Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2012, 07:16 AM   #181
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcestis View Post
Hi ladies,

I'm jumping into the maintenance lane for the rest of May, if there's room for one more. Actually, this has helped me (in the five minutes since I made the decision) be more honest. I looked up my maintenance numbers and I've really been eating to them this month. Not many WLM DDs in there. I'm refocusing, but I don't want to feel like I'm punishing myself, so I think a two week "rest" makes sense. I have a traumatic history with using food, and having finally broken free of it, I'm wary of triggering any of the old messages.

I love that JUDDD gives us room to stop, regroup, rethink, and ourselves.
Welcome. Glad to have you join us for a time. Your reasoning sounds good. A break, mental and physical, can be very refreshing.

Feel like I'm on top of things again. I can just tell by how I feel around my middle if my bounce is a normal, post UD bounce, or something more sinister like it was last week.
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-2012, 08:25 AM   #182
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: Maintaining ±4 lbs.
Tina,

I probably said this before but I am so happy that you've figured out exactly what your body needs.

The feeling of wonder never dwindles for me as I continue to maintain with eating all that I do.

I especially love the fact that JUDDD is not age biased. That had me concerned when I started in October, but my fears were quickly squelched!
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 10:33 AM   #183
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
to maintenance Alcestis! I too think it's a nice thing to do for yourself, to allow yourself to regroup. And like Dawn said, it's waaaay better than getting frustrated and chucking the whole plan!

I'm feeling really good on maintenance. I did a tweak a few days ago and started resveratrol, which really seems to be helping me manage hunger. I'm not changing anything else, staying at the same calorie numbers to test out the resveratrol and see whether it's beneficial. So far I've seen a tiny drop in the scale to a new low which is gratifying. But I'm liking this.

Tina, so good to see that you're able to tell by how you look in the mirror in the morning whether your bounces are water or not! I imagine that day. Right now I have too much extra around the middle to notice day-to-day changes, maybe someday I'll be where you are. Or maybe not. Right now I'm pretty okay with where I am--would love to lose more but this body is pretty satisfactory too.

Yesterday I wore a dress (I'm usually a jeans and sneakers kind of gal) and it fit so well and was so flattering that DH kept taking pictures of me. LOL. It's a good dress. I wish I knew where it came from, I'd go get more, but I got it from the thrift store so who knows. Well, that dress definitely got moved into the more frequent rotation in the wardrobe.

"Success occurs in clusters and is born in generosity" --Julia Cameron

Describes my JUDDD Buddds perfectly.
Luna Loca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 03:37 PM   #184
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jbinme
Would love to see a picture of you in the dress Luna
Jbinme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 05:27 PM   #185
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: leonak
Stats: 122/116/110-114
Start Date: Start 2-1-14
This is my first month here, all was going good until last Tuesday! Tuesday I worked and it was not the most pleasant day! Came home with a bad headache that last until Friday! Not only the headache but i was constipated big time too ( sorry to be so blunt ). I did Google for some natural help and found this wonder bit of info - take lemon juice or acv, oo, and honey 1 hour before you usually get up, go back to bed and sometime in the morning you get results! For almost 4 days i was full of %&$#! I did not track any calories for 6 days. Now feeling better but have also gained 4 #! I am now back on track and hope to get rid of those 4 # soon!
Old 05-16-2012, 02:18 PM   #186
Major LCF Poster!

Hey all.

Leonak, glad you are feeling better.

So, I think I'm crazy, or maybe just greedy. But I haven't been happy with my maintenance range again. I keep feeling like I'd like it to be 123-125, rather than 125-127. But then I think maybe I'll never be happy. That I'm fine where I am and should just be happy with it. After gaining the past couple weeks, and then relosing it, and seeing the difference those 2 pounds made in my belly/waist area, it got me wondering if 2 more pounds might actually help me get my waist measurement under 30". It really bothers me that I've completely lost my waistline.

But if I do it, will I just get dissatisfied again and think I need to go lower? Am I being unreasonable? I think I'm at a healthy weight, and my clothes fit well.

I was hoping I'd be one of those who just lost effortlessly in maintenance, but it doesn't appear to be the case. So if I want to go lower, I'm going to have to work to make it happen. This is about the length of time in maintenance last time that I started getting itchy to lose a little more.
Old 05-16-2012, 05:45 PM   #187
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: shirlc
Stats: 144/128.5/130-5'5"
WOE: Low/Mod Carb, JUDDD (JUDDD, 10/25/11 at 141.5)
Start Date: March, 2006
Tina, I can so identify with what you are saying here!
shirlc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 05:45 PM   #188
Senior LCF Member

Tina - no you are not crazy! I am very much like you, my gain is always in the waist! For me it is when I am not "going" like I sometimes do, sure makes for a bigger belly for me

I did order some coconut oil today as i heard it can help me "go". I will also use some on my face too

For me this WOE is hard as I was hoping to be able to eat and not gain, but then I was sick for several days last week.

Wishing us all a good week here in M- land!

leonak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 02:08 AM   #189

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Well I am up to 126.6 but I am not rotating at present. Family issues, and 4 house guests but I am not worried. All will return to normal soon.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 04:31 AM   #190
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Alcestis
Stats: 210/159/155 5' 8"
Start Date: December 13th, 2011
Thanks for the support, wonderful ladies. After two days of really paying attention to calories, it seems that was my problem. I'd begun guessing a lot instead of really counting. Who knew?

So in one sense, I'm not really in maintenance, but if I hadn't decided to take that breath and get off the crazy train, I could have charged right off the tracks by now. I feel very good at 700/1800 so I'll definitely keep it here for the rest of May and then reassess. If I can lose and be comfortable on those calories...well, isn't that what JUDDD's all about?

you wise women!
Alcestis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 04:47 AM   #191

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Well I am up to 126.6 but I am not rotating at present. Family issues, and 4 house guests but I am not worried. All will return to normal soon.
I hope you find some resolution soon with all you have going on right now.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 04:50 AM   #192

I'm up 1.2 this morning. Not sure exactly why since I don't usually bounce too much, but I'm not worried about it.

I shifted a case of soda while carrying it into work yesterday and it hit me in the throat. There's no visible bruising, but I can feel some swelling and it's tender to the touch. I wonder if that's enough to make me retain some water for healing.

Alcestis, I'm glad you figured out what was going on.
Old 05-17-2012, 06:25 AM   #193
Major LCF Poster!

Kissa, you know that when you are able to get back to rotations, all will return to normal. For now, focus on what's most important, and that's your family, not your small bounce.

Alcestis--glad you have a plan. Sounds like a good one.

Dawn--it might be enough to stress your body and retain. And it may not have an explanation other than you are a woman. LOL I'm sure it's nothing to worry about.

My 2 UD's worked out fine. Scale never budged from 126. DD today should take me back to my low bounce of 125.
Old 05-17-2012, 09:08 AM   #194
Major LCF Poster!

Dawn, ouch! That sounds very unpleasant
Old 05-17-2012, 11:01 AM   #195

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbinme View Post
Would love to see a picture of you in the dress Luna
I post too many pics of myself as it is. DH has the pics, I'll ask him to send me one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykidsteacher View Post
Hey all.

Leonak, glad you are feeling better.

So, I think I'm crazy, or maybe just greedy. But I haven't been happy with my maintenance range again. I keep feeling like I'd like it to be 123-125, rather than 125-127. But then I think maybe I'll never be happy. That I'm fine where I am and should just be happy with it. After gaining the past couple weeks, and then relosing it, and seeing the difference those 2 pounds made in my belly/waist area, it got me wondering if 2 more pounds might actually help me get my waist measurement under 30". It really bothers me that I've completely lost my waistline.

But if I do it, will I just get dissatisfied again and think I need to go lower? Am I being unreasonable? I think I'm at a healthy weight, and my clothes fit well.

I was hoping I'd be one of those who just lost effortlessly in maintenance, but it doesn't appear to be the case. So if I want to go lower, I'm going to have to work to make it happen. This is about the length of time in maintenance last time that I started getting itchy to lose a little more.
Tina, are you doing any sort of exercise? I wonder if it isn't time for some sculpting. I've been doing Callanetics off and on for several months, just recently have been doing it faithfully again. I'm wondering if some muscle tone is what's needed, not so much loss of weight. Only you know for sure, I'm just throwing that out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcestis View Post
Thanks for the support, wonderful ladies. After two days of really paying attention to calories, it seems that was my problem. I'd begun guessing a lot instead of really counting. Who knew?

So in one sense, I'm not really in maintenance, but if I hadn't decided to take that breath and get off the crazy train, I could have charged right off the tracks by now. I feel very good at 700/1800 so I'll definitely keep it here for the rest of May and then reassess. If I can lose and be comfortable on those calories...well, isn't that what JUDDD's all about?

you wise women!
I'm using about those same numbers. I'm losing, slowly, but losing. And you're so much taller than me. You should lose better on those numbers than I am.

It's amazing what a difference a couple hundred calories makes, isn't it? I'm so much more able to be relaxed about down days now. I'm not sure I'm ever going back to 20% mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
I hope all is well and everything will soon resume it's normal pattern. I love how relaxed you are about this WOE, you're such a role model for all of us.
Old 05-17-2012, 12:07 PM   #196
Major LCF Poster!

Luna, probably. I do almost no exercise. I just hate it. LOL But I know that's probably what I need to firm up my middle section. I wish my library had a callenetics video so I could try it before buying it. I have so many workout tapes that I used for a bit and got sick of.
Old 05-17-2012, 08:29 PM   #197
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna Loca View Post

It's amazing what a difference a couple hundred calories makes, isn't it? I'm so much more able to be relaxed about down days now. I'm not sure I'm ever going back to 20% mode.
I feel the same. I was kind of sabotaging myself with "500 calories" in my head and almost always going over. 700 feels luxurious!

Tina, I have the "Ten Years Younger" Callanetics DVD (can't remember exactly what it's called) and when I did it, I really enjoyed it and I saw great results. I must admit I haven't done it in ages, but I might dig it out now that you've mentioned it. I recommend it, but I know what you mean about those exercise tapes and DVDs piling up...
Old 05-18-2012, 04:33 AM   #198
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: saltnpepper
Stats: 125/106/105 5'
Start Date: long ago restart 06/11
Hi Ladies

Could I please join your group until the end of May? I really think I need to make this my woe for life. kwim? It's just working, and I like the fact we don't eliminate any whole food group.

I have been doing JUDDD for 5 weeks, to help lose those last few lbs. I have been lurking here, but so afraid I couldn't do the DD that I only first posted here yesterday.

Anyway, I would like to maintain for awhile. My first goal was to get down to 100lbs. But I only seem to be losing from the waist up - - not good!! I need to lose the muffin top and hip area. And I know the magic answer is exercise, but gosh how I hate that answer.

btw I'm 54 and been on some sort of diet since I was a young teen.

Thanks for listening

Anna
saltnpepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 05:21 AM   #199
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltnpepper View Post
Hi Ladies

Could I please join your group until the end of May? I really think I need to make this my woe for life. kwim? It's just working, and I like the fact we don't eliminate any whole food group.

I have been doing JUDDD for 5 weeks, to help lose those last few lbs. I have been lurking here, but so afraid I couldn't do the DD that I only first posted here yesterday.

Anyway, I would like to maintain for awhile. My first goal was to get down to 100lbs. But I only seem to be losing from the waist up - - not good!! I need to lose the muffin top and hip area. And I know the magic answer is exercise, but gosh how I hate that answer.

btw I'm 54 and been on some sort of diet since I was a young teen.

Thanks for listening

Anna
You will like it here! I have been here at M-land since May 1, post often as I believe it does indeed help!

I'm from northern Wisconsin - got sun this morning, going to be a nice day!

Once again -
leonak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 07:22 AM   #200
Major LCF Poster!

Hiya Anna! (I know Anna from our challenge thread). Welcome! We are happy to have you here.

And you know I need to exercise too. Today, I plan to do a little gardening and wash our filthy SUV (with all the mud and bugs, it will be quite a workout). Who says you have to do a dvd to get some exercise? Just get out and move today. Do something. You motivate me, I'll help motivate you, ok?
Old 05-18-2012, 11:27 AM   #201

Tina, I wish you could come over and do Callanetics with me. We'd motivate each other!

I haven't looked, but you might try You-tube. There might be snippets of Callanetics videos there and you can get an idea. The thing about Callanetics is that it doesn't look like much. It's tiny tiny movements that work deep into the muscle, but watching it is not very instructive. You kinda have to do it to know what it feels like.

There's also a Callanetics challenge thread on the Exercise board on this site. Sandra Hanna, featured on the new Callanetics Evolution DVD, posts there a lot, helping people perfect their form and just encouraging them. Lots of good info there.

Welcome, Anna!

Alcestis, I'm so glad you're happier with your DDs now!!!! Yay!!!!
Old 05-19-2012, 11:05 AM   #202
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: saltnpepper
Stats: 125/106/105 5'
Start Date: long ago restart 06/11
Thank you for such nice welcomes.

I love reading your post. I learn a lot from all of you.

leonak I'm in southern TX. It is hot here all the time. I really don't like it. I'm from MO, and I really miss the 4 seasons. sigh.......oh well, bloom where your planted.

mykids!!! So good to see you here. YES YES YES we will help each other. Great ideal about washing the sub. I have a small car, but it is really dirty! It is black inside, and the baby g-daughter eats in it. Oh boy...anyway. Thanks for the ideal.

Thanks Luna. Wow you have come so far, I'm proud of you.....I know it is hard for me to lose....so your stats are very impressive.

Well, I have a full week-end. I look fwd to posting more, and getting to know you all as we cheer each other on.

Later,

Anna
saltnpepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 05:54 PM   #203
Major LCF Poster!

I did get the suv washed, and potted my mother's day plants, and got the 5 yo spring/summer hand me downs out of the attic. So got all my projects done Friday. Sat was a trip to niece's grad party, and I didn't count anything. Had a smoothie for breakfast, all kinds of yummy food for lunch, and nothing for dinner. So I likely stayed within my UD limits. Another UD today as I went out to lunch with friends. But weight is staying rock steady at 126. So yay for JUDDD magic!
Old 05-21-2012, 01:57 PM   #204

Hi Anna, lovely to have you with us.

I am still maintaining even after a week off my rotations. The highest I saw was 126.6 and I was back to 124.8 a couple of days ago. Today was my first real DD and it felt so good to be doing things properly again.

I got to 438 cals and that is good. I can do 5-700 easily while maintaining but while I am trying to get back my metabolism back up to scratch it is best to drop them down a bit.
Old 05-21-2012, 02:14 PM   #205

I am exactly the same weight at this morning's weigh-in as I was a week ago. There hasn't been much fluctuation, and I'm pleased with that. I have been eating pretty low calories on DDs though for maintenance and thought I might drop a bit. I'm pretty sure, as my body's still trying to adjust to the increased meds and my condition, it's just going to be hard to lose anything.

My energy has not increased with the doubled medication either, so I suspect I'm going to need a supplementary medication to help convert the first one into a usable form. Nothing's easy with thyroids apparently!

As I proceed happily along Maintain Lane, I think I've decided I'm just going to maintain for however long it takes to get my thyroid back in working order, or the meds regulated, and my symptoms alleviated. I can't begin to tell you all how much of a relief it is to allow myself to work on just one thing at a time. If it takes a month or six months, at least I know I can keep on JUDDDing and return to WLM when my body decides it's ready.

I did want to be in Onederland by my birthday though, so that's hard to let go of.

Anyway, have I mentioned lately how much I JUDDD?

JUDDD got me where I want to be!
Old 05-21-2012, 02:40 PM   #206

Dawn, you sound like you're in a good place with your decision. I'm glad. Even though you won't necessarily be losing, you'll be healing your body as you keep JUDDDing. Then once your meds are balanced you'll be poised to jump back in and lose again. Sounds like a good plan!

Kissa, how wonderful that you're able to maintain so well and so easily. I've said it before and I'll say it again, you are one that models maintenance so well for the rest of us. It's a pleasure to hear how well it goes for you.

I've spent the afternoon picking up cigarette butts and other trash from a favorite spot in the park nearby that was looking a little ratty. It's a beautiful day and I just wanted to do it. I feel so accomplished and it kept me occupied and away from the thought of food until 4 pm, which is a pretty big accomplishment for me.

Now I've had some lunch (broccoli slaw, chicken and laughing cow) and sipping on an iced coffee. This might wind up being quite a low calorie DD.
Old 05-21-2012, 02:41 PM   #207

Dawn I think that is a very wise approach. What are your numbers now?
Old 05-21-2012, 03:37 PM   #208

I was aiming for 2100/750-800 (35-40%), but the last few DDs I've been satisfied with under 600, and actually could not get up to the 750 mark. That's actually at 30% WLM for me, but I'm maintaining on that. I vaguely feel like playing with the numbers just to see what happens.
Old 05-21-2012, 05:13 PM   #209
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jbinme
Dawn- I'm frustrated with my thyroid right now. I've been on the same dose of medication for a few years now. At my last dr appt about a month ago she tested and I was taking too much. She said this can happen when you've lost a lot of weight. So I'm taking 1 less pill a week. It's been a few weeks now and I can feel the difference. I wonder if I lost the weight and had so much energy because I was taking too much. Hopefully it will get where it's supposed to be soon. I don't like feeling 'off'.

I think your plan is great. I hope your levels get where they should be soon!

I JUDDD too!
Old 05-21-2012, 06:59 PM   #210

Thanks Janette. I had no idea how difficult this whole process is. Ugh. I'm glad you're getting to reduce. That's awesome!