Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2012, 12:21 PM   #391
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
I'm glad you feel that it's helped!

Something you said a couple posts up has me wanting to comment. You said,
Quote:
I don't want to be afraid of relaxing going forward. Know what I mean?
I do know what you mean and I think you can have that. You're still new to JUDDDing and definitely new to maintenance. I believe that as you continue to rotate, that the relaxation will kick in for you. You will become accustomed to your levels, you will find ways to deal with the non-physical hunger and they will become habits and you won't have to use your frontal lobe so much to muscle it into place.

So I'm saying that I think there's hope for relaxation...after the work of creating new healthy habits is done. And it may be that the more we fight it, the more we think we "should" be there already, the tougher we make it on ourselves. Just my sense from watching the boards. You know, the old, "accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."

"Success occurs in clusters and is born in generosity" --Julia Cameron

Describes my JUDDD Buddds perfectly.
Luna Loca is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2012, 12:25 PM   #392
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna Loca View Post
I do know what you mean and I think you can have that. You're still new to JUDDDing and definitely new to maintenance. I believe that as you continue to rotate, that the relaxation will kick in for you. You will become accustomed to your levels, you will find ways to deal with the non-physical hunger and they will become habits and you won't have to use your frontal lobe so much to muscle it into place.

So I'm saying that I think there's hope for relaxation...after the work of creating new healthy habits is done. And it may be that the more we fight it, the more we think we "should" be there already, the tougher we make it on ourselves. Just my sense from watching the boards. You know, the old, "accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."

Thanks.
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 12:48 PM   #393
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
MUMWLM please translate for me
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 01:01 PM   #394

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffabuff View Post
MUMWLM please translate for me
It's not a real thing, I made it up, it's mixed-up-maintenance-weight-loss-mode. It's what I was describing in my post above, where I wanted to keep the maintenance mindset and peace of mind while going back in weight loss mode calorie-wise.
Old 06-28-2012, 07:05 PM   #395
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jbinme
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyjoy View Post
Luna, these are excellent, thanks.
Historically, I have eaten for every reason under the sun BUT hunger. There's no physical hunger driving this.
It's true I'm not drinking enough fluid.
Your thoughts bring something else up for me. My focus in this, my roll-up-the-sleeves-and-lean-into-it energy, is aimed at DDs. UDs are supposed to be the easy ones, right? But they aren't for me. It isn't an every-second-day diet for me. I think I was hoping that in maintenance it'd become that. Instantly.
I think I just have to remain vigilant about loving myself enough every day not to be self-destructive. I have to remain conscious on UDs and on DDs. (somebody said that in another thread long, long ago.)
I think you've solved it for me. Many, many thanks. I have no idea what I'd do without you wise women.
I'm with you. The UDs are tough. I've really been living like I only have to do good on the DDs and that will take care of whatever I do on the UDs. Time to take care on the UDs too. Does that even make sense? I'm not always the best at putting out what I'm thinking!
Jbinme is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:03 PM   #396

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
I'm totally in MUMWLM. Thanks for giving it a name!
Dawn, you and I just seem like we're on the same journey, so many similarities for us!
Old 06-28-2012, 10:59 PM   #397
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: IThinkICan
Stats: 218/142-144/145
WOE: HCG-R5P4 JUDDD
Quote:
IThinkICan, I haven't seen those! I'll look. I eat mini bagels (100 calories) most every up day and sometimes on a down day. I don't think they have much fiber though. I like them plain, just to enjoy the breadiness (is that a word?). Former low-carber and still like to celebrate eating bread.

I'm thinking I'm not really in maintenance any more. My last few down days have been very low, like in the 300's which is really low for me, I was struggling before to stick to around 500. I'm feeling more like being in the weight loss mindset, although I don't want to get all frenetic about it like I was getting before I took this maintenance break.

I like the mindset of maintenance and the weight loss of WLM. Can't I just have both?

I'm hoping that I can. I'm also allowing myself the option of going back up to higher down day levels at any time. So I'm mixing up maintenance and wlm. What's the acronym for that--MUMWLM? Anyway, that's what I'm doing. Remains to be seen whether I can maintain that balance.
I am totally digging the breadiness! Yes, that is a word... at least in my dictionary! When I was in HCG, I was allowed up to 2 Melba toasts per day. Most people liked it for the crunch. I preferred to soak them in chicken broth or water to soften them to something with more breadiness. Now, I thoroughly enjoy buttering the soft crusts I cut off my son's sandwiches... or snatching a piece of a smart bagel with butter or cream cheese. For a while I started my carbs with just low net carb tortillas, wraps, and pitas, but they are thin. While I still like those sometimes, smart bagels add a bit of depth (although still somewhat thin), which means more breadiness. Mmmmm... bread and butter seems so simple - and I spent years with this simple combo on my list of unpardonable sins (that stinken' Atkins mindset of years ago).

I think I am kinda in MUMWLM too! I keep seeing a few little dips on the scale... once even in the 143s! So while I like enjoying upping my calories a bit for "maintenance," I also like to not go too high with calories too quickly because I love seeing the scale gradually (very slowly) hover downward. Ironically, however, I almost feel like those few UUADs where I really mixed things up were the cause of my bigger drops on the scale (after the next DD or two).
IThinkICan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 04:33 AM   #398
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CharlotteChick
Stats: 164/147/140
WOE: Post-hcg/high fat/low carbs
Start Date: JUDD: March 27, 2012 :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffabuff View Post
Dawn I really empathize with you. In the not to distant past I was quite ill and it took me over a year to find the right doctor and the right treatments to heal my body. I agree that you should stay in maintenance and put your strength into healing your body first, weight loss second. I will say a little For you tonight. Try to stay strong and know your guardian angels are with you always. Vanessa
, Vanessa. Wishing you the best, too, Dawn.

I am learning SO MUCH NOW at the age of 58 about nutrition/health. Have you considered or are you seeing a homeopath? Just discovered acupuncture, too. Although I hate the needles, I love the results.

Take good care of yourself. Health comes first!
CharlotteChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 04:47 AM   #399

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Dawn, you and I just seem like we're on the same journey, so many similarities for us!
Great minds and all that.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 04:51 AM   #400

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteChick View Post
, Vanessa. Wishing you the best, too, Dawn.

I am learning SO MUCH NOW at the age of 58 about nutrition/health. Have you considered or are you seeing a homeopath? Just discovered acupuncture, too. Although I hate the needles, I love the results.

Take good care of yourself. Health comes first!
Thanks Vanessa and CC!

I haven't seen a homeopath. The area I live in is weird. Most people think California is pretty progressive and free-spirited, but I sort of live in the uber-conservative part of the state. I don't even know if we HAVE any homeopaths around here, but I'll do a little google search and see what I come up with. Next step for me is an Endocrinologist, probably in August.

I've decided to stay in MUMWLM for however long it takes.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 05:14 AM   #401
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CharlotteChick
Stats: 164/147/140
WOE: Post-hcg/high fat/low carbs
Start Date: JUDD: March 27, 2012 :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
I'm totally in MUMWLM. Thanks for giving it a name!
Me, too. I'm playing with the numbers to figure out where to hang in maintenance. Doing well when DDs are at 700 (have enough energy for the day) and yes, I eat well. Mostly P3 (for you HCGers), lots of protein and fats, salads without dressing. It's the UD numbers I need to settle on. 1800? 1700? Gained my last UD at 1700, but then I ate 93 carbs. Carbs just pack weight on me. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I the way you are all so supportive of each other. I wouldn't have ventured down this JUDDD path without you!

-- Susan in HOT Charlotte
Discovered JUDDD (March 2012)
Fast 5 (January 2013)
CharlotteChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 07:22 AM   #402
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Susan, I guess you need to decide if you want more food, or more carbs. It seems if you want the carbs, you may need to lower the UD cals, but if you limit the carbs, you might be ok with more cals. Only you can make that call.

I posted in the June daily chat thread about my doc visit yesterday, but will recap. I saw a 40 point drop in cholesterol since Jan! No way to know how much of that was due to JUDDD and how much to the elimination of my allergy foods, but either way, I'm thrilled.

My naturo had no problem with the UD/DD cycling of JUDDD (hadn't heard of it, but was curious.) Wish I'd actually read the book so I could answer more of his questions. But he didn't want me skipping breakfast for now. He actually likes IF, but for people with adrenal issues (which I have), fasting puts a greater load on the adrenals. When blood sugar drops, your body produces more cortisol to induce the liver to release glycogen. Since it's the adrenals produce the cortisol, it puts more of a burden on them. So, I'll have a protein shake (105 cal) on my dd mornings and see how it goes for a while.

Also, I'm back to goal weight as of yesterday. And if I had a digital scale, it might have been a little below, even after an UD yesterday. Yippee!

LOL at MUMWLM. You gotta do what works, and sometimes, that's not doing it by the book.
Old 06-30-2012, 01:33 AM   #403

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Everyone ding things right for them it appears. We all have blips but JUDDD gives us so many options and such an advantage. I'm thrilled about you cholesterol Tina, mine is due to be checked soon.

Loving the food here in France. DD today, no breakfast, planning a day of water and espressos, then seafood and some wine this evening. Go to make this work even while away.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 07:01 AM   #404
Major LCF Poster!

CharlotteChick and Kristin I LOVE the new pictures! Beautiful!!
Old 06-30-2012, 07:22 AM   #405
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks, Janette. Looking forward to seeing your beautiful face.
It's weird to think that we could all pass each other on the street and not know enough to fling our arms around each other in thanks for being friends here.
Old 06-30-2012, 07:28 AM   #406
Major LCF Poster!

I'm working on it. I only have my phone to post on here. When my DH has time he's going to show me how.
Do you ever wonder? Passing people in the store or driving down the road? Could they be a juddd buddd?
Old 06-30-2012, 07:31 AM   #407
Major LCF Poster!

I DO wonder!!!!
It makes me far friendlier overall.
Old 06-30-2012, 08:05 AM   #408
Major LCF Poster!

My UD yesterday felt much more calm. I drank a lot more water, tea(thanks Luna for the reminder!) I stopped myself from thinking 'i need to eat as much as possible since it's an UD'. I tried to just focus on eating when true hunger hit. I'm still learning and taking deep breathes. I really want my mind to get right. I also decided not to step on the scale until further notice!
Old 06-30-2012, 08:53 AM   #409
Major LCF Poster!

Cindy, glad you are enjoying France and finding ways to keep your rotations going.

Kristin and Charlottechick, you both look fabulous!

I've been adding coconut oil, even on my dd's and NOT counting it since Monday. Apparently it is agreeing with my. I lost all 4 of the pounds I put on over the weekend, plus one more. 124 this am. Love that!
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 09:05 AM   #410
Major LCF Poster!

Tina-Great job getting to where you want to be!
Old 06-30-2012, 09:52 AM   #411

Wow, lots going on here in maintainland!

I'm glad the concept of MUMWLM has made sense to others...it was really just me giving voice to the ramblings in my head, but if it works for us, why not?

CharlotteChick, great avatar!!! You clearly have such personality. If you don't mind sharing, what do you do acupuncture for and what are the results? I've never tried it.

Kristen, your avatar!!! You are gorgeous, woman!! That pic should be plastered all over billboards all over town! Wow! Thanks for coming out of lurkdom, what a loss it would have been for us had we never gotten to know you and your kindness, your beauty (inside and out) and your generosity. Mwah!

Dawn, I agree about the great minds (of course I do, LOL). I hope that finding some alternative medicine helps, I know a great many who can say that it has helped them. I live in the bible belt in the Midwest, so I know of what you speak, but even here in a very conservative political area there are lots of alternative healers--a counterculture of sorts. You might find more than you think. If you have a health food store, stop there and ask and/or peruse the bulletin board. That's a great way to find them. My health food store has practitioners that have offices right in the shop, so it's kind of a one-stop thing.

Tina wow! I have coconut oil but pretty much stopped using it since starting JUDDD, didn't want to use up the calories. I mean I slather myself in the stuff, but wasn't eating any. Thanks to your inspiration, I may start using it again internally. Do you know why people say not to count the calories? I've heard that before but not the explanation why.

Kissa, glad you're having a lovely yummy time. I'm not sure in France that I could manage to do down days, I'm afraid I would throw caution to the winds and make every day an UUAD. I'm proud of your restraint.

Well, my new low stuck after an up day, so yay! We have a few big celebrations coming up, our anniversary is on Sunday, which is an up day, so we'll have dinner at one of our favorite restaurants, an English pub nearby. Then my birthday falls on a down day, but I've managed to finagle two birthday celebrations, one on the third with DH and the full moon, and one on the fifth with my parents and we'll do a classic fourth-of-July style barbecue.

Technically I'll be 49, but I've decided on this birthday I'm going to start telling people I'm 37. I feel so much younger and better than I have in years, I just don't feel 49 so I'm not going to be.
Old 06-30-2012, 10:25 AM   #412

Lol, DD update. Absolutely perfect, water and espresso. Then, not starving at all, just ruling to work out the best way to organise things, MUDDD came to mind.

We have meal booked on Monday night in a restaurant we ate in before our wedding 31 year ago. And tomorrow, Sunday, is usually a big lunchtime meal here.

So, I decided to eat this evening and tomorrow lunchtime then fast until Monday evening, makes total sense, no?

A lightbulb moment.
Old 06-30-2012, 10:32 AM   #413
Major LCF Poster!

Cindy, very cool. I look forward to that kind of flexibility.
Luna, thanks, you.
Old 06-30-2012, 11:38 AM   #414
Major LCF Poster!

Luna, the Diotamaceous earth thread took a turn to talking about co on about page 4, and there was mention of it there. It has something to do with how your body metabolizes the co. I don't understand it really, but I do know I haven't been cold on DD's since using it, even though my dd's this week have been lower than ever. And perhaps I'm able to keep them lower because the co is keeping me fuller.
Old 06-30-2012, 12:39 PM   #415

I just wish I could eat CO. I can do the cream and milk but I don't think that has the same effect, what do you think Tina?
Old 06-30-2012, 12:43 PM   #416

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykidsteacher View Post
Luna, the Diotamaceous earth thread took a turn to talking about co on about page 4, and there was mention of it there. It has something to do with how your body metabolizes the co. I don't understand it really, but I do know I haven't been cold on DD's since using it, even though my dd's this week have been lower than ever. And perhaps I'm able to keep them lower because the co is keeping me fuller.
thanks. That was a good read. Added a little CO to my coffee this morning, may try some of Dawn's PB2 concoction later also.
Old 06-30-2012, 01:31 PM   #417
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
Quote:
Well, my new low stuck after an up day, so yay! We have a few big celebrations coming up, our anniversary is on Sunday, which is an up day, so we'll have dinner at one of our favorite restaurants, an English pub nearby. Then my birthday falls on a down day, but I've managed to finagle two birthday celebrations, one on the third with DH and the full moon, and one on the fifth with my parents and we'll do a classic fourth-of-July style barbecue.
Sunday, as in tomorrow??

Tomorrow my DH and I celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary, so if yours is tomorrow, this is just another cool thing we have in common.

/BackToLurkerMode
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 01:35 PM   #418

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
Sunday, as in tomorrow??

Tomorrow my DH and I celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary, so if yours is tomorrow, this is just another cool thing we have in common.

/BackToLurkerMode
Yup, tomorrow. That's awesome! The synchronicities that I've been experiencing on this board are nothing short of amazing.

23 years for us.
Old 06-30-2012, 01:37 PM   #419
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
Quote:
Yup, tomorrow. That's awesome! The synchronicities that I've been experiencing on this board are nothing short of amazing.

23 years for us.

That's wonderful!
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 03:08 PM   #420
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Anniversary to Luna and her Dh, and Sheridan and hers! Congrats to all of you.

Kissa, I don't know if it would have the same effect or not. I'd think the full fat coconut milk would have lots of the oil in it, and besides it's yummy. I love making whipped cream out of it and plopping it on top of fruit!