Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2012, 02:20 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Truffles
Stats: 142/125/128 JUDDD
WOE: LC&JUDDD
Start Date: 3/11 LC - 1/12 LC/JUDDD
2 DD's in a row???

I was planning on an UD today, my bf and I have the night off together... but now I have eaten only 100 calories so far today and we have THE WHOLE DAY off tomorrow!! I was wondering if it would be okay to make today another DD ( I had 410 calories yesterday) under 500 calories, and just have tomorrow be another UD!!

I know some will do a MD, but is it ok to just have the 2 DD's in a row?
Truffles is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2012, 03:00 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Majella
Stats: 191/183/132
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: June 2013
I think that'd be ok, it's better then 2 or 3 UD in a row like I did lol Enjoy your day off
Majella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 03:06 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Cant see why not! Its what I would do. Some time ago Sohappy did a DD/Dd/UD/DD/DD/UD rotations, "just to see". I dont think she lost much more weight, but it certainly did her no harm.
If this is your woe for life...it has to fit in with YOUR life...so go ahead and enjoy a great UD tomorrow with your DB!

hugs
Jo
x
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 03:19 PM   #4
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Dr. Johnson very specifically warns against consecutive DDs. It's always good to be familiar with the plan you follow.
Leo41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 04:19 PM   #5
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
I will agree with Leo here, but I also think if this is just a "one time" thing, once in a great while, maybe and not something that will be how you decide to eat all the time it's not going to hurt much.

If you aren't hungry, then make this a DD BUT don't make it a habit!!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 06:01 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jenn1225
Stats: 255/175/145
WOE: Was LC'ing, now JUDDD Newbie
If you can skip this week, than next Tuesday will be an UD for you , And you're bf can take you out for a yummy valentines day treat.
Jenn1225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 06:22 PM   #7
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: heidihoopi
WOE: LC My Way
I'd go for it, in fact I am doing that very same thing today. Haven't eaten much today, losses have been slow, so I'm just going to go for it and hope for a loss. It's about time for one.
heidihoopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 06:35 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidihoopi View Post
I'd go for it, in fact I am doing that very same thing today. Haven't eaten much today, losses have been slow, so I'm just going to go for it and hope for a loss. It's about time for one.
JUDDD is a WOE that less is NOT more, meaning that we need to eat the suggested calories for DDs and UDs for it to work it's best. If you are eating more DDs then needed your weight loss will be slower, it's just what happens on this WOE because it's the UD and then DD calorie restriction that makes JUDDD work it's magic.
Old 02-08-2012, 07:08 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

I don't plan on doing this all the time. Just so happened we had planned a big calorie dinner and I was out running errands and all I took with me was my half a shake. Errands took WAY longer than planned, 3 hours for a hair cut and pedicure! Seriously! I grocery shopped on my way home from the next town over and ate a 40 calorie ice cream bar- all I had the was available to eat and not cook. By then it was almost 430pm! And tomorrow we have the WHOLE day off together so I thought it would work out better.
not doing this to lose faster, I agree that the UD and DD rotation is very important. Just a special occasion for us. I should have planned better and had a mid day some time this last week. I will enjot my UD tomorrow and make sure to eat as soon as I get up to break the fast!
Old 02-08-2012, 07:11 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn1225 View Post
If you can skip this week, than next Tuesday will be an UD for you , And you're bf can take you out for a yummy valentines day treat.
I wish this was so! But we both manage at a restaurant, so we will BOTH be working!

But we leave for a cruise on the 19th and will celebrate then. Then I might have to have a few UD's in a row... is this more forgivable than too many DD's??
Old 02-08-2012, 07:56 PM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Hazelsmrf
Stats: 303/152/150
WOE: VSG surgery
Start Date: November 8th 2012
It's no big deal at all and I'd do it in a heartbeat if I needed to, there are many diets that fast several consecutive days, just because it's not on JUDDD doesn't mean you'll suddenly go into starvation mode or you'll suddenly stop losing weight or anything. I think the point is that you can lose weight without restricting harshly, but sometimes you just have to roll with the punches and if I had no appetite one day I'd not push it.
Hazelsmrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 03:02 AM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Sometimes circumstances redesign our planned rotation. If it happens once in a while, nbd. If it becomes a regular pattern then it can slow or stop weight loss.

Planned deviations (like cruises) also happen.

I just got back from four days on the coast. In a town where the restaurants compete to be the yummiest. With friends who are foodies and oenophiles. I am now re-losing the five pounds I gained...every ounce was worth it.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 01:13 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazelsmrf View Post
It's no big deal at all and I'd do it in a heartbeat if I needed to, there are many diets that fast several consecutive days, just because it's not on JUDDD doesn't mean you'll suddenly go into starvation mode or you'll suddenly stop losing weight or anything. I think the point is that you can lose weight without restricting harshly, but sometimes you just have to roll with the punches and if I had no appetite one day I'd not push it.
I have been doing JUDDD for almost 7 months now with amazing success and doing it AS SUGGESTED, rotated UDs and DDs, so I'm sorry, but I don't agree with you on this. I have planned my vacation, holiday and special events around JUDDD, again with great success, and I did it as planned, doing the plan as it's suggested to do it, each time.

It is a big deal if a person has just started the JUDDD plan and hasn't given it the chance it needs to kick in by doing it as suggested. "Pushing it" to eat as the plan suggests is something that should be done because the way JUDDD is designed means that eating on your UDs is what needs to be done to make those DDs easier and for the plan to work and keeping to your DD calorie is also needed for it to work well. Yes, some may lose weight but I have seen too many who do JUDDD a way they think they can do it and find they either don't lose or actually gain. And yes, fasting can be done several days in a row but, here again, this is not the JUDDD way. JUDDD is a partial fasting, calorie restricted day and then a "normal" calorie day, one right after another. It's how it works best. Doing 2 DDs then making up for it with 2 UDs is NOT the JUDDD way. And when others have tried it similar to this they always come back and say the "JUDDD plan doesn't work" for them.

Do the plan, as written, giving it a chance to work because we did it as written, and it will work! I am proof of this! I, and many others, have done the plan as suggested with great success.

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”

Last edited by Beeb; 02-09-2012 at 01:14 PM..
Old 02-09-2012, 05:34 PM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Hazelsmrf
Stats: 303/152/150
WOE: VSG surgery
Start Date: November 8th 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
I have been doing JUDDD for almost 7 months now with amazing success and doing it AS SUGGESTED, rotated UDs and DDs, so I'm sorry, but I don't agree with you on this. I have planned my vacation, holiday and special events around JUDDD, again with great success, and I did it as planned, doing the plan as it's suggested to do it, each time.
See I'm seeing it from the point that she had so little calories in, and it was already evening, and she'd have to literally force feed herself to get her calories in that day. I don't believe in forcing yourself to eat when the appetite is just not there, so I disagree there. Fasting is not a new thing and people have done it for centuries (millenia!) yet we think there are some rigid rules and everything will go wrong if you don't do it this very exact way, and I just don't *believe* that's true, and I've had good success on PSMF that had 3 down days in a row every single week. I did it for 6 weeks with great success, but it was not a plan that I would have been successful long term with because the restriction was too much, it was way too much of a binge button for me, restricting myself that much led me to binges.

So what I'm saying is that I do agree you shouldn't restrict more than you need to, that JUDDD works awesomely as written, but neither do I think that if you're sick or the appetite just isn't there ONE day, that you should force it. I'm not talking about making it a weekly thing, I'm saying that I personally would not think twice about doing two down days in a row as a one off thing if I didn't feel like it, because I think force feeding myself would be way worse. Anyways, just my opinion, I know we don't usually see eye to eye. So for JUDDD, two down days, maybe it is a big deal for some. But for regular intermittent fasting, two low cal days, not a big deal.

Edit, woops missed this part:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
Doing 2 DDs then making up for it with 2 UDs is NOT the JUDDD way. And when others have tried it similar to this they always come back and say the "JUDDD plan doesn't work" for them.
Yeah I agree, I didn't realize that's what you were talking about. I would never do two UDs in a row. And really I haven't even done two DDs in a row, I don't think I would because I personally don't want to feel restricted this time, I'm done with serial dieting. But if I was sick and truly wasn't able to eat, I probably would.

Last edited by Hazelsmrf; 02-09-2012 at 05:40 PM..
Hazelsmrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 11:41 PM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

I hope if anyone else has questions about this that this thread will help them. I personally would never PLAN 2 DD's, next time I'll throw a mid day in there. I ate 1850 calories about 100 over my norm. Tomorrow will be a DD for me and I'll be right back on schedule.

There are other fasting diets, from here on out though I plan to follow the real JUDDD plan. That doesn't make other plans wrong, just not JUDDD.