Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2012, 09:41 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ollie
Stats: 195/186.5/150
WOE: FAST5
Start Date: 10/15/2014
Nausea & Dizziness

Hi,
Just wondering if anyone else has experienced nausea or dizziness on the WOE? The last few days I've felt dizzy several times during the day, and sometimes the dizziness leads to nausea. Just curious, as I rarely ever experience either of these things.

BTW, this is week 6 JUDDDing

Thanks,
Kay
ollie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2012, 09:49 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hockey_gal
Stats: 172/156/150 5'7.5 Goal met: Aug 19/11
WOE: Moderate LC
Start Date: Aug 2010
Are you sure it's JUDDDing related and not an illness coming on? I could see it being diet related if you were in the first week or two? But kind of strange to show up at this point. Have you changed anything else recently? (more caffeine, less water, etc)

I have had plenty of dizzy and naseau related episodes. I have been episode free for a while now - I don't think I've ever gone this long w/o one. I have had every work up under the sun and the only things "off" for me were always low blood pressure and low heartrate. I've upped my coffee intake bc it suppresses my appetite on DDs...so I'm not sure if it's JUDDD helping me or the coffee (I started drinking coffee during pregnancy bc my heartrate was dropping into the low 40s and it helped me then).

Could your blood pressure have dropped?

Take care of yourself!

Goal weight met: Aug 19/11

When stress is weakening your will and your knees is when you need the TLC of LC the most.
hockey_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 09:57 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ollie
Stats: 195/186.5/150
WOE: FAST5
Start Date: 10/15/2014
Hi,
No other changes I can think of. I feel fine other than these weird episodes that come and go. Not time of month either. I was thinking it might be low blood sugar????
ollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 03:50 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gharkness
WOE: RNY Gastric Bypass 02-02-2007
(I am not a doctor). Does the dizziness occur when you stand up, or otherwise are moving around? That would more likely be due to low blood pressure. How quickly does it go away? If it's blood sugar, it wouldn't leave quickly, because it takes a little time to get blood sugar up, whereas, blood pressure can change quickly.

More likely it's low blood pressure, which may take a little longer to occur, hence the six weeks. Even a diet that's not low carb can result in low blood pressure due to its diuretic effect on some people, which reduces blood volume. Before you give up, try some boullion or other salty drinks or foods that fit within your UD/DD parameters. Not just when the dizziness occurs, but as a preventative, every day.

You should be able to get a good idea about your blood pressure by visiting one of those blood pressure monitors in every drug store. They are not necessarily super-accurate, but they will give you a general idea.
gharkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 06:19 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Majella
Stats: 191/183/132
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: June 2013
Hiya this has happened to me on DD when I've not drank enough....maybe it's that? Hope it goes away soon
Majella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 06:43 AM   #6
WWC
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: WWC
Stats: size 14/size 14/size 10
WOE: high protein/lowcarb/JUDDD
Start Date: recommitted 1/12
Are you writing down everything you eat? Can you look at it and see any patterns? One of the reasons that low-carb works for me is because my BS bottoms out a couple of hours after eating higher carb items (especially if I have not paired it with a protein or good fat.) I would look at your food plan and see what your carbs look like on up days. Are you eating more than normal? Do you eat them by themselves or pair them with a protein?

Protein or good fats will slow the digestion of carbs making their impact on the body easier. My other thought would be fluid consumption and making sure you are well hydrated on both UDs and DDs.

I had a habit in HS and my 20's of getting dizzy and passing out. It feels terrible. Once I got on board with eating healthier (took a long time ) I don't get any of those symptoms any more.
WWC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 09:52 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NoWeigh
Stats: 58 Yrs. & Hypothyroid
Start Date: JUDDD April 1st January – March ate LC/LC
I'm just a lurker, trying to learn....BUT...the last time that happened to me, I found out I was pregnant.
NoWeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 10:17 AM   #8
WWC
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoWeigh View Post
I'm just a lurker, trying to learn....BUT...the last time that happened to me, I found out I was pregnant.
Old 02-09-2012, 10:23 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NoWeigh
Stats: 58 Yrs. & Hypothyroid
Start Date: JUDDD April 1st January – March ate LC/LC
Quote:
Originally Posted by WWC View Post
Ok, laugh if you will, but my dizziness and nausea just turned 28 years old!
NoWeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 10:25 AM   #10
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 10:27 AM   #11
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
Hi,
Just wondering if anyone else has experienced nausea or dizziness on the WOE? The last few days I've felt dizzy several times during the day, and sometimes the dizziness leads to nausea. Just curious, as I rarely ever experience either of these things.

BTW, this is week 6 JUDDDing

Thanks,
Kay
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey_gal View Post
Are you sure it's JUDDDing related and not an illness coming on? I could see it being diet related if you were in the first week or two? But kind of strange to show up at this point. Have you changed anything else recently? (more caffeine, less water, etc)

I have had plenty of dizzy and naseau related episodes. I have been episode free for a while now - I don't think I've ever gone this long w/o one. I have had every work up under the sun and the only things "off" for me were always low blood pressure and low heartrate. I've upped my coffee intake bc it suppresses my appetite on DDs...so I'm not sure if it's JUDDD helping me or the coffee (I started drinking coffee during pregnancy bc my heartrate was dropping into the low 40s and it helped me then).

Could your blood pressure have dropped?

Take care of yourself!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gharkness View Post
(I am not a doctor). Does the dizziness occur when you stand up, or otherwise are moving around? That would more likely be due to low blood pressure. How quickly does it go away? If it's blood sugar, it wouldn't leave quickly, because it takes a little time to get blood sugar up, whereas, blood pressure can change quickly.

More likely it's low blood pressure, which may take a little longer to occur, hence the six weeks. Even a diet that's not low carb can result in low blood pressure due to its diuretic effect on some people, which reduces blood volume. Before you give up, try some boullion or other salty drinks or foods that fit within your UD/DD parameters. Not just when the dizziness occurs, but as a preventative, every day.

You should be able to get a good idea about your blood pressure by visiting one of those blood pressure monitors in every drug store. They are not necessarily super-accurate, but they will give you a general idea.
It does sound more like blood pressure to me too, more than even blood sugar or electrolytes as the cause, but I definitely don't know anything for sure. A visit to the doc sounds in order, ollie.
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 10:32 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Eieio
Stats: 155/140/130 (130)
WOE: Atkin, JUDDD
Start Date: Dec-10
Yes Ollie

i had lots of dizzy first week. Then I decided it was blood pressure and low food intake.. So I ate more, and the dizzy went away. Like magic.
GOOD LUCK. Stay off ladders.
Ei
Eieio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 10:33 AM   #13
WWC
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I have one that will turn 7 in April. One day, I had to pull off the road because my coffee made me sick. I was think to myself, "that only happens when I'm....Oh, my!" I was almost 8 weeks along!
Old 02-09-2012, 11:41 AM   #14
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
I get like this if I don't drink enough, but this happened when I did an other WOE, too so I know it's not JUDDD related, it's just water/liquid related.
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 11:51 AM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pjsam1156
WOE: JUDDD for life, baby!!
Start Date: Feb 2009; RESTART: Nov. 2011 as EX-LCer
I only get shaky if I don't eat on DDs. I don't get dizzy from it.

HOWEVER, I've had low blood pressure my entire life, so I get dizzy here and there from that. So, I guess it could be low blood pressure like some are saying.
Hope this helps!
pjsam1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 01:42 PM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
When I have lost or am losing rapidly it affects my blood pressure, even have blacked out in the past. Fluid loss and major changes affect blood vessels, blood composition, and density of fat and muscle tissue that vessels pass through.
Try clenching all muscles from the waist down for ten seconds when you feel light headed. It helps dramatically.
And see your Dr if it continues or worsens!
b_lou_who is offline   Reply With Quote