Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2012, 11:01 AM   #571
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Barb (cr), I can identify with dieting as bonding. Even more, the weight thing took up such space in my own head that it's tough to know what to do with myself and my identity as it shrinks.
Barb (babs), I can also completely identify with your relief at not seeing your goal weight! At some point, having not weighed myself in a while, I stepped on a scale and saw 130 point something. I assumed the scale was wrong. It wasn't, and I flipped into an overeating thing for weeks. It was like seeing someone else's face in the mirror. Crazy.
But I felt great. I mean my body felt great.
So now I'm JUDDDing away, weighing, and trying to focus on how I feel at this weight or that weight. Giving up my ideas about numbers and paying attention to what feels best . It's a good place to be.
One again, I am hugely grateful for all of you.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2012, 11:27 AM   #572
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cactusrose63
Stats: 156/156/130 - 5'4", Age: 53
WOE: JUDDD 1900/800 or less if I can!
Start Date: JUDDD restart June 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyjoy View Post
Barb (cr), I can identify with dieting as bonding. Even more, the weight thing took up such space in my own head that it's tough to know what to do with myself and my identity as it shrinks.
SOOO true! I can't believe how much time of my life has been focused on EATING, and for years, what to eat (LC), when to eat, how much to eat, when can I eat this or that, what about holidays, when can I sneak in something yummy and forbidden when hubby isn't around, what can I eat or not when treats are brought into work--the constant barrage of these kinds of thoughts all day every day----GGAAHHHH!!! And of course in the mix was how much should I exercise so I can eat whatever I want whenever I want?? Yikes, am I a head case or what??

I have been working on my photography a bit more these days since I was doing a bit of maintenance and not following cals as much. Does this feel weird but oh-so-good to me, and quite freeing. It's almost like I have an actual life outside of this obsession for once.

Thank you girls for your understanding of my state of mind, and the I feel here on this forum.

Lost 3 pounds from Jan 1 2012 til April 30 2012 by "eating healthy", LC, etc...
Lost 12 pounds from May 1 2012 til September 1 2012 with JUDDD

Down and Up 10-15# every year since 2000 with VLC, semi LC and Carb Cycling
Anticipating forever success with JUDDD!!
cactusrose63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:28 PM   #573
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: leonak
Stats: 122/115/110-114
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Start 2-1-14
when can I sneak in something yummy and forbidden when hubby isn't around,

How true this words are for me too and I thought I was the only one!!!

Just love those words!

Leona
leonak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 01:40 PM   #574
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: shirlc
Stats: 144/128.5/130-5'5"
WOE: Low/Mod Carb, JUDDD (JUDDD, 10/25/11 at 141.5)
Start Date: March, 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusrose63 View Post

when can I sneak in something yummy and forbidden when hubby isn't around

I actually sneak food into the bathroom and eat it there so he doesn't see me indulging in more than I should. Don't do this often, but when I'm having a "binge day."
shirlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 03:12 PM   #575
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Babsbabs
Stats: HW203 SW163.8/145.8/145
Start Date: March 2012
Thanks Kristen I think you have the right idea to just stop thinking about the numbers and see what feels right. I was thinking about my post this afternoon and it occurred to me that what I am afraid of is gaining all the weight back again after I reach "goal". I do have some experience at doing this as it has happened a few times in the past. I haven't gone up over 200 again but it is an easy hop skip and jump back to the 170's and 180's for me. I am slowly realizing that it is ok to reach goal this time as I am not at the end of my rope trying to stick to a diet that I am tired of, and I know how to eat what I want and stay slim. I feel great at this weight but I think I will drop the last couple of pounds below my goal just to get rid of that concern. Thanks for all the support here! To you and wishing everyone continued maintanance success!
Barb- that is great that you are getting back into photography! What sort of things do you enjoy taking photos of?
Old 09-08-2012, 09:32 PM   #576
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyjoy View Post
I can also completely identify with your relief at not seeing your goal weight! At some point, having not weighed myself in a while, I stepped on a scale and saw 130 point something. I assumed the scale was wrong. It wasn't, and I flipped into an overeating thing for weeks. It was like seeing someone else's face in the mirror. Crazy.
But I felt great. I mean my body felt great.
So now I'm JUDDDing away, weighing, and trying to focus on how I feel at this weight or that weight. Giving up my ideas about numbers and paying attention to what feels best . It's a good place to be.
One again, I am hugely grateful for all of you.
Same here, I saw that 141 and all of a sudden I was extending my vacation and Labor Day holiday...and eating more junk. WTH??? I did not get on the scale, but back to rotations and my first good DD today. I already knew I didn't like how I felt physically, I didn't need to complicate matters with a bad scale number. So first weigh in in a week tomorrow.

I love the idea of focusing on the "feeling" aspect of weight control. Becoming more important to me now the more I think about it, is wanting to feel good. Sounds like you are seeing a good amount of freedom in relation to the numbers game, so very happy for you!!
Old 09-08-2012, 09:46 PM   #577
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babsbabs View Post
Thanks Kristen I think you have the right idea to just stop thinking about the numbers and see what feels right. I was thinking about my post this afternoon and it occurred to me that what I am afraid of is gaining all the weight back again after I reach "goal". I do have some experience at doing this as it has happened a few times in the past. I haven't gone up over 200 again but it is an easy hop skip and jump back to the 170's and 180's for me. I am slowly realizing that it is ok to reach goal this time as I am not at the end of my rope trying to stick to a diet that I am tired of, and I know how to eat what I want and stay slim. I feel great at this weight but I think I will drop the last couple of pounds below my goal just to get rid of that concern. Thanks for all the support here! To you and wishing everyone continued maintanance success!
Barb- that is great that you are getting back into photography! What sort of things do you enjoy taking photos of?
Barb, I have lost at least about 100-150 pounds in the past 10+ years since I would regain and lose 10-15# every year, so I am right there with you! I think it's a valid fear IMO, due to the fact that in the past we met with diet fatigue, like we just couldn't do it a minute longer or something once goal was met. Now we thankfully have the tools to see this through to our goal and possibly beyond. All while we gently allow our metabolisms and psyches to heal. I am trying to be kinder and more patient with myself in this process.

As far as photography goes, I just love being outdoors, so nature and landscape photography are the subjects I really lean toward. I am thinking about starting a FB page with my most favorite photos (or something along those lines). I am playing with a tiny bit of photoshop, nothing crazy (usually). Trying to get back in touch with my creative side. I used to think I had one when I was quite a bit younger, now I think it's buried pretty deep.
Old 09-09-2012, 08:28 PM   #578
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: theredhead
Stats: 229/152/150
WOE: Atkins/hCG/maintaining EASILY with JUDDD
Start Date: 09/04/03
I haven't had time to post much lately, so I thought I'd stop in and just say I'm still maintaining really well with JUDDD. I continue to be amazed at all the food I can eat on my UDs without a disaster, lol. My DDs are still at 600 calories, and I plan to keep them there for the rest of my life, since it works so well for me. It allows me to maintain my weight and eat 2500-3500 calories on my UDs! Who would've ever thought I could do that? I definitely think JUDDDing has healed my metabolism and I don't feel that I'm insulin resistant anymore. I feel more like a "normal" person than I ever remember, and I still get compliments on how skinny I am. Not too shabby for this 55 year old granny!
Click here for our fatties pics!
And another old one

Click here for a new picture.
And another newer one
theredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 02:39 AM   #579
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jbinme
Laurie-you look amazing! Thanks for reminding us that you can just keep on living your life and maintain with this wonderful woe.
Jbinme is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 02:48 AM   #580
WJS
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: WJS
Stats: 165/136/125 Height 5.5"
WOE: Trying HDE
Start Date: August 27, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by theredhead View Post
I haven't had time to post much lately, so I thought I'd stop in and just say I'm still maintaining really well with JUDDD. I continue to be amazed at all the food I can eat on my UDs without a disaster, lol. My DDs are still at 600 calories, and I plan to keep them there for the rest of my life, since it works so well for me. It allows me to maintain my weight and eat 2500-3500 calories on my UDs! Who would've ever thought I could do that? I definitely think JUDDDing has healed my metabolism and I don't feel that I'm insulin resistant anymore. I feel more like a "normal" person than I ever remember, and I still get compliments on how skinny I am. Not too shabby for this 55 year old granny!
Hi Laurie, well done and congratulations!! Out of interest on maintaining, how often do you do your 600 calorie dd's?
WJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 12:09 PM   #581
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks, Jbinme!

WJS, I still rotate one day DD, one UD. Occasionally, if there is some good reason, I'll double up on UDs, but go right back to the rotation. What got me here is keeping me here.
Old 09-10-2012, 12:11 PM   #582
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Laurie, thanks - again - for popping in to share your story. I'm inspired every single time. I would LOVE to have our freedom with UDs at some point.
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 12:37 PM   #583
WJS
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: WJS
Stats: 165/136/125 Height 5.5"
WOE: Trying HDE
Start Date: August 27, 2012
Thank you for the response Laurie. I was hoping you were going to say you are maintaining on the 5 -2 rotation so a little disappointed because I do find dd's hard.

In any case, I just had a look at your photos and you look amazing!!! Well done you!!
WJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:50 PM   #584
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks for the nice compliments, ladies. It keeps me going. I'm sitting here at the end of a down day, a bit hungry. But tomorrow is going to be wonderful, so I don't mind. Knowing that I can control myself has given me a big self-esteem boost. I wish I could share it with everyone!
Old 09-10-2012, 08:15 PM   #585
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Babsbabs
Stats: HW203 SW163.8/145.8/145
Start Date: March 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by theredhead View Post
Thanks for the nice compliments, ladies. It keeps me going. I'm sitting here at the end of a down day, a bit hungry. But tomorrow is going to be wonderful, so I don't mind. Knowing that I can control myself has given me a big self-esteem boost. I wish I could share it with everyone!
It is great to hear that this can be done long term! 600 cal DD's sound very worthwhile if they allow for enjoyable UD's and a healthy weight. It is wonderful that both you and your husband have had success with this.
Babsbabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:59 PM   #586
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
Laurie....member me? Fellow Texan! Love that you are maintaining so successfully.

I was in maint. 5mos. and did great too. I recently posted how I went about it in a thread I think was called "Sept. Main Lane" or similar, and am not at all opposed to trying it your way some of the time too.

I also announced that I was going to go back into WLM to drop maybe 5 or 10 lbs. more, but my family ,(JUST THIS EVENING),convinced me I did not need to go any lower. Most important was my husband telling me how fabulous I looked.(His words!!) So, now I feel like I jumped the gun telling everyone I was going to try to loose more. Not going to waste any time feeling silly. I'm sort of feeling more like celebrating that I can put these feelings of uncertainty and being in limbo to rest!

Just for fun, if you see this Laurie, what do you eat on a typical DD of 600cals? I might try your method for a change! Also, do you count your UDs? I have found it necessary to do so, for fear my weight would slowly creep up! For me, it really is a small price to pay to finally stay where I want to be.

Last edited by gotitnow; 09-10-2012 at 10:12 PM.. Reason: Cant imagine not JUDDING FOR LIFE!!!!! Love Phyl
gotitnow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:55 AM   #587
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotitnow View Post
Laurie....member me? Fellow Texan! Love that you are maintaining so successfully.

I was in maint. 5mos. and did great too. I recently posted how I went about it in a thread I think was called "Sept. Main Lane" or similar, and am not at all opposed to trying it your way some of the time too.

I also announced that I was going to go back into WLM to drop maybe 5 or 10 lbs. more, but my family ,(JUST THIS EVENING),convinced me I did not need to go any lower. Most important was my husband telling me how fabulous I looked.(His words!!) So, now I feel like I jumped the gun telling everyone I was going to try to loose more. Not going to waste any time feeling silly. I'm sort of feeling more like celebrating that I can put these feelings of uncertainty and being in limbo to rest!

Just for fun, if you see this Laurie, what do you eat on a typical DD of 600cals? I might try your method for a change! Also, do you count your UDs? I have found it necessary to do so, for fear my weight would slowly creep up! For me, it really is a small price to pay to finally stay where I want to be.
Certainly I remember you, my fellow Texan! I admit I haven't been keeping up with the threads here very well, so I wasn't aware you were going to try to lose more. I know what you mean, though. In the back of my mind, I sometimes think that if I could really draw back on those UD calories, I could lose a few more pounds. Then, I think to myself, "Why?" Habit. My clothes fit, my DH chases me constantly, I get compliments, and I have several pairs of size 4 jeans and a pair of size 4 slacks. I'm just still not happy with my still-blubbery belly. Some of it is loose skin, some of it is probably fat. However, I really do know that losing more weight will probably not get rid of it before I look too skinny everywhere else. So I have to accept that my body looks better than it's looked since I was a teenager, and it's good enough.

As for what I eat, it's really boring. I tend to eat the same few things over and over, and after a few months, I might switch to something else for awhile. At first, I was making a very low calorie veggie soup, chicken or beef, and eating it for at least one meal a day. I also ate a lot of eggs.

Then I went into my egg eating phase for the last several months. My next-door neighbor sells me fresh eggs, so I ate a lot of them. I never get tired of them, really. I rarely eat before noon on a DD, because it gets my appetite started. If I've had a lot to eat on my UD the day before, I'm really not hungry until then. I would eat a whole egg mixed with 1/4 cup egg sub and scrambled. I'd eat it over a chopped up Mozzarella cheese stick, and sprayed with Parkay 0 calorie buttery spray. For a snack, I eat the 100-calorie popcorn pack, then I'm done until about 5:00 or 5:30. I drink copious amounts of very sweet (AS) iced tea all day. When it's dinnertime, I might eat the eggs again, or sometimes I just drink a nice big glass of Calorie Countdown Chocolate Milk (80 cals/cup), which is one of my favorite things in the world. It's filling and nutritious. Sometimes, if I have enough calories left, I'll eat a 60-calorie pudding cup. Boring, huh?

The past couple of weeks, I've been eating a Lean Cuisine sometimes. The Herb Roasted Chicken meal is 170 calories and absolutely delicious! I've also started eating the Campbell's Lite Vegetable Beef with Barley soup at 160 calories for the whole can. I'm enjoying these different meals, but I still keep it pretty simple.

For me, if I were to try to plan to eat smaller portions of "normal" foods, and figure out calories every DD, I'd be more tempted to add a few extra calories here and there. Eating the same things over and over keeps me on the straight and narrow, and it's easy to not have to think about it. I go to my mom's house most Fridays and sometimes it's an UD and sometimes it's a DD. On DDs, I simply fry myself a couple of eggs, and eat a cheese stick while I'm there and I'm satisfied. (Of course, the purpose of my visit keeps me very occupied. I take my 2 yr old granddaughter to visit and we have a great time playing with her.)

I'm fortunate that I don't have to cook for anybody else on DDs. My DH loves eggs and has eaten them every day for years, dieting or not. He is totally content to eat his eggs, or the soup or Lean Cuisine, as well. I don't even fix it for him most of the time (terrible wife!). He works out of town a lot, too, and he's always been pretty self-sufficient that way.

All that said about DDs, we sure enjoy our UDs. I try a lot of new recipes and enjoy cooking, or we go out and eat something yummy sometimes. When my DD's out of town, he eats with friends and enjoys his UDs a lot. I'm very fortunate to have a life-style that supports my making my own choices about when/what to eat. My family understands that I might go out to eat with them and only drink tea if it's a DD. It doesn't bother me one bit because I know that tomorrow I'm going to eat something wonderful!

Wow, I think I wrote a book, but I hope it inspires somebody else.
Old 09-11-2012, 09:12 AM   #588
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: shirlc
Stats: 144/128.5/130-5'5"
WOE: Low/Mod Carb, JUDDD (JUDDD, 10/25/11 at 141.5)
Start Date: March, 2006
Laurie, you are very inspiring...you can be proud!!!
shirlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:51 AM   #589
Major LCF Poster!

Great post Laurie! You are rocking maintenance!
Old 09-11-2012, 06:51 PM   #590
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
Laurie! over there in Fort Worth!! Loved your "book" resoponse! Your eating is very similar to mine as it turns out! Not boring to me if I'm happy! I'm lucky to have very understanding family too.

Oh, and your thoughts about losing more would mirror my same concerns. I am 59 and will be 60 in Jan. soooooo.....don't want to look like a deflated baloon!! I just always get hung up on "numbers" on the scale.

I think it's high time I STAY content and maybe focus on moving more and more! At LEAST walking and some toning exercises. Isn't it the most wonderful thing to have such a fantastic eating plan for the rest of our lives? I really would never have thought it was possible. I LOVE keeping it simple and we can do that!!

Love ya sweet BUDD!!!!!

Phyl
gotitnow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:41 PM   #591
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks, Phyl! I think we're like-minded about JUDDD. Love it! And love my JUDDD BUDDDs!
Old 09-12-2012, 08:20 AM   #592
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Me too. I am not quite as good at the strict rotations but I love the simplicity of this whole thing.

And I have had to stop myself from losing any more just for vanity. My DH also drew the line.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 01:19 PM   #593
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
Hi all, just popping in! Wanted to tell you that my maintenance is going great. If you remember, I'm not counting, just keeping to rotations and doing my best to have nice low down days (I do rough estimate my numbers on down days--if I can) and have reasonable up days, although some of them do turn into food-fests.

I finally got near a scale and it said I was down at 162, so below my maintenance bounce range. I'm not sure whether to call it official or not since it wasn't my scale and I had no experience with whether this one weighs heavy or light or what. I hope it's not off too far because it's the scale we used to weigh our luggage for our trip.

We leave in two days. I'm so excited and also hopeful that I can keep the weight off while we're gone. Although, I know that even if some comes back on, I can lose it again quickly. So really there's nothing to worry about!

"Success occurs in clusters and is born in generosity" --Julia Cameron

Describes my JUDDD Buddds perfectly.
Luna Loca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 01:59 PM   #594
Major LCF Poster!

Luna-you are doing great!
Hope you have a safe trip and have a wonderful experience