered when I started LC I really didn't like pasta, so anything but OG would be my choice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ccrickett (Post 15407302)
Red Lobster is our "birthday treat place", love the ceasar salad - the blooming onion - the hot biscuits - the .......

Longhorn is ours... and this post made me think of how mine is coming up - so I check the calendar and IT'S A DOWN DAY! :sad: We may have to go the day after or I may have to switch things around.

Kissa 02-20-2012 03:04 PM

None of those over here. :(

Smilescarlet 02-20-2012 04:25 PM

I would choose olive garden. Breadsticks, salad, trio meal is really good! Also the chocolate cake that is multiple kinds of chocolate. Peach Bellini too!

Red lobster: crab dip appetizer

Applebee's: asiago chicken, boneless wings

DD80 02-21-2012 01:18 PM

Red Lobster - Cheddar Bay Biscuits. That's it.

Olive Garden - Soup (pasta fagioli), Salad, Breadsticks and Black Tie Cheesecake

Applebees - Cheeseburger. Used to love the veggie patch pizza and cheesesticks, but all their food has a weird flavor to me now. I dunno.

SummerAnne 02-21-2012 01:33 PM

We went to Applebees recently (not by choice, had to use gift cards we received at Christmas). The steak & chicken fajitas actually weren't bad at all. I dumped everything together in the skillet and brought the tortillas home to make DD quesadillas with.

laceylady 02-26-2012 09:05 AM

We went to Red Lobster yesterday -- I got trout and broccoli -- O.M.G... I was savoring every bite!!! According to their website, the 1/2-portion of trout + broccoli was 220 cals. I only ate half of the trout, so I'm assuming that was 1/2 portion. I brought the other half home for tomorrow's UD... unfortunately the 150 cal biscuit didn't make it into the refrigerator!! We also got the calamari appetizer, where they batter-fry broccoli which was won-der-ful, too (I only had about 2 rings of calamari). I know there were more cals in that than regular broccoli, but it was SOOOOO GOOOOOD!! Back to a DD today, and starting with coffee. But I sure enjoyed yesterday's meal!!