Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Do you do Medium Days in Weight Loss Mode? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/757285-do-you-do-medium-days-weight-loss-mode.html)

lil miss 02-10-2012 01:54 PM

Do you do Medium Days in Weight Loss Mode?

TIA!

avecrain 02-10-2012 02:02 PM

If I need to switch things around, I have, and see no reason why one shouldn't, but I actually haven't had the greatest success with them. I've worked hard on the UD and DD mindsets...it's hard for me to achieve the MD in-betweenie mindset.

KeirasMom 02-10-2012 02:03 PM

I haven't yet. I was going to earlier this week (after 8 weeks of straight UD/DD rotation) but decided just to keep my rotation the same. I will if there's something I absolutely need to do it for, but not very often.

MintQ8 02-10-2012 02:13 PM

I've sort of tried - but I find them difficult!

They can be done - once you're past your induction.

They make perfect sense when you consider that your average of your UD/DD cals = the number of cals you would eat on a MD.

I probably wouldn't do it too often - as it would mean that you end up with less DD (particularly as I think you should eat DD MD UD).

Use them wisely and to ensure that you don't have something that you need more calories for on a DD (ie birthdays!!)

Good luck!

Beeb 02-10-2012 02:19 PM

If needed to change an upcoming special day to an UD I don't see why not, but doing a MD every week for no reason may slow down your weight loss. :dunno:

gotsomeold 02-10-2012 02:23 PM

Because DH is living out of state on business, we only see each other on weekends. I try to keep to a set rotation, but once every month or two I find I need to juggle my schedule (like when I find out day after tomorrow we are hosting a party ... for which I am chef). So occasionally I MD myself :hyst:

But not often. Every MD seems to slow down my weight loss for a few days and I hate that!!

sophiethecat 02-10-2012 08:01 PM

I tried not to do them unless absolutely necessary because I felt like they threw a wrench into my UD/DD rotation. But if you need a MD, you need it - and they have their place. :)

After a while some people use one per week to make their DDs and UDs fall on the same day each week. Others only reserve them for "emergency" situations.

ccrickett 02-11-2012 03:48 AM

I've never used a MD but would if necessary, just accepting a slower loss week & keep moving forward.

Bonnie 02-11-2012 03:57 AM

I've had a couple, but not on purpose or to change my rotation. Some days I just can't eat to my UD number. If it is close to a MD I will call it that and then do another UD to keep me from having two DDs in a row.

sungoddess 02-11-2012 07:48 AM

I haven't done it yet, but I would if it became necessary!

ollie 02-11-2012 09:10 AM

I've been only JUDDDing for 5 weeks. Lost 10 pounds so far, and have done a MD every week since I started. I want this to be a diet I can live with so if there is an event on a scheduled DD, I just plan ahead and use a MD to switch up my schedule. I love the flexibility this diet allows us.

Joedi 02-11-2012 03:14 PM

I did....and they made no difference to my loss.
The best way to view a MD, imho, is as a DD...with benefits!
I stick to normal DD foods...salads, etc...but have extras....cheese in my salad, cream in my coffee..a mini chocolate bar, a sliced apple with cheese.
For me, it makes MD's a doddle, cos I feel like I am "spoiling" myself!
Like Ollie says, this has to be a woe we can live with...and if you want UD's on special occasions, MD's are essential!

hugs
Jo
x

pjsam1156 02-11-2012 06:37 PM

I have problems w/MDs. I've tried them about three times when I had to switch my usual UD/DD rotation for a special occasion. But, I end up eating close to my UD cals!!:dunno:
I have no problem on my regular DDs, but every time I try an MD, I overeat!:hyst:
So, I try not to use them at all for now, while I'm trying to lose.
I think they would be GREAT for maintenance, though. YAY JUDDD!:jumpjoy::love:

vilanteira 02-12-2012 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjsam1156 (Post 15409189)
I have problems w/MDs. I've tried them about three times when I had to switch my usual UD/DD rotation for a special occasion. But, I end up eating close to my UD cals!!:dunno:
I have no problem on my regular DDs, but every time I try an MD, I overeat!:hyst:
So, I try not to use them at all for now, while I'm trying to lose.
I think they would be GREAT for maintenance, though. YAY JUDDD!:jumpjoy::love:

I have this exact same problem. In the beginning when I tried MDs, they almost always just turned into UDs. It is much easier for me to just stick to regular DDs and UDs. I do have unintentional MDs for a couple days pre-TOM just about every month though, when my DDs would end up 300-500 calories higher. :o Thankfully those couple unintentional MDs pre-TOM haven't affected my weight loss probably because my weight naturally goes up pre-TOM and then goes back down as TOM leaves anyway.