Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2012, 09:38 AM   #361
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
I'm sorry I'm slacking on the forum lately. I just don't have the time with summer on a farm.

I had a great weekend away with family, plus a church picnic yesterday, and this morning am up 4 pounds!!! If I hadn't seen other fellow maintainers go through this, I might be panicking, but I have, so I'm not. Lots of lemon water on tap today (I'm sooo puffy from the 100* temps I was out in yesterday, plus too many grains/potatoes this weekend). No food so far, and a 110 cal salad planned for lunch. Shooting for under 500 today. Hoping to be back where I was by the weekend.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-2012, 11:54 AM   #362
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now. Helped along by Juddd
Hi everybody. I wonder if I can ask your advice. I'm officially in maintenance and my weight dropped a wee bit lower than I expected while away for the week. I really think the SIRTUIN thing has just kicked in with me (took its time, I tell you!). Anyway, I'm wondering how much you shifted your calorie levels initially when you reached maintenance. I know I'll find what's best for me, but I wouldn't mind learning from the wise women here.
Any thoughts on what worked best for you?
Thanks for anything you can give me, and for you being here, period.
Old 06-25-2012, 03:07 PM   #363
Major LCF Poster!

I initially bumped by dd's to 800 cals, because dd's were harder for me, and I was already struggling to get my UD cals in. Maint for me seems to be 1500-1600/800-900. I'm currently doing 500 or less dd's however, because I'd like to drop under my goal to give me a little bounce room.
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 04:27 PM   #364
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks, Tina
Joyjoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 05:09 PM   #365
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jbinme
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Bless you, I know how busy you all are. It is easy for me as I am retired. The monthly Newbie thread is important too, so many queries there.

I won't be in the country on the 1st July to start a new one for them, any takers?
Hey Cindy, I'll take care of it. I'll be staying home a lot this summer since the ac has gone out in my car. That's ok though. I'm kind of a homebody and it gives me a good excuse!!
Jbinme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 07:49 PM   #366
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/144 - 150/155, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Maintenance - 5:2/JUDDD
I'll try to remember if Janette doesn't.

I'm not sure if I'm ready to move on from my maintenance break. I had good losses last week and have stopped losing again this week. I just found out my meds are not optimized yet. They are upping my dosage again, then will refer me to an Endocrinologist if that doesn't work. I'm so tired of not feeling well, and very discouraged. I know it will all work out eventually, but I'm ready to take my life back.

Okay, enough boohooing from me. Can't keep me down for long.

Atkins 10/24/11 @ 277.6
JUDDD 12/12/11 @ 267.8
January 2013 @ 165.0: Maintaining however feels the most comfortable with little bouts of WLM thrown in here and there.
January 2014 @ 145: Maintaining with 5:2 and/or JUDDD
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 03:09 AM   #367
Major LCF Poster!

dawn- so frustrating! But as you said it will all work out.
Old 06-26-2012, 04:29 AM   #368

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Thanks so much Janette, it is lovely seeing them getting to know each other and helping.

Dawn, I am sorry that they are still struggling to get your drugs sorted. I think you would be very wise to hang around maintaining, you have continued to lose and you are being kind to you body. Sounds like a win, win to me.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:09 AM   #369
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: leonak
Stats: 122/118/110-114
Start Date: Start 2-1-14
I am still here in Main Land, but, but but

The first 18 days of June I did not count a thing, gained 3 #!

I started tracking everything and was within the limits for Main for 7 whole days, stepped on the evil scale and lost only 1/2 #

Just must do better!

Main is not a bit easier then any other JUDDD for me. Being a senior citizen maybe one of my problems!

Enough crying!

Thanks for listening!
leonak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:20 AM   #370
Major LCF Poster!

Dawn, hope all goes well with meds. It's amazing, given all of that, that you've done so beautifully here whether in WLM or maintenance.
Leonak, I agree that maintenance can be tricky business. Some days I'm afraid to loosen the reins. Some days I don't want reins at all. I think I underestimated the importance of getting my head in the right place for this part.
Another day, more to learn! Good luck with it.
Old 06-26-2012, 11:43 AM   #371

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
I feel like I've been being a bad juddd buddd being away from the boards so much. Life is busy these days and I'm not on the computer much.

But I've managed to lose a bit more weight...one more pound and I'm no longer obese. So I'm one pound obese at this time.

Life is good, if crazy. I'm keeping to my rotations and have managed some really good down days lately. I've had to fight to eat enough on most of my up days, which is a nice problem to have.

Leona, I'm sorry that weight crept back up on you! Hoping you find a solution that brings you peace and satisfaction, whether that means tracking every day or what.

Tina, hoping the lemon water does it's thing and you're back to your svelte self in no time. These temps are crazy, aren't they? We're expecting nineties and 100s for the forseeable future. Makes me want to go visit North Dakota. Or maybe Canada.

Kissa, have a lovely trip. Eat some good food for me, would you? I'd love to go with you, it's a nice dream!!

Dawn, I'm sorry your meds are still not stabilized. How frustrating that must be. I am holding the vision that your doctors will have the wisdom they need to find just the right solution for you and that you will soon regain vibrant health and energy. And drop a few more pounds in the bargain.

Phyl, I know everyone feels your support. You are good people.

Kristen, hoping that you do get your head in the right place. It's funny, we focus so much on the physical when I believe that the biggest changes that must take place in order to lose weight and keep it off are mental. At least that's been the case for me. I have had to learn to see everything differently--food, my body, exercise, my public persona, how I relate to people both in person and online...so many changes had to be made, and a lot of them had nothing to do with how much I weighed!

Anyone I missed, just know that I love you and support you and send you

"Success occurs in clusters and is born in generosity" --Julia Cameron

Describes my JUDDD Buddds perfectly.
Luna Loca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:50 AM   #372
Major LCF Poster!

Hey everybody! Luna's home!!!!!!!!
Hey Luna, oh, I feel for that one obese pound. No idea why.
Glad you're well. We miss you.
Old 06-26-2012, 12:14 PM   #373

Aw thanks everyone!

Luna, we're twinsies! I'm staying between 1-3 pounds in obeseland. I want so badly to "just" be overweight. How sad is that? Glad you're still losing!
Old 06-26-2012, 01:22 PM   #374

Lol, to 'just' be overweight. Soon, very soon.

Lovely to see you Luna, so glad life is good.

Will try to check in on occasion while I am away... I am addicted.
Old 06-26-2012, 02:51 PM   #375
Major LCF Poster!

Luna and Dawn, you will be out of the obese classification so very soon. And then you will keep losing and losing and will find yourself not a statistic at all--or at least in the seemingly minority statistic of adults who are at a healthy weight.

Had my lowest ever DD yesterday at 400 cals. Not sure if it was the 2 doses of l-glutamine that helped me stick to it, or just shear will, but I wasn't hungry, so that was good. Woke up with 2 of the extra 4 pounds gone.

I'm striving for the week to really avoid completely all grains and sugar, to get that aspect of my diet cleaned up again. It really doesn't do good things to my digestion, to say nothing for my weight, when I slip and let those things creep in.
Old 06-27-2012, 06:56 AM   #376
Major LCF Poster!

One more pound gone, even after an UD. And I've only lost after an UD maybe twice before. Only 1 to go to get back to my maint weight. Love JUDDD.
Old 06-27-2012, 08:26 AM   #377
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: IThinkICan
Stats: 218/142-144/145
WOE: HCG-R5P4 JUDDD
Good going, Tina! It had to just be water weight... I understand that puffy feeling. It is nice to know you can't just add on several pounds of body fat in one weekend.

My Sunday was kinda like a Staycation day for my family. After church, there was an ice cream social, then we went to Red Lobster... later on we were going to see a movie but had to kill some time and ended up getting ice cream cones at McDonald's (haven't had those in years - such nostalgic joy!)... saw the movie and had some candy during it (at least I keep some sugarfree candy in my purse!)... then needed some "real food" and went to Friendly's... and you can't go to Friendly's for just dinner and not get ice cream too (and wouldn't you know, the special card I have is for a Buy One Get One Free on the 3-scoop sundaes, not the smaller ones)...

If you were counting, yes, that was ice cream three times in one day, and not once was it sugarfree! LOL!

I calculated about 3000 that day... scale was up about 1.5 lbs (so sure it would've been more like 5 lbs before I started JUDDD-ing)... followed up with a DD of about 600 calories, and lost 1.1 the next morning. I will say that was one of the easiest DDs though! I was so full Sunday night and still so puffy-feeling on Monday morning that I didn't even start feeling like I could eat again until around 1pm - and I didn't really eat much even then!

Should be a good rest of the week though - rotation fits perfectly with Thursday being a dinner with hubby's business network at a Mexican restaurant and Saturday being my kids' cousin's birthday party - both are on UDs!

Hubby has been actively starting to JUDDD too - though doesn't have quite the grasp on calorie counting yet. I hope he gets enough on his UDs. He's been learning to appreciate the way I "spike" his food with so many veggies on DDs - makes it easier for him. He weighed at the start and then again after his first DD, with an instant 1.5-lb loss. He wants to wait a full week before weighing again. I hope he sees some good results! It's so hard for him to stay low carb with so many clients feeding him who-knows-what all the time, so a moderate carb JUDDD plan like I'm doing would fit so much better.
IThinkICan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 02:07 PM   #378

Ithinkican what a great post. JUDDD in action. I really hope this helps DH it is so much easier than LC.

I have enjoyed a lovely UD on our first day in France. Planning a 'good' day tomorrow, what ever that turns out to be.
Old 06-27-2012, 11:48 PM   #379
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
Dawn I really empathize with you. In the not to distant past I was quite ill and it took me over a year to find the right doctor and the right treatments to heal my body. I agree that you should stay in maintenance and put your strength into healing your body first, weight loss second. I will say a little For you tonight. Try to stay strong and know your guardian angels are with you always.
Yam Yam when I went into maintenance last week I put all my extra calculated calories into my UD and kept my DD at 300. I lost 1 1/2 lbs that week. By my calculations I can do 60% maintenance mode and keep my DD at 300 and I would still have a calorie deficit. I went to three different sites to see the calories to maintain my weight and came up with the average of all three answers. Technically I should still lose a little over three pounds per months, at least for awhile. I'm wishing you wonderful results in maintenance.
Vanessa
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:04 AM   #380
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: IThinkICan
Stats: 218/142-144/145
WOE: HCG-R5P4 JUDDD
We've had 2 or 3 DDs since hubby's last weigh-in (can't remember which day it was exactly that hubby last weighed), and he's down 3 lbs! He gasped when he saw the number on the scale because he wasn't expecting it. He's relieved to be on moderate carbs too! Yay for living life!

BTW, have you people discovered Smart Bagels yet? They're like thin bagels with extra fiber. Hubby needed a vehicle to transport his cream cheese to his mouth (other than a spoon), and these were great for him! 100 calories each, 15 net carbs.
IThinkICan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:38 AM   #381

IThinkICan, I haven't seen those! I'll look. I eat mini bagels (100 calories) most every up day and sometimes on a down day. I don't think they have much fiber though. I like them plain, just to enjoy the breadiness (is that a word?). Former low-carber and still like to celebrate eating bread.

I'm thinking I'm not really in maintenance any more. My last few down days have been very low, like in the 300's which is really low for me, I was struggling before to stick to around 500. I'm feeling more like being in the weight loss mindset, although I don't want to get all frenetic about it like I was getting before I took this maintenance break.

I like the mindset of maintenance and the weight loss of WLM. Can't I just have both?

I'm hoping that I can. I'm also allowing myself the option of going back up to higher down day levels at any time. So I'm mixing up maintenance and wlm. What's the acronym for that--MUMWLM? Anyway, that's what I'm doing. Remains to be seen whether I can maintain that balance.
Old 06-28-2012, 11:00 AM   #382
Major LCF Poster!

I think I'm going to try the MUMWLM! I need to start tracking my UDs. My wt is getting a little higher than I want it to be I feel a little emotional. My baby is 4 today.
Old 06-28-2012, 11:10 AM   #383
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbinme View Post
I think I'm going to try the MUMWLM! .
I'd love to try it, but I don't think I can handle the looseness of it yet. Man. I had a crazy UUAD yesterday. It feels like I don't know what the heck I'm doing with maintenance yet, like I don't have a game plan set, and my nutty urges on UDs, urges I thought had disappeared, are back again. Rats. Any thoughts??
(jbinme, happy birthday to your wee one! Mine are 23 and 25 this summer I still get weepy.)
Old 06-28-2012, 11:26 AM   #384

Kristen, can you tell us more about what's causing problems for you? What are your numbers that you're eating? You're four pounds below your goal, according to your stats, are you wanting to stay there, stop losing, or keep losing a bit more?

Wanting to help in any way I can. We can help you create a game plan.
Old 06-28-2012, 11:37 AM   #385
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Kristin. My oldest will be 20 in October! They sure grow up fast don't they
I was staying in my range having FD on my UDs and staying in my wt range. But I think I've slowly been eating more and more on uds. Like it's never enough!
How long have you been juddding?
It's been just over 5 months for me. I found it interesting in another thread that others might have had some changes around 5 months?
Old 06-28-2012, 11:40 AM   #386
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks, Luna. My goal was a shot in the dark. I feel fine at this weight, and suspect I'd be fine if I lost a couple of pounds. I'd like to see where my body settles happily.
So, when I started, I struggled horribly with DDs. I raised them from the recommended 315 (can you say sniff but do not eat that cabbage?) to about 450. Then they got peaceful. That worked and worked for weight loss..
UDs were 1615. I found these tougher but okay as long as I din't eat breakfast. I swear that every time I eat breakfast, some craziness gets out of the bag and the day becomes an UUAD.
This describes the WL trip.
When I declared maintenance, I figured I'd leave the peaceful DDs and raise my UDs to 1800-1900. Again, if I don't eat breakfast, I'm good, although to be truthful, I think I feel the craziness lurking. I know I do. It's like I've changed the structure and now cracks are forming. (It doesn't feel as dramatic as this. I'm just trying to get it into words for myself.). And once a week so far, I eat breakfast when i'm hungry in the morning, and then head into UUAD.
I don't want to be afraid of relaxing going forward. Know what I mean?
Apologies for the length of this. I'd appreciate your wisdom.
Old 06-28-2012, 11:43 AM   #387
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Janette, similar stories, don't you think? I've been JUDDDing for ten weeks. Well, eleven or twelve if you count the lurking weeks at the beginning.
You know, I KNOW that I could up, up, and away myself back to my original weight in no time at all if I don't figure this out.
Old 06-28-2012, 11:54 AM   #388

Okay, so your up days are getting out of control. Skipping breakfast is a good tool for you, sounds like.

Have you tried Resveratrol? I take it and find it controls my hunger on both up days and down days. Up days are much less likely to make it into UUADs while I'm taking it. I ran out a couple weeks ago and noticed a definite difference. So you might give that a try and see if it does this for you. It doesn't for everyone, from what I understand, but it's worth a try.

Also, are you getting enough liquids on your up days? You probably won't drink as much on an up day as you will on a down day, because some of your water comes from foods, but I find that if I'm hungry inappropriately on an up day that if I drink a goodish quantity of liquid (I drink watered-down Crystal Light, hate the taste of water) that it helps settle the hunger down.

Also, asking yourself if you are really hungry can help, especially if you've just recently eaten and are cruising the refrigerator an hour later. I find I will eat for entertainment, and up days are sometimes just begging me to entertain myself again and again. Less focus is required to get through an up day, and so less focus is applied, and I'm eating mindlessly.

Just a couple thoughts...
Old 06-28-2012, 12:07 PM   #389
Major LCF Poster!

Luna, these are excellent, thanks.
Historically, I have eaten for every reason under the sun BUT hunger. There's no physical hunger driving this.
It's true I'm not drinking enough fluid.
Your thoughts bring something else up for me. My focus in this, my roll-up-the-sleeves-and-lean-into-it energy, is aimed at DDs. UDs are supposed to be the easy ones, right? But they aren't for me. It isn't an every-second-day diet for me. I think I was hoping that in maintenance it'd become that. Instantly.
I think I just have to remain vigilant about loving myself enough every day not to be self-destructive. I have to remain conscious on UDs and on DDs. (somebody said that in another thread long, long ago.)
I think you've solved it for me. Many, many thanks. I have no idea what I'd do without you wise women.
Old 06-28-2012, 12:20 PM   #390

I'm totally in MUMWLM. Thanks for giving it a name!