Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2012, 11:37 AM   #421
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Happy, happy anniversary both sets of celebrants, if that is an okay way to put it, lol.

And Luna for the 2nd in case I don't have Internet connection at the next hotel. This one has been great.

My MUDDING went okayish. My calories were way too high, but I am not beating myself up over that, it is a holiday and this is France! But today's lunch ended very late, which was a great way to spend a sunny Sunday overlooking the harbour on the Ile de Re, however, now I have only about 24 hours of my fasting DD before another big meal.

Oh well, we do what we can, this too shall pass.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.

Last edited by Kissa; 07-01-2012 at 11:44 AM..
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2012, 12:05 PM   #422
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CharlotteChick
Stats: 164/147/140
WOE: Post-hcg/high fat/low carbs
Start Date: JUDD: March 27, 2012 :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyjoy View Post
Thanks, Janette. Looking forward to seeing your beautiful face.
It's weird to think that we could all pass each other on the street and not know enough to fling our arms around each other in thanks for being friends here.
Thanks, Janette! It's fun being able to see what each other looks like while we're friends here in CyberSpace.
CharlotteChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 12:12 PM   #423
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykidsteacher View Post
I lost all 4 of the pounds I put on over the weekend, plus one more. 124 this am. Love that!
So happy for you! That's got to feel GREAT.

It's really HOT here in Charlotte so I feel really bloated from the heat, and the scale is up, I'm sure, because of it. Yuk. I am so thankful we have air conditioning; there are so many folks in the US who don't have power.

Tina,thanks for your suggestion to think more about carbs/calories. More carbs? Less calories.

Hugs to you all; stay cool! -- Susan
Old 07-01-2012, 12:14 PM   #424
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Happy, happy anniversary both sets of celebrants, if that is an okay way to put it, lol.

It is a holiday and this is France! But
I think you're doing a GREAT job while you're away from home and on holiday. Have a cup of espresso on me

Stay cool! -- Susan
Old 07-01-2012, 12:31 PM   #425
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna Loca View Post
Wow, lots going on here in maintainland!

If you don't mind sharing, what do you do acupuncture for and what are the results? I've never tried it.
I don't know if you're like me, but I hate spending money on me when something hurts; I'd rather just wait it out and see if things get better. Well, after THREE months, I'd decided I'd better do something about this tremendous shoulder pain. I tried a deep pressure muscle massage. After 24 hours, the pain came back. So then I thought I'd try acupuncture. The results have been so amazing -- I keep going back.

You know how you feel when you have a flu? Your whole body hurts? That's how I felt over a week ago. One acpuncture appointment and all the aches were gone. One day I walked into her office with a horrible migraine and walked out without one.

My shoulder will sometimes feel stiff in the mornings, but it doesn't hurt. I am no longer in PAIN. Acupuncture rocks! Hate the needles; love the results!

Seeing a homepath, too, for the first time. Have had good results with her, too. She uses muscle testing -- which is really "out there."

-- Susan
Discovered JUDDD (March 2012)
Fast 5 (January 2013)
Old 07-01-2012, 12:35 PM   #426
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
Tomorrow my DH and I celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary /BackToLurkerMode
Old 07-01-2012, 12:39 PM   #427

Wow, Susan, those are amazing results. Is the muscle testing Kineaseology? I have had an amature try that with me and it is very 'odd'.

I love the new avatar too, sometimes I kind of 'lose' folks when they change their avatar, you know what I mean? But I can spot your smiling face at 20 paces.
Old 07-01-2012, 05:29 PM   #428

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
Quote:

And Luna for the 2nd in case I don't have Internet connection at the next hotel. This one has been great.

My MUDDING went okayish. My calories were way too high, but I am not beating myself up over that, it is a holiday and this is France! But today's lunch ended very late, which was a great way to spend a sunny Sunday overlooking the harbour on the Ile de Re, however, now I have only about 24 hours of my fasting DD before another big meal.

Oh well, we do what we can, this too shall pass.
Oh, Kissa, I really envy your trip! I hope that you are having a wonderful time and enjoying all the great food...knowing that your SIRT-1s are going full blast and you'll quickly and easily remove any overindulgence with a couple of good down days.

Thank you for the good wishes, but nobody start the birthday celebrations just yet, it's not until the fourth.

Having a lovely anniversary with DH---we made the donation for the flowers at church this week in honor of our anniversary, and since the fourth is a holiday there will be no Wednesday service, so the church staff insisted we just bring them home with us, as they would just sit all week and wilt. So I'm sitting with the fragrance of this beautiful flower arrangement wafting around me.

We went to a pub for lunch, had English-style fish and chips--at least so says the owner, and his British accent convinced me he knows what he's talking about. Then we went to a movie, and are just having a lovely time at home before deciding what to do about dinner--whether to have some, or just go straight to dessert and have ice cream. I love up days.

"Success occurs in clusters and is born in generosity" --Julia Cameron

Describes my JUDDD Buddds perfectly.
Luna Loca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 12:39 AM   #429

Lovely, what goes around comes around. Enjoy your special day.
Old 07-02-2012, 04:04 AM   #430
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbinme View Post
Can I join you girls?
to the Maintenance Lane! Love to have you! The more the merrier!
Old 07-02-2012, 04:18 AM   #431
Senior LCF Member

Help! I need my JUDDD BUDDDs!

I am freaking out and trying to stay calm My scale went UP by almost THREE POUNDS this mornng! I have not changed WHAT I'm eating, just eating less by about 100 calories on my UD. And yes, it's been bloody HOT around here (in the 100s), so I've been drinking at least 80 ounces of (ionized alkaline) water. What in the world is going ON?

I've been eating DD at 700 calories (and losing) and trying something new by eating 1700 on UD, averaging out to 1200/day (wanting to maintain and maybe lose). Can't go lower than 700; I don't have enough energy and yes, I eat proteins/fats on those days; no carbs. I lost at 1800/day, so I guess I should try 1800/700?

-- Susan
Old 07-02-2012, 04:23 AM   #432
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Wow, Susan, those are amazing results. Is the muscle testing Kineaseology?
Unsure of what they call it. But it's very "out of the box." A few of my friends have had amazing results where the medical community couldn't figure out what was going on (just wanted to prescribe meds and more meds), but my homepath identified clearly identified the issues. Made a believer out of me!

Did you drink that espresso for me? Au revoir! -- Susan
Old 07-02-2012, 05:27 AM   #433
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Hey all,I think that muscle testing you're referring to is called AK, or Applied Kineseology. I've seen it done poorly and well, but it's interesting when done well.
Susan, ahhhhhhh! (brief empathetic freak out)
I don't weigh myself often. This week I somehow gained six pounds over three days! My face has been puffier than hell and my pants are tight. I, too, freaked out. Didn't like seeing that number. Then I just shrugged my shoulders and thought, what can I do but carry on with rotations? I'll do it at pre-maintenance levels in case my raised UDs contributed, but that's it. I am happy that I don't feel a self-destructive response coming. I used to eat more when this happened, for some reason no rational woman would understand.
Two DDs later, I've only lost two of those pounds, which leaves me cursing those who say, don't worry, two DDs'll take care of that.
Heat, hormones, CO, travel, dehydration. I dunno. Today's a DD and the simplicity of that feels good enough for now.
All the best
Old 07-02-2012, 05:32 AM   #434

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteChick View Post
I am freaking out and trying to stay calm My scale went UP by almost THREE POUNDS this mornng! I have not changed WHAT I'm eating, just eating less by about 100 calories on my UD. And yes, it's been bloody HOT around here (in the 100s), so I've been drinking at least 80 ounces of (ionized alkaline) water. What in the world is going ON?

I've been eating DD at 700 calories (and losing) and trying something new by eating 1700 on UD, averaging out to 1200/day (wanting to maintain and maybe lose). Can't go lower than 700; I don't have enough energy and yes, I eat proteins/fats on those days; no carbs. I lost at 1800/day, so I guess I should try 1800/700?

-- Susan
There are a few reasons this may have happened. First, do you weigh daily or weekly or when? The only reason I ask is because if you went up 3 lbs "overnight" since yesterday, you can rest absolutely assured it's simply water weight and will go away. If you only weigh once/week, you may want to watch it for a few days to see what's happening, before you determine that you need to play with your numbers.

You mentioned (I think) having a full deep tissue massage recently. Lots of people have been known to retain water after that. It's as bad as a major workout in terms of how your muscles feel afterward, even though it's great for you. The same can be said of the acupuncture. Even though you're having great results, your body could simply be holding onto water while it figures out if this is something good for you, or violent invaders which need to be eradicated!

As you know, heat and humidity can also cause us to retain water, even if we're drinking plenty.

Don't freak out (yet). Let's see what's going on first.

JUDDD got me where I want to be!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 06:41 AM   #435
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Good words Dawn.

No freak outs allowed. And yes, it can sometimes take more than 2 dd's to 'fix' a bounce. But it will come down. Starting maintenance is almost harder than being in wlm, because you are trying to find that equilibrium that lets you stay stable, and yet gain a little freedom.

Toss in heat, humidity, hormones, massage, exercise, stress and any other number of things and it just confounds the problem of trying to find that perfect place. And even when you find it, there's a chance that more healing will happen and you'll need to adjust again.
Old 07-02-2012, 06:45 AM   #436
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by mykidsteacher View Post
Starting maintenance is almost harder than being in wlm, because you are trying to find that equilibrium that lets you stay stable, and yet gain a little .
Tina, this is really, really true for me. The reason I'm not freaking (more often) is that it still isn't as wingy as the first month of JUDDD for me. It worked itself out then, so I trust it'll do the same now. Looking forward to that, though.
Thanks for the thoughts.
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 06:46 AM   #437
Senior LCF Member

Kristin and Dawn, Thanks so much for replying so quickly.

Dawn -- No longer "obese" as of 7/1/12!

I weigh every morning. The massage was over a month ago I think I'll take Kristin's attitude and just keep going. BUT I will say that each time I ate at 1700 calories, I gained....

Hugs to you all, JUDDD BUDDDs! Couldn't do this without you!
Old 07-02-2012, 06:50 AM   #438

Hugs, CharlotteChick and Kristen. No freking out allowed as Tina says!

Our bodies love playing these tricks on us, we just have to keep on keeping on. Don't panic yourself into adjusting your calories each time that rotten scale does a bounce.

I do think that Kristen did the right thing though, 6 does seem uncalled for.
Old 07-02-2012, 08:35 AM   #439
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: leonak
Stats: 122/116/110-114
Start Date: Start 2-1-14
I have gained 3 # also Since June 1 and they are still with me

After reading of others here gaining a bit, I feel somewhat better

I feel so not alone

We must and will do better!

Leona
leonak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 10:06 AM   #440

I'm contemplating testing JUDDD forgiveness this weekend. We're taking Keira to Great America (her request for straight A's-it's an amusement park) on Saturday, and doing a San Francisco bay cruise on Sunday. We'll also be meeting my aunt for brunch in the city on Sunday.

DH is thinking about re-joining the JUDDD bandwagon. He has a coworker (female--sorry Ghost and Jamie if you're reading this) also doing JUDDD and wants all our rotations to be the same. Hers and mine are currently opposite.

So . . . I'm thinking of either not counting at all this weekend , or doing a MD on Saturday at the amusement park, and an UD on Sunday in San Francisco. You can't visit Fisherman's Wharf or Pier 39 on a DD after all! This will reset our rotation so everyone's on the same page.

Decisions, decisions. I sure do love the flexibility with this WOE.
Old 07-02-2012, 01:45 PM   #441

Dearest Dawn, well done to Kiera on those straight As. I am delighted that DH is rejoing you on JUDDD, whatever you decide will be right for you and this time next week will just be a happy memory.
Old 07-03-2012, 07:45 AM   #442
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
I'm contemplating testing JUDDD forgiveness this weekend. We're taking Keira to Great America (her request for straight A's-it's an amusement park) on Saturday, and doing a San Francisco bay cruise on Sunday. You can't visit Fisherman's Wharf or Pier 39 on a DD after all!
Decisions, decisions. I sure do love the flexibility with this WOE.
There isn't a JEALOUS smiley face I am so jealous/happy for you that you get to go to Pier 39 Just eat what you want with an itsy bitsy teeny weeny bit of caution You'll be just fine, I'm sure

to Kiera! What a great job! And how wonderful that your husband's gong to do JUDDD. You'll have a JUDDD BUDDD in the flesh.

Have a great time! Happy 4th! -- Susan
Old 07-03-2012, 09:47 AM   #443

Tina, thanks for sharing your experiences with coconut oil. I started adding it two days ago and had a nice low low down day yesterday and am down one and a half pounds today. Coincidence? Maybe. But maybe it was the coconut oil. I'm continuing the experiment to see if the trend holds.

Dawn, have a wonderful time in San Francisco! DH and I went a few years ago and it is a very fun city. Not familiar with pier 39 but it sounds like a great place. Maybe if we go back we'll check it out. Have a wonderful time!
Old 07-03-2012, 10:20 AM   #444

Luna, are you counting the calories from the CO? I'm testing the thermogenic theory too, and each time I've taken it, I've been warm within a half hour, then stay warm for 1 1/2 - 2 hours. I'm actually sitting at my desk with short sleeves on right now. That never happens!

Oh, I hope you get to make it to Pier 39 sometime. It's really just a sort of fun, touristy shopping area, but there are magicians, and jugglers, lots of food, a decent aquarium, and it's where the sea lions come to rest on the floating docks. It's fun.

Sorry Susan.
Old 07-03-2012, 10:50 AM   #445

I'm not counting them. But I'm generally within calorie tolerances that even if the calories did count, I would not be too far off. My DD yesterday, not counting the 1T of coconut oil, was 230 calories. So I'm not too worried about it either way.
Old 07-03-2012, 11:22 AM   #446
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Well Luna, at least it sounds like the CO isn't hurting anything, and may be giving some benefit.

I found some old measurement/weight charts yesterday when I was cleaning my desk, and was able to compare my measurements from back at a time when I was also 125. It was really interesting. (this would have been when my 3rd child was about 18 mos old, and well before I had the 4th--I would have been almost 34).

First set of measurements from 3/99, second set from 6/30/12
Upper back 33", 32 1/2"
Chest 33 3/4, 35 1/4
Bra band 30 1/4, 30 3/4
Waist 28 1/4, 30 1/4
Abdomen 33 1/2, 33
Hip 37 1/4, 36 1/2
6" above knee 18, 18

So I guess I actually have been this size at least once since we got married--and it's interesting that I didn't remember getting here. But the waist measurement is the one that really bothers me. It's not just my imagination that it is bigger. So I think I'm going to make my July goal a non-scale one, and that is to get that measurement under 30". I also noticed that I got to 126 in early 1997, but was only there about 2 seconds, because almost as soon as I reached that goal weight (using Atkins) I discovered I was pg with #3. LOL
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 08:31 PM   #447
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
Hi everyone, I lost another half pound my second week in Maintenence. I've upped my UD to 1,900 and then I will try 60% which will be 2,000/300. I'm getting so much food on my UD that some DD I almost forget to finish off the last of my 300 calories. I found some really cute small pants I forgot I bought and was brave and tried them on and....omg they fit. I could not believe it! I didn't think my ass was ever gonna fit in those again. I wasn't even aiming for those. My size 6 boyfriend jeans are falling off, I ordered two pairs of size 4 praying I wouldn't be between sizes, and they also fit. It's almost too good to believe. Really some days I have to stand in the mirror nude to prove to myself that it's true. I had totally lost all hope before Juddd. It is such a blessing to me. I'm meeting my DD fiancée tomorrow and I'm so happy to not be heavy you have no idea ( well of course you do ). I would have been mortified not to mention had to wear sweats, if I had to meet him 27 lbs ago. My frame is so tiny, each pound looked like five no kidding. Even my jewerly fits better. I had rings I couldn't wear cause my fingers got heavier. You are all just the coolest women ever. Knowing all of you is the next best thing to losing the weigh!!! There is just the sweetest ever newbie that just posted, I almost cried. Anyway, I adore you all!Vanessa
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 03:42 AM   #448
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffabuff View Post
Hi everyone, I found some really cute small pants I forgot I bought and was brave and tried them on and....omg they fit. I could not believe it! I didn't think my ass was ever gonna fit in those again. I wasn't even aiming for those. My size 6 boyfriend jeans are falling off, I ordered two pairs of size 4 praying I wouldn't be between sizes, and they also fit. It's almost too good to believe. Vanessa
Vanessa, I am so happy for you! That is wonderful news~ I can just imagine how thrilled and happy you feel. Way to go, Girl! Rejoicing with you! -- Susan
Old 07-05-2012, 11:57 PM   #449
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Susan. Love your new avi!
Old 07-06-2012, 12:36 AM   #450
Senior LCF Member

I've been reading the posts backwards so forgive me for being a little out of step. Dawn, I can swear by acupuncture. The last three years have been very trying for me. Not only was I sick for a year, but just when I started to get well I had an accident that landed me in the ICU. My left arm was completely paralyzed and I give a lot of credit to acupuncture along with physical therapy for my getting full use back in my arm. And even though I have severe nerve damage to my hand still, it is almost fully functional. This after a neurologist said that I would never have use of my arm or hand ever again. I also credit of course my spirit guide and guardian angels as I have a strong belief in them. But we must always do everything we can to help ourselves. I have walked into the acupuncturist with a migraine and in the moment it took to put the pin in, the migraine was gone. It has helped both my DH and I with many annoying ailments. I strongly believe in holistic medicine and in keeping an open mind. And never let a doctor tell you there is nothing more they can do for you. If I had listened to that, I would not have tried and would have lost the 2 year window that I had to heal my nerve function. Doctors are just men, just women and they have flaws. When I was sick I literally searched until I found the doctor who literally saved my life. I would never want to go through the last three years again, but believe me I never sweat the small stuff anymore. I'm a happier person than before all that crap happened to me. Always try to stay strong.